Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

skaboomizzy posted:

I kinda want to put Wife With A Purpose and shanley into that tweet mash-up thing but I'm terrified by what might come out

do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Dapper_Swindler posted:

what the gently caress, who is this crazy idiot?

https://twitter.com/LucidHurricaneX/status/886272245525602304

https://twitter.com/apurposefulwife/status/886281543550992384

i feel like its giant troll, but god only knows.

or she just bought wholesale into her husband's hosed up conservatism

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuJvkrtxeB8

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

Kurtofan posted:

where's the suck zone

The Suck Zone has been cast upon the doorway and all who enter it suffer from a 50% reduction in movement for that turn and the following turn.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Wait is so her Purpose destroying the concept of marxism? That seems like a lot to take on.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
now this is politics i can get behind

http://edition.cnn.com/videos/world/2017/07/14/taiwan-parliament-brawl-lon-orig.cnn/video/playlists/mobile-digital-shorts/

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Dapper_Swindler posted:

this. it sounds like its some sort of split off or some evangelical deal.

quote:

This is a personal website connected to the Wife With A Purpose ministry. This is a wholesome, uplifting space for the promotion of traditional Christian living.

“To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.” Titus 2:5

We have an epidemic in the Western world right now. In America and Europe citizens have become self obsessed, lazy, fat, demanding, spoiled, loud, controlling, egotistical and mentally ill. Feminism, homosexuality, atheism, hedonism, and transgender-ism are being promoted while the hard work and priorities of family and faith have all but died away and this pattern is killing us, physically and spiritually.

Whether found in protestant gatherings, Catholic traditions, the tea-party, Trump supporters, Mormon families, Amish barn raisings, Old Order or Conservative Mennonites, the purity movement, the stay-at-home daughter movement, homesteading, quiver-full, patriarchy movement, the fight against Islam, traditional homemaking, the hopeful repeal of the 19th amendment, or the quest to keep our countries from being over run with migrants and illegal aliens, etc, we will explore how peoples everywhere are saying yes to hard work, yes to big families, yes to the Lord and His plan for our families and our future.

“But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.” 1 Timothy 5:8

(While this blog’s author is LDS this blog is not connected to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.)
Sounds like generic protestant evangelism but she was raised Mormon and can't quite let go of it. :shrug:

Also, please be sure to DONATE to this entirely legitimate and not-at-all-a-grift ministry!

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Kurtofan posted:

or she just bought wholesale into her husband's hosed up conservatism

i dunno it really feels like this twitter account and many of the replies are bots.

at least one of the ones i clicked on seems to post that poo poo on a schedule every day

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Flavius Belisarius posted:

Is she some sort of split-off fundamentalist Mormon? Because I'm having trouble thinking that 1) the current LDS church wouldn't have a problem with the kinds of things she's saying, and 2) some fundamentalist Mormon offshoot would allow her to be so publicly opinionated.

I'm getting a bog standard Idaho mormon vibe from her. There were mormon white supremacists at the Malheur Refuge standoff who expressed the same opinions.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Joementum posted:

everyone at this event I'm illegally hosting is taking about how great the stock market is because of me

What law is it breaking?

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

skaboomizzy posted:

I kinda want to put Wife With A Purpose and shanley into that tweet mash-up thing but I'm terrified by what might come out

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

Your Chaos Howl inflicts two damage on the skeletal robot.

The skeletal robot collapses to the floor, its parts scattering across the room.

You find an energy rifle on the skeletal robot and equip it.

Your energy rifle overloads and kills you.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

MaxxBot posted:

I used to drive this particular route in Wisconsin and the main thing I miss about it is that there were a huge number of barns that would make me go "how the gently caress is that thing still standing?"

There's a game I play whenever I'm back home in VT's NEK, in which I drive around to see all the old barns that have been slowly collapsing since I was a kid and see if any have actually fallen all the way in yet.

Very few have, in case you were wondering.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
i dont believe for a second this is a real person

https://twitter.com/clearspot709?re...genumber%3D2605

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

drat

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
We're all bots and the only human is you. Yes you, the one reading this post. We know who you are.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
probably won't be able to beat this one

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

logikv9 posted:

We're all bots and the only human is you. Yes you, the one reading this post. We know who you are.

Chunky Salsa
Aug 31, 2016

"Isn't that right, Zach?"

Apraxin posted:

Sounds like generic protestant evangelism but she was raised Mormon and can't quite let go of it. :shrug:

Also, please be sure to DONATE to this entirely legitimate and not-at-all-a-grift ministry!

Quiverfell movement is that '19 Kids and Counting' family thing isn't it? Some weird off-putting hybrid of Mormonism and Evangelism

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

skaboomizzy posted:

probably won't be able to beat this one

ok that one's pretty good :golfclap:

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

Agrajag posted:

i dont believe for a second this is a real person

https://twitter.com/clearspot709?re...genumber%3D2605

Almost nothing on the right is real at this point. It's all empty posturing, an endless bluff and infinity downing through and through.

Captain_Maclaine posted:

There's a game I play whenever I'm back home in VT's NEK, in which I drive around to see all the old barns that have been slowly collapsing since I was a kid and see if any have actually fallen all the way in yet.

Very few have, in case you were wondering.

Are these barns the ones built by master carpenters that don't even need nails to stay standing for centuries? I saw a special on the deconstruction of one of those once and it was unbelievably impressive.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Apraxin posted:

whoa its a real person drat

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

jfc

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

Brother Friendship posted:

Almost nothing on the right is real at this point. It's all empty posturing, an endless bluff and infinity downing through and through.

But that doesn't mean they aren't incredibly real at the same time. They're knowingly disingenuous and detached from reality, while projecting those very same things onto their perceived opponents, because it's a requirement to live in the fantasy world they've created for themselves.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
pretty tired of NK docs, but I'm watching this right now and its pretty loving cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDKOINl0L4I

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
now im legit baffled that there are real people who think like her

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Chunky Salsa posted:

Quiverfell movement is that '19 Kids and Counting' family thing isn't it? Some weird off-putting hybrid of Mormonism and Evangelism

Yeah, it's a really creepy and weird fundamentalist reaction to feminism which really got going in the 80s. It takes its name from a direct reading of Psalm 127: 3-5.

Brother Friendship posted:

Are these barns the ones built by master carpenters that don't even need nails to stay standing for centuries? I saw a special on the deconstruction of one of those once and it was unbelievably impressive.

For the most part. They're usually old Dutch style barns where it's all pegs and joinery.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Guy Goodbody posted:

Even if that is true, why would somebody who isn't an rear end in a top hat get a dog that everybody else assume will eat their children. Yeah, I could get a greyhound, or a lab, or some random pound mutt, but I want a dog that I am going to have explain isn't a face-eating monster for the rest of it's life

You shouldn't base life decisions on other people's hysteria's without examination. Pits are extremely cool and good dogs unless you raise it otherwise or get the random lemon... I'll admit they're not a good fit for novice owners and definitely not for people that are dicks

http://www.lifewithdogs.tv/2013/11/pit-bulls-are-just-about-the-nicest-dogs-there-are/

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

https://twitter.com/eggfordinner/status/885860274611392517

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
'is this a real account', someone asks:
https://twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/885859663232815104
oh my god this is a hell of a rabbithole

edit: holy loving poo poo

quote:

The story behind the whole thing is simple. My first husband cheated on me and left me when our baby (my oldest son) was 7 months old (in spring 2004). I thought an open marriage next time around would be a solution to avoid what had happened in my first marriage and all the liberal books I read backed this up. My second (and current) husband (I met in fall 2004) comes from a polyamorous commune. His dad had multiple wives who had multiple husbands. I was deep into liberalism and so were some of our friends. About a year and a half into our marriage my husband’s, best friend’s wife and I dated for a few months with both of our husband’s approval.

I thought I would enjoy being with a woman like all the media pushed (this was at the height of the TV show The L Word about lesbianism) but I hated it, I hated every second of it. I was scared to break it off because I didn’t want my husband to lose his best friend but after about 3 months I couldn’t stand it anymore and I broke up with her. I felt like a failure for not making this hip lifestyle work. All our hipster San Fran liberal friends knew about our “open” marriage and hence, we couldn’t ever make friends, they always wanted to sleep with us and we were always making excuses not to, going home early from parties, sometimes literally hiding and pretending we weren’t home. We didn’t want to do it.

I thought I was doing the “right” thing, don’t all men want an open marriage? That’s what the media told me, but no, my husband told me he hated it too so we vowed to never to do it again. All these blog posts this stalker is getting are over a decade old and they are screen shooting and cropping them to take them out of context and they are purposely obscuring the dates.

I’ve always been 100% honest about my past as a San Francisco liberal and the mistakes I made. I’ve made my life an open book and I’ve referenced my former liberalism on nearly every interview I’ve ever given. I’ve posted tweet after tweet about being a former liberal, with pictures included of me with blue hair and hippie jewelry, from a decade ago. I’ve always had “former liberal who became trad life” first thing in my Twitter bio. When I shared the opening of my Trad Life book I’m writing it says, “I can offer this knowledge not because I am a success but because I was first a failure.” My first YouTube videos were about how I was a liberal feminist in grad school in San Fran and how I saw the horrors of that lifestyle and left it. I’ve exhaustively referenced my past at every opportunity.

Progressive Leftist Liberal Marxism is a death cult. If it’s lifestyle doesn’t literally kill you early it kills your genetic line when you choose dogs over babies, sex over marriage and the shackles of regressivism over the freedom of tradition. I was in that cult. I was in “the belly of the beast” as I often say. I put the Kool Aid cup up to my lips but I refused to drink, I threw it down and ran for freedom and now I am haunted by the zombies of the people who didn’t get out in time and now shuffle around, stiff, lifeless and with no hope. They hate me because my life is a testimony of the freedom and redemption they still, ideologically, refuse to accept.

I was saved and redeemed by Christ in the waters of baptism in 2008 some of my progressive ideology lingered a few years after that but eventually it all gave way to TRUTH.

The TradLife message is powerful. How else could a homemaker amass a Twitter following of 30 thousand people? They are scared to death and are trying desperately to silence me.

I leave them with these words: THEY WONT.
'if white supremacist fundamentalism don't exist, how me a homemaker amassed 30,000 twitter followers'

Apraxin has issued a correction as of 22:24 on Jul 15, 2017

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Guy Goodbody posted:

Even if that is true, why would somebody who isn't an rear end in a top hat get a dog that everybody else assume will eat their children. Yeah, I could get a greyhound, or a lab, or some random pound mutt, but I want a dog that I am going to have explain isn't a face-eating monster for the rest of it's life

because I don't run my life based on the ignorance of other people.

do you?

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Chunky Salsa posted:

iirc it's an evangelical thing where they have to pop out as many kids as possible as future soldiers in God's army, or something like that

the "quiver" part is because, as holy warriors for God, they're the metaphorical "arrows" God will fire at evil, and therefore they need to have really big families so God will have plenty of arrows to shoot

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

it works!

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Guy Goodbody posted:

they're not face-eating monsters, jesus you're a loving pansy

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
I just want to see the Kim Jong Un - Donny handshake and I'll be happy for life. The technique will be extraordinary

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

https://twitter.com/ChuckRossDC/status/886062411379331077

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

Apraxin posted:

'if white supremacist fundamentalism don't exist, how me a homemaker amassed 30,000 twitter followers'

lol this idiot kept looking towards others on how to properly live her life and she's still doing it but she's just too stupid to realize it

'strong lib mommy failed me, strong daddy take the lead'

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Apraxin posted:

that is a whole lotta crazy

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Chunky Salsa posted:

ya i think it means that sex is ok as a married hetero couple but ONLY for procreation

so ofc its fkd up and thats only the tip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

https://twitter.com/Discocollective/status/886082501365514240

• Locked thread