Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

The finally loving did it. Super Sayian Nappa...has a Super Sayian Beard. Oh God, Heroes is both the worst and the best. Kind of what happens when you do a collectible game with a franchise that, while it does have like a ton character, only has like 20 or so that people give a poo poo about. Just every fanboy interpretation gets official representation. Every, single, one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ABallRelaxer
Jul 12, 2013

Tail didn't change though.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

ABallRelaxer posted:

Tail didn't change though.

Tails don't change, especially in Heroes. GT was the only time it ever happened, and even GT was inconsistent with it.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Aurora posted:

Goten and Trunks are both aware of SSJ3 after Goku powers up to stall Buu and Babidi

Crabtree posted:

How does being aware of it allow them to achieve and use the skill? Especially with its whole hard to pull off when alive deal?

Goku uses the last of his time to show it off in front of them before they entered the time chamber IIRC.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

StrifeHira posted:

Tails don't change, especially in Heroes. GT was the only time it ever happened, and even GT was inconsistent with it.

I really want to know if Trunks or Bra would be blue if they had tails. Like a doubt it but a giant light blue monkey amuses me for some reason.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Could Cell transform into an Oozaru? He's a Saiyan and he has a tail.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

-Fish- posted:

Could Cell transform into an Oozaru? He's a Saiyan and he has a tail.

Bonus: Zamoozaru

Comedy Option:

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

That was the most Krillin.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Kild posted:

Goku uses the last of his time to show it off in front of them before they entered the time chamber IIRC.

I actually checked before posting and that's not in the manga, so I didn't mention it :angel:

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Aurora posted:

I actually checked before posting and that's not in the manga, so I didn't mention it :angel:

hosed up if true

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL2ZNxjccPg

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
All I wanted from this ep was a good husbando/waifu team attack.

Thumbs up.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Covok posted:

The finally loving did it. Super Sayian Nappa...has a Super Sayian Beard. Oh God, Heroes is both the worst and the best. Kind of what happens when you do a collectible game with a franchise that, while it does have like a ton character, only has like 20 or so that people give a poo poo about. Just every fanboy interpretation gets official representation. Every, single, one.

This is actually Super Saiyan 3 Nappa, which is why his beard has grown out so much and his eyebrows are gone

They also did a SSJ3 Raditz, and yes, his hair gets even longer

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I'm glad we spent time on Krillin's development so he could get suddenly ringed out at the end of the third episode as a way to create forced tension. Nice.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Crosspeice posted:

I'm glad we spent time on Krillin's development so he could get suddenly ringed out at the end of the third episode as a way to create forced tension. Nice.

This but unironically.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Crosspeice posted:

Come on, Krillin's way far down the list of important characters at this point and he still did good work in this episode regardless. It would have been a million times worse if it was someone like Gohan.

Loved the way Krillin seemed to learn a thing or two from fighting Bacterian, also energy blast to prevent a ring out. Finally, I think all of the fighters who have natural flying abilities have been defeated so so much for that idea, idiots.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Gohan is a camper.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I'm glad to see next episode Goku is going to meet the child he always wanted.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

There is no purer love than that between Magetta and Botamo.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

why are we posting in spoilers the episode is out

That was a great way to handle Krillin, gets to do cool stuff and then eliminated by someone he shouldn't be able to touch but in a way that he wasn't just obviously overmatched

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

It's been while since I've seen the original Dragon Ball, but I remember the World Tournament matches in that. I'm glad Super is making a return to strategy-based fighting as opposed to who can fire the biggest energy beam.

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

IcePhoenix posted:

why are we posting in spoilers the episode is out

That was a great way to handle Krillin, gets to do cool stuff and then eliminated by someone he shouldn't be able to touch but in a way that he wasn't just obviously overmatched

Everyone probably hasn't seen it yet.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

well then they should go see it instead of reading the thread imo

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I agree with the World Tournament statement. This is the old school Dragon Ball that I liked all over again. I laughed multiple times this episode.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Man, Freezers really seem to have it in for Krillin.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

It depends on how long the Tournament goes on for. If it's for like 20 episodes, then we've got 17 episodes of Krillin sitting on the sidelines. Still, seeing his growth was cool, seeing him strut his stuff was cool, but I hope he didn't get ringed out way too early. Such is the nature of the tournament I guess.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
People gotta go anyway, it was either him or Tien realistically at this point.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Don't let Shin intimidate you, Krillin; that man is an incompetent pushover. Just put him in a headlock and noogie him into submission.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

this episode was fun but I'm really excited for next week

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhjamiz posted:

Don't let Shin intimidate you, Krillin; that man is an incompetent pushover. Just put him in a headlock and noogie him into submission.

He's probably freaked out because Shin's face looks exactly like 18's.

bondster
May 6, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

this episode was fun but I'm really excited for next week

Yea this episode was entertaining and invoked a lotta old Dragon Ball but man that preview for next week got me so pumped.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

No one liked Vados loving with Champa? I thought was funny, their relationship is a lot funnier than Beerus and Whis's

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Also, Goku just grinning about fighting strong guys in response to Zeno's mass murder confirms as far as I can tell that this tournament will be played straight, no interruptions.

Also lol at Frieza being the only one to go "Dude that's hosed up".

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

Carlosologist posted:

No one liked Vados loving with Champa? I thought was funny, their relationship is a lot funnier than Beerus and Whis's

I noticed Vados still seems to care about Champa's well-being despite the fact that she won't be erased. On the other hand, Whis isn't bantering with Beerus, and is more than a little happy about the opportunity to be free of him.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
I was hoping krillin was gonna fart like in db but that was equally as good

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!

Rhjamiz posted:

Also, Goku just grinning about fighting strong guys in response to Zeno's mass murder confirms as far as I can tell that this tournament will be played straight, no interruptions.

Also lol at Frieza being the only one to go "Dude that's hosed up".

excuse me, Frieza said "That's hosed up AND he's cute & friendly? THAT'S hosed up."

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Freezas reaction also makes it seem lile he will be sticking around for a while. Which I like. I really need Cell to show back up to interact with everyome, just give him a form with no spots.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Tournament is over guys. Magetta just got himself an invincible pair of headphones.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Lupus Rufus posted:

excuse me, Frieza said "That's hosed up AND he's cute & friendly? THAT'S hosed up."

Frieza being pissed at Zen'o for not behaving like a self respected villain reminded me of that time Mr. Burns got pissed at the millonaire that everyone liked.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

lezard_valeth posted:

Tournament is over guys. Magetta just got himself an invincible pair of headphones.

Time for them to get Mafuba'd off the stage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Darko posted:

Gohan is a camper.

You mean Frost.

Which I'm completely ok with. I hope we get more of him knocking stray fighters off and going SHAZAM before anyone else can retaliate.

• Locked thread