Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

MaliciousOnion posted:

From Solar Flux? I did some testing in creative and the capacitor didn't work with Ender IO conduits, either. I ended up going with an IE capacitor in the end. Doesn't hold as much RF but easier to work with. Going to have to set up multiple for the empowerer, though.

Yeah, I think it's the solar flux ones. They have a horrible crafting recipe that uses a ton of mats for 1 stupid cable.

As a note, when you get to crafting Advanced Machine Blocks, don't think the tier 10 ones have to be used. You can make the IC2 ones and still get the same recipe. (It took me way too long to figure this out)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

man i am really liking this glowing modifier for tinker's construct tools

it places a light source automatically when you're holding the tool and the light is low

my ardite/bronze/obsidian hammer with glowing, reinforced, and silk touch lasts basically forever

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

man i am really liking this glowing modifier for tinker's construct tools

it places a light source automatically when you're holding the tool and the light is low

my ardite/bronze/obsidian hammer with glowing, reinforced, and silk touch lasts basically forever

I think it literally WILL last forever as long as you don't use it to break 10,000 leaves or something that doesn't trigger the ardite's petrarmor effect. The Dense effect from the Bronze gets more effective as the tool's durability depletes, and you eventually reach a balance point where the damage you take from mining is cancelled out perfectly by the petrarmor repair effect.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

age of engineering status:

worth every scrap of steel

frenzy
Aug 4, 2003
hey u
the excavator is several orders of magnitude cooler than a quarry will ever be. I increase the vein size and output in my packs cus they deserve to be OP

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azEvfD4C6ow

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

So uh I decided to try Acoustic Craft. Anyone have any experience with that? Or any of the current Technic Launcher stuff?

I dicked around with it and while I guess I'm okay with it, I dunno if I can just do a normal start and dip into the modded stuff.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Hi all!

So around 4 years ago I was really, really into industrialcraft/Steves carts/The weird bee thing/etc.

Is that stuff still around in a handy dandy mod pack? I used to use feed the beast but I don't know if that's still the best way to go about it.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Dave Tate's downsy face approves.
FTB Beyond, their newest's flagship pack, has all of those in it. The bee thing you're talking about is Forestry and it also has a supplemental mod called Gendustry that expands/improves on the bee mechanics a bunch. Those are popular mods that a bunch of recent packs include, though.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

dogstile posted:

Hi all!

So around 4 years ago I was really, really into industrialcraft/Steves carts/The weird bee thing/etc.

Is that stuff still around in a handy dandy mod pack? I used to use feed the beast but I don't know if that's still the best way to go about it.

Hi!

Those mods are still around, although there are new cool(er) mods that everyone is excited about now which some people say do stuff better. Immersive Engineering for example is the latest thing which, in my opinion, is way way better than Industrialcraft. But Industrialcraft is still around if you just want the Old Ways!

There are lots and lots and lots of handy dandy mod packs, depending on what you're interested in.

Many people these days get their modpacks from Curse, which was a) bought out by Twitch and now appears to be not awful, and b) has many handy ratings and sorting systems to get you the kind of modpack you want. You can also ask for something more specific in the thread and it's quite likely someone will have a recommendation.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Alright nice, i'll check them out. My girlfriends been looking for a game to play with me but the only games we share interest in is Smite (burnt out on that) and Overwatch (Can't play ranked with her)

This should do nicely, thank you!

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
What's nice about Twitch/Curse is that you can just pick whatever sounds cool out of the list and build a modpack. Unidict is really key here, though, so that you don't end up with a shitload of random kinds of copper if you go for Immersive Engineering/Thermal Expansion/Embers like I did. I installed it after I got set up and it cleaned up a lot of my issues. ProjectE also helped with this.

However, I do wish more mods had EMC values for stuff. It's such a pain in the rear end to have to actually make some of these things (read: Pig Iron, which I stupidly made a pick out of) and I honestly don't feel like calculating the right value.

Embers is a pretty neat magitech mod. I do wish the pipes were a bit less finicky, I've had issues with one-block runs with an extractor. It's fine with other ducts or TE machines with auto-output. I started using Magma Crucibles to melt iron and copper to make Dawnstone, way easier than Melters, but not as cool-looking. I'm not majorly impressed with having to off-hand my Mantle Jars to use to the tools, though.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jul 12, 2017

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

Echophonic posted:

What's nice about Twitch/Curse is that you can just pick whatever sounds cool out of the list and build a modpack. Unidict is really key here, though, so that you don't end up with a shitload of random kinds of copper if you go for Immersive Engineering/Thermal Expansion/Embers like I did. I installed it after I got set up and it cleaned up a lot of my issues. ProjectE also helped with this.

About ten minutes of config editing fixes ore problems. And if you use the same mods a lot for packs, the configs can just be copied over so you're set in seconds instead of minutes. I usually have Thermal Foundation handling all my oregen and have every other mod's oregen disabled.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

btw anyone playing age of engineering should unlock the profile and add mousetweaks, morph-o-tool, and akashic tome

soooo much better

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
Okay this feels selfish to ask, but if you wanted to update BFSR to 1.10 or later, what would be the central mods you would pick for a technical focus?

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Okay this feels selfish to ask, but if you wanted to update BFSR to 1.10 or later, what would be the central mods you would pick for a technical focus?

Considering IC2 seems to be the big hotness these days, mystifyingly, I don't even know at this point.

Advanced Rocketry might be good for an end goal though.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Black Pants posted:

Considering IC2 seems to be the big hotness these days, mystifyingly, I don't even know at this point.

Eh. IC2 is in a lot of challenge modpacks these days because it has a lot of self-contained tech tree stuff that's easy to corral into overall progression by recipe tweaking.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
So far I really dislike IC2 in age of engineering. Plates, casings, exploding machines... bad times.

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference
Java crashes whenever I try to play AoE. Doesn't even load up all the way. I updaded java and now all of my modpacks play at 1fps! Boo.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

bigperm posted:

Java crashes whenever I try to play AoE. Doesn't even load up all the way. I updaded java and now all of my modpacks play at 1fps! Boo.

Check to make sure you've got 64 bit java.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Ok, so now I've gotten tired of progressing in Embers and moved onto Psi. This is cool as hell. I'm a cyberpunk techo gunmage, calling lightning down on my foes with spell bullets.

Also having to remember how to do vector math. :suicide:

KingLemming
Jan 1, 2013

fuck gregtech

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Black Pants posted:

:downs:

Or you know, these:
https://minecraft.curseforge.com/members/TeamCoFH/projects

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

oh hey MFR got ported to 1.10, neat

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

oh nice farming i understand

frenzy
Aug 4, 2003
hey u
same, also industrial foregoing is the 1.12 version of MFR

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy

I assumed your mods would be in regardless of what was being focused on!

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

I updated ender ore for the 3 latest MC versions

https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/ender-ore

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Is there an easy way to automate the Actually Additions empowerer without AE or Refined Storage? I'm playing Age of Engineering to give you an idea of the mods I have available.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Is there an easy way to automate the Actually Additions empowerer without AE or Refined Storage? I'm playing Age of Engineering to give you an idea of the mods I have available.

use the item relay lasers

chest -> esd -> item interface -> lasers to each display stand

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
I'm playing New Frontiers, and the Coke Oven isn't behaving how I expect to pull out the Creosote Oil. I can put a bucket in the top slot like usual, but it doesn't turn into a bucket of Creosote, or empty any of the 12,000mb in the oven. So it's now stopped working. Doesn't accept glass bottles at all.

And perhaps relatedly, the texture for Creosote Oil is all wonky and shows up black/purple.

Any ideas?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Devor posted:

I'm playing New Frontiers, and the Coke Oven isn't behaving how I expect to pull out the Creosote Oil. I can put a bucket in the top slot like usual, but it doesn't turn into a bucket of Creosote, or empty any of the 12,000mb in the oven. So it's now stopped working. Doesn't accept glass bottles at all.

And perhaps relatedly, the texture for Creosote Oil is all wonky and shows up black/purple.

Any ideas?

Is the texture black and purple squares?

If so, that's the default texture. That implies that the fluid that's being produced isn't Creosote Oil, it's something goofy and probably because of an item ID conflict. I have no idea how to fix that, though.

frenzy
Aug 4, 2003
hey u
Sounds exactly like a bug present in the .65 version of Immersive Engineering for 1.12

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

frenzy posted:

Sounds exactly like a bug present in the .65 version of Immersive Engineering for 1.12

Cool. I'll just cheat in some treated planks then

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

quote:

DingoX3 commented 5 days ago
I just wanted to add that in ATM3 i am able to pull the creosote out with ic2 cells and was able to craft treated planks.

from https://github.com/BluSunrize/ImmersiveEngineering/issues/2288 -- maybe this will help you?

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

Sexual Aluminum posted:

It's messy but transfer pipes with item filters will do. You can set it all up so that you just have to dump the items into a chest. Once you get to Ender IO you can upgrade to item conduits, which will do the same thing but can be run along the same blockspaces as energy conduits, so you can hide it all under the ground.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
On the subject of automation, is there anything that works for pulling/pushing Circuits in the Calculator mod, for New Frontiers? There's no EnderIO, but the other big ones are represented. Thermal Dynamics itemducts and servos are a no-go.

I'm hoping that the 'free poo poo' isn't balanced by having to move everything around manually

Edit: The Calculator page indicated that you could use a wrench to change the output faces - I did that, and slapped on an itemduct, and it didn't push. I added a servo, and it promptly crashed. And crashing upon load again. Oh well

Devor fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jul 18, 2017

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Been a few months since I hated myself so are there any good/modern/recent skyblock packs? What's the good stuff these days?

I had been thinking about non-sky skyblock maps, like set in an endless ocean for instance, just for a little variety's sake. Kind of a shame it's so rarely spruced up, I feel like there's a lot of possibility there.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Vib Rib posted:

Been a few months since I hated myself so are there any good/modern/recent skyblock packs? What's the good stuff these days?

I had been thinking about non-sky skyblock maps, like set in an endless ocean for instance, just for a little variety's sake. Kind of a shame it's so rarely spruced up, I feel like there's a lot of possibility there.

If you're in the mood for a challenge, Age of Engineering has the same sort of style of progression as Infinity Evolved, and isn't a skyblock.

e: also there's Forever Stranded, which is a skyblock-but-not-a-skyblock. It involves heat and hydration, and has a quest book with really bad writing.

Gwyneth Palpate fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Jul 19, 2017

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Vib Rib posted:

I saw someone streaming Modern Skyblock, I think Soaryn. Looked interesting, and it differentiates itself by not using Ex Nihilo. I recall he was busting smooth stone with some sort of hammer/pick tool to generate the dusts instead of sieving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Forever Stranded also has a problem with spawn rates; I tried it twice and on each first night the ship ended up being buried under husks.