Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

Doesn't really take much mental gymnastics to hate people who think that women and minorities are inferior, tbh. That's honestly pretty reflexive.

and yet you're incapable of citing when this occurred, so instead you resort to "well my D&D buddy says this person is racist" or "this person talked to this other person who might be racist" or "this entirely different person whom you've never heard of and neither has anyone else said racist things one time" in order to preserve the illusion that you're anti-racist heroes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I mean you can go watch all their youtube output if you want but I'm certainly not going to, I've seen plenty enough to know they're piles of shite and I have no desire to watch any more and I'm fine holding my opinion based on that.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Did that A Wife's Purpose lady really name herself after a dog movie?

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

I mean you can go watch all their youtube output if you want but I'm certainly not going to, I've seen plenty enough to know they're piles of shite and I have no desire to watch any more and I'm fine holding my opinion based on that.

so you admit you don't actually know they're racists; you just assume they are because you don't like them

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

so you admit you don't actually know they're racists; you just assume they are because you don't like them

No he's saying he has plenty of evidence that they are racists based on their prior output.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Quite possibly the literal opposite of what I said.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

Quite possibly the literal opposite of what I said.

nope, you said you've watched enough of them to know they're piles of poo poo but don't know when they ever said anything racist so you'd have to rewatch and you don't feel like it

you're pretending they're racists in order to feel better about yourself, own up

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Hey guys!

Man, I am in a rush but I just wanted to stop by real quick to mention that out of wedlock births, drug use, and violent crimes have increased exponentially in the African American community since the Civil Rights Act was passed. Just thought I'd point this out.

Welp, gotta go!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

nope, you said you've watched enough of them to know they're piles of poo poo but don't know when they ever said anything racist so you'd have to rewatch and you don't feel like it

you're pretending they're racists in order to feel better about yourself, own up

Why do you think I might have formed an opinion they are racist piles of shite based on watching a tiny fraction of their output?

What do you think the content of that tiny fraction of their output might have been?

Use your brain now.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

So I'm obligated to listen to every word a person has ever said before rendering judgement? That seems like, frankly, an impossible standard to achieve in a normal human lifetime. I don't even listen to every single word I say!

Or, rather than devote hundreds of hours to listening to their every single word, I can hear a clip like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdOgvdbl314

and extrapolate from there.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

Why do you think I might have formed an opinion they are racist piles of shite based on watching a tiny fraction of their output?

What do you think the content of that tiny fraction of their output might have been?

something you'd remember well enough to be able to point to, unless you're just pretending

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

WampaLord posted:

and extrapolate from there.

what i said

the ~constellation of beliefs~ sounds to be just that, a bunch of imaginary lines you drew in the sky

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If you want the cliffs notes you can just watch hbomb's piss ripping videos of them, they've got some choice extracts.

But no astonishingly I do not have a section of my head devoted to a bibliography of racist youtubers, they're all much the same to me, wordy, stupid, offensive.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

Didn't someone say that some moron said that the XY Eisenfall map was cool and good in a debate with Destiny? Isn't that it?

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

go into the other subforums and learn what mockery is

hint: it doesn't involve wanting the object of your mockery to come to harm; that's creepy and hosed up

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

OwlFancier posted:

wordy, stupid, offensive.

What three words can be used to describe Pissflaps?

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

If you want the cliffs notes you can just watch hbomb's piss ripping videos of them, they've got some choice extracts.

But no astonishingly I do not have a section of my head devoted to a bibliography of racist youtubers, they're all much the same to me, wordy, stupid, offensive.

sounds to me like you just hate them and can't figure out why, so you point me toward other people who hate them to explain it for you

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

go into the other subforums and learn what mockery is

hint: it doesn't involve wanting the object of your mockery to come to harm; that's creepy and hosed up

Yeah why don't we take a page from the Everest thread

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

sounds to me like you just hate them and can't figure out why, so you point me toward other people who hate them to explain it for you

Sounds to me you've already decided what you think and you're not actually going to look at any evidence because that might challenge it

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Wanna know why I hate PewDiePie? His fiverr "stunt" or "prank" or whatever you want to call it rubbed me the wrong way, because I am Jewish and he thought it'd be funny to post a video with "DEATH TO ALL JEWS" for millions and millions to watch and laugh about.

Is that enough?

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Okay. Then you can easily prove it. Simply go through all of their videos and conclusively prove they're not racist.

Or, you're just talking out of your rear end.

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
Hey guys please stop circumventing my ignore list by constantly quoting and replying to someone on it thanks.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Ratoslov posted:

Okay. Then you can easily prove it. Simply go through all of their videos and conclusively prove they're not racist.

you already know that that is impossible based on how d&d defines racist, e.g. "said one possibly racist thing, once, and even if they didn't they might have when no one was listening so YOU NEVER KNOW"

e.g. racism in d&d is very very very easy to prove but impossible to disprove due to how they define it

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

What's your point, anyway? That the alt-right youtubers aren't racist because some people in a forum are mean/because you said so?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I mean you don't need to listen to hbomb as amusing as he is, he quotes their videos so you don't have to do your own reading.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Lightning Lord posted:

What's your point, anyway? That the alt-right youtubers aren't racist because some people in a forum are mean/because you said so?

tbh i'm starting to wonder if d&d isn't all just gaslighting each other into believing the racist accusations toward outsiders

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

tbh i'm starting to wonder if d&d isn't all just gaslighting each other into believing the racist accusations toward outsiders

I notice you didn't respond to my question

WampaLord posted:

Wanna know why I hate PewDiePie? His fiverr "stunt" or "prank" or whatever you want to call it rubbed me the wrong way, because I am Jewish and he thought it'd be funny to post a video with "DEATH TO ALL JEWS" for millions and millions to watch and laugh about.

Is that enough?

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

you already know that that is impossible based on how d&d defines racist, e.g. "said one possibly racist thing, once, and even if they didn't they might have when no one was listening so YOU NEVER KNOW"

e.g. racism in d&d is very very very easy to prove but impossible to disprove due to how they define it

Really? Can you, perhaps, prove that? By say, making a thourough survey of D&D posts all the way back to the inception of the board proving this idea? I don't know if you've put in enough effort to make that assertion.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

No, we watch their videos or stuff like HBomberguy or Shaun who cite their videos. We just don't make annotations

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Lightning Lord posted:

he's upset this thread exists and derives pleasure from weakly trolling it

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I mean I'm gonna fess up that I have watched very very little of any of the people the thread makes fun of because my first introduction to them was through this thread and hbomb's videos and I found the quoted sections of their videos therein to be sufficiently abhorrent that I thought "hey wow these guys sound like enormous dickheads I don't think I want to sit through all their poo poo in full but boy some of the crap they come out with is just amazingly vile"

I tried watching the carlgon/kristi debate and it was just... painful. He's clearly an idiot who can't argue a point but is very definite that rape isn't a problem.

Sure it's not scientific but I'm not a scientist, I know what I like and what I don't and I definitely don't like these people based on what I've seen them say, and I've no inclination to trudge through their whole output in the hopes of changing that. What would be the point?

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jul 16, 2017

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
If the Rational stans insist on making GBS threads up the thread they could at least be entertaining, rather than patheticly tedious.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

i more get the feeling that you don't have enough problems in life or are just really really angry so you're looking for nazis to hate and can't find any, so you just find people you don't agree with and perform a series of mental gymnastics in order to justify hating them

Why do I end up reading so many of your posts in this thread?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Not enough problems in your life, presumably.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

OwlFancier posted:

I mean I'm gonna fess up that I have watched very very little of any of the people the thread makes fun of because my first introduction to them was through this thread and hbomb's videos and I found the quoted sections of their videos therein to be sufficiently abhorrent that I thought "hey wow these guys sound like enormous dickheads I don't think I want to sit through all their poo poo in full but boy some of the crap they come out with is just amazingly vile"

I tried watching the carlgon/kristi debate and it was just... painful. He's clearly an idiot who can't argue a point but is very definite that rape isn't a problem.

Sure it's not scientific but I'm not a scientist, I know what I like and what I don't and I definitely don't like these people based on what I've seen them say, and I've no inclination to trudge through their whole output in the hopes of changing that. What would be the point?

Some of them are so stupid and self-defeating that they're fun to watch. Carl is just poo poo for the most part. Also he's a 40-year-old high-school dropout if you haven't heard.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

obviously the former; apparently there's a map and some people say it's a lie and some other people say it isn't

and i'm supposed to take sides with one group based on that

You could always not be at total moron and watch the video in question.

I mean seriously, your logic here is "well, some people say one thing and some people say another thing, therefore there's no way to know which is right!" Like, I'm not even exaggerating, that is literally what you are saying.

edit: Like, referring to the map in question, Shaun and Jen are unquestionably correct. The guy who initially referred to the map (I believe Kraut and Tea?) just said "look at this map showing how much crime migrants commit!" and Shaun and Jen actually looked at the data points in the map and showed how the vast majority were nonsense for various reasons (such as stuff like an unintentional house fire being treated as criminal arson or a single crime being referenced multiple times).

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jul 16, 2017

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I miss the times when Blastphamous HD kept posting hilarious reaction videos every day. :c:

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Ytlaya posted:

You could always not be at total moron and watch the video in question.

I mean seriously, your logic here is "well, some people say one thing and some people say another thing, therefore there's no way to know which is right!" Like, I'm not even exaggerating, that is literally what you are saying.

if he actually watched any videos he wouldn't be able to keep up this excreable gimmick of schoolmarmishly lecturing the youtube mock thread about how it's impolite to mock youtubers, and that something awful is not the place to post insults or jokes at other people's expense. really dude just needs to get a sense of humor but until he does he's making it this thread's problem

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/BlakeMoody91/status/886313354423357441
This tweet thread is great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I don't get why people try to play peacekeeper, especially in threads like this one. This would be like if Pittsburgh tried to defend freepers in the Freep Mock Thread.

That's not even going into the point that we're well past the point where compromise in beliefs is an acceptable alternative in modern day society.

• Locked thread