Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

its very convenient

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Powaqoatse posted:

oh poo poo sorry yeah, that was my point, i forgot to say. funnels/whatevers enabling biological women to stand up and piss are probably older than history

GO, GIRL!

(alternatively, just loving squat down like most of the world jfc ladies)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

oh this isn't the AUG thread--

Brass Key
Sep 15, 2007

Attention! Something tremendous has happened!

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

GO, GIRL!

(alternatively, just loving squat down like most of the world jfc ladies)

I mostly see these being marketed for concert-goers and stuff where the toilets are all filth-encrusted hellholes, which makes perfect sense to me. Nobody wants to park their rear end on a portapotty if they can help it.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Toast Museum posted:

Some of the disposable ones are in fact cardboard.

I suppose there's a plastic lining like in milk cartons otherwise it sounds like a terrible idea.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Kuiperdolin posted:

I suppose there's a plastic lining like in milk cartons otherwise it sounds like a terrible idea.

yea it's some kinda treated cardboard obvs.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Toast Museum posted:

There are several commercial products for just that purpose. Some of the disposable ones are in fact cardboard. Obviously they don't look remotely like penises, but lol at that author feeling threatened by cardboard funnels.

some of them look like penises because that's the point of them (so trans men can use the urinals without getting outed, which is dangerous) but yeah the cardboard ones aren't willy-shaped

they all, universally, have stupid names ftr ("she-wee" and "go-girl" for women, "pee-cock" and "man-go" for dudes....)

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

personally im waiting for the commercial cloaca so i can pee and poo at the same time, but easly

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Powaqoatse posted:

commercial cloaca

Great username spotted.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

InediblePenguin posted:

they all, universally, have stupid names ftr ("she-wee" and "go-girl" for women, "pee-cock" and "man-go" for dudes....)

I always liked "The Stadium Pal."

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Re-ascendant Aztecs. Looks like the author read Shadowrun, or at least the Wikipedia article when drunk, and didn't stop to think for two seconds where Hispanics actually came from.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Inescapable Duck posted:

Re-ascendant Aztecs. Looks like the author read Shadowrun, or at least the Wikipedia article when drunk, and didn't stop to think for two seconds where Hispanics actually came from.

Spain?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

the roman colony of Hispania, obviously

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

.President Warner noted that the naval blockade would be difficult politically, because of probable Russian reaction. Otherwise, he seemed ready to approve the plan. But his Secretary of Defense wanted to say something.

She had represented Harlem in Congress, and after her defeat by a Black Muslim candidate the administration had given her the defense job to maintain her visibility; she was one of its biggest supporters in the black community. The 42nd Division was her baby – in fact, she had carried several of its babies, until the abortionist had restored her shapely figure – and she wanted it to have its chance to shine.

“Mr. President,” said the Honorable Kateesha Mowukuu, “I am the only black woman at this table. We have heard what these white men have to say. I would remind you that in this war, white men are our enemy. Now you will hear what a black woman has to say, and I expect all of you to listen with respect.”

“Black people have been the only warriors in history. White men can’t fight. It’s because their noses are too small. Courage comes from the nose, not the heart, as the African spiritual healers you call witch doctors have long understood. That’s why black people eat their snot. What do you white folk do with your snot? You wrap it up in a little white surrender flag and put it in your pocket. So you don’t have no courage.

...Gunpowder was invented by ancient Zimbabwean scientists, who made it from elephant poo poo. You ever hear an elephant fart? Black scientists knew there had to be some juju behind that.”

All of America’s military heroes were black people. Washington was a black man. We know that because he came from Washington, D.C., which is a black city. General U.S. Grant had a black grandmother, and so did Robert E. Lee. In fact, it was the same black woman, which is why they looked so much alike. Eisenhower is really a black name, and General George Patton got his pearl-handled revolvers from his black grand-daddy, who took them off Simon Legree.”

This racist white-boy society of yours has dissed black men big-time. You’ve throw’d ‘em in jails and cut off their tails. You’ve put AIDS in their veins and cocaine in their brains. You’ve made black mean slack and crack, Jack, and we ain’t gonna take it no more.”

And now the black warriors of our black 42nd Division, which I will rename the 1st Division, will teach these Yankee racist, sexist, crackers what happens when they mess with black people,” Ms. Mowukuu concluded. “And they don’t need no help from nobody.”

this is a believable extract from a social sciences paper

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

im fascinated by lovely authors being so racist that their strawmen are racists too.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Powaqoatse posted:

im fascinated by lovely authors being so racist that their strawmen are racists too.

strawman is a racist term for the Amish

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Cumslut1895 posted:

no u

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Cumslut1895 posted:

im gonna propose 'barn lifter'

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
Button-hater?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Barn lifter does make sense, but that's also a ton of hard work. I wouldthink if you're going to mock them for something, it wouldn't be for something extremely difficult and that gives them the physical strength to kick the poo poo out of you.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
That book is so stuffed with straw that I'm amazed two-ton hay bales don't come exploding out of it the second you open it (or bring it up on the Kindle, or whatever).

It's the strangest kind of writing; it somehow combines delusional fear with self-indulgence. It's like he's gnawing at his nails with one hand while furiously masturbating with the other.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I like how he seems to think picking your nose and eating it is a race-bound behavior, not a standard part of the Gross Person Arsenal. This dude has never been on public transport.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Cumslut1895 posted:

Amnotish.

SerialKilldeer
Apr 25, 2014

Antivehicular posted:

I like how he seems to think picking your nose and eating it is a race-bound behavior, not a standard part of the Gross Person Arsenal. This dude has never been on public transport.

That confused me, too. Is "black people pick their noses" a stereotype I haven't heard of?

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Barudak posted:

So what happened? It sounds a lot like The Slap so far which was a major event in Australian Television im led to believe but died after like 2 episodes in the US because nobody gave a poo poo about slapping a kid.

The whole book kinda teases that one of the characters' kid dies but it turns out they just fell in a pool and are totally fine.

It's just awful for the sake of being awful. It's several hundred pages of an author really trying to avoid telling you things that all the characters already know in increasingly artificial ways.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

SerialKilldeer posted:

That confused me, too. Is "black people pick their noses" a stereotype I haven't heard of?

It's not. Hell, pretty much every nose-picking kid in media is white.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

SerialKilldeer posted:

I assume it's 'six degrees of racism' following from the old joke:

Why do gorillas have big noses?
Because they have big fingers.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/juliaccarpenter/status/888470428976599041

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Every time a female urethra opens up:

thall shalt not pee
fore thy solve my riddles three

and they're like gently caress JUST GIVE ME THE MAZE AND A CRAYON

Barudak
May 7, 2007

food court bailiff posted:

The whole book kinda teases that one of the characters' kid dies but it turns out they just fell in a pool and are totally fine.

It's just awful for the sake of being awful. It's several hundred pages of an author really trying to avoid telling you things that all the characters already know in increasingly artificial ways.

Thats incredible and even more pathetically dull than I was imagining it would be.

Please lie to me and say this is self published outsider art.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Supposedly it's John Updike.

Check out the replies though. So many burns.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

just googled, its the witches of eastwick

it seems to be his idiotic attempt at writing a female character. like "what would a woman think about pissing while she is pissing? hmm she would probably be jealous of men pissing. those are the all-consuming thoughts of her. that seems reasonable."

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

also just for posterity

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Powaqoatse posted:

also just for posterity

Well this sentence is going to inform all my future pees from here on out

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Lol if you don't have heralds announce your pissing. I refuse to go into the bathroom if I don't hear trumpets first.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Genesis 3:16, "Unto the woman He said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee; and thy urination shall be as a labyrinth."

Brass Key
Sep 15, 2007

Attention! Something tremendous has happened!
I'm reminded of this absolutely wonderful typo.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Brass Key posted:

hahah oh wow goddamn that goes places you wouldnt expect

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

Brass Key posted:

dont kinkshame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

The host of I Dont Even Own A Television had something to say about this passage: It's an interesting thread if any of you guys are in the Party Pit on Facebook.

Sometimes I think people dig a little too hard to make the author into a shithead. Keep in mind, they read it and I didn't.