Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

There's a new Doomtree side project, Shredders, that just dropped an EP. If you like Doomtree, there's no reason you won't like this. It's pretty much everybody but Dessa & Cecil Otter, so it doesn't stray too far from their normal sound.

Also, speaking about Wu Tang, indie stuff & Doomtree, Wugazi is the best thing in that vein.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

the_american_dream posted:

I didnt like OMG at all but finding out No ID executive produced Vic Mensas album has my interest

Vic Mensa is the most talented rapper out of Chicago since Lu. And I like Chance, but Vic has so much drat potential

Like by far. But he can't seem to get out of his own way or capitalize whenever he generates any type of hype and I really hope the Autobiography is his new coming out party.

That dude is able to rap and do almost any style of rap music that he wants at a decently high level.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL
Who didnt love the Wayne track on Tyler's album? I think its tasty.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

GoldfishStew posted:

Who didnt love the Wayne track on Tyler's album? I think its tasty.

Serious post my coworker loves it. I honestly haven't had a chance to listen to the album yet but that's the only in person review I've heard.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

This is the first Tyler album ive hosed with all the way through. It's perfect for this time of year. I've seemed to like everything he's done since he remixed that Ye track from Pablo. The Wayne verse is just short and sweet then the track is over. Nothing gets dragged out. All the production is interesting. Really surprised and happy. I LOVED LOVED 4-5 tracks from Thugger's last release which bummed me out because I was hoping to have a whole album of just killer stuff but ended up finding it here.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
Speaking of Pants the Crapper

https://instagram.com/p/BWi_2idhP_d/

Chance x Thugger imminent apparently

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Lollll "we should drop on SoundCloud"

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Note: Soundcloud died on its way back to its home planet

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Dude I'm dyin

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

Such a fuckin tryhard.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Lmao

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

monkeu posted:

Speaking of Pants the Crapper

https://instagram.com/p/BWi_2idhP_d/

Chance x Thugger imminent apparently

It's out.

https://m.soundcloud.com/chancetherapper/big-bs

It's actually Thugger ft. Chance

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Marble floors gold toilets and chandeliers

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Smokin’ them stunna blunts

them big dawgs :dukedog:

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down
I saw Vince and Danny Brown back to back today, and whoever said a little while ago that Vince is a way better performer than he used to be is right. This is the third time I've seen him and he had by far the most energy he's ever had. Danny was wonderful as always. He also played Grown Up and Kool-aid which was awesome. I love that both of them are just up there doing their thing, no hype man or anything.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Housh posted:

Marble floors gold toilets and chandeliers

Terlets

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Skeezy posted:

It's out.

Dope
They work real well together

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Every time I think of gold Terlets I'm reminded how the world will have to wait decades,centuries, millennia to hear another song as good as Lifestyle

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012

GoldfishStew posted:

This is the first Tyler album ive hosed with all the way through. It's perfect for this time of year. I've seemed to like everything he's done since he remixed that Ye track from Pablo. The Wayne verse is just short and sweet then the track is over. Nothing gets dragged out. All the production is interesting. Really surprised and happy. I LOVED LOVED 4-5 tracks from Thugger's last release which bummed me out because I was hoping to have a whole album of just killer stuff but ended up finding it here.

agreeing with this word for word

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Every time I think of gold Terlets I'm reminded how the world will have to wait decades,centuries, millennia to hear another song as good as Givenchy

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Or really, tell em lies

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum
The new Tyler album is my favorite of the year I think, I really like "see you again"

He talks a lot about cars, but I guess he knows it since he talks about how much he talks about cars?

I am a big fan of Tyler's instrumental tracks, great producer

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

Anyone ever been to camp flog gnaw

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Skeezy posted:

It's out.

I still think Thugger works well either in features or with guests on his tracks or something. It helps both emphasize what makes him great, without getting monotonous. This track's way better than I would've expected. And Rich Gang was his best overall project.

Also really interested to see all the Tyler praise. For dudes digging this album I'd really recommend going back over his last couple at least and listen to the production-it's top notch and a lot of the same notes and sounds that are on his new album.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Rich Gang Tour tapes are still the best. Bankroll Mafia is awesome too.

Nothing will capture Wayne dropping tapes leading up to tha carter iii. 2006-2008 were peak Weezy years.

I don't know what the latest Weezy news is but I hope a new tape comes out and I hope I live to hear Tha Carter V for closer. I'm glad I got to listen to Dre's final album.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

alansmithee posted:

I still think Thugger works well either in features or with guests on his tracks or something. It helps both emphasize what makes him great, without getting monotonous. This track's way better than I would've expected. And Rich Gang was his best overall project.

Also really interested to see all the Tyler praise. For dudes digging this album I'd really recommend going back over his last couple at least and listen to the production-it's top notch and a lot of the same notes and sounds that are on his new album.

Yeah, I noticed the same thing w/ his production. I feel like it's a capitulation of what he's learned and developed over the last 4 albums. So it's new in its vibe and the message it has, but it's familiar in its sounds and textures.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

GoldfishStew posted:

Anyone ever been to camp flog gnaw

ya it's like if you put band camp rappers over top the x games and it owns.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

Cool I will go back and check out. I hosed with bastard when it dropped because I'm a pitchfork dumbass and was interested in the novelty of it but just didn't like the aggression or new stories tied to Tyler after that to check anything out.

Ima prolly go to that carnival thing unless he drops tour dates before then. Seems fun at least. Hope I can snag a ticket.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
imo Wolf is Tyler's best

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

And you've heard this? Not trying to argue just asking like even with his new poo poo considered you still think wolf is best?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oh I guess I shoulda clarified, of the previous stuff. Not heard this yet but I wasn't hugely into Who Dat Boy/the other one.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

Who dat boy is the only song that sounds like that on the album imo. It's the most aggressive and everything else is super chill.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Yeah, it's way different from at least the first 3. I never checked out Cherry Bomb. It's Tyler doing his best version of him doing the Neptunes.

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
Cherry bomb was very bad you should skip it

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Robert Analog posted:

Cherry bomb was very bad you should skip it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4YWuLo5uRg wayne verse

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Smuckers and loving Young are real good but otherwise yeah I don't care for Cherry Bomb

I'd imagine this new album has more loving Young-esque tracks from the descriptions.

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
still laughing today at that xxxtentacion freestyle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Chicago Jesus is getting poo poo on by the Justice league

Chance's comeback