Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

I, Dansar Rabb Al'Ustul, am proposing the MANUFACTURING WAT IT DO Act: Build manufactories and workshops in every province in the Sevilla trade node you can. Tear down buildings if you need to.

Manufacturies are so good that even a 1 production province(everything in Iberia has at least 2) with a 2 trade value trade good(lowest base possible) should end up making us a profit within 125 years.

Dance Officer fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jul 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons... for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Frionnel posted:

Proposing the Bill of Rights Act:
The Sultan is to put an end to our constant rebellion problem by adopting Humanist ideas.

I'll concur with this. If we manage to push the French out of Iberia and put a stop to the periodic revolts, then we can focus all our energy on the New World, beating up Morocco, or whatever else we want.

I assume if we fortify the Pyrenees later on, it will be harder for France to invade.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!
Since advocates for Humanism are beginning to spring up, here's what the government tab currently looks like:

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever

Soup du Jour posted:

Well, since some variant on "gently caress to France" is going to be one of our proposals, I propose the Great Wall of the Pyrenees Act. Adopt Defensive Ideas, and once France holds no land in Iberia, construct the most advanced forts we can on our new and permanent borders with them.

Supported. The best offense is a good defense.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
Yes, fortifying the Pyrenees would go a long way into helping us defend against France.

But first we need to not be attacked from inside, which is why we need humanism! Taifas, support my act for a stronger Andalus!

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012

Frionnel posted:

The Sultan is to put an end to our constant rebellion problem by adopting Humanist ideas.

I, Lutfi al-Uthman of the New Taifas, support this suggestion! I'd also like it if we were to add the Leonese and Catalans to our list of protected Dhimmi, but really I'll be supporting Humanism either way.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

the forts are part of the war package so you can just vote for Humanism

it's unlikely that we'd have the provinces to put them in before the end of next session anyway

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Policies at the moment:

Rodyle posted:

gently caress Em, They're French:
1) THOU ART THEE STICK OUR BOYS IN THE PYRENEES DO IT DO IT DO IT
2) All spending, research, and building rights granted to fulfil point 1
3)Do this: Crush France still occupying most of the country, then just hang out on it letting revolt risk rack up and manpower crater while you loot them for 5 years, then finally signing the peace and letting rebels split them into 15 mini-nations.
4)When peace is made, take as much Iberian French territory as possible, possibly throwing some to Castile so we can beat it out of them later.
5) Build fortresses all along the Pyrenees

Rodyle, Technowolf.

Soup du Jour posted:

I propose the Great Wall of the Pyrenees Act. Adopt Defensive Ideas, and once France holds no land in Iberia, construct the most advanced forts we can on our new and permanent borders with them.

Soup du Jour, Mountaineer.

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Drawn Sword Act! This act requires the adoption of Offensive Ideas, continuing to expand and advance the army, and once the war with France is won, the seizure of Tangiers and as much of Morocco's Caribbean empire as we can take.

Lord Cyrahzax.

Frionnel posted:

Frionnel, The Bold Kobold, Wyvernil, Luhood.

Ralepozozaxe posted:

I, Ralepozozaxe, The Dalai Ullama, propose the More of the Same, With a Side of gently caress You France Act. Keep converting provinces, starting with recently conquered provinces first, with an emphasis on ones we take from France. Now is the time to show those perfidious French what the real religion of Iberia is.

Ralepozozaxe.

AJ_Impy posted:

Revolting Dhimmi Get Converted Act: Any province that looks to false beliefs for protection rather than Allah or the Sultan, any province taken from a foreign power now or historically, in particular those in the north of Al-Andalus or the south of France, which do not cling to the true faith, convert them. No excuses or vacillation. la ilaha illa'llah Muhammadun rasul Allah or bust.

AJ_Impy.

Erwin the German posted:

I propose the Deus- er, Allah Vult Act. Make Religious our fourth national idea! (If that can't be a proposal, then Revolting Dhimmi Get Converted Act)

Erwin the German.

Crazycryodude posted:

Proposing the Made in al-Andalus Act:
Make every effort to build manufactories in any provinces with 20 development or greater. If there are no remaining provinces with >20 development, begin to develop provinces up to 20 as cheaply as possible and build more manufactories.

Crazycryodude.

Dance Officer posted:

I, Dansar Rabb Al'Ustul, am proposing the MANUFACTURING WAT IT DO Act: Build manufactories and workshops in every province in the Sevilla trade node you can. Tear down buildings if you need to.
Manufacturies are so good that even a 1 production province(everything in Iberia has at least 2) with a 2 trade value trade good(lowest base possible) should end up making us a profit within 125 years.

Dance Officer.

none.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Dance Officer do you just wanna merge our proposals? I'll settle for one guaranteed manufactory in a 20+ province, and let the rest fall where they may.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Frionnel posted:

I support this proposal!

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Rodyle posted:

gently caress Em, They're French

1) THOU ART THEE STICK OUR BOYS IN THE PYRENEES DO IT DO IT DO IT
2) All spending, research, and building rights granted to fulfil point 1
3)Do this:

4)When peace is made, take as much Iberian French territory as possible, possibly throwing some to Castile so we can beat it out of them later.
5) Build fortresses all along the Pyrenees

Supporting this

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

Crazycryodude posted:

Dance Officer do you just wanna merge our proposals? I'll settle for one guaranteed manufactory in a 20+ province, and let the rest fall where they may.

Sure.

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever

Rodyle posted:

the forts are part of the war package so you can just vote for Humanism

it's unlikely that we'd have the provinces to put them in before the end of next session anyway

I don't want us to take Humanism, though.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Erwin the German posted:

Indeed!

Which is why I propose the Deus- er, Allah Vult Act. Make Religious our fourth national idea! (If that can't be a proposal, then Revolting Dhimmi Get Converted Act)

Why not both? Appending this to the RDGCA.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Crazycryodude posted:

Proposing the Made in al-Andalus Act.

Make every effort to build manufactories in any provinces with 20 development or greater. If there are no remaining provinces with >20 development, begin to develop provinces up to 20 as cheaply as possible and build more manufactories.

Supporting

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

AJ_Impy posted:

Why not both? Appending this to the RDGCA.

And I append mine to Aj_impy's, seeing as it's pretty dang similar. Ulema Unity!

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

So, what happens if multiple factions pass bills to choose national ideas?

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Crazycryodude posted:

Supporting this.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Rodyle posted:

Since it looks like Humanism is doing pretty well, I'm going to throw in with this. gently caress the French.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Frionnel posted:

So, what happens if multiple factions pass bills to choose national ideas?

Depends. Ordinarily, the largest faction would force their policy through sheer numbers, with the sultan siding with them to try and keep the Majlis on his good side. Our current sultan is very interventionist and ambitious, however, so he'll likely take advantage of any division within the Majlis. One thing not really used yet, but has been available since the beginning of the game, is that the sultan has a special veto he can use, so there's that. His personality will play a major part in coming updates, assuming nothing goes awry.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Frionnel posted:

Nevermind i was wrong then!

Agreed.

I support this act!

All who dwell in the borders of our glorious Sultanate should think of themselves first and foremost as Andalusians!

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Crazycryodude posted:

supporting this.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

I'm sure our noble Sultan, who has already shown kindness to the dhimmi, will see the value of an Al-Andalus united as one in his support, and not divided and weak, if he is to pursue his righteous ambitions.

Frionnel fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jul 14, 2017

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Crazycryodude posted:

I support this proposal or any variation it turns into.

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:3
Getting behind the Ulama unity bill.

Yessod
Mar 21, 2007

Rodyle posted:

Supporting this.

I'm kinda meh on taking territory in this war, we should probably spend as much warscore as we can loving them as badly as we can before we bother taking territory. Like they've got a big chunk of reformist territory in the west - if we can split them into factions divided by religion they'll spend all their time fighting each other. Or if we can split off their colonies so they no longer get income with which to rebuild their army. That kind of thing will go much father towards beating them in the next war than a couple of provinces, even they Pyrenees.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Yeah imo the priority should be:
1) Borders at the Pyrenees
2) Liberate colonies (it's probably cheaper to liberate them now and conquer in a decade, if it's cheaper to just take them now do that instead but I highly doubt it is)
3) Splitting off states like Brittany and their Low Countries conquests/giving land to Provence/similar
4) Actually taking French land for ourselves

We've got more than enough bullshit to deal with on our side of the mountains, the last thing we want is more of the same except 3 times as rebellious.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Crazycryodude posted:

2) Liberate colonies (it's probably cheaper to liberate them now and conquer in a decade, if it's cheaper to just take them now do that instead)
3) Splitting off states like Brittany and their Low Countries conquests/giving land to Provence/similar

We've got more than enough bullshit to deal with on our side of the mountains, the last thing we want is more of the same except 3 times as rebellious.

This is how I feel as well.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
E: I support the Ulama unity bill with as many of the amendments as possible.

Snipee fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jul 15, 2017

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Rodyle posted:

Let's do this. :killdozer:

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Crazycryodude posted:

2) Liberate colonies (it's probably cheaper to liberate them now and conquer in a decade, if it's cheaper to just take them now do that instead but I highly doubt it is)

The war proposal only talks about taking iberian french land, which conforms to your stated first priority, so i'm not sure what's your point.

Yessod posted:

Supporting this.

I'm kinda meh on taking territory in this war, we should probably spend as much warscore as we can loving them as badly as we can before we bother taking territory. Like they've got a big chunk of reformist territory in the west - if we can split them into factions divided by religion they'll spend all their time fighting each other. Or if we can split off their colonies so they no longer get income with which to rebuild their army. That kind of thing will go much father towards beating them in the next war than a couple of provinces, even they Pyrenees.

The thing is, liberated nations are very fragile at first, which would mean they'd be defenseless if they can't secure big alliances. If France ever gets their poo poo together, they'll annex them and set us back to square one. Meanwhile taking territory actually directly makes us stronger in detriment of our enemy.

Frionnel fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Jul 15, 2017

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

I coulda sworn it didn't originally, maybe I'm just blind. Really, I was just using the opportunity of someone saying something similar to chime in with agreement.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Frionnel posted:

The war proposal only talks about taking iberian french land, which conforms to your stated first priority, so i'm not sure what's your point.

The thing is, liberated nations are very fragile at first, which would mean they'd be defenseless if they can't secure big alliances. If France ever gets their poo poo together, they'll annex them and set us back to square one. Meanwhile taking territory actually directly makes us stronger in detriment of our enemy.

Lets not forget that in the last war we had France end vassalage of Castile, only for them to revassalize them once their truce was up. Plus, we don't know if France is made up of revolter states like berry and Gascogne in this timeline, we do know Brittany and maybe some dudes up in the Dutch region. We would still be driving up their devastation whether they were independence rebels or not, so it will still gently caress France, which is what every faction has wants.

Aeromancia
Jul 23, 2013

quote:

Supporting this. Let's make sure we get the revolt risk taken care of. Less revolts mean more manpower/less internal stuff to worry about.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012

Erwin the German posted:

Indeed!

Which is why I propose the Deus- er, Allah Vult Act. Make Religious our fourth national idea! (If that can't be a proposal, then Revolting Dhimmi Get Converted Act)

I, Chatrapati of the Ulema, support this proposal. A strong religious foundation for the future will help not only our brothers in Iberia, but save the souls of the pagans in the far West who are increasingly becoming part of Al-Andalus.

Chatrapati fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Jul 15, 2017

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Erwin the German posted:

Indeed!

This gets my support

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:3
I would ask my fellow Ulama to throw their support behind the amended Revolting Dhimmi Get Converted Act, which has been modified to add the qualifier that we shall also make Religious our fourth national idea.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Erwin the German posted:

I would ask my fellow Ulama to throw their support behind the amended Revolting Dhimmi Get Converted Act, which has been modified to add the qualifier that we shall also make Religious our fourth national idea.

A vote for the D-er, AVA is a vote for the RDGCA.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

AJ_Impy posted:

A vote for the D-er, AVA is a vote for the RDGCA.

My proposal has also been added to theirs, as have the votes for it.

In a sense, the Deus-er, Allah ReVulting Dhimmi Get Converted, with a Side of gently caress France Act hold the onions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
Are the loyalists allowed to make propositions? If we are, I propose:

Good Christian Act: No conversion of Christian provinces that are unlikely to revolt.