Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm glad it's funny! if anyone isn't glad then send me a pm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Cavauro posted:

I support laughing forever at shortsighted and desperate WWE moves, which many folks here do, but i am not sure about its merit as a coping mechanism rather than the draw. it seems both of these types of poster exist and i would like to make it clear that no one deserves A harm from this company or others (not outing anyone, send me a PM if you need to talk to anyone about it)

tell You what, if i made anyone feel unduly targeted, i apologize. the vagueness of my message is solely to avoid specifically pointing out the particular diction used in a previous post in this discussion which i've found to be a common warning sign. i will say that it caught my eye and you don't have to deal w it alone.
How many drugs and/or beer are you on right now?

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
This thread and the WWE discussion thread is getting weird.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Gorn Myson posted:

Rebuild someone like Bayley as the lovable, relatable underdog and boom a Wrestlemania match that makes sense. Something like that will never happen though because there is no appetite in WWE to get someone like that over, theres no intelligence to know how to cleverly book a build up like that, and theres just no talent whatsoever to write it and make it compelling in any meaningful way.
I figure they'd have to pair her with someone like Asuka who can work really stiff and look like a killer. Bailey can draw face heat obviously but there's no way people would buy her going over.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I guess Bayley's been on RAW too long cuz I forgot how to spell her name

DarkstarIV posted:

Huh? If you are talking about what I said in my post, I'm not depressed or anything. Just find it really funny that WWE is bragging about the Womens Revolution, and they may planning to give it to someone who isn't even signed with the company.
They 100% would have put over Kota Ibushi at the CWC if they were confident he'd sign a contract as a result. Same logic applies here

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

cavauros a good dude shoutout to cavauro

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Are you guys just now noticing his gimmick?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

Are you guys just now noticing his gimmick?

Every week there's at least 2 people who keep falling for it anew. It's honestly impressive

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Give Ronda Bayley's gimmick

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

oatgan posted:

Donald Trump

I think becoming the most powerful man on Earth kinda overshadows his prior celebrity presence maybe just a bit?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

oatgan posted:

cavauros a good dude shoutout to cavauro

he loving sucks

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

drat...

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Basic Chunnel posted:

I figure they'd have to pair her with someone like Asuka who can work really stiff and look like a killer. Bailey can draw face heat obviously but there's no way people would buy her going over.
Its wrestling. Its fictional. When booked properly, people will buy it.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Who would win in a shoot fight Brock Lesnar or Braun Stroman

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I dunno what Shayna's actual sexual orientation is nor do I really care but my favourite Wrestling stan Twitter reaction to her going to the finals in the MAE YOUNG Classic is intense homophobia.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

rovert posted:

I dunno what Shayna's actual sexual orientation is nor do I really care but my favourite Wrestling stan Twitter reaction to her going to the finals in the MAE YOUNG Classic is intense homophobia.

IDK much about Shayna personally but that's just a stereotype of female atheletes in some circles. It's dumb.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Jessamyn Duke was with Shayna at the APW Cow Palace show, not sure if that means anything. Who the gently caress cares anyways she's a good wrestler, I hope she tracks down some Twitter trolls and beats their asses.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Shayna's sexual orientation has always been Shaynasexual.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I'm the disapproving redneck mom in the bottom left corner.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
That guy in the background has a huge beard

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
im fine w/ shayna winning to get ronda AS LONG AS it gets us rusev beating up travis browne somehow

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
i am shocked, confused, and appalled that Shayna is wrestling with the four horsewomen looking on, and am -really mad- that ronda is going to pee on the women's championship before throwing it in the trash can to kick off summerslam and lead to a survivor series match between both sets of horsewomen. i hate them using shayna's very public past and famous associations to get her to look like a big deal to anyone not paying attention to the indies, too.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

i am shocked, confused, and appalled that Shayna is wrestling with the four horsewomen looking on, and am -really mad- that ronda is going to pee on the women's championship before throwing it in the trash can to kick off summerslam and lead to a survivor series match between both sets of horsewomen. i hate them using shayna's very public past and famous associations to get her to look like a big deal to anyone not paying attention to the indies, too.

:agreed:

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

i dont know who shayna is and i dont care about any of this bullshit

i hope shes fun to watch if shes getting all the way to the finals

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

she is decent and cares more about wrestling than poser bayley and nearly everyone else signed

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

but does she care whether other women care about wrestling? this is important

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

looking up which one is good on wikipedia before i answer

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Shayna is a wrestlelady who is friends with Ronda Rousey and also maybe a lesbian/bi-lady so people like to chuck a tanty over her.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

Every week there's at least 2 people who keep falling for it anew. It's honestly impressive

cavauro's a draw, brother.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

That guy in the background has a huge beard

Holy poo poo is that Rowan

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Wouldn't the obvious payoff be 4HW vs 4HW? Like, I don't know about Duke, but they clearly want Ronda to wrestle, Baszler already does, and it's not a stretch for Marina, I don't think, given she's already done angles with the company.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Cavauro posted:

tell You what, if i made anyone feel unduly targeted, i apologize. the vagueness of my message is solely to avoid specifically pointing out the particular diction used in a previous post in this discussion which i've found to be a common warning sign. i will say that it caught my eye and you don't have to deal w it alone.

If you have a concern, PM the person to ask them about it. If they don't have PMs, PM me or use the report button to address your concerns. No need to post about it in thread, especially if it necessitates being vague.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the co-primary goal of my reaching out was to offer a helping hand of support to the general population, but i will keep that good posting etiquette guideline in mind and not clog up the wrestling threads with mostly off-topic personal concerns. My mistake! won't happen again after this'n.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

bradzilla posted:

I think becoming the most powerful man on Earth kinda overshadows his prior celebrity presence maybe just a bit?

When they had him he was in the midst of his (second? third?) career resurgence and had enough pull that the Lashley/Umaga match went on early so as not to interfere with the episode of The Apprentice airing on NBC that night.

He may not have been at his peak in retrospect but he certainly wasn't on a downturn and you find me anyone in 2007 that would have come close to predicting Trump hitting anything higher than where he was at that point.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Gaz-L posted:

Wouldn't the obvious payoff be 4HW vs 4HW? Like, I don't know about Duke, but they clearly want Ronda to wrestle, Baszler already does, and it's not a stretch for Marina, I don't think, given she's already done angles with the company.
That might be the obvious one, but the realistic one would be Stephanie embarassing Rhonda somehow to get her heat back from wrestlemania a few years back.

Jerusalem posted:

If you have a concern, PM the person to ask them about it. If they don't have PMs, PM me or use the report button to address your concerns. No need to post about it in thread, especially if it necessitates being vague.
He is gimmick posting, friend.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

Cavauro posted:

she is decent and cares more about wrestling than poser bayley and nearly everyone else signed

This.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

what's this poo poo about Enzo getting kicked off a bus by the Big Dog I'm hearing about

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

DLC Inc posted:

what's this poo poo about Enzo getting kicked off a bus by the Big Dog I'm hearing about

enzo got jacked off on a bus by roman reigns

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

DLC Inc posted:

i've got exclusive footage

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Roman Reigns jerked Enzo off!

The bus!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

MotU posted:

im fine w/ shayna winning to get ronda AS LONG AS it gets us rusev beating up travis browne somehow

Rusev making Travis Browne tap would be worth it.