Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

Tim Burns Effect posted:

in the days before twitter a comedian would try jokes out in front of an audience and if it didn't land they would either change it or throw it away but now comedians :justpost: and if the joke is bad then annoying shitheads Online will debate about it forever and ever and ever

dude writes jokes for a living and sometimes they bomb and i don't see why we need to dismantle the DSA over this

nobody's saying this he's just not very funny hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/joanwalsh/status/886260915506741248

the whole thread is good stuff

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/smithsj/status/886377227356696576

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
The joke isn't at the rape victim. It's that someone is making an ironic joke as though someone would make a joke at a rape victim. It's not what you think it is at all. I laughed extremely hard at the notion of Nick mocking her going YOU WANNA KNOW HOW I GOT THESE EMOTIONAL SCARS?!

THAT joke is funny. An actual joke at a rape victim would not be. It's sad that either you can't tell the difference or you don't care what the difference is.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Apoplexy posted:

The joke isn't at the rape victim. It's that someone is making an ironic joke as though someone would make a joke at a rape victim. It's not what you think it is at all. I laughed extremely hard at the notion of Nick mocking her going YOU WANNA KNOW HOW I GOT THESE EMOTIONAL SCARS?!

THAT joke is funny. An actual joke at a rape victim would not be. It's sad that either you can't tell the difference or you don't care what the difference is.

It's possible to tell the difference, recognize that some (or you yourself) find it funny, and why others might not find it funny at all.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Saagonsa posted:

It's possible to tell the difference, recognize that some (or you yourself) find it funny, and why others might not find it funny at all.

Yeah, definitely. Comedy is 100% subjective; even the most inoffensive of jokes have their audience failures. I just wish people would stop turning jokes into crimes against humanity, though. Raping someone, for instance, kinda a big-deal crime. Making a joke about how it'd be funny if your silly magician act were actually The Joker from TDK, not as egregious on the scale of things that now encompasses rape.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Joementum posted:

Friend of the pod Jaime Kirchick wants to talk to people he thinks are maybe gay about Mishima

https://twitter.com/ConnorSouthard/status/886327637139968002

I honestly cannot tell if this bronze guy is real or some kind of parody of the alt-right

https://twitter.com/bronzeagemantis/status/844442208006758404
https://twitter.com/bronzeagemantis/status/883766453656268800

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
Bronze Age Poe's Law

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Mullen strikes me as funny in the same way as I laughed at pre-actual nazi 4chan. Funny but in a wrong way

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Apoplexy posted:

its a bad joke

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
Ralp victim. Heh

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Saagonsa posted:

actually it's important if i don't like or understand a joke that i and everyone i know scream it online forever and publicly disown everyone who laughed at it

Serf
May 5, 2011

felix has now referenced amelia bedelia twice on the pod

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Serf posted:

felix is a trans woman, how dare you insult her

yoober
Nov 21, 2010

Serf posted:

why is that notable
i was practically raised on amelia bedelia

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

yoober posted:

why is that notable
i was practically raised on amelia bedelia

It means he probably posts on the Amelia Bedelia forums.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Jonas Albrecht posted:

It means he probably posts on the Amelia Bedelia forums.
Cutting up a calendar to bake a date cake is a solid gag.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

I really like the fact that Felix is genuinely loving enormous

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Yes several

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Here's your body when the dork who is your seppuku second hasn't ever actually used a sword before and has trouble decapitating you.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Famethrowa posted:

its a bad joke

Yes, and the best jokes are the bad ones, to me. Now I want that card with RAPE written on it to somehow end up in a magician's deck on the street. "Was... THIS your card, Ma'am?! ... OH JEEZ"

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

i've got a full house, aces and rapes

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I would also watch soda machine youtubes

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
That episode loving rules. Heidecker sounded way more in a groove this time.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Given they're kind to whatever guest they get, I'd love to hear a DieselDucy episode.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
felix and virgil just talking about elevators with that guy for a full hour with no explanation or warning beforehand would rule

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Crane Fist posted:

If you are not jacked and tan and nude, you are not a good comrade.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Crane Fist posted:

wanna do the predator handshake with felix

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

Apoplexy posted:

So you're saying that the joke is that he mocked a rape victim.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

misadventurous posted:

So you're saying that the joke is that he mocked a rape victim.

it was definitely making fun of that and not her stupid post

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

https://twitter.com/woke8yearold/status/886419603974496256

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

who's the bowtie in the back?

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

He's David Tennant as Dr. Who.

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
It's you my bitch

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Its HG Wells

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Kunster posted:

He's David Tennant as Dr. Who.

Matt Smith, not tennant

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

i like that in addition to being emptyliberalpopculture.jpg, it's not even remotely well executed at all for what it is.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Barbe Rouge posted:

who's the bowtie in the back?

Skynet.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
Liberals are real and strong and they're my friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Doctor Who chat itt

I've enjoyed the twitter drama this morning involving the show. They made the next doctor female, nerds everywhere are angry.