Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

henkman posted:

Yeah maybe, but they're also running 2 subs against one of the better teams in the league for some reason

2 subs who have only played against Echo Fox because the Challenger team they should be getting competitive experience in is being used to buff stream numbers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

So now Keith is back in, but Froggen's still on the bench for this second game...?

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Hey Keith's back

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

lmao at flame returning to his home planet there

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

MikeYeung's still the most impressive NA rookie this split, but Cody Sun's been showing up big, too. Very clean auto spacing and good QSS use against a team that's practically built to make your ADC explode.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Killed By Death posted:

Zirene: It's strange they're subbing Keith out because he had a relatively good week last time. In one game, he want 0/0/0...

thats the patented cop score line, but all of the cop apologists are gone now so you wont have anyone sincerely arguing that its actually good because he's not dying

Vermain posted:

MikeYeung's still the most impressive NA rookie this split, but Cody Sun's been showing up big, too. Very clean auto spacing and good QSS use against a team that's practically built to make your ADC explode.

cody sun isnt a rookie, he was a slightly below average adc last split on an extremely bad team which is still kind of impressive

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
I like watching Mike "MikeYeung" Yeung play jungle and he is certainly rookie of the split and I hope that he does well in future. His Lee Sin games at Rift Rivals were awesome.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

rabidsquid posted:

thats the patented cop score line, but all of the cop apologists are gone now so you wont have anyone sincerely arguing that its actually good because he's not dying

ahh i forgot about that. he was the worst.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Lovechop posted:

ahh i forgot about that. he was the worst.

remember he'd always pick graves and somehow always get to 20 minutes with a 0/0/0 score

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
sadplane.jpg

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I'm numb to Jin Air being a disappointment but losing to BBQ Olivers is pretty drat poor.

E: SKT are on a 4-game losing streak holy poo poo.

njsykora fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Jul 15, 2017

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

quote:

Disney announced their investment in one of the most prominent esports team organizations in North America, and that they will air a portion of a Super Smash Bros. tournament and a Street Fighter tournament this weekend on its TV channel Disney XD.

Disney revealed a series of investments Tuesday, Variety reported, including an investment in aXiomatic, an ownership group with a majority stake in the esports team organization Team Liquid. Team Liquid has successful teams and players in a multitude of competitive games including League of Legends, Overwatch, Super Smash Bros., and Counter-Strike. This investment alone doesn't mean too much for Disney in terms of its relationship with esports, but paired with the news that it will be airing tournaments on its own TV channel is pretty huge.

Late last year, League of Legends developer Riot Games sold the streaming rights to League (the most popular esport in the world) to a company called BAMtech, which Disney partially owns with a $1 billion stake. Whether we'll be seeing League of Legends tournaments on any Disney-owned channels in the future is unknown.

Source:
http://mashable.com/2017/07/14/disney-esports/#ySMZIOKdwPqA
This is relevant in a couple ways, such as the potential for League of Legends highlight show showing up on Disney XD, and Team Liquid being financed by a billion dollar company yet still can't win a loving tournament.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Fnatic is looking a lot cleaner. Rift Rivals absolutely pulled back the curtain and I think they've begun to change their easily-exploited playstyle nicely.

edit: a loving 20k gold lead, holy moly

Vermain fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jul 15, 2017

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
They're playing Vitality

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

I am not sure if fnatic are cleaner. This is pretty much exactly what they looked like pre Rift rivals. Super dominating early game and finish out fairly quick mid game. Thats why people hyped them up before rift rivals. Just at rift rivals they couldn't do this vs NA teams unfortunately.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Ulio posted:

I am not sure if fnatic are cleaner. This is pretty much exactly what they looked like pre Rift rivals. Super dominating early game and finish out fairly quick mid game. Thats why people hyped them up before rift rivals. Just at rift rivals they couldn't do this vs NA teams unfortunately.

They're grouping up more and had much better vision control than I've seen from them. Rekkles also finally caved and is avoiding playing Corki and Kennen.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Vermain posted:

They're grouping up more and had much better vision control than I've seen from them. Rekkles also finally caved and is avoiding playing Corki and Kennen.

Still like other user said its only Vitality who are ultra passive. They are good players in eu but most of the teams have horrible playstyles.

Rekkles might be playing Varus this game which is definitely more meta than Sivir.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

mike yeung with the fidget spinner

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
What on earth is this post-rift rivals meta

I have seen vel'koz mid, sona, jax, sivir, sejuani jungle, and a distressingly long heimerdinger hover in the last 48 hours

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Monicro posted:

What on earth is this post-rift rivals meta

I have seen vel'koz mid, sona, jax, sivir, sejuani jungle, and a distressingly long heimerdinger hover in the last 48 hours

ya looks like everyone trying to figure out the meta because basically 2 patches have been skipped in lcs. Next week is another big patch.

Loved the corki package delivery with kench really nice proactive play by vitality. dont see them being proactive that often.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

TSM is a good team, but good lord do they look bad everytime I see Bjergsen on Galio.

Unscientific
Feb 16, 2014
Don't you tease us like this, Dig

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Man dig had a lot of changes this split. Nice to see Altec playing over LOD who is just loving trash. Adrian is probably better than Big too. Chaser was actually good around playoffs last split but he seemed to never click with his teammate except for Ssumday. Chaser has been let go I think.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

"This Gnar who's been threatening a tower dive for the last 5 minutes has me pushed into turret with 80% bar. I'll just use my flag to get a cs" - Balls, apparently

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Man that coin support item is really broken. Morganna is full items with dcap. lol.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Oh Lemon, maybe should have bought Zhonyas as Morg vs Syndra.

E: Goldenglue completely throwing this game by flashing into Orianna twice lol.

Ulio fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jul 15, 2017

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

cloud9/nv game 2 is 4 minutes in and it Certifed Owns

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
lira is fun to watch

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

Parallel Playa posted:

lira is fun to watch

That ambush onto Sneaky in the bot river was a treat to watch.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Cinderhulk Rek'sai is actually offensive to me

How loving stupid are these teams for playing it

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Picking kog, into grag, till winning all disappears
Oh Cody sun
Wont you come

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Ray is fed as gently caress.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
contractz rek'sai...

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I feel like this split is the split where we're being reminded why Kalista got dumpstered a year back.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
tank

reksai

does

nothing

read patch notes idiots

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
http://www.gamesoflegends.com/champion/stats.php?id=122&season=S7&tournament=NA%20LCS%20Summer%202017

28% winrate lmao

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
LOOK OUT WORLD

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
Wiped in a 4v5 lmao

well they killed lord flame, that's something

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
c9 is hot garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

It's remarkable how badly C9 worked as a team at the end there.

By the way, who is Damonte? Is Froggen sick or something? Did he infect Akaadian too?

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jul 16, 2017

• Locked thread