Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Sneak peek at what I'm working on right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piso Mojado

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

Sneak peek at what I'm working on right now

I'm the guy on the left checking out butts

Dreadwroth

by R. Guyovich
Goddamn Glen, stop being so good at paintin people.
Kind of old but recent-ish...

Dreadwroth fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Apr 7, 2017

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

SulfurMonoxideCute

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I've been painting mandalas and stuff in hopes of selling some t-shirts or something someday

Macnult

Dreadwroth posted:

Goddamn Glen, stop being so good at paintin people.
Kind of old but recent-ish...

I'm diggin' the shades of green

Picnic Princess posted:

I've been painting mandalas and stuff in hopes of selling some t-shirts or something someday

I like this a lot

DavidAlltheTime

All David...all the TIME!

Robot Made of Meat

:)

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Macnult

my computer gets incredibly sluggish whenever I try to paint digitally, so until I build a new pc I've been having fun sketching and doodling with my tablet

vanisher

Macnult posted:

my computer gets incredibly sluggish whenever I try to paint digitally, so until I build a new pc I've been having fun sketching and doodling with my tablet

These are real good

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Jedrick

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
I got wasted and made this.
https://imgur.com/JNoq4lh

Trying to share it before I sober up and probably hate it.

Manifisto

Picnic Princess posted:

woah I really like this

I'm a mandala fan so it's right up my alley

birds

i'm not a good artist but i drew this on my ipad the other week its my bird

thanks hogge wild!

SulfurMonoxideCute

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

That is a very good bird, don't sell yourself short!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

birds posted:

goddamn, this is good

birds

you're both too kind :blush:

thanks hogge wild!

Tiberius Thyben

Gone Phishing

birds posted:

That's a good bird.

Tiberius Thyben

Gone Phishing

BF and I drew a digiman.

Apparently Victorian London Street Urchin is a digimon.

Tiberius Thyben fucked around with this message at 01:12 on May 5, 2017

Professor Shark

Hey can we do art requests here?

If so, sit back and hear me out:

The Leftovers just wrapped up it's final season a couple weeks back and I wanted to have a little keepsake of my favorite TV show. I browsed HBO's website and didn't find anything that appealed to me (which is understandable because the show wasn't a hit in terms of viewers), so I decided to see if I could find something elsewhere. One website that makes TV apparel had this shirt:

This is the logo of the town the first season is set in, Mapleton NY, and is based on this image:

It reminded me of a hat a character wears in the third season (Spoiler tags for those who haven't watched The Leftovers):

I decided that a custom patch would be a nerd cool way to have a stealth reference to the show that I can put on a hat or my duffel bag . I took the original logo from the t shirt:

... and asked a company that makes custom patches if they could do a chenille patch, which is the fuzzy kind, sort of like a Letterman jacket:

Anyway, the company said they could do the logo and don't seem to have a problem with the art I provided, however I don't like the idea of using "stolen" art. Could someone take a shot at it for me? I tried doing the profile and have had no luck at it.

TLDR: Can someone make a "good copy" of this image for me?

Professor Shark fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Jun 17, 2017

Professor Shark

I was playing around with crayons today

Flavius Aetass
Hey I don't usually post here but I could really use a chill time. Here's a self-portrait I've been working on. Had to erase the eyes but it's coming along.

Manifisto

Flavius Belisarius posted:

Hey I don't usually post here but I could really use a chill time. Here's a self-portrait I've been working on. Had to erase the eyes but it's coming along.

very nice! what's the medium?

also come introduce yourself in the hello&chat thread if you're so inclined

ty nesamdoom!

Flavius Aetass

Manifisto posted:

very nice! what's the medium?

also come introduce yourself in the hello&chat thread if you're so inclined

Thanks! It's oil.

Professor Shark

I had more fun with the crayons

The ones I was using were thicker than normal Crayola crayons and had more of a softer, wetter, waxy feel. Any idea what they could have been?

Robot Made of Meat

Cray-Pas?

Flavius Aetass
Oil pastels? What's the dark blue? I really like it.

Professor Shark

Flavius Belisarius posted:

Oil pastels? What's the dark blue? I really like it.

I call this series "Generic Ocean Art"

DavidAlltheTime

Darkman Fanpage

lol

Professor Shark

Progress shot of a quick and dirty print I'm making up today:

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I worked on this for, like, a year

FluffieDuckie

that's amazing john glenn

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

FluffieDuckie posted:

that's amazing john glenn

:yayclod:

I think it came out terrible, but I spent so much time making it, I should at least show somebody. On the plus side, I'm back in BYOB!

FluffieDuckie

welcome back!

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

DavidAlltheTime

Holy moly. I love this series. I actually used one as a writing prompt with my grade 9 English class. I hope that's okay! They wrote cool stuff and really liked it!

I get a vibe similar to 'The Arrival' by Shaun Tan. Do you know it?
http://www.shauntan.net/books/the-arrival.html

Mariana Horchata

ya and it shows...amazing lighting!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

FluffieDuckie posted:

welcome back!

hooray!

DavidAlltheTime posted:

Holy moly. I love this series. I actually used one as a writing prompt with my grade 9 English class. I hope that's okay! They wrote cool stuff and really liked it!

I get a vibe similar to 'The Arrival' by Shaun Tan. Do you know it?
http://www.shauntan.net/books/the-arrival.html

Whoa, cool! Which one did you use?
And, The Arrival is really great. I love the deconstruction of purely visual narrative.

Mariana Horchata posted:

ya and it shows...amazing lighting!

Gah! It could be so much better, though. I find myself comparing it to Thomas Eakins' 'The Agnew Clinic' and mine is lacking.

Mariana Horchata

Gah! It could be so much better, though. I find myself comparing it to Thomas Eakins' 'The Agnew Clinic' and mine is lacking.

Ahhh yes thats what it subconsciously reminded me of...but i thought that was a dutch painting by rembrandt or someone from that period

DavidAlltheTime

Whoa, cool! Which one did you use?

One of the first ones, where she's sitting in a chair and a nurse is holding her helmet. The look on her face is so intriguing!

Robot Made of Meat

:yayclod:

I think it came out terrible, but I spent so much time making it, I should at least show somebody. On the plus side, I'm back in BYOB!

I don't think it came out terrible at all. The last person who should judge an artist's work is the artist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salmiakki

fuckin incredible work dude!!

https://twitter.com/sallymiakki
ty cat dynamite

• Locked thread