Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
archangelwar
Oct 28, 2004

Teaching Moments

Dogwood Fleet posted:

Well, if each bottle of Humalog is $200 and little Timmy goes through 2 bottles a month, 200 test strips per month at a dost of $1 each, and insulin pump supplies at...I'm going to say $300 per month, all Timmy's mom has to do to afford his diabetes supplies is not buy 17 iPhones that year. I don't know what the problem is.

Alternately if she can't afford pump supplies, if she needs 1 bottle of Lantis, that's probably $250 per month instead of the $300.

Alternatively, cover them under the insurance programs these people already have and are designed specifically to ensure poor people have access to medical treatments. They likely are but Mississippi fucks with medicaid and medicaid recipients quite frequently out of spite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

We don't need a televised debate over evolution or gravity and we don't need one over global warming either. It would just be a poo poo show that would legitimize the deniers, and Pruitt knows this.

If we have a debate put 99 scientists on the "is real" side and one paid lobbyist on the other

On the other hand a re-run of the Dover trial but for climate denialism would be entertaining and cool to watch.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

botany posted:

On the other hand a re-run of the Dover trial but for climate denialism would be entertaining and cool to watch.

True , but we are in the 24-hour news age. Debate generates ratings. :(

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

botany posted:

It's been done a few times, by Bill Nye and others. It's short term entertainment and it's fun to watch Nye take someone apart but the deniers don't even realize they're being taken apart and always end up thinking they've won.

You can't reason people out of positions they didn't reason themselves into, and it is extraordinarily difficult to convince people of something when their job depends on not understanding it.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

It's been done a few times, by Bill Nye and others. It's short term entertainment and it's fun to watch Nye take someone apart but the deniers don't even realize they're being taken apart and always end up thinking they've won.

You can't reason people out of positions they didn't reason themselves into, and it is extraordinarily difficult to convince people of something when their job depends on not understanding it.

I'm talking about the Kitzmiller court case, not a TV debate.

ZobarStyl
Oct 24, 2005

This isn't a war, it's a moider.
Is anyone else constantly taken aback by how naturally evil Pruitt looks? When they inevitably make movies about the Trump regime, there's no way that Hollywood can cast anyone that truly has that gut level hate of humanity that drives Pruitt. It'll end up inadvertent whitewashing no matter how you unsympathetic the script is.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

"I am sorry for your problem have you tried eating cake?"

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

archangelwar posted:

Alternatively, cover them under the insurance programs these people already have and are designed specifically to ensure poor people have access to medical treatments. They likely are but Mississippi fucks with medicaid and medicaid recipients quite frequently out of spite.

Maybe budget for your child's life saving medicine instead of complaining with screenshots from an iphone 7s running the newest version of IOS?

She also says that she spends "dozens of hours a week" volunteering for these groups. If her kid's life was really at stake, then wouldn't she get a job during those "dozens of hours a week" that she is out?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Maybe budget for your child's life saving medicine instead of complaining with screenshots from an iphone 7s running the newest version of IOS?

She also says that she spends "dozens of hours a week" volunteering for these groups. If her kid's life was really at stake, then wouldn't she get a job during those "dozens of hours a week" that she is out?

I know you are a joking but we already have a government representative being this level of shithead, this is redundant.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
The reason no one will cover her is because the Obamacare death panels decided her kid is too expensive to save, hence why its critical that we repeal obamacare.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Scott Pruitt should fall into a lethal chemical vat in china. Only problem is his body would somehow emerge as a Captain Planet Super villain and continue to do what he does best, be a lobbyist against the position he's governing.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

actually i believe she would serve her family better by investing that medicine money instead of wasting it on her obvious runt child

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

This fucker...

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

I'm laughing out loud at the idea of a rich Real Estate Broker lecturing someone on EARNING money.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

apparently the story is a few weeks old:

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2016/06/30/rep-guice-meets-mom-diabetic-child/86562704/

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
I wish there were a law that required the legislature and executive appointees to govern in good faith. Something that requires provision of a sound logical argument for how each action works toward the purpose of that official's office and mission.

It should be insulting to everyone, not just democrats, that the head of the EPA should be blatantly and directly working to destroy the environment, and the head of the FCC is working directly against the public interest and laughing off public comment about his attempts to ruin the internet.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Absolutely, Scott. Get a panel of ten scientists, only one can be a denier. Choose wisely, rear end in a top hat.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Chilichimp posted:

Absolutely, Scott. Get a panel of ten scientists, only one can be a denier. Choose wisely, rear end in a top hat.

They'll probably bludgeon him to death on live TV.

archangelwar
Oct 28, 2004

Teaching Moments
I have had two close friends die because of Mississippi's medicaid mismanagement so apologies if my sarcasm detector fails. Elected representatives are all roughly as awful. One guy went so far as to post on facebook about how no one but people from Mississippi should ever comment on his profile and would painstaking reply to every comment from out of staters about how he hopes they never visit the Great State of Mississippi, usually crafting a cringeworthy and offensive retort custom tailored to commenters location. I believe the governor's office compelled him to knock it off for obvious reasons.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I'm really looking forward to when the disastrous effects of climate change become undeniable and Republicans will start complaining "Well why didn't anyone WARN us???? Liberal egghead scientists fail again!"

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

l oooooo l

https://twitter.com/AishaS/status/885891831082438657

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

1stGear posted:

I'm really looking forward to when the disastrous effects of climate change become undeniable and Republicans will start complaining "Well why didn't anyone WARN us???? Liberal egghead scientists fail again!"

Nope, they'll yell about liberals who want to waste their tax dollars helping refugees from now-submerged island nations and coastal cities.

What are the chances that Reince Priebus was the 8th person at the meeting? He was in Trump Tower the day it happened.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

It wouldn't matter. He's not saying this because he wants proof that convinces him. He's saying this because he wants to find an excuse to publicly decry work into keeping the coast lines from being underwater in 50 years or so. Because short term profits > not being able to breathe water for those of us that live on the coast.

That's one of the oldest tricks levied against scientists that warn against climate change. Hell, it was arguably one of the first tricks levied against them once the disinformation campaign couldn't outweigh the evidence.

Some poor scientist would get invited onto a TV or radio show assuming that the public was finally willing to listen and just get yelled at by some jackass wanting higher ratings the entire time. Or at the very best they'd be socially savvy enough to corner the rear end in a top hat and they'd admit that maybe they'd have a point (This happened on fox news.)...And promptly go back to denying it a month later once the interview faded out of the public consciousness.

You can't reason with these people because they have a vested stake in denying it exists. You just have to work around them or force them to comply through proper regulation. Problem is that they're running the agency that's supposed to be doing that at the moment.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jul 15, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

wow

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Actually they should do this but with the caveat that everything coming out of a persons mouth must be backed up by evidence based science.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

ahahaha

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Boris Galerkin posted:

Actually they should do this but with the caveat that everything coming out of a persons mouth must be backed up by evidence based science.

Then you just have a bunch of deniers on the debate referring to lobbyist funded "research organizations" and the facts they invented. Which forces the other side to either do the Hillary fact checker website thing from the debates or to just let them run rough shod over the debate with outright lies. It's the same poo poo that reps from the Heritage Foundation and other similar hate groups do when they're accepted to talk about LGBT rights in a debate format.

Like I said, there's really no reasoning with these people. They're not wanting a debate to debate. It's to obfuscate the truth by any means possible and keep things going as they are for as long as possible, and drat the costs.

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008

When I Naturalize soldiers, they view a welcome/congratulations video from the president. Trump obviously has not yet recorded one.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

l, lol?

:staredog:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

This is the admin that can't book Trump a hotel. They certainly can't figure anything else out.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Considering Trump's plan/his handler's desire is no more immigrants, why would he put in effort?

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

FlamingLiberal posted:

This is the admin that can't book Trump a hotel. They certainly can't figure anything else out.

Isn't his staff pretty much a skeleton crew of inexperience at this point?

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

I can absolutely see no-one wanting to be the person to tell Trump he needs to update a letter welcoming immigrants, so it just never gets done.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

cochise posted:

Isn't his staff pretty much a skeleton crew of inexperience at this point?
The people he has have no idea what they are doing and they are also severely understaffed yes.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

still my president

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

theres a will theres moe posted:

I wish there were a law that required the legislature and executive appointees to govern in good faith. Something that requires provision of a sound logical argument for how each action works toward the purpose of that official's office and mission.

It should be insulting to everyone, not just democrats, that the head of the EPA should be blatantly and directly working to destroy the environment, and the head of the FCC is working directly against the public interest and laughing off public comment about his attempts to ruin the internet.

We already have them.

The head of the DEA is not allowed to endorse legalizing or lowering the schedule of any currently scheduled drug.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Jul 15, 2017

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

hiddenriverninja posted:

still my president

It’s a glimpse into the best timeline.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Trumps plan when he invalidates non American born citizens.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

We already have them.

The head of the DEA is not allowed to endorse legalizing or lowering the schedule of any currently scheduled drug.

I didn't know that. How depressing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Since he can't even bother recording a couple lines for his Disney robot, Im not too surprised by anything else being too challenging

Gotta preserve that internal battery.

• Locked thread