Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

...and the pitch! posted:

I think it does but I'm not prepared to do any research.

its long since fell out of use it ever was in use, black and indian/turkish kids etc in my schools used to get all kinds of racist stuff said to them but never boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Oh Conor is being racist as hell. No doubt about that.

Boxing is a bad sport.

Or go into any Spanish-speaking bar when a Latin fighter is challenging a black fighter. It's an ugly scene.

I had a Mexican and a Filipino coworker almost get into it over Pac-Marquez, it's the dumbest poo poo.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

its long since fell out of use it ever was in use, black and indian/turkish kids etc in my schools used to get all kinds of racist stuff said to them but never boy

Well, that's one anecdote heard.

edit: sorry to be snarky. I'm a bit wound up.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
It really doesn't matter if it's racist or not because Conor never said it, the Mexican guy impersonating him who snuck in by wearing the stupidest coat he could find did.

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love

KidDynamite posted:

hint: he's been racist before this. Saying he was going to ride in to Aldo's favella and kill anyone not fit to work comes to mind, but keep stanning for dude.

You seem to be late. I've been saying he's doing the same poo poo as always. Also I laughed my rear end off at that comment when he said it. maybe you should be less sensitive when listening to two people speak and just watch them beat each other nearly to death.

This word that is devoid of ethnic meaning but you wouldn't say it to Mayweather's face.

So, if Connor had called him "kid" would you be ok with that? Let's not hurt anyone's feelings.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

Nothing he said was particularly offensive imo. He's saying the same poo poo as always only now everyone is viewing it with a racial lense. He's always called people out by their style and how they act. Aldo's a Brazilian bitch, Diaz is a wannabe cholo gangster, Alverez is a monkey, etc. etc. As far as I can tell the only racism that's really taken place is that people suddenly care about what he's saying bc Floyd is a black dude.

:chloe:

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

Boy just means heroin

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

attackmole posted:

Floyd has the magic ability to get people to watch his fights despite them mostly being boring technical slogs. It's like some form of Money Mayweather Hypnosis where he convinces millions of people to buy his fights, and then after every one there's a grumbling outcry from casuals about how boring it was and everyone acts all surprised about it and goes "this is why no one cares about boxing" etc etc. And then they all line up again to do it next year when he does it again.

floyd fights are actually fun to watch, he's incredibly good at making people throw wild rear end punches that go nowhere

imho i like watching people get clowned like that

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Cracking open a cold one with the *flicks through book of inoffensive things* errrrr... human male counterparts.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Well, that's one anecdote heard.

edit: sorry to be snarky. I'm a bit wound up.

well you say that but youre the one telling people what things are like in the UK but you dont even know yourself if its true. no hard feelings though, im sure its something close to your heart

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I feel like Floyd is being a little bit racist by being an illiterate woman beater who spends all his money on flashy pointless objects while being actually poor. That's not who black people in America are and he's portraying them in a negitive way that's consistent with stereotypes.

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

You seem to be late. I've been saying he's doing the same poo poo as always. Also I laughed my rear end off at that comment when he said it. maybe you should be less sensitive when listening to two people speak and just watch them beat each other nearly to death.

So, if Connor had called him "kid" would you be ok with that? Let's not hurt anyone's feelings.

Hey buddy, you're right: he's always been racist and has always said racist things. And it's good to laugh your rear end off at racist comments, they're funny.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

They can hurt each other physically and emotionally without resorting to shameful prejudice.

woozy pawsies posted:

Hey buddy, you're right: he's always been racist and has always said racist things. And it's good to laugh your rear end off at racist comments, they're funny.

It's so weird to me that "that guy shouldn't say racist stuff" is controversial somehow.

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

woozy pawsies posted:

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Work Friend Keven posted:

I feel like Floyd is being a little bit racist by being an illiterate woman beater who spends all his money on flashy pointless objects while being actually poor. That's not who black people in America are and he's portraying them in a negitive way that's consistent with stereotypes.

Cool character assassination justifying racism

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

chaleski posted:

I had a Mexican and a Filipino coworker almost get into it over Pac-Marquez, it's the dumbest poo poo.
Now That's What I Call Boxing: Volume 6000

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

mr mcgregor:: "im half black..my bottom half..and here's a message to all the black women:" humps air

beta response: "that is racist"

alpha response: "he's from IRELAND"

enlightened response: "being racist is good because of our fine sport"

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I don't see color, but my penis is huge like black mans.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

KidDynamite posted:

Cool character assassination justifying racism

Yeah it is so easy to find nuance here.

I don't have to be in favor of the way Floyd Mayweather lives his life to think that there are still lines you can cross when it comes to basic human decency.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Cyber Dog posted:

enlightened response: "being racist is good because of our fine sport"
Actually the enlightened response is boxing is bad.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I guess we're in favor of beating women if it means we don't got to see Conor McGregor claim to have a big old donkey dick.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Srs I'm actually surprised how easy it was for him to casually call black peeps monkeys

I'm white and was taught don't do racism, it's not nice so I don't

Take note, Conor

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

No matter how you slice it, there's an important lesson we can all learn from this: boxing sucks dick.

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Actually the enlightened response is boxing is bad.

Because this is the bastion of enlightenment. Let's all go out and solve the worlds problems by bitching about what the man on tv might've been implying.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Srs I'm actually surprised how easy it was for him to casually call black peeps monkeys

I'm white and was taught don't do racism, it's not nice so I don't

Take note, Conor

Calling black people monkeys in the UK isn't racist tho.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Boy is just a general disrespectful term for an adult and unless you are deliberately using it in a way that hearkens back to Montgomery, Alabama in the 60s it's probably fine.

That said, "dance for me boy" hearkens back to Montgomery, Alabama in the 60s.

Rubellavator fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jul 14, 2017

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I feel like conor immediately knew he hosed up at the first press conference because like 3 seconds after calling him boy he overcorrects and calls him sir

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Conor's from Ireland so he's allowed to say racially insensitive USA words like "Boy" or "Ebonics" but isn't allowed to say euro things that we don't care about like "Gollywog" or "Orangeman"

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Conor's from Ireland so he's allowed to say racially insensitive USA words like "Boy" or "Ebonics" but isn't allowed to say euro things that we don't care about like "Gollywog" or "Orangeman"

race sure is complicated ..

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

Rubellavator posted:

Boy is just a general disrespectful term and unless you are deliberately using it in a way that hearkens back to Montgomery, Alabama in the 60s it's probably fine.

That said, "dance for me boy" hearkens back to Montgomery, Alabama in the 60s.

I'm pretty sure Connor was referring to wherever in Alabaman you're talking about and couldn't possibly be referring to himself as superior for other reasons than racial prejudice.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

It really doesn't matter if it's racist or not because Conor never said it, the Mexican guy impersonating him who snuck in by wearing the stupidest coat he could find did.

Given his specific quotes, I think it was actually cortxbomb and not a Mexican guy

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Man, Conor has worked himself into quite the sweat already.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gas

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

If you're from Brazil the only race word you're not allowed to say is "playboy"

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Conor's so sweaty up there he actually looks kind of sick.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
No wait don't.

Because there is another super-dumb "press conference" in an hour and I need highlights.

Oh wait it's on now.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Le Saboteur posted:

Conor's so sweaty up there he actually looks kind of sick.

thats how people generally look on tv unless they have specific makeup. epically shiny i mean. probably cos of the bright lights

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

I'm pretty sure Connor was referring to wherever in Alabaman you're talking about and couldn't possibly be referring to himself as superior for other reasons than racial prejudice.

I'm not actually sure what you're getting at here. There is gonna be a fight, Connor has a lot of reasons for why he wants to project himself as superior to floyd other than racial prejudice.
I am dumb

Rubellavator fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jul 14, 2017

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

OH poo poo HE CALLED HIM KID.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Welp, he called black man a monkey already.

• Locked thread