Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

a star war betamax posted:

Good grief are you people incapable of stopping yourselves from typing out lengthy summaries of cartoon book movies

First your hands go purple.... Then the summaries begin....

FrensaGeran posted:

My buddy suggested Jonathan Banks as Old Batman in a live action Batman Beyond series and it was such a great idea I sucked his dick right then and there

I always agree with sucking dick!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

a star war betamax posted:

I got a rad escapist fantasy for gen xers..... It involves a pistol and one bullet

gen xers are worse than baby boomers and millenials combined. Just a bunch of losers.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Star posted:

gen xers are worse than baby boomers and millenials combined. Just a bunch of losers.

RLM are the living embodiment of the smug, detached Gen-X ethos.
I'd venture to guess none of them has felt a single sincere conviction about anything since childhood. They exist as polyps upon the colon of culture, satiating themselves on the perceived failures of others (i.e. "The Man") while adding nothing new to the discourse aside from ironic complaint.
They're a group of insecure, lost, rapidly aging burnouts who silently believe they could do a better job of making films than the professionals in the industry. Yet they lack the ambition and ability to actually enter the very industry they're obsessed with. They choose instead to gently caress around and make student film piss-takes well into middle age.
They are awful, awful people. I've met thousands just like them, and the last thing we need is for these people to gain any attention for their navel gazing.
Please, goons do not aspire to become anything like these people. Theirs is a lonely and pathetic road leading to depression and a life devoid of real purpose.
I hope they disappear and their disaffected followers stop subsidizing their lifestyle. Perhaps that would force them to do something productive with themselves.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Shut up, Yug.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

WampaLord posted:

Shut up, Yug.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Shinjobi posted:

Hey old man, Ultimate Spider-Man came out in the 00s. Time to re-educate yourself, grandpa.:c00lbert:

Ha I actually have a bunch of ultimate Spider-Man comics cuz those came out when I was a teenager.

I get it, Spider-Man is forever a child now. I just wish they would actually make a new character like Miles Morales rather than have 40 different versions of Peter Parker that keep getting younger.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

100% agree about "Gen-X" but I enjoy these fellows. Also how old are those guys anyways? They seem to be my age which is that weird gray area overlap between gen-x and millennial and holy gently caress labeling generations gets stupid.
Colin from Canada is the oldest, at 40. The rest are mid-late 30's.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

a bone to pick posted:

Ha I actually have a bunch of ultimate Spider-Man comics cuz those came out when I was a teenager.

I get it, Spider-Man is forever a child now. I just wish they would actually make a new character like Miles Morales rather than have 40 different versions of Peter Parker that keep getting younger.

....you're alright. More Miles, :agreed:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Baronjutter posted:

100% agree about "Gen-X" but I enjoy these fellows. Also how old are those guys anyways? They seem to be my age which is that weird gray area overlap between gen-x and millennial and holy gently caress labeling generations gets stupid.

To be a Millennial you have to be born between 1982 and 2000. Anything before 82 is Gen X.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

WampaLord posted:

Shut up, Yug.

My "review" of Reddit Letter Media

Rich
>an unemployed construction worker, the trick monkey fraud of the group. knows two tricks: forced laughter and becoming violent. brava, rich! brava!

Jack
>a failed viral marketer with an ugly wife and children with terrible names ('myson packard?'). he knows he's the least popular cast member and desperately tries to fit in by making fun of reddit on stream

Mike
>an over-the-hill "director" weighed down by his talentless friends. only makes "ironically bad" videos because they're immune to criticism. his latest production 'Space Cop' will expose him as a fraud and be a spiritual and economic disaster. he will eventually go the route of orson welles, balloon up to 500 pounds and die at the ripe age of 50.

Jay
>the only cast member showing any self-improvement or growth. still has a long way to go, but has already outgrown RLM.

I like how Reddit Letter Media is a company founded upon criticism, insulting and berating others and their works, but HEAVEN FORBID that anyone criticize them! They'll even ban you from their stream if they catch a whiff of dissatisfaction. It's amazing how creatively lazy the group has become. They were better when they were a starving group. Now they can sit on their fat asses, drink beer and make fart jokes while you throw money at the screen. Amazing.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

WampaLord posted:

To be a Millennial you have to be born between 1982 and 2000. Anything before 82 is Gen X.

Actually you'll find we're the "oregon trail generation" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oregon_Trail_Generation

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Baronjutter posted:

Actually you'll find we're the "oregon trail generation" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oregon_Trail_Generation

Huh, I learned something today! :eng101:

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

WampaLord posted:

Shut up, Yug.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

a bone to pick posted:

Zac Snyder's Superman is the best and most accurate on-screen Superman in history.

yeah except the opposite.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up
It sucks being the sole self-aware person who doesn't give into the "times"

It's a heavy burden not being part of the crowd, the lone witness to my generation's shortcomings :sigh:

Truly I am as Homer

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
This is boring and Spider-Man is boring. Let's watch SOS again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceUSZBMeREY

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Which one had the Shoji Tabuchi show? SOS is probably the best thing they've ever watched, but the reveals of Shoji Tabuchi himself is still one of my favorite BOTW moments.

e: Ends up it was the episode just before the SOS one. Nice.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Baronjutter posted:

Rich has stated that he is "Closer to 40 than he is to 30" and also that he's the oldest of the bunch. That may be a trick though, strictly speaking, 47 is closer to 40 than it is to 30.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
This was me after watching the new Spider-Man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eawYBbP6zfs

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

SpacePig posted:

Which one had the Shoji Tabuchi show? SOS is probably the best thing they've ever watched, but the reveals of Shoji Tabuchi himself is still one of my favorite BOTW moments.

loving :agreed: so hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqaQ6oivM2U

Jessie's delighted scream is :discourse:

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

a bone to pick posted:

A perfectly reasonable response to listening to Josh talk so excitedly about whatever heist movie he's talking about.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

a bone to pick posted:

:same: except I haven't seen the new Spider-Man and that's me every day.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

counterfeitsaint posted:

A perfectly reasonable response to listening to Josh talk so excitedly about whatever heist movie he's talking about.

Rich's knowing nod

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

It's amazing how many of the best RLM moments have josh talking in the background, either pissed they aren't listening to him or desperately trying to butt into or ruin the moment.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4RsfhKgxFk
Thomas Wiseau manhandling Jay

Rotacixe
Oct 21, 2008

WampaLord posted:

loving :agreed: so hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqaQ6oivM2U

Jessie's delighted scream is :discourse:

https://youtu.be/uqaQ6oivM2U?t=1m

What in the world is that laugh.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

trigger warning: sudden Josh giggling like a loving rear end in a top hat

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

This is beautiful, Tommy loved Jay

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Rotacixe posted:

https://youtu.be/uqaQ6oivM2U?t=1m

What in the world is that laugh.

Banshee laugh. Feel bad for Mike she ran off with that band member.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I just accidentally clicked a link that took me to CD

:yikes:

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

the good fax machine posted:

I'm sorry to tell you this, but you're irreversibly contaminated. Please submit a 10,000 word essay on why Marvel's Ant-Man is the Citizen Kane of the 21st century to receive your euthanasia shot.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Yug posted:

Feel bad for Mike she ran off with that band member.

Wait, what?

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Jessie left Mike for a dude in a band with a ripped bod and bigger dick. Now Mike's pathetic little dicklet is massaged at night only by his own purple hands.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

the good fax machine posted:

I scanned a random thread and almost immediately came across a link to Garden State :lol:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Rich, no! You're not supposed to call them Orientals anymore!

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Don't engage Yug you idiot.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

counterfeitsaint posted:

Don't engage Yug you idiot.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Pretty sure they talked about it on pre rec. It created a real rift in the group, you can see right around when jessie left there was a big dip in quality of their material but they seem to have bounced back in that regard. Mike is getting more bloated and more alcoholic and distant from the rest of the group though.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I'm going to Bing this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
From what I recall Rich has mentioned that Jessi is around but not on camera (very carefully not using her name) and given that the mail still gets picked up I am p sure she still is at rlm she just hates us all.

• Locked thread