Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
You can actually do an FMT ( fecal microbiota transplant) at home!! World a world.

http://thepowerofpoop.com/epatients/fecal-transplant-instructions/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Ehud posted:

I am just a weary traveler who has come to this Internet forum to poo poo post, friend

I just want you to live a long and healthy life my handsome, dog-loving friend

e; that sounds snarkier than I meant it to, but I mean it sincerely

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I'm watching The Defiant Ones HBO documentary about about dr dre and jimmy iovine and drinking mich ultras ;)

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

You can actually do an FMT ( fecal microbiota transplant) at home!! World a world.

http://thepowerofpoop.com/epatients/fecal-transplant-instructions/

lmao why, what, and also from the FAQ:

quote:

What conditions does FMT treat?

The only condition that is scientifically proven to benefit from fecal transplant enough to satisfy the mainstream medical community is treatment of Clostridium difficile (C diff).

However, what the C diff success story tells us is that so far the risk in properly screened fecal transplant is minimal. Anecdotal experience and success stories on this site indicate that fecal transplant has helped various conditions as one part of an integrated recovery strategy.

Sure there's only medical evidence for this, but based on anecdote these other things are true!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Lol it was a goon who sent trump goatse

Owns

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

No, I'm not. And I don't bring it up because people always have that perception. But this is a dude explicitly asking for healthy dietary advice.

You advised someone earlier in this thread to eat 400 calories a day, merely telling them to "take vitamins" to supplement. Also coined the term inter-mitten fasting, which I have to admit might help with fasting at least. It's got to be hard to get the food to your mouth between mittens.

You may be the best dietician in the world but I simply can't trust you.

e: It should be noted that I want all of us to die, so no one should trust me about anything either.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I just want you to live a long and healthy life my handsome, dog-loving friend

e; that sounds snarkier than I meant it to, but I mean it sincerely

You're a good man forums poster JIZZ DENOUEMENT

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

You advised someone earlier in this thread to eat 400 calories a day, merely telling them to "take vitamins" to supplement. Also coined the term inter-mitten fasting, which I have to admit might help with fasting at least. It's got to be hard to get the food to your mouth between mittens.

e: It should be noted that I want all of us to die, so no one should trust me about anything either.

I fast if I eat a whole bunch of poo poo food and booze but that's mostly because I feel hungover and can't be bothered cooking. If someone was like "here's some delicious food" I'd eat it.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

No, I'm not. And I don't bring it up because people always have that perception. But this is a dude explicitly asking for healthy dietary advice.

Gotcha. Not that there is anything wrong with vegans or vegetarians but I was curious because it was the second time recently you brought it up.

Do whatever works for you imo

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Please don't drag IF into this.

It's good.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Spoeank posted:

Please don't drag IF into this.

It's good.

Agreed, same with compressed eating time periods.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Grittybeard posted:

Well luckily you don't have to trust me, because literally on this page there are other goons praising IF. Which is good. But go on, I misspelled something so throw out the baby with the bath water.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Well luckily you don't have to trust me, because literally on this page there are other goons praising IF. Which is good. But go on, I misspelled something so throw out the baby with the bath water.

I can't trust a man who typed inter-mitten multiple times unironically, sorry.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Going to be a miserable night.

The "fire in the hole" wing sauce choice for lunch was a poor choice.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Silly Burrito posted:

Going to be a miserable night.

The "fire in the hole" wing sauce choice for lunch was a poor choice.

Looks like someone is making some doodoo butter tonight!

The_Hat
Sep 24, 2008

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

If you want to eat meat nobody is going to stop you. But the best medical and political researchers in the world say that it is, in fact, bad for you.

What the gently caress, no one says this, that WHO article says nothing of the sort. It's about a study that shows "limited" evidence linking colorectal cancer to a high consumption of red meat. Even if the relationship is correct, diets with a lot of red meat COULD be responsible for up to 50,000 cancer deaths worldwide per year. That's compared to about 1 million cancer deaths per year globally due to tobacco smoking, 600,000 per year due to alcohol consumption, and more than 200,000 per year due to air pollution. This study just reinforces what most people already know (eating a lot of red meat is bad for you), but nowhere is it advocating for the elimination of red meat from the general population's diet.

In fact I could've saved myself some effort and just quoted this part from that WHO page:

quote:

16. Should I stop eating meat?

Eating meat has known health benefits. Many national health recommendations advise people to limit intake of processed meat and red meat, which are linked to increased risks of death from heart disease, diabetes, and other illnesses.

In conclusion, red meat is fine in moderation, don't listen to the crazy guy who insists that it's "really loving bad for your health"

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Grittybeard posted:

I can't trust a man who typed inter-mitten multiple times unironically, sorry.

Then you are truly an idiot. Multiple sources and multiple other goons vouching for the value of IF, all ignored by you the most critical of thinkers.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Saving this for later

https://twitter.com/henrykrinkie/status/886052270185615360

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

everything causes cancer

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Ehud posted:

I am listening to a band called Full of Hell. The album cover is dope

Full of Hell owns. Listen to the split they did with the Body. Then listen to Thou.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
The wife and child are out of town for a wedding, so I was planning to have some buddies from college come into town and smoke a pork butt tomorrow. Unfortunately the butcher didn't have one in the weight range that'd allow me to cook it during the day, the smallest he had was about 9 pounds, which increases the cooking time by enough that it'd take longer than I'd care to wait tomorrow. I could've just asked him to cut it down a bit, but where's the fun in that when I can just throw it in the smoker tonight and get up every few hours to make sure the temperature is still good, so I can have even more delicious red meat tomorrow? In conclusion, meat is loving rad and I encourage the smoking and subsequent eating of said animal products.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Oh my loving god shut up about diets, there's an entire subforum for that poo poo. The worst part about vegans is that whenever one pops up fifteen people need to dunk on them.

Edit: This wasn't about the post directly above me, I like meat and like tips on roasting pork butts, it was about the fifteen people who were all "Well actually, eating red meat is good for you."

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Jul 15, 2017

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
everything will kill you.

death is certain.

eat at arby'sTM

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Then you are truly an idiot.

Says the guy who fasts between mittens.

None of this was meant to be serious discussion about food. Other than minorly quibbling once I found that post that linking to a paper about a severely low cal diet that lasted over a year that was part of a medical study where the patient was regularly monitored by professionals then saying 'take vitamins' is possibly not proof of what you were saying. The main point is I wanted to remember when you didn't know the word intermittent.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
It is perhaps possible I've overextended the grammar/spelling nazi statute of limitations by quite a bit here.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Skwirl posted:

Oh my loving god shut up about diets, there's an entire subforum for that poo poo. The worst part about vegans is that whenever one pops up fifteen people need to dunk on them.

Edit: This wasn't about the post directly above me, I like meat and like tips on roasting pork butts, it was about the fifteen people who were all "Well actually, eating red meat is good for you."

Dude asked for diet help and discussion ensued don't like It, dont read it.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Anytime something was perplexing or confusing for like half a decade I would say "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure is the best

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Fiz seems to be an excellent source of nutrition info. He is the only goon I would trust on diet and nutrition info.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

BlindSite posted:

Dude asked for diet help and discussion ensued don't like It, dont read it.

weird Asian candy posted:

Jizz, are you one of those crazy vegans who loves telling everyone how vegan he is while shaming meat eaters?

Literally the second post after the guy who said "Try not eating meat."

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Skwirl posted:

Let's draw out the discussion you hate soooooo much.

Great idea.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

so, how 'bout that local sports team

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I once made myself a lentil burger, and feeling after eating one of those was that I had a ton of energy. Whereas with a beef burger I'm done for a little while as it digests. I do think Americans in general eat too much red meat and not enough vegetables, hence why I try to cook vegetarian once in awhile. My girlfriend is also a pesceterian, so usually in the interest of finding something common to eat, we do vegetarian food, since I'm a guy who's not really big on seafood.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Skwirl posted:

He's brought up not eating meat a few times recently in this thread and also he was responding to a guy who wanted to get swole, so "don't eat meat" is maybe not the most useful advice at that point.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Wife and I had grilled salmon and roasted brussels sprouts for dinner

poo poo was delicious

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Jul 15, 2017

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

been making indian dishes for fun and it's pretty cool how veggie-heavy you can get with 'em and not feel meat-cheated

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I've said this before but salmon is the 8-8 of fish :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Its Rinaldo posted:

I've said this before but salmon is the gr8est fish :colbert:

:same:

• Locked thread