Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Dick Trauma posted:

This is just electoral apple polishing. Like all the other GOP shitheads he'll make a big show in the press of his reticence.

Sandoval is extremely popular in Nevada and pretty much Trump-proof. He's so popular that Heller feels his best shot at winning re-election is to do whatever Sandoval wants, even if it means opposing Trump.

Since he's isolated from outside political pressure, I think Sandoval is free to care about people losing insurance coverage and health care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Trabisnikof posted:

Yeah dude that's an awesome heel they're going to love it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNNuvWB0lbQ&t=4781s

just wait until they destroy the flag

NoDamage
Dec 2, 2000

empty whippet box posted:

This post means "yes"

I'm pretty sure a story about how the republicans are confident that this time they'll do it has preceded every failure thus far. It's just something they say to try to drum up morale and convince people, probably including other lawmakers, that it's going to pass, so they should start agreeing with it. It means absolutely nothing.
On the other hand we thought the AHCA wasn't going to make it through the House because the GOP couldn't find the right line between too-evil and not-evil-enough, and look where we are now...

The Phlegmatist
Nov 24, 2003

NoDamage posted:

On the other hand we thought the AHCA wasn't going to make it through the House because the GOP couldn't find the right line between too-evil and not-evil-enough, and look where we are now...

...watching it die in the Senate?

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

Dick Trauma posted:

This is just electoral apple polishing. Like all the other GOP shitheads he'll make a big show in the press of his reticence.

Sandoval is term limited out, Heller is running for re-election in 2018, and the Dem Senator just won in 2016 so she isn't up til 2022.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

It's me, I was the 8th person at the meeting

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Pollyanna posted:

Either the GOP constantly trips over their dicks with this bill, or everything's a done deal and pushback is entirely for show. Which is it?

They are bumbling idiots that are clutching the reins of power while trying to figure out which end of the horse goes in front. People confuse their clumsiness with internal division and lack of will.

Don't. They have plenty of will to do terrible things to this country but goddamn they are loving idiots without any leadership beyond whichever shithead on any given day gives the worst soundbite.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
Eh...the only reason this loving thing is actually a danger right now is that McConnell, unlike a lot of other figures in the GOP at the moment, is very good at his job.

Throwing Turtles
May 3, 2015

Rigel posted:

Sandoval is extremely popular in Nevada and pretty much Trump-proof. He's so popular that Heller feels his best shot at winning re-election is to do whatever Sandoval wants, even if it means opposing Trump.

Since he's isolated from outside political pressure, I think Sandoval is free to care about people losing insurance coverage and health care.

Sandoval is also willing to ignore conservative dogma and do the right thing from time to time. He's been particularly good on LGBT issues signing a bill banning job, housing, and public accommodation discrimination against transgender people, and another bill requiring child welfare and juvenile detention facilities to treat children in their care by the gender or gender expression with which they identify. Also welfare workers and foster parents are to get more training as well.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Well, think of the state Sandoval is governor of. There's a very large city that's a huge international destination that the state can't afford to demolish with Kansas policies.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

WampaLord posted:

Thread, can we maybe stop with all the irony gimmicks if the end result is gaslighting posters into believing the sky is falling?

The gimmick posters won't stop because they catch something every drat time.

Seriously though shouldn't posting a completely made up article in a blatant bad faith trolling attempt merit one hell of a probation, a ban, or at the very least a restriction to only being able to post in the Fiction thread in Creative Convention?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Shifty Pony posted:

Seriously though shouldn't posting a completely made up article in a blatant bad faith trolling attempt merit one hell of a probation, a ban, or at the very least a restriction to only being able to post in the Fiction thread in Creative Convention?

The mods have forsaken this thread long ago.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jul 16, 2017

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Space T Rex posted:

I'm 25 and until this election I was very much so in the "nothing matters, my one vote is useless, all candidates are basically the same in the sense that they serve money and not us anyways" camp. Trump definitely opened my eyes to the fact that even if you think that way, you can still vote for damage control. So I'm becoming a big boy and getting more into politics and trying to get involved but I have some questions about the tone of the entire system.

For those of you who have actually been through this a million times already - how bad is it? What I'm getting at is, how reliable is ANYTHING? Are there actually any reliable good-guys out there in the media or in politics at all? Is Trump being publicly investigated because of potential collusion, or because their hand is forced since the public suspects he has colluded? Is this the kind of poo poo that all presidents do and only the ones who are bad at it get in trouble? Or is the system actually better then that and full of people who actually care about "the rules"? I'm just looking for your opinions from experience, obviously none of you would know if every president ever has been doing shady illegal poo poo constantly.

There is good in this world and it is worth fighting for.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter/status/886345961194348544

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

RuanGacho posted:

There is good in this world and it is worth fighting for.

/

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

skylined! posted:

goddamn dude

spend more time meditating on being thoughtful and less time lighting your hair on fire

comey wanna get paid

https://twitter.com/adamgoldmanNYT/status/886332394491564033

Words cannot express how much I love this choice of photo

gently caress

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Data Graham posted:

gently caress

Why, is it the five lights?

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

Ann's just pissed they gave her seat to a woman darker than her.

Edit: Also, if Comey's book isn't titled "Sorry I'm a loving Moron" then it shouldn't be written.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

If you wanted the seat maybe you should have paid more money for it you dumb poor.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

why is ann coulter flying coach

are book sales low

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

This thread has been claiming that Republicans

The mods have forsaken this thread long ago.

How can one truly tell a gimmick from a real post anymore? Gimmicks run this country.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

It's the free market deciding not to give Ann Coulter her extra seat because of her pre-existing condition of being tall. She should be ecstatic.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I had no idea "take Ann Coulter's seat and then witness her tantrum" was on my bucket list, but I guess it is now.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Shifty Pony posted:

I defended him when he argued the numbers on genocide and I stood silent when he argued that 'blue lives matter', but posting unsourced quotes is honestly just unacceptable. trotsky 2012 has got to go

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

skylined! posted:

are book sales low

When was the last time anyone paid attention to ann coulter?

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Data Graham posted:

gently caress

if comey's already shopping a book deal you gotta think the investigation is a few months from being finished

Gum posted:

When was the last time anyone paid attention to ann coulter?

i guess just now?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Shifty Pony posted:

I agree, probate anyone who links to Fox News, Braitbart, Alex Jones, etc.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

skylined! posted:

if comey's already shopping a book deal you gotta think the investigation is a few months from being finished

I would think this, except that the investigations seem to be behind the news media, at least in regards to the stories the news media drops. There's no way to know if the FBI, CIA, Mueller, Senate intelligence, House intelligence, or other financial crimes investigations know about entirely different things that the media has no inkling of.

Trabisnikof posted:

I agree, probate anyone who links to Fox News, Braitbart, Alex Jones, etc.

If they link to them meaning for them to actually be sources of real information then they should be shot out of a cannon into the sun.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

awesmoe posted:

I defended him when he argued the numbers on genocide and I stood silent when he argued that 'blue lives matter', but posting unsourced quotes is honestly just unacceptable. trotsky 2012 has got to go

"$150,00 per year is middle class" was where I disregarded his posting.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

alpha_destroy posted:

Ann's just pissed they gave her seat to a woman darker than her.

Edit: Also, if Comey's book isn't titled "Sorry I'm a loving Moron" then it shouldn't be written.

Do we not like Comey here? I thought he was pretty cool. Is there something I dont know? Someone list all the good and bad thread opinions.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

How do you know she's not an air marshal? :colbert:

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

skylined! posted:

are book sales low

It's easier for her to grab an in-flight snack. Flight crew is more likely to notice when a first-class passenger goes missing.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiXWoMYgZJc

Space T Rex posted:

Do we not like Comey here? I thought he was pretty cool. Is there something I dont know? Someone list all the good and bad thread opinions.

Comey can be attributed to one of the million reasons we turned down the path to the Stupid Watergate timeline.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Honestly, it would be kind of hosed up if the AHCA/BHCA didn't pass.

The people in West Virginia, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Kentucky, etc all had 6+ years of experience with Ron Johnson, Pat Toomey, Rand Paul, Mitch McConnell, Shelley Moore-Capito and knew what they stood for.

You could maybe make an argument that Trump deceived them, but none of the Senators or Congressmen pretended that this wasn't the plan or that they didn't vote for the Ryan budget.

The people in these states had the better part of a decade to know these people and their plans and they chose to re-elect or promote them. If they made that choice, then they should get what they were promised. It seems to defeat the purpose of democracy to shield people or deny people the result of their choices.

The rest of the U.S. should not have to suffer or bear the brunt of the consequences for a small group who refuse to listen to their constituents. States like MN and CA, which bleed blue and essentially prop up and support the red territories around them will be utterly destroyed and unable to stand from the BHCA. MN itself is basically all healthcare.You have Mayo Clinic and Duluth is almost entirely healthcare positions. It will turn once thriving states into wastelands.

User Error
Aug 31, 2006

https://twitter.com/Mobute/status/886355645246603265

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

GreyjoyBastard posted:

How do you know she's not an air marshal? :colbert:

Too dark?

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Space T Rex posted:

For those of you who have actually been through this a million times already - how bad is it? What I'm getting at is, how reliable is ANYTHING? Are there actually any reliable good-guys out there in the media or in politics at all?

The people don't matter. The parties do. Think of all the things that the government has done in the last 100 years. Separate them into good and bad. You'll find that 90+% of the good comes from Democrats and 90+% of the bad comes from Republicans. That's enough for me.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

This country is a loving nightmare.

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/886316710701277184

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Why, is it the five lights?

Part of it is that he's nine feet tall and they framed it to make him look like he's too short to ride THE SHITSTORM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

Hellblazer187 posted:

The people don't matter. The parties do. Think of all the things that the government has done in the last 100 years. Separate them into good and bad. You'll find that 90+% of the good comes from Democrats and 90+% of the bad comes from Republicans. That's enough for me.

Eisenhower's administration skews that

• Locked thread