Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Rhyno posted:

Somebody better get that loving trailer up on Youtube.

Little Mac posted:

I'm sad that panel footage so rarely leaks anymore.

I'm actually waiting for the leak. I need it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I'm just refreshing YouTube and Dailymotion. :(

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

You might as well just close your browsers then. D23 security is about as tight as it gets. I'm not sure if any footage has ever leaked out of it before. So you'll have to hope it screens next week at SDCC.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

X-O posted:

You might as well just close your browsers then. D23 security is about as tight as it gets. I'm not sure if any footage has ever leaked out of it before. So you'll have to hope it screens next week at SDCC.
Disney security is no joke. Comic Con on the other hand you might as well not bother going because everything gets leaked within an hour

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Maybe they'll release it during SDCC? :pray:

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!

hiddenriverninja posted:

Maybe they'll release it during SDCC? :pray:

Seems likely.

They've confirmed a new Ragnarok trailer and a trailer for "something we haven't seen yet" at Comic-Con.

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.
I need that trailer! Who's got Mephisto's number?

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Whenever Cull Obsidian isn't on screen people should be asking where he is.

He's busy snapchatting about his Tough Stellar events, nbd.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Kal-L posted:

I need that trailer! Who's got Mephisto's number?

Are you married?

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.

bunnyofdoom posted:

Are you married?

I already used that to make Spider-Man appear in the MCU. Totally worth it. :spidey:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Kal-L posted:

I already used that to make Spider-Man appear in the MCU. Totally worth it. :spidey:

Any unborn children yet to be conceived?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Ojjeorago posted:

He's busy snapchatting about his Tough Stellar events, nbd.

I like how NBD actually made it into Homecoming.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

WHOOPS posted:

looking back, the looney tunes promo that airs on the batman 89 VHS is hilariously odd but makes sense given the time.

https://youtu.be/8JJz-yLaArs

That promo is one of my earliest memories

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I remember Ryan Reynolds saying they were really gonna try to get Spider-Man in Deadpool 2. I hope they succeed. Just a quick scene where Deadpool makes some quip about being in the wrong shared universe, telling him he's at Fox and needed to go a few blocks on the left to get to Disney, and inviting him over for dinner, he makes some great rice, he's having Uncle Ben's tonight.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mark Ruffalo was apparently pretty salty about the prospects of a solo Hulk movie putting the blame solely on Universal.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

I hope they have Thanos as philosophical. Also it would be cool if he didn't die. Or if he did and was the first MCU character to come back to life.

I would prefer more Starlin aspects than Hickman but porque no los dos?

Lightning Lord fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Jul 16, 2017

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.

Lightning Lord posted:

I hope they have Thanos as philosophical. Also it would be cool if he didn't die. Or if he did and was the first MCU character to come back to life.

Clark Gregg waiting for the movie side to recognize that television exists...

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
They could end it with him being encased in amber like at the end of Infinity.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

GLOSS posted:

Clark Gregg waiting for the movie side to recognize that television exists...

I did actually forget about that.

First villain then.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

muscles like this! posted:

Mark Ruffalo was apparently pretty salty about the prospects of a solo Hulk movie putting the blame solely on Universal.

What does Universal have to do with Hulk?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

zoux posted:

Universal has the rights to any solo Hulk movies, but not team-ups.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

zoux posted:

They have a deal where they have to sign off on any solo movies and apparently they aren't interested in doing it.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Universal specifically has first distribution rights, but not production rights to the Hulk. So Marvel is allowed to produce any content they want with the character, but any project that counts as a 'Hulk movie,' however that is defined, is given to Sony to distribute and that doesn't fly with Disney. So I think the impasse comes equally from the Disney side, as always because of money.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bobkatt013 posted:

That promo is one of my earliest memories

"$1.50 per minute will be added to your phone bill."

I often forget how loving expensive phone calls used to be.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

They have a deal where they have to sign off on any solo movies and apparently they aren't interested in doing it.

When and how did they get those rights?

There needs to be an Act of Congress returning all Marvel character rights back to Marvel Studios for the good of the nation. I saw Homecoming today and bcause this is the first time we can directly compare an MCU movie version of a character to another studio's version, it just shows how much better Marvel gets their own characters.

I mean, I liked the other two franchises but this was just such a superior version to two other pretty good versions, it's ridiculous.

zoux fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Jul 16, 2017

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Marvel sold them, like any of the others.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Marvel sold them so they could claw their way out of bankruptcy and not be sold off and sliced up like a pie. Those now lovely deals are what saved the company.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Rhyno posted:

I still have bruises from the first month I discovered the Nintendo hint line and my dad opening the phone bill.

You kids with your unlimited minutes that you don't even use and your internet telling you exactly what Deborah's Cliff means.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Lightning Lord posted:

I did actually forget about that.

First villain then.

Ahem.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Marvel sold them so they could claw their way out of bankruptcy and not be sold off and sliced up like a pie. Those now lovely deals are what saved the company.

I knew about all the sales to Fox and Sony, I had no idea about Universal. Did they only buy the Hulk?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

zoux posted:

I knew about all the sales to Fox and Sony, I had no idea about Universal. Did they only buy the Hulk?

Hulk, Namor and like, Man Thing maybe?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
The Ego story still cracks me up. I can't get over the idea of all the Marvel execs and Fox execs or whoever gathering in a conference room to trade characters like Pokemon cards.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

The man you love to hate.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

I don't.

That X-Men line they used to have splash pages for in the comics ruined a good month for me when my parents got the phone bill.

This one:

X-O fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Jul 16, 2017

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Having watched and enjoyed Homecoming I got into a discussion with my friend about how they would make a Thunderbolts movie work since they have Zemo, and presumably the post-Infinity world will be shook up.

My suggestion was to have Vulture replace Beetle as Mach 1; technology based flier who is surface level villainous but has an underlying sense of duty. Zemo assembles the TBolts as part of his revenge driven obsessions but as he deteriorates over the movie it's the job of Toomes to roust the team against Zemo and the finale is the three who properly wish to reform (Mach, Songbird, Atlas) vs the others. You could also have Tinkerer take on the Techno/Fixer role since he's already established in the MCU and has an established rapport with Toomes.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Sanschel posted:

Having watched and enjoyed Homecoming I got into a discussion with my friend about how they would make a Thunderbolts movie work since they have Zemo, and presumably the post-Infinity world will be shook up.

My suggestion was to have Vulture replace Beetle as Mach 1; technology based flier who is surface level villainous but has an underlying sense of duty. Zemo assembles the TBolts as part of his revenge driven obsessions but as he deteriorates over the movie it's the job of Toomes to roust the team against Zemo and the finale is the three who properly wish to reform (Mach, Songbird, Atlas) vs the others. You could also have Tinkerer take on the Techno/Fixer role since he's already established in the MCU and has an established rapport with Toomes.

But would they turn him black?

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I mean, sucks for him yes, but I'm not too chapped since I always thought he was one of the weakest parts of the movies anyway.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I hope they take a cue from the Infinity Gauntlet comic and end the movie with Thanos realizing the error of his ways and moving in with Hawkeye to live a quiet farmer's life.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

You caught me, I don't watch Agents, not out of dislike or anything I just haven't gotten around to it. I promise it's on my queue.

My point still stands, I really hope they don't have Thanos being a thuggish space tyrant. I would really like to see his philosophic side. I realize it's an action movie and all and I don't expect to see the likes of him ushering Captain Mar-Vell into the afterlife, but a few scenes highlighting that aspect of the character would be nice.

Lightning Lord fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Jul 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

They've talked about how Thanos is sort of the main character of Infinity War and that they know they have to put a lot of work into justifying why the story focuses on him. Whether they'll make good on that promise is yet to be seen.

edit: also, I had no idea Josh Brolin was this jacked

• Locked thread