Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Siegfried I'm gonna make you actually awesome and capable of murdering poo poo

I swear as your Master an' stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Tamamo Cat should stay sprawled out on the ground napping when she's stunned from using her NP. drat it.

worst game ever :mad:

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

a kitten posted:

Today i learned that just because you unlocked an interlude it doesn't mean you're actually ready for it. Sorry Martha, we'll need a few more levels before tackling your second one. :rip:

Don't worry, it could be worse. It could be Siegfried's (almost exactly the same as Martha's, except worse). Instead of the two 88k Evil Wyverns for the last wave of the last battle, it's a 162k Fafnir (preceded by a 72k Wyvern in the previous wave with two other low hp ones). St. George's is also arguably worse, for similar reasons (124k Great Dragon in the final wave).

Some of the interludes really are incredibly silly in how difficult they are, and there's no real rhyme or reason as to which Servants have hard ones. Some 5* Servants have easy ones, and some 1-2*s have ridiculously difficult ones. Of the ones currently accessible, special mention goes to D'eon's, with a goddamn 920k hp Ghost.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Are there any free missions or Daily Quests where I can kill [Wild Beast], Golems and Wyverns for this week's Master Missions?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
The subreddit r/grandorder is very good for that when they aren't memeing over their servant-wives:

quote:

Thanks to /u/Bobnotk and /u/dbull620 we have our Citrus for the week!

Fuyuki D x2 (4 Archer)

France Julia x1 (5 Werewolfs, 2 Wyvers=2 Rider), 1 Rider Enemy)

France Thiers x3 (6 Wyvern, 1 Zerker)

Rome Gaul x4 (3 Golem=3 Zerker, 2 Archer)

For a grand total of 74AP.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

W.T. Fits posted:

Are there any free missions or Daily Quests where I can kill [Wild Beast], Golems and Wyverns for this week's Master Missions?

Werewolves in Jula, Wyverns in La Charite, Golems in Gaul.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

MonsieurChoc posted:

I really liked the Interludes in general. The only ones I have left are the ones requiring lvl 2 Ascensions (Hercules, Emiya, Stheno).

REGEND*OF*THE*SAMURAI

I feel like Assassins and Berserkers get the best interludes. Stheno, Lancelot, Hassan and LEGEND are my favorites so far.

escape mechanism
Feb 12, 2012

I rushed blind into Lancelot's second interlude, and was greeted by a gauntlet of 3 ~150k servants.

I almost made it through by using all my command seals but the Romulus at the end hits very hard and finally defeated me with a few thousand HP left on him.

It's probably doable with more strategy but I'm happy to have found a fight that requires some thinking and isn't solvable by bringing more berserkers. (Although this made me realise the potential of a Hercules with his bond CE once I only had one servant left on the board)

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Part of me feels like I should still stockpile non-class Fou cards from Da Vinci, since those would be the only way to power up Mash and Rulers/Avengers/BB, even if I don't have servants in some of those classes yet. But at the same time you only need a handful before you max one out so I don't think you'd need a huge amount (as in emptying out the shop every time it restocks up until Mona Lisa comes out).

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

what is it with you people and the mona lisa ce

that things next to worthless

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Endorph posted:

Yeah, the only CE worth farming prisms for is the Lunchtime CE imo

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Endorph posted:

What if she's your waifu, though.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Grinding for the sake of of less grinding is never worthless.

Ultimately self-defeating and counterproductive maybe, but not worthless

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007

Pureauthor posted:

Can someone explain to me if there's any logic behind the Cavalry triangle? Because just intuitively it makes more sense to me that Casters can fire big fuckoff nuke spells that destroy Riders' mounts but would get wrecked by an Assassin sneaking up and sticking a knife in their backs before they can prepare a spell.

Riders tends to be commanders and either have an army or have Phantasmal Species mount to take on a Mage's territory. However, since they are often commanders, they are ripe for assassins to get assassinated, especially with all the investments that they often receive for doing so. Also with the proverb of 'shooting the general's horse to get the general'

Casters have wide variety of spells to detect and instant gib assassins (lack of magic resistances). Since there are some influence from DnD, rogue/assassins tends to have poor saving throws against mages, not to mention how invaluable the Mage's True Sight ability at dispelling illusions and invisibility like in Baldur's Gates series.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Randomzx posted:

Riders tends to be commanders and either have an army or have Phantasmal Species mount to take on a Mage's territory. However, since they are often commanders, they are ripe for assassins to get assassinated, especially with all the investments that they often receive for doing so. Also with the proverb of 'shooting the general's horse to get the general'

Casters have wide variety of spells to detect and instant gib assassins (lack of magic resistances). Since there are some influence from DnD, rogue/assassins tends to have poor saving throws against mages, not to mention how invaluable the Mage's True Sight ability at dispelling illusions and invisibility like in Baldur's Gates series.

I don't believe you.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

D'Eon's final interlude is a nasty surprise, and the best suggestion I can make for dealing with it is...

Gae Bolg!!!!!

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

SaffronKit posted:

D'Eon's final interlude is a nasty surprise

It does say recommended level 80 right there on the quest description.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
Well, that's 120 quartz and about 10 summon tickets dropped on the Gil banner, and only one 5* card (CE Heaven's Feel) out of the bunch. I think I've been spoiled by the drop rates in FIre Emblem Heroes and DBZ Dokkan Battle.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Randallteal posted:

Well, that's 120 quartz and about 10 summon tickets dropped on the Gil banner, and only one 5* card (CE Heaven's Feel) out of the bunch. I think I've been spoiled by the drop rates in FIre Emblem Heroes and DBZ Dokkan Battle.

That's too small a sample size.

Alternatively, I took your luck.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

NRVNQSR posted:

It sure does, and I was initially fairly wary of doing it, but everything except the final part of the quest is fairly straightforward for a team that just unlocked the interlude by completing Orleans. Hell the 2 initial waves before the final wave are all fairly straightforward for a team of 40s/50s servants before suddenly super spooky ghost.

But really all you have to do is bring Cu Chu and Gae Blog it till you get the instant kill.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

NRVNQSR posted:

Werewolves in Jula, Wyverns in La Charite, Golems in Gaul.

Bleh... I only just unlocked Mt. Etna. When do the Master Missions reset? I'm not sure if I'll have enough time to make it to Gaul, and it's gonna suck missing out on those four Quartz Fragments.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

W.T. Fits posted:

Bleh... I only just unlocked Mt. Etna. When do the Master Missions reset? I'm not sure if I'll have enough time to make it to Gaul, and it's gonna suck missing out on those four Quartz Fragments.

Midnight Sunday UTC, so 27 hours from now.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

NRVNQSR posted:

What if she's your waifu, though.

As someone who has NP2 Da Vinci on JPN, ehhhhhhh could be better.

NRVNQSR posted:

Or cheese it even more by just waiting for Shiki to be released for that insta killing :V

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Compendium posted:

As someone who has NP2 Da Vinci on JPN, ehhhhhhh could be better.

Or cheese it even more by just waiting for Shiki to be released for that insta killing :V

Why wait for Shiki when we have two Gae Golg users and Zabinaya right now?

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Her insta-kill rate is better than those two and is super effective on undead or ghost enemies which makes fighting those high HP types way easier.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
No luck for Arash, but I did unlock Emiya's second Interlude and his Noble Phantasm upgrade. He's such a mom.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

MonsieurChoc posted:

No luck for Arash, but I did unlock Emiya's second Interlude and his Noble Phantasm upgrade. He's such a mom.

So UBW upgrade is in the game? I ascended Altera to level 2, but her NP upgrade quest didn't show up. Is there any way to find out which upgrade quests are in the game right now?

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Trihugger posted:

So UBW upgrade is in the game? I ascended Altera to level 2, but her NP upgrade quest didn't show up. Is there any way to find out which upgrade quests are in the game right now?

Her NP upgrade quest is in Septum, so it should already be in the game. It also requires bond 4.

http://fate-go.cirnopedia.org/quest_interlude.php#nav

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Largepotato posted:

Her NP upgrade quest is in Septum, so it should already be in the game. It also requires bond 4.

http://fate-go.cirnopedia.org/quest_interlude.php#nav

Not all of the pre-Okeanos interludes are in the game yet. I know Tamamo Cat's isn't, nor is Phantom's. I don't think Ushiwakamaru's is either?

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

NRVNQSR posted:

Not all of the pre-Okeanos interludes are in the game yet. I know Tamamo Cat's isn't, nor is Phantom's. I don't think Ushiwakamaru's is either?

Bad civilization.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
My ticket today got me 5* regular Altria. On the one hand sweet because that's one less card I need to complete my FSN set. On the other hand my 1% luck also beat the 70% Gil chance I guess, gently caress.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Altera's 2nd interlude probably won't be in for a while, since the servants in it haven't been released yet.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

:getin:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I still have yet to use Arash or Andersen despite maxing out their NPs and ascending each once.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

I still have yet to use Arash or Andersen despite maxing out their NPs and ascending each once.

I have rolled every single Bronze Servant in the game, most of them to NP5, except for Andersen

loving gachas.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
When the Dango event hits what is the most efficient stage to farm?

I remember during JP release the first easy stage gave the most return for your AP spent because the game was crap back then.

Does the same problem plague the incoming Nero event?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Presumably we won't know until it hits, since as you say there have been a lot of changes since the events first appeared.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Vengarr posted:

Altera's 2nd interlude probably won't be in for a while, since the servants in it haven't been released yet.

This makes sense. Probably the reason for other servants missing their upgrade interludes too.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Trihugger posted:

This makes sense. Probably the reason for other servants missing their upgrade interludes too.

Tamamo Cat's has David but Phantom and Ushiwakamaru just fight a bunch of ghosts so who knows. Maybe they don't want upgraded NPs on those two yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ushi fights ghost *pirates*, which aren't in the game until okeanos