Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

veedubfreak posted:

Wow that sure is a long rear end list of broken stuff.

How dare you also forget Dehaka

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

How dare you also forget Dehaka

(originally posted on a vending machine)

e:

quote:

[Genji] It is possible for Genji to become stuck in a T-Pose.

This sounds like a feature :colbert:

BrianBoitano fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jul 15, 2017

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

dehaka isn't a bug, he is a precious puppy dog as is shown by carbot animations

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

SirSamVimes posted:

dehaka isn't a bug, he is a precious puppy dog as is shown by carbot animations

I'm pretty sure you will find he is actually a Yoshi.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

beejay posted:

There's this but it doesn't have the Nazeebo thing yet.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/heroes/topic/20755026014

No mention of how using Smoke Bomb under a turret/fort/keep will sometimes not drop Valeera off the structure's target list, so she'll continue getting hammered by buildings. Same for Nova's Ghost Protocol.

Also no mention of how vanish/smoke bomb no longer cancels Triple Tap on Valeera... again.

edit: I read through it and they do mention that "Towers and forts can continue to shoot heroes while they are Unrevealable." Well, it's nice that they are aware of that. Hopefully they'll become aware of the other stuff with Nazeebo and Valeera too.

Note Block fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jul 15, 2017

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Midnightghoul posted:

I'm really wondering about this contest considering the lowest prize is 100k winners and I've played to enter every day the last two weeks and not won either drawing

I haven't gotten anything either. I do recall some posts saying they won two prizes last week, and if that's the case then the total number of people actually winning stuff could be smaller than people are likely assuming.

Or the prizes are divided up among all regions, in which case lol.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Oh Snapple! posted:

I haven't gotten anything either. I do recall some posts saying they won two prizes last week, and if that's the case then the total number of people actually winning stuff could be smaller than people are likely assuming.

Standard RNG. It fucks those of us that need it and gives free poo poo to the people that don't.

I give up, I don't understand how its possible to rank up past bronze. I literally have top damage/objective goals every game but theres at least 1 or more retards on my team that don't even know how the game works. gently caress this bullshit.

veedubfreak fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Jul 15, 2017

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
I think this is when you become a "only Murky in QM" player.

Kusaru
Dec 20, 2006

I'm a Bro-ny!

Oh Snapple! posted:

I got two emails last week (for 50 and 5), but am pretty sure I "only" got the 50. I did win 5 boxes this week, too, though.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Grubby confirmed house Murky, he speaks the Murloctongue: https://clips.twitch.tv/ConcernedWanderingRatBloodTrail

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
So Tyrande is now starting to see a lot more play as an assassin with a huge ability damage shield using her level 4 heal talent. Countdown until that probably gets nerfed

example https://clips.twitch.tv/MoldyResoluteOcelotTBTacoRight

Midnightghoul fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jul 15, 2017

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
She already seems like an assassin since her rework. I've topped damage with her in more games than not since. I usually get the auto-attack reduces cooldown of heal talent though unless the other team has a lot of the things the latter two talents counter.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Libertine posted:

She already seems like an assassin since her rework. I've topped damage with her in more games than not since. I usually get the auto-attack reduces cooldown of heal talent though unless the other team has a lot of the things the latter two talents counter.

Don't only like 3-4 heroes do more AA damage than ability damage? I mean that's an exaggeration but it's likely at least 2/3 of enemy team's damage will be ability damage, since even "swing sword" abilities are usually spell damage.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Libertine posted:

She already seems like an assassin since her rework.

True but the point of this build is "try to never heal anyone else" to keep your ability power shield going

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

BrianBoitano posted:

Don't only like 3-4 heroes do more AA damage than ability damage? I mean that's an exaggeration but it's likely at least 2/3 of enemy team's damage will be ability damage, since even "swing sword" abilities are usually spell damage.

Raynor
Morales
???
???

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

BrianBoitano posted:

Yeah that's why I usually get the first talent.

Midnightghoul posted:

True but the point of this build is "try to never heal anyone else" to keep your ability power shield going

That seems selfish, dumb, and pointless. What is the argument in favor of that? Not trying to be rude I just don't get it at all. Also seems likely to really piss off your teammates.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Libertine posted:

That seems selfish, dumb, and pointless. What is the argument in favor of that? Not trying to be rude I just don't get it at all. Also seems likely to really piss off your teammates.

Because you're an assassin now? Never use Tyrande as a solo healer. And https://clips.twitch.tv/MoldyResoluteOcelotTBTacoRight. The talent loses most of its value if you spread the healing around. I guess you could use all the heals on a hyper carry but Tyrande pretty much is that hyper carry with Shadowstalk and Lunar Blaze

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Libertine posted:

Yeah that's why I usually get the first talent.

What? You just said you normally get the AA CDR talent. I'm saying the spell shield talent gets value in more situations than you'd think at first blush.

Libertine posted:

What is the argument in favor of that?

Libertine posted:

seems likely to really piss off your teammates.

hth :v:

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Libertine posted:

The point is to turn her into an AA assassin with constant self healing, a run speed buff, 60% Spell Armor, -25 Armor on whoever she's attacking and a stun. She's like Raynor on crack if you get it going.

It's going to be a terrible idea in QM where it means you're running an extra assassin vs a team with a real support.

It's a great idea in HL/TL if everyone is communicating and you pick up a second support, because nobody expects Raynor Cosplaying An Elf.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Toshimo posted:

Raynor
Morales
???
???

Tracer, Valla and maybe Artanis if twinblade strike doesn't count as spell damage. Since I'm pretty sure the dryad's poison doesn't count as AA.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Tychus for certain. Overkill is only on-par with the AA dps if he's focusing a single target, and grenade's actual dps is low. Minigun's HP shredding is technically ability damage, but because it's a shred, it doesn't actually get reduced by any form of armor, so while it falls into the "technically" category it also doesn't count.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Relentless posted:

It's going to be a terrible idea in QM where it means you're running an extra assassin vs a team with a real support.
I'm pretty sure Tyrande isn't considered a healer by the matchmaker.

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

Coolness Averted posted:

Tracer, Valla and maybe Artanis if twinblade strike doesn't count as spell damage. Since I'm pretty sure the dryad's poison doesn't count as AA.

Also Illidan, butcher, zuljin, most of zeratul, pilot dva, hammer, samuro, Sonya, falstad, tyrael, kharazim, Zarya (non grenade) and thrall

:goonsay:

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

Sindai posted:

I stand corrected, go hog wild!

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
That's like half the roster.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Paranoid Peanut posted:

Also Illidan, butcher, zuljin, most of zeratul, pilot dva, hammer, samuro, Sonya, falstad, tyrael, kharazim, Zarya (non grenade) and thrall

Don't Zeratul and Thrall follow-through count as ability damage? And no, Sonya is not more than 50% ability damage. Also, I'll be cold and in my grave before I switch off grenade-build Zarya :colbert:

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

Toshimo posted:

That's like half the roster.

16.5(pilot form dva)/66=25%.

(Technically correct is the best kind of correct.)

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Self-stun? Still the best ult :frogout:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvNnkjjCr8M

e: just noticed someone on my friend's list, who is silenced and whose status says "HL is cancer" :v:

BrianBoitano fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jul 15, 2017

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Someone please teach me how to play Alarak, because hoooooly poo poo I am not good with him except for random intervals when I rock face and I'm not sure what the hell I did.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Become A Good Alarak™ in three easy steps:

Swoop, Stab, Shock

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Power Bottom posted:

Become A Good Alarak™ in three easy steps:

Swoop, Stab, Shock

Beyond the combo, it's also worth practicing your lightning shots. Even though it's a targeted ability instead of a vector/skillshot, your main target isn't actually the one you click on. You want to hit people with the beam.

I've seen bad Alaraks who waste this ability all match long.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

p-hop posted:

Beyond the combo, it's also worth practicing your lightning shots. Even though it's a targeted ability instead of a vector/skillshot, your main target isn't actually the one you click on. You want to hit people with the beam.

I've seen bad Alaraks who waste this ability all match long.

I feel like a lot of the time it's extremely hard to setup the shot so there's a target to aim at behind them so they get hit with the middle of it... I really wish you could just shoot it at friendlies or something, just to make it a little easier. Seems like an E poke build on him would be INSANELY good if you can stay alive to build that Sadism and reliably catch people in the middle.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
So what's the 'ole build for the secret powerful Tyrande?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I'm kind of addicted to playing Tyrande right now. She puts out so much damage and having a stun and a vulnerability gives her huge utility.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Sindai posted:

She's healer-lite, so matchamking will try put her against Tassadar, Abathur and I think Zarya.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Tyrande is actually an AA assassin with a ranged stun who happens to have a heal.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Tyrande is a really well done hybrid-support.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

SirSamVimes posted:

Tyrande is a really well done hybrid-support.

Yeah. At this point they should just give up on Kharazim being able to go mediocre full support or mediocre DPS with a heal button, and give him the same treatment as Tyrande.

EdRush
Dec 13, 2005

by R. Guyovich
I was feeling like I was in the twilight zone with all you guys saying that Tyrande wasn't actually a bottom 5 character, that she is Actually Good, and saw she got some buffs this patch. I like the patch notes basically say "you idiots are still trying to play her as solo support?! ok i guess we have to buff her"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

So what's the 'ole build for the secret powerful Tyrande?

Most popular build I've seen:

1: Lunar Blaze. Free casts, increased range, huge damage - the other quests don't really compare here.
4: Pick appropriately to the enemy team. If they're stun-heavy, pick the anti-stun. If they're ability damage heavy, pick the spell shield. If they've just got gobs of raw damage from AAs, pick the cooldown reduction.
7: Darnassian Archery or Trueshot Aura. Mostly depends on how AA-heavy your team is - if you're the only one who relies on AAs, Darnassian is your best bet. If you have a teammate that's very AA-reliant (Hammer, Raynor, Greymane, ect), then take Trueshot Aura. Remember to activate it during teamfights for that doubled damage bonus!
10: Shadowstalk, all day erry day. Gives Tyrande a very reliable tool for both initiation and escape. Can be slammed in the middle of a teamfight for bonus DPS and therefore better healing output.
13: Quickening Blessing or Harsh Moonlight. Quickening is good for running people down for ganks, Harsh Moonlight can wind up throwing a 30% damage penalty on multiple enemy heroes if you've farmed up your bird appropriately.
16: My buddy swears by Overflowing Light, but I personally prefer Mark of Mending. Overflowing is good if you can stay on the backline, Mark of Mending makes you a better assassin/duelist because you now have sustain that isn't tied to dropping your heal on yourself.
20: Shooting Star or Iceblade Arrows. I personally prefer Iceblade Arrows because I'm a slut for Attack Speed and because stacking a 40% damage reduction with Harsh Moonlight's 30% damage reduction more or less completely neuters every hero in the game. However, Shooting Star's extra range and free stuns can come in handy if you're focusing on a support role.

Overall, it just depends on if you want to lean more towards Tyrande's Support nature or her Assassin nature. Support suggests that you take Trueshot/Overflowing/Shooting Star, while Assassin suggests you take Darnassian/Mending/Iceblade.