Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Bad Llama posted:

When people walk by your cubicle/office and glance in at you mid stride without stopping or saying anything.

Like, what are you looking at motherfucker? Eyes forward bitch.

When in an otherwise dull environment, like at work, my attention tends to get pulled by movement out of the corner of my eye, so I look in that direction just to see whats going on over there, even if it's just someone walking past. It's not intentional it just happens. I usually at least try to fire a greeting off though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

Bad Llama posted:

When people walk by your cubicle/office and glance in at you mid stride without stopping or saying anything.

Like, what are you looking at motherfucker? Eyes forward bitch.

My office hired a seconded attorney for a year who was the dullest, most ineffective person I'd ever met. She would spend hours poring over a work order that had no legal language (but because we owned the document we were the ones who had to draft it, which is the only reason it came to legal). A simple one-page document that would take a normal corporate attorney ten minutes to draft would take her two days. She was tedious and plaintive and rarely made sense. I quickly learned that if I saw movement near my door that I had to stare intently at my computer screen and type furiously (which made for some interesting SA comments), otherwise if I made eye contact with her she invited herself in for some small talk. On a good day, this would only last thirty minutes or so.

But then there were times when you would touch on a topic that would get her going, and she'd shut the door. I can't tell you how many times I left work two hours late because of her tedious complaints. We all vent, I get it, it's therapeutic, but this was different. It wasn't creative venting; it was just...nonsense.

I inherited her clients when she left. Altogether, they take up maybe one hour out of a forty-fifty hour week. I'm still wondering why we paid her so much to do so little.

Nettles Coterie
Dec 24, 2008

Play in the Dark, lest the Heat catch you standing still
What the gently caress is wrong with people who stare DIRECTLY AT YOUR EYES while you're engaged with something or talking to someone else? I encounter this every once in a while at work. I'll be helping one person, and suddenly realize that the person waiting after them is staring dead-on, intently, unblinking, directly into my eyeballs. It's so loving creepy! It's not going to make me help you faster, it makes me want to crawl out of my own skin and hide under a rock from your gross loving eyes!

I guess I could understand if it was some passive-aggressive way of letting me know you're waiting, but it's not like I ever take too long with one person. We're not making small talk, we're finishing a concise business transaction. Making me wildly uncomfortable isn't going to help anything when I'm already trying to speed things along as efficiently as possible. Even worse are the people who continue doing it the whole time I'm trying to help them, too. WHAT DO THEY WANT FROM ME??

Also work-related: Every time the company I work for ends up in the news, every single loving person who comes in wants to get my take on the hot new story. Despite the fact that I don't know anything, couldn't tell you anything even if I did, and have no interest in hearing the same tired, lazy jokes (usually at my expense) that I've already heard a million times today. I'm glad you're having fun wondering whether or not I'm going to be laid off and lose my livelihood. Please gently caress off and die in a ditch somewhere. And for the love of god, PLEASE stop believing every single lovely op-ed piece you read.

Bomrek
Oct 9, 2012

MightyJoe36 posted:

Looking older than Clint Eastwood and having to show my ID to some kid who is barely old enough to work. :argh:
Sorry man, my manager gets on my case otherwise :shrug:

In a classic case of goon face blindness I also have trouble telling people's ages unless they are younger than 12 or older than 60, and this is it's own pet peeve.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Bomrek posted:

Sorry man, my manager gets on my case otherwise :shrug:

Yeah, I know. And I never give the cashiers any poo poo about it because I know they're only doing their job. My beef is with the idiot managers/corporate types who make up these policies "Card Everyone." I can see carding anyone who looks under 25 or even 30, but I'm so obviously over 50 that it's just ridiculous.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Any kind of poodle is an exception to that rule, except maybe those yappy, ill-socialized toys that grandmas have. They are the perfect, aryan ideal of dog. "Healthy, smart, and beautiful" describes pretty much every poodle I know besides grandma toys and browbeaten, shaved show dogs. They are also really cute if you don't force them to get that stupid show-poodle look.

My boyfriend's dog is a cavapoo and she is the the most perfect dog on the planet by every metric :colbert:

Just needed to share that.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
You know how we always complain about people standing right in front of the door of elevators/busses/etc, preventing people from getting off? Well just now I was going down to the 1st floor and this kid bolts in, I ignore him and start to walk out/around him, then his mom, standing in front of the door, GIVES ME THIS DEATH GLARE and follows me with her head (turning her neck) as I walk around her to get off, like I had the gall to try and get off first at the first floor. :psyduck:

Nettles Coterie posted:

Also work-related: Every time the company I work for ends up in the news, every single loving person who comes in wants to get my take on the hot new story. Despite the fact that I don't know anything, couldn't tell you anything even if I did, and have no interest in hearing the same tired, lazy jokes (usually at my expense) that I've already heard a million times today. I'm glad you're having fun wondering whether or not I'm going to be laid off and lose my livelihood. Please gently caress off and die in a ditch somewhere. And for the love of god, PLEASE stop believing every single lovely op-ed piece you read.

Ugh this. It was terrible when I worked at Apple retail. Aside from not believing me when I said we didn't get any inside knowledge about future product releases (why the gently caress would they only give retail employees this knowledge?), there were the people who bitched at me about apple's factories. Actually I still get this when I say I USED to work at apple. "Isn't it horrible how they treat their factory workers?!" And then they just silently shut up (and refuse to believe) when I say those factories make products for ALL computers, not just apple, so their precious Dell or Android phone is made in the same loving place!

The worst was when this crazy MOM, who made sure to point out that she is a MOM all the time (another pet peeve on its own), laid into me hard about how apple is evil and polluting the environment and money and blah blah while in loving English class in community college.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 18:45 on Jul 15, 2017

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

Thin Privilege posted:

The worst was when this crazy MOM, who made sure to point out that she is a MOM all the time (another pet peeve on its own), laid into me hard about how apple is evil and polluting the environment and money and blah blah while in loving English class in community college.

Older people who attend college/university do this poo poo all the time. I attended a commuter university for several years, and it seemed that we'd inevitably have to put up with some middle-aged mom or old, retired dude who'd poo poo up class time with pointless rants.

Maybe that frustration is why I never finished school :downs:

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

FELD1 posted:

Older people who attend college/university do this poo poo all the time. I attended a commuter university for several years, and it seemed that we'd inevitably have to put up with some middle-aged mom or old, retired dude who'd poo poo up class time with pointless rants.

Maybe that frustration is why I never finished school :downs:

I remember a creative writing class where one lady's proudest achievement was that she was a mom to three boys, and had refused circumsion on all three. She brought this up almost every class period.

cinni
Oct 17, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The old dude in my poetry class just wrote poems about his cat which was endearing but kinda sad at the same time.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

I remember a fortyish hippie broad in one of my college French classes (history of French colonialism or something like that) who steered every discussion about North African nomads back toward the year she'd spent living with the Uyghurs in China. Good on her for being a tad more worldly than your average fortyish white hippie, but by how much she blathered about it you'd swear it was the only experience or knowledge that she possessed.

I don't even remember her doing it in French, now that I think about it. The prof would stare daggers through her and try to interrupt to get us back on track, but it rarely worked.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Any service that requires physically printing and scanning a form instead of just filling out a pdf.

WE REQUIRE A PHYSICAL SIGNATURE FOR SECURITY PURPOSES :fuckoff:, if someone can successfully fill this out in my stead then they have my credit card and ssn, a loving handwritten signature guarantees fuckall.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

Thin Privilege posted:

You know how we always complain about people standing right in front of the door of elevators/busses/etc, preventing people from getting off? Well just now I was going down to the 1st floor and this kid bolts in, I ignore him and start to walk out/around him, then his mom, standing in front of the door, GIVES ME THIS DEATH GLARE and follows me with her head (turning her neck) as I walk around her to get off, like I had the gall to try and get off first at the first floor. :psyduck:

I promise you it's because you didn't coo over widdle Myckynzie as he was being so precocious. She's a MOM, and kids are the MOST IMPORTANT PEOPLE IN THE WORLD and HOW DARE YOU expect common societal norms when her precious baby wants to push all the buttons?

My peeve is, in goddamn downtown San Jose, my neighbors have a loving rooster. It crows from 5:30 am until 7 am, every thirty seconds. Roosters are illegal in San Jose (probably because of this), and I haven't figured out who it is yet.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
One thing that's annoying about my fellow rail commuters is when there's a crowd of people waiting on the platform, the train stops, the door opens and there's always a handful of people who try to push in without letting other passengers off first, and then when they get aboard, stop right inside the door and don't leave any room for anyone else to get into the coach.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Maggie Fletcher posted:

I promise you it's because you didn't coo over widdle Myckynzie as he was being so precocious. She's a MOM, and kids are the MOST IMPORTANT PEOPLE IN THE WORLD and HOW DARE YOU expect common societal norms when her precious baby wants to push all the buttons?

Actually, it was Breayhxtonn

I was at Target and there was this out of control kid demanding candy and other junk. Mom tells him, "DAKOTA! You're not getting any snacks right now!" Maybe if you didn't make your kid think he was super speshul with his super unique snowflake name he wouldn't be an entitled poo poo.

At a different Target: I walked away from my cart, which had items in it, and came back to find someone's used napkins thrown in there. What the gently caress? "Nah these napkins I just used are too gross from my own germs, let me thow them in this stranger's cart!"

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
I can guarantee the kid isn't a little poo poo because of their name. They're a little poo poo because they've got the type of parents that would give them that name.

Sk8ers4Christ
Mar 10, 2008

Lord, I ask you to watch over me as I pop an ollie off this 50-foot ramp. If I fail, I'll be seeing you.
Replacement parts for items that are somehow more expensive than replacing the entire item. And still don't fit despite ordering it from the company goddammit. 

Sk8ers4Christ has a new favorite as of 12:50 on Jul 19, 2017

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Jake Snake posted:

Replacement parts for items that are somehow more expensive than replacing the entire item. And still don't fit despite ordering it from the company goddammit.

Not quite this, but I was looking up electric razor prices the other day. Found one that had generally good reviews for £30. Cost of a replacement head for it (recommended every 18 months)? £25. gently caress off.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Thin Privilege posted:

I was at Target and there was this out of control kid demanding candy and other junk. Mom tells him, "DAKOTA! You're not getting any snacks right now!" Maybe if you didn't make your kid think he was super speshul with his super unique snowflake name he wouldn't be an entitled poo poo.

At a different Target: I walked away from my cart, which had items in it, and came back to find someone's used napkins thrown in there. What the gently caress? "Nah these napkins I just used are too gross from my own germs, let me thow them in this stranger's cart!"

starkebn posted:

I can guarantee the kid isn't a little poo poo because of their name. They're a little poo poo because they've got the type of parents that would give them that name.

Dakota is not a particularly unique or uncommon name you loving goony goons

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
One of the Dakotas spotted.

I hate people hating on names. Shut up, it's not your name or your child's name. I don't understand being even remotely amused at someone else's name. It's weird, you people are weird. You sound like an elitist snot at best when you do this.

My name is super common and spelled normally, before you ask.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I hate public wifi that makes you sign in or agree to poo poo. First off, it's just annoying. Secondly, it prevents my 3ds from connecting because the system says OH NO I CAN'T CONNECT but won't let me load the drat page to connect.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Picky eaters who are also cheap as hell. I was on vacation with a guy recently who refused to go out to eat for 4 days just to save money. He "can't" eat fish, steak, anything spicy, things with vegetables other than lettuce, etc so it ruled every restaurant that wasn't american fast food. Instead he bought a couple pounds of deli meat and pepperoni and a bunch of those babybell cheese wheels in germany and lived off those the whole trip.

And when we were back to germany where things were cheal again he would do things like order chicken tenders and sit there picking the breading off and eating maybe 25% of the food, constantly whining how big portions are and why can't he order from the kids menu etc. The guy is turning 40 this year. How do people get like this?

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Honestly that's somewhere way past just being picky, that's broke-brainedness.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Noctone posted:

Honestly that's somewhere way past just being picky, that's broke-brainedness.

Yeah, picking bread off of chicken tenders? That's beyond the pale.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

mojo1701a posted:

Yeah, picking bread off of chicken tenders? That's beyond the pale.

My sister peels the skin off chicken nuggets with her fingers and eats it separately, then whinges at other people about table manners.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Thin Privilege posted:

Are you literally 90 years old? Dakota has been a fairly common name for awhile. I think The Simpsons commented on it over a decade ago.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I hate the act of trimming my nails. I still do it because I'm not a totally unhygienic goonlord, but I wish I didn't have to.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I hate the act of trimming my nails. I still do it because I'm not a totally unhygienic goonlord, but I wish I didn't have to.

Same, but with shaving and cutting my hair. If I found a genie in a magic lamp that only granted one wish, "I wish I never had to cut my hair or shave ever again." gently caress all the cliché wishes, that would be mine.

And then the genie would be a malevolent entity that twisted my wish into me not having a head :ohdear:

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

fizzymercy posted:

One of the Dakotas spotted.

I hate people hating on names. Shut up, it's not your name or your child's name. I don't understand being even remotely amused at someone else's name. It's weird, you people are weird. You sound like an elitist snot at best when you do this.

My name is super common and spelled normally, before you ask.

If you want to give your kid a unique, special snowflake name with an obscure spelling, that's up to you. Just don't get all pissy and call me a racist when I don't know how to pronounce it correctly.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

Noctone posted:

that's broke-brainedness.

I want to use this at least once today.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

MightyJoe36 posted:

If you want to give your kid a unique, special snowflake name with an obscure spelling, that's up to you. Just don't get all pissy and call me a racist when I don't know how to pronounce it correctly.

you probably are a racist if that's your first complaint

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Whenever I see this on YouTube:

I'm already annoyed because the video I'm trying to watch isn't playing properly, and now you're shoving this thing in my face that looks like it's going to try to help me but actually just links to a page that can basically be summed up as "I dunno, probably your ISP's fault."

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Wheat Loaf posted:

My sister peels the skin off chicken nuggets with her fingers and eats it separately, then whinges at other people about table manners.

If you really can't stand the breading of chicken nuggets then do the reasonable adult thing and drown that poo poo in dipping sauce. I mean, really.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I have to cut my nails near-obsessively because gross chunks of dead skin and/or whatever gets underneath them so quickly it's kinda amazing, if it wasn't so damned gross. I don't even know where it comes from.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
Or just don't eat chicken nuggets. I know picky people, but that's another level.

Also, the only name that annoys me is Nevaeh, and I'm not even sure why, but it's like nails on a chalkboard whenever I see it. Maybe because it's supposed to be Heaven backwards, which might be the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Just name your kid Heaven. It's fine.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Parasol Prophet posted:

Or just don't eat chicken nuggets. I know picky people, but that's another level.

Also, the only name that annoys me is Nevaeh, and I'm not even sure why, but it's like nails on a chalkboard whenever I see it. Maybe because it's supposed to be Heaven backwards, which might be the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Just name your kid Heaven. It's fine.

But you see Heaven is a stripper name

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

Iron Crowned posted:

But you see Heaven is a stripper name

Oh, what isn't these days?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Parasol Prophet posted:

Nevaeh

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Parasol Prophet posted:

Gertrude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Some celeb/politician/famous person is sick! We must all pray and send our best wishes their way regardless of what a shitbag they are!

Peeve: my city never posts when bulk trash pickup is. And they used to send out letters a month in advance.

A city over, they do bulk free pickup every month. gently caress, raise my taxes some to cover this!

edit: poo poo, the dude from Linkin Park killed himself. I was bitching about McCain.

Cowslips Warren has a new favorite as of 20:15 on Jul 20, 2017