Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

fknlo posted:

The server probably had them punching you in the head as you rounded the corner therefore never getting a shot off.

That's what I figured but I was awarded points for doing damage during the round so v:v:v

Schneider Inside Her posted:

For whatever reason when I tried to play today it was so laggy as to be unplayable. Dunno why but hopefully I can sort it out because this game is fun as hell.

When his happens on NA I go South America and it's generally fine. I honestly can't tell the difference playing from the East Coast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

https://clips.twitch.tv/HomelyTallStarBleedPurple

told some guy to press f in the car

and he did lol

badCombina
Jun 6, 2013

You're the DJ of this gig!
Did they up UMP droprate. Or did i just imagine that they nerfed it sometime ? Because I'm finding it everywhere 😮

Myrmidongs
Oct 26, 2010

Chard posted:

My Logitech G930s are dying. I love these things but what is one level up from that headset?

Honestly? Gaming headsets are a turd sandwich the whole way around. Get a nice pair of headphones and either an Antlion Modmic or a Vmoda Boompro. It's a bit more expensive that route, but you end up with better quality headphones that you can use for other stuff, and a better quality mic that isn't permanently bolted on.

I like Sennheiser 598's. Either the open back or closed back version.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

Myrmidongs posted:

Honestly? Gaming headsets are a turd sandwich the whole way around. Get a nice pair of headphones and either an Antlion Modmic or a Vmoda Boompro. It's a bit more expensive that route, but you end up with better quality headphones that you can use for other stuff, and a better quality mic that isn't permanently bolted on.

I like Sennheiser 598's. Either the open back or closed back version.

Alternate opinion - You need a headset to use open mic without being a noisy rear end in a top hat.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

cosmicjim posted:

Alternate opinion - You need a headset to use open mic without being a noisy rear end in a top hat.

Yeah the noise canceling on some of the better headsets is really nice. They clearly pick up your voice and not the music your wife is listening to, the ceiling fan, or your dog farting.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Yodzilla posted:

Yeah the noise canceling on some of the better headsets is really nice. They clearly pick up your voice and not the music your wife is listening to, the ceiling fan, or your dog farting.

If that's your concern don't buy omnidirectional mics.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
Or own a mechanical keyboard.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

cosmicjim posted:

Or own a mechanical keyboard.
This is the biggest peeve for me. I played in the 360 era of these fuckers so I can did with background noise up to a point.
But TAPATAPATAPATAPDUDUDUDU ham-fisting mechanical keyboards. Or even better ham-fisting speed-slam typing on a lovely wooden desk that thumps about. :argh:

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Motorcycle physics make you feel like some sort of wizard:
https://streamable.com/m9vhe
https://streamable.com/ty1xv

Myrmidongs
Oct 26, 2010

Yodzilla posted:

It can also be solved through free software easily with a gate and / or noise suppressor. It's hardly a killer feature on hardware.

E:

Just because I'm a tremendous sperg, I'm going to adapt a tutorial I wrote up if anyone is actually interested in what the hell I am talking about.

Ignore the part about MusicBee in the picture, it leftover from the original tutorial.

tl;dr
This program has built in mic compression and gating. If you really want to go down the rabbit hole, it also has virtual ASIO patching, allowing you to use a VST host to add all sorts of other filters.

Voicemeeter Banana
Voicemeeter Banana is a free software audio mixer console for Windows. If you like it, they just ask that you donate money to them.
I am not affiliated with the creators in any way shape or form.
For more information and to download, click here

I am not responsible if you gently caress poo poo up. If you don't like reading, please go on Youtube and find one of many tutorials. I highly suggest reading this whole thing before starting any part of the process, and looking at the picture I have provided. If you can even understand a tiny bit, you will be fine. If you have no idea what the poo poo any of this is, you probably shouldn't do this.

By default, not much is configured in Voicemeeter Banana. That's because every system is going to be a little bit different based on hardware are user needs and preference. I am going to be walking you through configuring and understanding several parts of Voicemeeter. I've used MS Paint to splice some screenshots and diagram as much as I know to convey on what is happening as a visual reference aid.

Step 1: Configure Voicemeeter Hardware Output
The first time you launch Voicemeeter Banana, not a whole lot of anything will be happening. And by not a lot, I mean pretty much nothing. In fact, we are going to make it do less.
Click every A1 A2 A3 B1 or B2 button such that they are no longer cyan / blue.

You need to look in the UPPER RIGHT of Voicemeeter at the flashing text that says Select Main Output Device. Select A1 and choose your speakers or headphones or whatever you use along with the WDM Codec for them respectively. Most systems are going to use WDM. If you notice a lag / stuttering later (it will be VERY noticeable), change to MME. Voicemeeter allows for three different hardware outputs corresponding to A1 through A3 respectively.

Step 2: Configure Windows Output
RIGHT click the speaker icon in your system tray and select Playback Devices. Scroll down until you see VoiceMeeter Input. Select this and set it as your default playback device.

Step 3: Route VAIO to A1
Slightly right of the center of Voicemeeter the panel you will see will the Voicemeeter VAIO and Voicemeeter AUX strips. On the VAIO panel click A1 so that it is lit up. Voicemeeter is now routing all audio being input to VAIO to whatever hardware you set as A1 in step 1.

If no sound is playing, click Menu and click Restart audio engine and / or restart any video / music / whatever is currently going.

Step 4: Start Voicemeeter on boot
To get Voicemeeter to launch after booting, click the Menu button in the top right and select System Tray (Run At Startup)

Step 5: Mic setup
Voicemeeter has room for three hardware inputs. Select any of the three strips on the left hand side, and choose your mic with the WDM codec. Click the B1 button to route the mic to that output.

I'm going to take a step back right here because some people might be scratching their head. Why are we routing to B1 and not A1. Remember that A1-A3 are strictly HARDWARE OUTPUT. B1 and B2 correspond to VIRTUAL INPUTS. These virtual inputs are shown under recording devices in Windows. Similar to how we did earlier, we need to tell Windows to use one of these as our primary recording device now. RIGHT click the speaker icon in your system tray and select Recording Devices. Scroll down until you see VoiceMeeter Output. Select this and set it as your default recording device.

If you click to route a hardware input to a hardware output, you will end up effectively having monitoring.

Step 6: Extra mic goodies
You may have already noticed, but on the hardware input strips, Voicemeeter includes pots for a Compressor and a Noise Gate. Feel free to play with these and figure out what works for your mic and system.

Above the pots is an equalizer to add more mid / treble / bass, as well as reverb to your mic. Just drag the dot around. Right click the equalizer to also access a modulator panel, as well as a panning panel.

Step 7: Configure your other programs
Pretty much any program you have that lets you choose what device your Mic actually is now needs to be set to use Voicemeeter Output (ALSO KNOWN AS B1). Otherwise you are still using the mic as it is default in Windows and all of this poo poo was for nothing.

Myrmidongs fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jul 15, 2017

Jeesis
Mar 4, 2010

I am the second illegitimate son of gawd who resides in hoaven.
It is nice that they are adding all these new features/guns/clothes and making a new map. So how about those performance/lag/geometry issues that have been the same since its launch :smug:

Also, Is there a SA group for this game someone can point me to?

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

There's a discord in the OP, I can usually get games pretty quickly on there

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

discord is garbage

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

I will be taking down the discord shortly and creating a ts3, please stand by.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

VulgarandStupid posted:

I will be taking down the discord shortly and creating a ts3, please stand by.

Wrong choice, we should all be using shortwave radios.

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

if you're gay and want to be gay with me

Q -> Toggle between primary weapons
Zeroing -> Announces what zero ur at

code:
Settitlematchmode 3
#IfWinActive ahk_exe TslGame.exe
SetFormat, float, 0

zeroing := 1

q::
	Toggle := !Toggle
	If Toggle
		Send 1
	else
		Send 2
	return

LWin::
	Send {Alt}
	return

^~WheelUp::
	if (zeroing < 5) {
		zeroing++
		DllCall("winmm.dll\PlaySound", AStr, zeroing . ".wav", uint, 0, uint, 1)
	}
	return

^~WheelDown::
	if (zeroing > 1) {
		zeroing--
		DllCall("winmm.dll\PlaySound", AStr, zeroing . ".wav", uint, 0, uint, 1)
	}
	return
Sound files: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7Rn5CDvssqCTmdtV0kwbnpqcGc

put it in the same folder as the ahk script

Bobbin Threadbear fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jul 16, 2017

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

Heres the settings to change your mouse wheel from the garbage weapon switching to something a real man with a beautiful russian mail order bride uses

OPEN: %localappdata%\TslGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor.ini

in the "CustomInputSettins=" line there are 4 things to edit

IF YOU WANT TO ONLY REMOVE WEAPON SWITCHING, CHANGE THESE LINES
(YOU MUST BIND SOMETHING TO THESE ACTIONS, OTHERWISE THE GAME WILL NOT LET YOU EDIT ANY KEY SETTINGS IN GAME)

(ActionName="NextWeapon",Keys=((Key=MouseScrollUp),(Key=Gamepad_DPad_Right)))
(ActionName="PrevWeapon",Keys=((Key=MouseScrollDown),(Key=Gamepad_DPad_Left)))

change Key to P or O or something out of the way.

IF YOU WANT YOUR SCROLL WHEEL TO CHANGE ZEROING CHANGE THESE LINES

(ActionName="IncreaseZeroing",Keys=((Key=PageUp)))
(ActionName="DecreaseZeroing",Keys=((Key=PageDown)))

Change the PageUp and PageDown to MouseScrollUp / MouseScrollDown

Heres my config if you want to be lazy: https://pastebin.com/4yW9cCXA

It changes:

Mouse4 / Mouse 5 -> Lean left/right
E -> change weapon fire mode
Ctrl + scroll up -> Increase zero
Ctrl + scroll down -> decrease zero
v -> hide UI

change any keybindings you dont like

Bobbin Threadbear fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jul 15, 2017

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

the gently caress is this poo poo

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

It's discord poo poo, ugly

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Reposting my AHK+Nircmd thing to mute all the sounds in the game without muting Discord or anything else cause it owns:

1. First you download nircmd.

In my example C:\Command\nircmd.exe would be where you put the original exe but it works wherever if you name the things following accordingly. Make a shortcut of that exe and then edit the target of the shortcut to C:\Command\nircmd.exe muteappvolume focused 2. Where C:\Command\nircmd.exe is the location of the original exe file. I called the shortcut to that exe Mute or Unmute Focused.lnk

2. Now activating that shortcut exe will toggle mute on or off for just the active window. Then I just made an Autohotkey script that contains:

^+m::
Run "C:\Command\Mute or Unmute Focused.lnk"
return

Which is Ctrl+Shift+M but you can change it to whatever you want by editing ^+m part with the symbols/button you want, see below. The part in the quotes is the nircmd shortcut location I'm using as above.

3. Now pressing that hotkey mutes whatever the focus window is and unmutes it if it's muted. I also bound it to a button on my mouse. In PUBG it mutes the game sound so the shooting in lobby and the super loud plane while you can still listen to the dulcet tones of goons in Discord.

! is Alt
^ is Control
+ is Shift
# is Windows key

Xachariah fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jul 15, 2017

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

a script that emails your worst stats to family members and then uninstalls the gam.e

Lysandus
Jun 21, 2010
Always take the S12.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvOUvUrgUtA

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

Would I get much of a performance increase upgrading from a GTX 1070 from a GTX 960? Also, would going from 8GB to 16GB RAM help at all? I already have the game installed on SSD.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Its still a beta, wait for the full release to upgrade your pc for this game

Also, ask the pc building thread in hardware and software, those guys are gunna know a lot more than people here

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

bromplicated posted:

Would I get much of a performance increase upgrading from a GTX 1070 from a GTX 960? Also, would going from 8GB to 16GB RAM help at all? I already have the game installed on SSD.

Going from 8 to 16gb helped me a lot in terms of now I dont ever have issues with buildings not loading on landing and the game does load and run quicker for me in menus and getting into the lobby, can also run it on higher settings than before.

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Well, I'm a ghost. I scare people. It's all very important, I assure you.

Had an awesome solo round. Dropped in Rohzok, motorbiked around towards the east side of the map, looted a Groza from a crate. Circle went from 70/30 split between north/south island to definitely-south-island so I had to swim from west of Mylta (around where those cliffs start) to the beach on the southern island -- as did about half a dozen other people. Someone was right behind me the whole time but for some reason they slowed down near the end and I just barely got my feet on the ground first. The beach turned into a loving warzone, I killed 2 more people making an early break for the forest, then ended up dodging in/out of the water for another minute or two while someone from the woods tried to kill me. He buggered off, I managed to make it off the beach and into a bush. The circles were pretty good to me after that, and I managed to score 4 of the top 10 kills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtpSqGVlYAs

Not the most exciting series of kills here but the whole drat round just felt loving good. The molotov was a terrible idea, but dammit I haven't gotten a molotov kill yet and I couldn't help myself.

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

yo goku you just got punked by Viss :(

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Snapes N Snapes posted:

yo goku you just got punked by Viss :(

Ya someone made the mistake of getting in my driver's seat, not going to name names.

Let me know how he does with my AWP.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
Anyone else verify that you can shoot at planes to force them to drop their packages?

I did it twice in two separate games and both times the plane released the package when I shot at it.

The giant bomb guys had it happen to them too.

I think it is a thing.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Can 75% of the circles stop spawning on military island thanks.

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

VulgarandStupid posted:

Ya someone made the mistake of getting in my driver's seat, not going to name names.

He got killed straight after by an Uzi.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Yodzilla posted:

Shotguns are hot bullshit now https://streamable.com/lorz1

This is the only thing that has ever happened to me when using a shotgun. Point blank hits, lots of blood, clearly on, damage registered because I see it at the end of the game but nope. I can tell that they don't work this way for everyone because I read the thread and play against people who use shotguns but god drat if they just don't do poo poo for me. I can see me hitting dead on in the replays but... never works.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Sultan Tarquin posted:

I go military base a good deal of the time and yeah it feels like there are a LOT of games ending there now which is fine by me.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Yodzilla posted:

I go military base a good deal of the time and yeah it feels like there are a LOT of games ending there now which is fine by me.

The last 4 rounds I played every single circle was military island, no matter where the initial plane spawned.

e: make that 5.

Sultan Tarquin fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jul 16, 2017

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Holy poo poo you're bad. Holy poo poo they're even worse

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Sultan Tarquin posted:

I've heard that circles favor where the most players are but that could just be some kinda rumor.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

VulgarandStupid posted:

in case anyone else wants to see the goon squad claim to fame on twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/159340624?t=06h53m26s

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

Xachariah posted:

in case anyone else wants to see the goon squad claim to fame on twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/159340624?t=06h53m26s

mmmmmm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Did they reset the MMR again? I'm getting kills in games regularly and that seems...wrong.

• Locked thread