Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
Malkin is good but he's been a little injury prone the last couple seasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I feel like a retard now for forgetting about that ugly dope.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Benn is best pick. He had a really down year with injuries and the team around him falling apart but he's still only one removed from a scoring title. He's youngish and signed to a lot for a lot of years but his value should hold well into his 30s and he only looks better as the cap goes (hopefully) up. Like everyone here I plan in putting together a young team with a few veteran cornerstones and there were none better on that board to lead a young offence (okay, maybe Malkin but his knees are due to blow up again any day now).

Benn brings looks, talent, leadership, and the rare ability to just pick up a mediocre team and drag them beyond their abilities. He might shy away from warming you up before putting it in, but he'll do it at or around 40 times a season for years to come.

He's a bit hidden in Dallas, so I'm not too surprised he fell to me, but absolutely elated I could snag him at 24. If he was off the board I'd go in a different direction and have been forced to pick a different kind of team.

Welcome to Dallas, Jamie. I don't care what people say, I think your hair looks great.

E: spreadsheet isn't updating on my phone for some reason. I'll add the details when I get home tonight.

Cocaine Bear fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jul 14, 2017

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Lol if you took a winger just lol

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Lol if you took a winger just lol

The following is a list of successful teams built around a winger:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

-Real Madrid

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Yeah, unless you got EK as your first round D selection you really shouldn't be throwing stones.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
vancouver takes nick backstrom

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
A retired goalie. Bold move.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
the last two picks make me realllly regret getting pick #31. I hate myself and will hate my two picks and I want to die

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

stab posted:

the last two picks make me realllly regret getting pick #31. I hate myself and will hate my two picks and I want to die

In true Bergevin fashion your picks will be Alexei Emelin and Andrew Shaw, right?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

JoelJoel posted:

Yeah, unless you got EK as your first round D selection you really shouldn't be throwing stones.

cmon 1d>1w with a few exceptions

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Verviticus posted:

vancouver takes nick backstrom

This also a huge steal

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Jonathan Fisk posted:

cmon 1d>1w with a few exceptions

I know I stole your pick because you slept in, but you don't gotta be so sour about it.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Jonathan Fisk posted:

This also a huge steal

amazing contract too, didnt realize how cheap he was and no oldman years

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

JoelJoel posted:

I know I stole your pick because you slept in, but you don't gotta be so sour about it.

Josi is p great but I had DD ahead

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Jonathan Fisk posted:

This also a huge steal

yup basically had those last two picks hadn't happened they would have been mine and I wouldn't have to draft a center until like round 20

instead im going to draft trash and regret it

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

stab posted:

yup basically had those last two picks hadn't happened they would have been mine and I wouldn't have to draft a center until like round 20

instead im going to draft trash and regret it

one of them would have been mine first, but i also am now going to regret my first two picks

My top line last year was Marchand - Tavares - Kucherov, both Tavares and Kucherov are gone before I have my first pick this year

so let me get the third member of that crew and lock up Brad Marchand for another fake year

Some people doubted the legitimacy of his huge year two seasons ago where he scored 37 goals and he followed it up this year with 39 goals and 85 points while being a fancy stat god again

I feel like he wouldn't survive to the third round again this time so I'll roll with him as my first pick

stab is up 2x

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Iodised QQ posted:

one of them would have been mine first, but i also am now going to regret my first two picks

My top line last year was Marchand - Tavares - Kucherov, both Tavares and Kucherov are gone before I have my first pick this year

so let me get the third member of that crew and lock up Brad Marchand for another fake year

Some people doubted the legitimacy of his huge year two seasons ago where he scored 37 goals and he followed it up this year with 39 goals and 85 points while being a fancy stat god again

I feel like he wouldn't survive to the third round again this time so I'll roll with him as my first pick

stab is up 2x

OH YOU MOTHERFUCKER

three picks in a row, it's my ranked 1-2-3 lol

so time for me to regret my dual picks now ffs

ill take some crap

Aleksander Barkov
David Pastrnak

gently caress my life

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
it's way too early for this type of whining

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I was really hoping Barkov would drop smh

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

stab posted:

OH YOU MOTHERFUCKER

nice

it's not like I want you to suffer or anything, but I'm glad I could pay forward my suffering this draft to someone else

I'll take Ryan Getzlaf here because I want a legit 1C and even though he's old, there's no chance he lasts 60+ picks to get back to me and the 1Cs are starting to dry up

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

stab posted:

OH YOU MOTHERFUCKER

so time for me to regret my dual picks now ffs

ill take some crap

Aleksander Barkov
David Pastrnak

gently caress my life

Lol, calm the gently caress down. These are fine picks.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

gonna take patrice bergeron and just set myself for life down the middle. similar contract to backstrom too!

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

Verviticus posted:

gonna take patrice bergeron and just set myself for life down the middle. similar contract to backstrom too!

Bergeron and Backstrom were my 1 & 2 choices and I could kill you right now.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
exxon left me three guys for his last pick. one is still available but im gonna sit on it since that was last round and im not sure if he wants to build that way or go another route.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Pastrnak/Barkov is nice I like it

stab
Feb 12, 2003

corn on the cop posted:

it's way too early for this type of whining

Thats what you all get for not leaving me mon beau Carey

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
barkov+pastrnak is in no way a bad combo to start out

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

corn on the cop posted:

exxon left me three guys for his last pick. one is still available but im gonna sit on it since that was last round and im not sure if he wants to build that way or go another route.

Thanks buddy. I am going to think about it briefly as I awaken much too early on a Saturday morning for fake hockey drafting.

Precambrian Video Games fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jul 15, 2017

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Wat?

Anyway, you're skipped.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I'm going to take Oliver Ekman-Larsson in the hopes that he will rebound next season with the Coyotes possibly being slightly less poo poo and maybe playing with Hjalmarsson or something.

Also I took Evgeni Malkin in the first round because I think there's an outside chance that he might continue to be a top 30 player in the NHL over the next few years.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Neat.

Habibi's turn runs until 9:38 EST.

Lazerwolf next.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Sorry for the late pick, but I'll take Kuznetsov as my first round pick. Looked like he was still open on the spreadsheet. Started inventory at work yesterday so was drained.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

So we're still waiting on Arabian Jesus and Habibi (x2) to pick. Fun.

Also lazerwolf has until 11:38 AM EST tomorrow. Maybe he'll steal Yaya's pick too. :v:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
ay yo whoever wrote noseface killah in marchand's notes is my fuckin hero

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
Let's kick this off.

Minnesota Wild select Artemi Panarin

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
Sorry I'm late guys; life, work, etc..

I'm having all sorts of trouble bringing the spreadsheet up on my phone right now, but with all of my early forward picks off the board, give me Josi and Werenski if they're still available.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Only werenski is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Habibi posted:

Sorry I'm late guys; life, work, etc..

I'm having all sorts of trouble bringing the spreadsheet up on my phone right now, but with all of my early forward picks off the board, give me Josi and Werenski if they're still available.

Werenski is. Josi isn't - a lot of you folks are high on that guy for some reason. His suppression stats are pretty garbage.

• Locked thread