Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

"Hey remember when we tricked SJWs into thinking that milk and the ok gesture are Neo-Nazi symbols?"
"Haha yeah"
"...Heil Hitler."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
the order of guys that use photoshop

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

An interesting observation I just had: often the alt-right and conservatives are just as easily "triggered" as the liberal snowflakes they make fun of.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 23 days!)

Wizard Master posted:

An interesting observation I just had: often the alt-right and conservatives are just as easily "triggered" as the liberal snowflakes they make fun of.

:thunk:

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Darkman Fanpage posted:

the order of guys that use photoshop
it looks more ms paint

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Wizard Master posted:

makes u thimk

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

makes \u think a bout a nice long hard member previously unthot about but secretly u always knew u wantd it mmMMMMMM

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://twitter.com/LauraLoomer/status/886399840820879360

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

first reply

https://twitter.com/SpoopyShitlord/status/886408555032698884

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
loomer is the lisa lampanelli of the alt right. she even has the same initials.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
those replies are why i'm pretty sure loomer and twink-boy's pinkwashed islamophobia ain't catching on

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
These people are extremely incapable of pretending they don't hate both.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
the alt-right espousing an even more violent and extreme homophobia than the religious right is also an indication that maybe religion isn't the root cause of it. now on the right, homosexuality isn't a sin anymore it's "degenerate" and a threat to western civ because of falling birthrates. how rational and secular!

though the religious right was, for awhile, pretty well organized, so i think that had an outsized impact on policy.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

the alt-right espousing an even more violent and extreme homophobia than the religious right is also an indication that maybe religion isn't the root cause of it. now on the right, homosexuality isn't a sin anymore it's "degenerate" and a threat to western civ because of falling birthrates. how rational and secular!

though the religious right was, for awhile, pretty well organized, so i think that had an outsized impact on policy.

I dont know about that. They sure love their transwomen and Milo is one of their 'guys'.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
milo is only their guy because he tells them its okay to say fag amd also loves daddy trump.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Darkman Fanpage posted:

milo is only their guy because he tells them its okay to say fag amd also loves daddy trump.

This is all true, but the alt-right still hates the LGBT less than the Freeper types who believe Sodom and Gomorra was a real thing and is about to happen again.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

I think an argument like "falling birth rates" arose out of the traditional marriage argument not holding water anymore with a lot of people in regards to SSM, so it splintered from the same religious homophobia even if it's identified as "rational".

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
[sotto voce] laura loser

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

I MEAN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JRLCBb7qK8

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
the alt-right has the self-awareness to realize that opposing gay rights openly would make them even less successful, and better, they can use their faux-support to concern troll for islamophobia, milo and such are simply instruments to excuse their behavior and help them on their rise to power

as soon as they're inconvenient, they'll be disposed of

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I just think the alt-right is simply younger and despite being awful regressive humans they're still more socially liberal than their predecessors

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
It's times like this I wish the freeper crowd had more power and was more relevant

having read freep for a few years, they hold zero modern appeal and only appeal to a subset of a subset of shitheads. they would keep the Republican party from gaining any support

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

*progressively floods chamber with gas*

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I think the only difference between freep and the alt-right is an unhealthy dose of Christianity and perpetual homophobia

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

i really do miss the days of just laughing at the extreme right instead of being like 'oh, do i seriously have to out meme these mother fuckers'

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

logikv9 posted:

I just think the alt-right is simply younger and despite being awful regressive humans they're still more socially liberal than their predecessors
well i dunno honestly. but you might be making a mistake in that while younger people are generally less regressive, that doesn't necessarily translate equally among all young people.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i go to 4chan and there will be threads with hundreds of comments about "why fags are degenerate." i mean it's still the same basic hatred, though different phraseology, but i think the difference is that the religious right specifically was a well-organized political network with a lot of money and that has cracked pretty badly. homophobia was being used (esp. around 2004) to drum up votes for bush.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
richard spencer still super-gay however so you might be right

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

i go to 4chan and there will be threads with hundreds of comments about "why fags are degenerate." i mean it's still the same basic hatred, though different phraseology, but i think the difference is that the religious right specifically was a well-organized political network with a lot of money and that has cracked pretty badly. homophobia was being used (esp. around 2004) to drum up votes for bush.

even in the case of 4chan they have a lot of gay visitors

it really is a culture clash between shitheads who hate gays vs gay shitheads who just want to hate others

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
homophobia is rooted in a psychosexual insecurity around masculinity, which is projected outwards through violence. it's that exact same insecurity that is cultivated by fascism & reaction, to justify its action and gain recruits. If the alt-right ever grows in size, it must eventually discard being even remotely 'gay-friendly' or whatever, because it contradicts itself by doing that. That the alt-right guys now are 'young' or come from liberal backgrounds is irrelevant, ideologies evolve and change according to their own rules and the social context they find themselves in.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

If you go to 4chan you also know they really like jerking off to Transwomen.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Brother Friendship posted:

i really do miss the days of just laughing at the extreme right instead of being like 'oh, do i seriously have to out meme these mother fuckers'

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 23 days!)

Montasque posted:

I dont know about that. They sure love their transwomen and Milo is one of their 'guys'.

They have sexual fixations on transwomen in a similar manner to the way slavemasters viewed slave girls as practice. They have value in terms of being a risk-free sexual outlet, but a cisgendered gay man has no sexual value - and being gay is degenerative to the glorious Western civilization. Pretensions of tolerance for queers is just a wedge issue that they try to use to stoke Islamophobia. It's not genuine, and you can see their open contempt for homosexuals in their web forums.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I'll check in on some of the SA offshoots from time to time. SASS, which went from only crypto-Nazi to full-blown Nazi in the past year, seems to follow the larger trends among the alt-right. The most generous view of homosexuality there is "I'll tolerate them if they stay in the closet, but no men in dresses ever!!!!" Quite rude if you ask me.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

so whats going to finally finish off milo

http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/the-alt-right-movement-behind-trump-s-presidency-a-1155901.html

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Uncle Wemus posted:

so whats going to finally finish off milo
my theory? an obsessed fan.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Montasque posted:

Loomer and Milo are "alt-light" and there's constant fighting between the "alt-light" and the hardline 1488 folks. The alt-light loves the Islam vs Gays narrative while the alt-right hates both equally. Then there's a bunch of people who don't take this poo poo seriously enough to get in dumb online fights and just like posting the memes.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

yeah since trumps election there has been repeated splits in the alt right and at this point theyre bitching more about each other than sjws and libs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/21logician/status/886316246500823040