Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Creation question: is there anything specifically wrong with the default AI settings for created wrestlers? They seem to do fine in matches but I've seen threads that didn't like caws that didn't have AI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

Psychepath posted:

Creation question: is there anything specifically wrong with the default AI settings for created wrestlers? They seem to do fine in matches but I've seen threads that didn't like caws that didn't have AI.

Not really, it's just that they'll all play very similarly. The AI has things like the amount of circling/idle time, if they come after you outside of the ring, how much they want to beat your rear end vs winning, selling and what kind of moves they do depending on their damage.

If you're used to WWE games where all the wrestlers play the same it's no big deal really.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Call Me Charlie posted:

Can somebody tell me how to jump off the cage using a 360 controller? I can't figure it out.

It's going to be easier to do it from the top or bottom corner as opposed to the left or right. What you'll do is just climb up and point towards that corner, then you may need to hit X (or whatever you have mapped as medium attack). You SHOULD stand up on the cage, then you can hit X again to do the dive. Make drat sure that fucker is beat down before you do, because if you're doing that one mission, then he'll just get up and climb out of the cage.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

AlmightyPants posted:

Is there any word if Fire Pro is gonna be more expensive when it leaves early access or not? I'm tempted to try it out having not played one ever but I'm also hesitant to buy an early access game.
Pretty sure they've said they haven't set on an official release price but that EA will be cheaper.

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jul 14, 2017

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013
Finally fired it up, just to check out the move options for creations (since that's all I do.)

I'm going to need more tag team moves. Other than that, this looks fun.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
drat, they work quick on the patches nice

How do I upload my CAW to the Workshop? Feel like I'm missing something stupid here

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Just the bear essentials here:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198024990969/myworkshopfiles/?appid=564230

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

I should probably upload Chris Bearnoit

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Somebody tell Daniel Bryan

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Taintrunner posted:

Somebody tell Daniel Bryan

I think you mean, Daniel Bearyan.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
Someone made a dope Pac Man that just sprays poison mist on everyone. I love this game!

edit: this Colonel Sanders/Okada feud is really heating up

edit 2: eat poo poo pacfuck

That Dang Dad fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jul 15, 2017

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Is there a Fire Pro thread in the games forum or is it just us messing around?

On a tangental note: are the missions worth the effort beyond learning the game?

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

On a tangental note: are the missions worth the effort beyond learning the game?

You get some moves and edits points for CAW.

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

How do I upload my CAW to the Workshop? Feel like I'm missing something stupid here

It's something like Workshop -> Publish -> *click the CAWs you want to upload*

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Are there any championships in the game?

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

Davros1 posted:

Not that I can see, but it has a Create-a-belt tool that's available now

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Come onnnnnn complete save with full rosterssss so I don't have to do any work..

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

My highest match rating so far. HBK is cool and good

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

I set two CPUs on each other last night and got a 100% rating, Finn Balor vs. Brock Lesnar. Was actually a pretty dope match to watch!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Top 3 wrestlers in the world:
1. Shawn Michaels
2. A BEAR
3. Kazuchika Okada

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

There has to be a random character select

r-right?

ed: for normal matches not just battle royals

Fat Lowtax fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Jul 15, 2017

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Davros1 posted:

The create a title function is pretty good. You can create a singles/tag/6 man/8 man title belt with whatever weight restrictions and match rules associated with it, plus it does full title match tracking.

For extra fun you can put the titles on the line in league and torny modes to boot.

I would quite like an option though to have a briefcase instead of a belt for all my money in the bank/ G1 winner needs.

Octal
Jan 30, 2003

It is haram to draw images of mythical beasts even if it never existed in reality

oldskool posted:

The very first grappling tutorial tells you if you were late or early :confused:

Granted that's the only one that does & that kinda sucks because I'm awful at it

A few things to help: it's when the animation stops and also look for the feet and listen for the noise. When you hear that noise it's your cue to hit it. Be sure to watch the animation in tutorial 1 a few times, don't hit anything, just watch what is happening in that animation when it flashes and listen for what's happening. That might help you get it, but for me it's the sound and also watching their feet.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

What should I be doing during a test of strength?

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

Skinty McEdger posted:

Mashing.

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began

Skinty McEdger posted:

Mashing the DPad, specifically. I've found left<->right works best for me, but I checked my Fire Pro G manual and confirmed that it doesn't matter what directions you use.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
if you didn't know i made :daryl:

ribtstu
Feb 11, 2017
http://steamspy.com/app/564230/

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

mary had a little clam posted:

edit: this Colonel Sanders/Okada feud is really heating up

Oh neat, that's my Sanders! You can check out more of my dumb CAWs here, if you want to have Satan as a referee or whatever.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

Is 13k owners good?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Is 13k owners good?
It's pretty good for a niche, low-budget Japanese game that hasn't had a proper western entry in a decade, especially for having racked that up in what, five days?

For direct reference, here's what the PC ports of the Yukes games have racked up. 2k17 has 44,464 owners, a deep drop from 2k16's 177,025 (although that was apparently in a Humble Monthly Bundle at some point, which probably helped).

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Is the interface for setting up a league broken? I can't choose different wrestlers for my G1 :saddowns: unless I want to run a tournament featuring 20 Bad Luck Fales

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'm having an issue I hope someone can help with. I downloaded a bunch of guys from the workshop but I can't access them. When I'm setting up matches I only have access to the SWF guys. Any way to get to the others I picked up?

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Spikeguy posted:

I'm having an issue I hope someone can help with. I downloaded a bunch of guys from the workshop but I can't access them. When I'm setting up matches I only have access to the SWF guys. Any way to get to the others I picked up?

All downloaded wrestlers appear first in the retired section and have to be moved out of it for use.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

St Evan Echoes posted:

Is the interface for setting up a league broken? I can't choose different wrestlers for my G1 :saddowns: unless I want to run a tournament featuring 20 Bad Luck Fales

I've been having no problem setting up leagues. Are you able to go between your stables and promotions on the screen with q and e?

chirico cuvie
Jan 23, 2004
Made of beef and beef byproduct
Lipstick Apathy

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Oh, that's my HBK. Cool!

I'm absolutely loving this game. I dunno if it's the fact that it's been ten years since the US FPR or what, but I'm having more fun with it this go round than I did when I re-re-bought Returns on PSN a couple of years ago. That nine layer limit for ALL parts really helps get some of the finer details on costumes down.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

remusclaw posted:

All downloaded wrestlers appear first in the retired section and have to be moved out of it for use.

How do you move them out of the retired section? I can't even find the retired section.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

The Kins posted:

Oh neat, that's my Sanders! You can check out more of my dumb CAWs here, if you want to have Satan as a referee or whatever.

Your Sanders owns bones. I love the moveset

Spikeguy posted:

How do you move them out of the retired section? I can't even find the retired section.

Go to Edit > Edit Teams > Transfer Wrestler. Retired is a "team"

That Dang Dad fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jul 15, 2017

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

St Evan Echoes posted:

Seems like it's working as intended.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Skinty McEdger posted:

I've been having no problem setting up leagues. Are you able to go between your stables and promotions on the screen with q and e?
Nope :( When I get onto the wrestler select screen, I can only press Enter to confirm the selected wrestler (Bad Luck Fale by default in my setup). No other key does anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Haha never mind, I'm an idiot. You select whether they should be P1 or CPU first, then it lets you change character

UI isn't moron-proof :blush: