Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

crunk dork posted:

Finding the money rock on your first guess in Animal Crossing

Whoa daddy that's a good one. And getting all the coins without missing or digging holes behind you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phimose Knight
Mar 5, 2013
using any gun in EYE: Divine Cybermancy to shoot anyone, followed by their friends yelling and screaming in horror.
special mention of the .444 caliber hand-cannon which is religiously known as "The Bear Killer" and has the best history of any fictional gun in the world

Game Lore posted:

This legendary pistol, which origins were lost, is the most powerful pistol ever made, with an overall length of 348 mm, a barrel length of 237 mm, a weight of 2105 g and a maximun effective range of 1000 m. The 444 Bear Killer has a motorized cylinder and crane for quicker shooting and reloading than a typical revolver with two red LEDs on the side and uses a powerful cartridge. Ancient texts show that it has existed since the Dark Ages and only some lucky men had the chance to use this weapon. The Holy Forge manufactures only a few quantity of this marvelous gem and only some special forces officers and shock troops are using this powerful weapon. E.Y.E has its own stock, but it is still very limited.

A tale deals with a man, one day, lost in the forest, who was attacked by a very angry and wounded bear. The man managed to kill the animal with his bare hands. A Techno-Monk of the Holy Forge passed-by and saw the scene. Some days later, the man woke up and found a very strange and heavy pistol beside him; a pistol that could disembowel a bear with a single bullet, and that could even kill several aligned bears in a single shot. The fame of this weapon comes mainly from its unequaled power as a pistol, but also from its unbelievable accuracy. Its recoil, however, is terrific.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I just used a shotgun on a cloneman in FEAR and he turned into red mist and when the mist cleared it was meat gibs everywhere and now thats all I want to do in FEAR.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

breaking through the next cake wall in burrito bison

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Anti Goomba Stomp: Slipping off or missing a jump on the blood trail levels in Max Payne

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

julian assflange posted:

Anti Goomba Stomp: Slipping off or missing a jump on the blood trail levels in Max Payne

I hate those levels so fuckin bad

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Max Payne owns but I hope whoever designed those parts was never given a job again

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

julian assflange posted:

On newer pcs these parts are mega messed up because sometimes Max just doesn't jump. He's stuck in the ground!

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Sharkopath posted:

On newer pcs these parts are mega messed up because sometimes Max just doesn't jump. He's stuck in the ground!

Thats probably from the game running over 60fps or something ive seen that a few times in old shooters

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

When I played it last year this happened to me and after I reloaded a few times I could just hold jump to fly and I skipped every of those nightmares

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sharkopath posted:

I just used a shotgun on a cloneman in FEAR and he turned into red mist and when the mist cleared it was meat gibs everywhere and now thats all I want to do in FEAR.

FEAR owns

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

- when a poison tick kills an enemy in a JRPG and ends the battle

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

- when a poison tick kills an enemy in a JRPG and ends the battle

causing a status effect with a standard attack when it's only a 10% chance

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

critting an exp ballon for full damage and killing it even though most of the time you miss or deal 1 damage

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

making the final boss cry

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
:(

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
When an enemy player calls in an airstrike and the only person they kill with it is themselves.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lumpy the Cook posted:

When an enemy player calls in an airstrike and the only person they kill with it is themselves.

:unsmith:

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Anti-Goomba stomp. Dumping the hot spring water on the ground just in front of the frozen old Goron.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Anti Goomba Stop: spending a fuckton of money on a new weapon in Borderlands only for the next enemy you kill to drop one much better

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

:coffee:

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Anti-Goomba stomp. Dumping the hot spring water on the ground just in front of the frozen old Goron.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Anti-Goomba stomps should not be celebrated

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Anti-goomba stomp: seeing an anti-goomba stomp in this thread

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Aston posted:

Anti-goomba stomp: seeing an anti-goomba stomp in this thread

about borderlands

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

killing things in hyperlight drifter. causes this really short freezeframe and the death animations are really expressive, feels good when you're murdering a whole room and the action stops for just a split second each time you kill

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

extremebuff posted:

killing things in hyperlight drifter. causes this really short freezeframe and the death animations are really expressive, feels good when you're murdering a whole room and the action stops for just a split second each time you kill

Oh man I love this kind of thing. There's a cool looking brawler coming out soonish with the bad name Aztez and I love the dev blog because he just rambles about tiny details of combat and gameplay that make stuff fun and satisfying to play, he writes about that exact animation freeze thing here

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

using the splashdown in splatoon 2

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Hitting a torch with a water arrow in Thief

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Fungah! posted:

using the splashdown in splatoon 2

splashdowning from a super jump. bellissima

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
breaking spikes with the spikebreaker armor in symphony of the night

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Using the bomb mask with your shield up.

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

:coffee:

sector_corrector posted:

breaking spikes with the spikebreaker armor in symphony of the night

Doing the bat dash thing through a whole room

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Incapacitating an on duty police officer with a bone snapping combat takedown in Batman: Arkham Origins.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Ramming a car off the road in Spy Hunter on the NES.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Saving a family from the brink of divorce in Chibi Robo.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

- getting tone in Ace Combat

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

extremebuff posted:

When you clear a locked room and he does the flourish with the sword

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Pressing the flashing counter prompt in shadow of morder, arkham and games of that like, and being rewarded with a cinematic combat manoeuvre.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
hitting an enemy so hard they fly and hit other enemies. e.g. impact wrists in nuclear throne.

countering/parrying in fighting games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Respecting the traffic laws in gta v.