Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

DaveKap posted:

Is it just me or is every scene with Bobby supposed to have him getting really emotional?

Yeah probably, but I can't really tell because it's hard to see through the tears in my eyes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tikifire
Jun 22, 2006

Would you like to touch my monkey?

kaworu posted:

Also I bet that food he was eating smelled godawful - note how Truman was immediately like "Bobby, open a window."

Donuts and coffee smell good. Microwaved hungry man trays smell like crap and only people like Chad eat them anyway.

Lynch is on record as hating the smell of cooked food in his house. He claims it leaves a film on everything he's working on and hates it. I think this is a bit of that seeping into Twin Peaks.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

egon_beeblebrox posted:

I hope Big Ed literally fist fights Evil Cooper to death. Or Albert and Constance get married. Both at the same time maybe.

I hope that Andy kills him by accident and then cries about it.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Wish I had a comfortable fabric chair and Ottoman, in red

Maelstache
Feb 25, 2013

gOTTA gO fAST

vivisectvnv posted:

anyways here is a ridiculous tpfwwm poster my friend found in Kiev

"I'm glad you're back, Agent Jefferies. Now lets you, me and Albert go and shoot some hoops together while you tell us of your experiences in the Black Lodge."

Just noticed Bowie has no legs either.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

CJacobs posted:

Part of that was due to Donna not even giving a poo poo because she inexplicably becomes a pretty bad character in season 2

I always liked S2 Donna, well, right up until the mystery is solved anyway.

It's a little abrupt (Given that it happens overnight) but I think her change from Donna into bad-girl Donna is one of the more understandably human moments the characters have. There's an interesting thread through the show about the 'kids' pretending to be something they're not. Donna, Audrey and Bobby all play act at being someone else and it never really works out that well. Also, I realised that outside of Cooper, Donna is the one who does the most legwork on the Laura Palmer case.

James stays James though because he's always been cool.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I don't get this meme

what's going on the image below

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
someone is half-sat half-laid on a sofa watching the show

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit

Kurtofan posted:

what's going on the image below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63VHeu5V0zA&t=20s

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Set to another Au Revoir Simone song

I don't know why they didn't make The Chromatics a repeat instead of them. Hell, I'd be alright with them being in every ep, but then you wouldn't have had the Trent Reznor song, which finally got me into Trent Reznor.

Heavy Metal posted:

That giant laughing investigator guy with Champ from Anchorman is great though.

I love all the really funny awkward pauses people have, like that one on the stairs with Lynch and the other agents.

I think his name is Big John? He's a comedian and a writer (and maybe a producer) on Bob's Burgers I think.

e 2:

The Unlife Aquatic posted:

I think it's a dark maroon. I used to have hair around that color and it would do the same thing.

remind you of anything

:thunk:

Shageletic fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jul 15, 2017

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
I'm actually really liking Au Revoir Simone and I never would have known about them if not for this show.

Of course, I am not your foot, so you could take that with a grain of salt.

Shonen Waifu
Jun 29, 2003

The Jerry scene has special meaning to me 'cos once in '92 or so my parents were out of town & I had the whole gang over (about 12 ppl) & we all dropped acid & at one point I was digging in to my shoe (while wearing it) with some sort of tool and explaining to my friends that I was expecting to find someone else's foot in there. We've all been there, Jerry.

e: poo poo maybe this shoulda gone in TCC

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Shageletic posted:

I don't know why they didn't make The Chromatics a repeat instead of them. Hell, I'd be alright with them being in every ep, but then you wouldn't have had the Trent Reznor song, which finally got me into Trent Reznor.

There are 10 episodes left. Plenty of time for them to perform "Cherry".

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Lynch has been namedropping Au Revoir Simone in interviews for over a decade. He mentioned them when I saw him during the Inland Empire screening tour. Dude just really likes the music.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
the best roadhouse music has been sharon van etten in my opinion

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

strap on revenge posted:

i listened to all of her albums the week after that episode. incredible.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

YancyQ posted:

There are 10 episodes left. Plenty of time for them to perform "Cherry".

Nine.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Bad news about those coordinates:

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/locations/bill-hastings-coordinates-south-dakota/

Unless Rhino is going to have a show there on the day of the finale or something. But for now they just put a nice fan of the show in danger of being shot by racist hillfolk.

Art Alexakis
Mar 27, 2008

And More posted:

Just out of curiosity, do you still believe that Cooper raped Diane and Audrey? Seems more likely to me that he hypnotised them.

I think its most likely that the rapist did not rape them, but rather hypnotized them. Seems very clear that the man who is possessed by an evil spirit that really loves raping people used some device (pocket watch swung like a pendulum?) to hypnotize them.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Art Alexakis posted:

I think its most likely that the rapist did not rape them, but rather hypnotized them. Seems very clear that the man who is possessed by an evil spirit that really loves raping people used some device (pocket watch swung like a pendulum?) to hypnotize them.

Cool, a rape joke.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

cis autodrag posted:

Cool, a rape joke.

They are responding to improbability of the theory put forward by the other poster in the post being quoted

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

CJacobs posted:

They are responding to improbability of the theory put forward by the other poster in the post being quoted

you can say "he", that's Art Alexakis of the band Everclear.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

cis autodrag posted:

Cool, a rape joke.

a good one, too

Art Alexakis
Mar 27, 2008

cis autodrag posted:

Cool, a rape joke.

Don't be such a dodo bird.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
Rape is great. (Read in Gordon Cole's voice.)

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Gave us chocolate cake

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

strap on revenge posted:

Agreed.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Data Graham posted:

Gave us chocolate cake

:wow:

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Apple Craft posted:

Rape is great. (Read in Gordon Cole's voice.)

AROUND THE DINNER TABLE, THE RAPE DISCUSSION IS LIVELY.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Art Alexakis posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXqCEz8m4aI

jtr
Oct 17, 2004

You've ruined the act, GOB.

I now predict The Return will end with Mr C. and a still Dougiefied Coop getting a car together and just driving of into the sunset.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Less than 12 hours until we find out what’s really going on in Twin Peahahahahahahahahahaha just kidding

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR GET RAPED

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Magic Hate Ball posted:

I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR GET RAPED

Was Sam Raimi writing that episode of Twin Peaks

quadpus
May 15, 2004

aaag sheets
This is so great, I can't believe I've never seen it before

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFMen60b6UQ

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I havent seen this in like a decade but youtube recommendations come through once again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7baCckh-XE

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Basticle posted:

I havent seen this in like a decade but youtube recommendations come through once again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7baCckh-XE

Thank you for saving the thread for me.

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

I still don't entirely belive Mr. C raped audrey. It seems like misdirection because he was there getting the owl ring from the nurse who pinched it off Annie, who is in the ICU that same time.

e: or maybe he got A LOT done in that ICU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Do we know for sure he got the owl ring? Can't recall ever hearing that mentioned.

And Doc Hayward mentions he came out of Audrey's room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
So I guess the mystery rich man is just Mr. C after all, not a new villain.

Escobarbarian posted:

Do we know for sure he got the owl ring? Can't recall ever hearing that mentioned.

And Doc Hayward mentions he came out of Audrey's room.

Presumably, because Dougie Jones had it last.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jul 16, 2017