Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pelican Dunderhead posted:

lmao okay idk about everyone else but i'd rather not be awake for when a robotic worm is going up my rear end to check on my crohn's.

scientists are building a squirming worm robot to go up your butt.

for medical reasons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

consumed by normies posted:

actually the worst of america is suburbs, everywhere, all across of america, irregardless of region. everything else has redeemable qualities

agreed. Phoenix is almost 100% suburbed hoa with nationals chains on every corner of the 1 mile square block grid. no particular culture or sense of community.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

This whole week has been fantastic, I really appreciate that the Don Jr story broke on Sunday and we're seeing the increasing iterations on it all week and the whole White House is scrambling to cover their tracks and shuffle their lawyers and constantly contradicting themselves and getting their stories and arguments crossed up

It's like when an earthquake is coming and all the animals get agitated and scurry around and there's a flurry of activity and you know something big is about to pop.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

I have to admit, when the story first came out on Saturday, I thought it was weird, but ultimately not that big a deal. The NYT has structured the rollout of the details of the meeting has been great for drawing maximum public interest and catching Trump and associates in the maximum number of lies.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

peeonwe posted:

at least rural ppl grow up near some pretty nature and understand working

suburban "culture" is a dying mall and none of em work or have any identity really

Read Andres Duany's "Suburban Nation" and James Kunstler's "The Geography of Nowhere," both great books.

i also recommend reading Keith Bradsher's "High and Mighty" for a look into how hosed up American car culture is and how car obsession is a big part of why our suburbs are hosed up and soulless.

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

HAHAHAH

Mattering is striking, like lightning from the heavens!

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/885943991543504896

some things aren't worth dying for

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

SKULL.GIF posted:

HAHAHAH

lmao nice

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Citizen Tayne posted:

Read Andres Duany's "Suburban Nation" and James Kunstler's "The Geography of Nowhere," both great books.

i also recommend reading Keith Bradsher's "High and Mighty" for a look into how hosed up American car culture is and how car obsession is a big part of why our suburbs are hosed up and soulless.

i already read all those books

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo, there are less than 7,000 black people in Vermont? lmfao!

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

That DICK! posted:

how many lawyers is trump hiring for his various violations of law or whatever, when you factor in associates and poo poo it's probably cheaper and easier to just be honest

trump thinks spending a lot of money is, in itself, a measure of quality

like how he thinks an overcooked steak drowned in ketchup is high-class food as long as he pays someone over a hundred bucks for it

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

yeah what matters is that frickin moustache

snidely motherfucking whiplash isn't willing to rep the kush

Apr 7, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

This whole week has been fantastic, I really appreciate that the Don Jr story broke on Sunday and we're seeing the increasing iterations on it all week and the whole White House is scrambling to cover their tracks and shuffle their lawyers and constantly contradicting themselves and getting their stories and arguments crossed up

It's like when an earthquake is coming and all the animals get agitated and scurry around and there's a flurry of activity and you know something big is about to pop.

Nothing at all is going to happen because the people with the power don't want anything to happen.

Every day people in this thread get optimistic about whatever today's scandal is; this will be the thing that brings Trump down!

Nothing is bringing Trump down. The Gilded Age is coming back, and the good guys lost. Sorry.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

yeah what matters is that frickin moustache

how did Jared hire Theodore Roosevelt from the Smithsonian

what was he doing overnight in the Smithsonian :thunk:

Apr 7, 2003

peeonwe posted:

i already read all those books

They're good books.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Joementum posted:

i love how trump clearly has no idea what's going on

https://twitter.com/Simon_Cullen/status/885822181829160960

You know what, maybe 2017 isn't so terrible after all

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Joementum posted:

via @cafedotcom

Wall

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

SKULL.GIF posted:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Citizen Tayne posted:

quoting this to find this later

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
pittsburgh is a cool city all the lovely people leave and move out to the suburbs

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/RLongennamer/status/885945476419391490

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

fits my needs posted:

Holy poo poo, there are less than 7,000 black people in Vermont? lmfao!

Normally I'd wait for Joe to make the traditional joke about how actually we're very diverse because of French Canadian migration back during the 19th century, but instead I will simply cop to my state being exceedingly white (and empty).

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lol

Apr 7, 2003

Weeping Wound posted:

quoting this to find this later

Keith Bradsher was a columnist for a Detroit area newspaper at one point. He wrote an article about how the Chevrolet Suburban being sold then (mid nineties) was horribly unsafe. A nice polite suburban detroit mom wrote him a letter telling him that he should be killed.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
kushner gonna represent himself and be found guilty for having the nerdiest voice

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

bump_fn posted:

pittsburgh is a cool city all the lovely people leave and move out to the suburbs

just met up with a Seattle friend who moved there for a job and he disagrees. apparently Pittsburg sucks dong

Apr 7, 2003

bump_fn posted:

Pittsburgh rocks!

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Normally I'd wait for Joe to make the traditional joke about how actually we're very diverse because of French Canadian migration back during the 19th century, but instead I will simply cop to my state being exceedingly white (and empty).

Maine is beating y'all with just under 16,000 lol.

Maine!

Apr 7, 2003

Junkyard Poodle posted:

just met up with a Seattle friend who moved there for a job and he disagrees. apparently Pittsburg sucks dong

Pittsburg, CA bills itself as the Manhattan of the West Coast. It is not to be confused with San Francisco, the Pittsburgh of the West Coast.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Citizen Tayne posted:

Nothing at all is going to happen because the people with the power don't want anything to happen.

Every day people in this thread get optimistic about whatever today's scandal is; this will be the thing that brings Trump down!

Nothing is bringing Trump down. The Gilded Age is coming back, and the good guys lost. Sorry.

Contrarianism is a disease, Pittsburgh sucks, and your gimmick sucks.

There is no one single thing except possibly the piss tape that will by itself bring Trump down, but all the stuff we've been cataloging for the past several months do matter.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

bump_fn posted:

doesn't aatrek live there

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oprvJb8G_1k

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

SKULL.GIF posted:

HAHAHAH

that loving mustache. How is everyone involved with this a loving cartoon character? how can even the smallest detail be so hosed up? Every goddamn day, every loving day there's another big thing and a cloud of little things, any one of which would be absurd by itself

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/885910928562298880
https://twitter.com/davidcrosss/status/885945299432329218

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

oh my gently caress do I hate twitter

its a pain in the dick to figure out what the gently caress they are talking about because they'd rather spread it out into 30 tweets instead of using twitlonger

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

peeonwe posted:

fukken lol

fallen apart in they haands

tiny hands aren't good at holding things together

:sad:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Junkyard Poodle posted:

Well it's hard to live up to this

https://twitter.com/FoxBusiness/status/885197091697336320

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

zen death robot posted:

I'm gonna wordfilter Pittsburgh to Shittsburgh

word filter my dick

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Junkyard Poodle posted:

walking across the sixth street bridge and then seeing the roberto clemente statue before going to a baseball game

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

The Glumslinger posted:

I'm starting to feel like Putin decided that Trump is too incompetent to get the sanctions lifted, so he is just gonna start letting his agents start to burn him

every day we're talking about the trump team's latest bout of incompetence is a day we're not talking about Syria or Ukraine or sanctioning Russian oligarchs

Putin doesn't need a president who's actively helping Russia. as long as the US government is too busy engaging in ~extreme handshakes~ with our allies to have a coherent foreign policy presence, Russia has plenty of room to pursue their own interests without fear of interference

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Citizen Tayne posted:

Pittsburgh rocks!

That's not the song!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ3plaSowWc

• Locked thread