Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Green Intern posted:

Popeye exploded that man's face.

That'll learn him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Arlo and Janis Classic (September 16, 1995)

Garfield Classic (September 15, 1985)

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Zippy

Ripley's

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Moomin on the Riviera Page 14

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Ye Olde Dick Tracy

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
Shoe

The Lockhorns

Bound and Gagged

Brewster Rockit: Space Guy!

On The Fastrack

No Safe Havens on Sunday!

Kevin & Kell

Mother Goose & Grimm

Hagar The Horrible isn't a pagan for some reason

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Flash Gordon

2001 Spiderman

The Amazing Mole Man

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Haifisch posted:

2001 Spiderman

Just for the record, since we're on the Chameleon now and because it's awesome:

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
drat Aunt May.

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Foxtrot

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Mikl posted:

Just for the record, since we're on the Chameleon now and because it's awesome:

You're really making me want to read the actual Spiderman comics. drat you! :argh:

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Here's something I found on YouTube: the first episode of "Kid Power", a mid-1970s Rankin-Bass show based on "Wee Pals".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpQD9QrlAAI

Enjoy!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo Aunt May is badass.

When can we see this bitch in the movies?

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

FrumpleOrz posted:

Hagar The Horrible isn't a pagan for some reason

Rape, Murder, Arson, and Rape.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Lots of the Nordics did go Christian around the turn of the first millennium. Didn't stop them doing their thing that much. Theoretically accurate.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mark Trail

Hey! June Brigman does Mary Worth, so we get a double dose of her today!

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Surprise, she grew into an adult and had a child just like you did and probably most do?

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

What? What did they talk about? They never talked about the smoking, he just agreed to outright quit. Just like he did last time. And that didn't work then, so maybe it'll work now I guess? Because they talked about it in the exact same way? They also never addressed the kiss with Esme. Yeah it was one-sided but they never talked about that so how does she know that? She also never mentioned that she nearly decided to let Esme fall to her death. That's probably a thing they should talk about, or at least she should talk about it with a therapist.

They talked about literally nothing. No misunderstandings were cleared up.

Usually Mary Worth at least shows the meddling actually doing something. In this case, she basically said "Go get 'er, tiger!" and he went back to the room and she wasn't mad at him anymore and he was no longer addicted to tobacco. Maybe Mary Worth is summed up at the end of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edCqF_NtpOQ

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
Sorry folks, for the delay - haven't had a chance to catch up but wanted a chance to post. :)

Dream of the Rarebit Fiend Midsummer Day Dreams (click for huge)

And He Did. (October, 1916)

Outbursts of Everett True (January, 1917)

Doings of the Duffs. (November, 1918, click for big)

The Gay Thirties (October, 1935, click for big))

They'll Do It Every Time (October, 1940, click for big)

Mopsy (March, 1941)

Archie (March, 1956, click for big)

Feiffer (1974, click for big)

Andy Capp (December, 1971, click for big)

Wee Pals (January, 1972, click for big)

Dick Tracy (October, 2001, click for big)

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

... and then he woke up.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Fleep

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Slammy posted:

Dick Tracy (October, 2001, click for big)

Holy poo poo, that middle panel.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

So I was reading some of the old Blackthorne reprints of classic Dick Tracy, and every other page or so there's a little space-filling strip with portraits of various characters, and who the hell is that person on the far right

Google has completely failed me, which is weird since I'd think someone, somewhere, would be dying to tell the world about the Dick Tracy villain whose face is a collection of drooping, sweaty cysts.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Pastry of the Year posted:

So I was reading some of the old Blackthorne reprints of classic Dick Tracy, and every other page or so there's a little space-filling strip with portraits of various characters, and who the hell is that person on the far right

Google has completely failed me, which is weird since I'd think someone, somewhere, would be dying to tell the world about the Dick Tracy villain whose face is a collection of drooping, sweaty cysts.

That's Blackhead Pete.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Okay I actually don't know who that is.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The Summer sisters, ???, Acres O'Riley?, ???, ???, any one of the numerous sideshow grotesques on a particularly bad day.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Here's an album of Dick Tracy characters (not my scans). Hope y'all have more luck than I did!

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Here's an album of Dick Tracy characters (not my scans). Hope y'all have more luck than I did!

Could it be Haf-n-Haf with his bad side in profile? I dunno.

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Guest writer: Steve Kelley, Bruce Tinsley, Guy Gilchrist, any conservative Boomer cartoonist really.

root
Jun 17, 2000

Booska mask replica...

FrumpleOrz posted:

On The Fastrack

No Safe Havens on Sunday!

Kevin & Kell

I had mercifully forgotten how obnoxious Hollbrook's work is... I think what irritates me is how we're supposed to accept all the weird bullshit he throws at the wall as being charming.

I can't remember the character's name but I think he's a guy who's deal is he wears this weird lumpy mask made of water-logged sponges and then he kills people by mashing their faces into the sponge mask and the police are all like, "How did this guy drown in his office!?!??!"

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

root posted:

I can't remember the character's name but I think he's a guy who's deal is he wears this weird lumpy mask made of water-logged sponges and then he kills people by mashing their faces into the sponge mask and the police are all like, "How did this guy drown in his office!?!??!"

This is the best loving thing I have ever heard.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Selachian posted:

Rhymes with Orange

That's gotta be a Piccolo-written one.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Heathcliff

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Aardmania posted:

9 Chickweed Lane

This strikes me as problematic.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Did she just murder him for impersonating Peter? That seems a little extreme.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

root posted:

Sketch Paree - http://dicktracy.wikia.com/wiki/Sketch_Paree

This is my favourite part:

quote:

Sketch Paree appeared in a Dick Tracy segment in an episode of the 1971 animated series "Archie's TV Funnies". Sketch was shown to be a notorious smuggler who operated a collectible stamps store as a cover for his criminal activities. He also had access to a shrinking ray.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tiggum posted:

Did she just murder him for impersonating Peter? That seems a little extreme.

It wasn't actually arsenic (arsenic isn't the one that tastes like almonds - that's cyanide). She was just trolling him while the sedatives kicked in.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

A demonstration of the offensive potential of the Shield of Boringness.

Rhymes with Orange

Edge of Blotto

Who is surprised that Sam responds to Whatsername getting killed by getting drunk again? Good thing the bar is apparently made from wood grown in Galavant's Forest of Coincidence.

Esallen and Vorderbrug may dress their tale up in pulp trappings, but they just don't get pulp. A real pulp hero wouldn't bother with with this sort of weepy wallowing -- he would have run the assassin down and exacted fistic justice. But then, a chase scene through the waterfront of China Singapore would be hard to draw compared to Sam standing at a bar. Again.

M. C. Escher fans, try and figure out what angle the bar top is at based on panel 3. Everyone else, just gawp in horror at those faces.

anyway, Pros and Cons isn't up yet, so later.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Intermittent reminder that Edge of Adventure has been going on for almost 1.5 years and there's still no trace of all those characters listed in the about section, and that this list includes

quote:

Dr. Clawburg: evil scientist living in underwater cave / laboratory

Brotous: monstrous muntant henchman and muscle for Dr. Clawburg

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Is Edge of Adventure actually published in any newspapers or is it one of those cases of "webcomic that is so mind-numbingly bad it goes in this thread"?

I'm not complaining, just wondering.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Tracksuit

Mother From Another Country

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Nice catch! That's just as weird as I was hoping for.

Arlo and Janis

Arlo and Janis Classic (September 18, 1995)

Garfield Classic (September 17-18, 1985)

• Locked thread