Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Matty posted:

Ask me about the time i got 60 mins in the brig for building a clubhouse in requisitions

One of the other MTs did this in an empty area of the Almayer. None of the MPs found it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Motherfucker posted:

nah the CM aliens can't speak to the crew.

it sucks.

They can dance, though.

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

Michaellaneous posted:

I think I'm gonna try out CM, just for one round, and try to make as many turbonerds as mad as possible.

The best and only way. Take care when you fight with monsters, ect.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

What happens if you play the aliens and just goof around?

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Turboadmins will ban you.

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

Nothing. You have to stick out pretty bad to get whacked by an admin. As an alien I pretty much beeline for the shuttle regardless of the queen's orders and spend most if the match crawling around the spaceship vents ambushing people.

As anal as the rules are, the admins aren't trying to get people to leave the server - the worst I ever got was a 2 hr ban. Also if you know the rules you know the best ways to feign ignorance or get out of minor altercations (like cutting all of someone's limbs off and having them report you which I then got out of by claiming I was in a hurry and didn't have time to do surgery properly). The server isn't the nofun hellscape goons like to claim it is, but that's just like, my opinion.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

This seems in stark contrast to literally everything else I heard so far and I will make my own picture of the situation.

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

That's why I mention it. CM was actually how I got into SS13 - the more straightforward guided experience let me focus on learning one thing at a time while still feeling like there was some purpose to me being there instead of the whole thing being postmodern goon hijinks simulator #534

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
A lot of what I've said has been hyperbole. Yes the admins enforce roleplay and can come off as stiff when dealing with players, but overall it's not bad. When I got my legs blown off for playing around with a wheelchair it was during a special event, so admin scrutiny was a bit stricter.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
It's clearly also an appropriately ironic punishment.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Yeah, if they had given you like an hour ban or something like that then it would be pretty poo poo, but blowing your legs off for playing in a wheelchair is something that I could see a drunk goonstation admin doing on a whim.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
On a related note why does medbay not have a wheelchair? I love the cut off all my limbs and force someone to roll me for the whole round gimmick but right now I have to use an office chair or roller bed with a tequila iv attatched.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
Few things are more hilarious than messing with a vigilante.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

tweet my meat posted:

roller bed with a tequila iv attatched.

hahaha why did I never think of that

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015

Luigi Thirty posted:

hahaha why did I never think of that

I filled them with space drugs, before someone reminded me that it's addictive so I shouldn't be throwing that around as a non-antag

edit: filling all of the saline IVs, not just mine. fair enough since people might actually need them

pnutz fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Jul 16, 2017

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!

tweet my meat posted:

On a related note why does medbay not have a wheelchair? I love the cut off all my limbs and force someone to roll me for the whole round gimmick but right now I have to use an office chair or roller bed with a tequila iv attatched.

Suggest that poo poo on the goonststion forums, and perhaps it will make it into the code

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Pretty sure I did at one point, nothing ever came of it.

Spy_Guy
Feb 19, 2013

pnutz posted:

I filled them with space drugs, before someone reminded me that it's addictive so I shouldn't be throwing that around as a non-antag

edit: filling all of the saline IVs, not just mine. fair enough since people might actually need them

Couple this with a hippy attitude that the "good vibes will heal you, maaan" and I'd hilarity clause it.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Fill IV with that one poison that causes choking and paralysis and the one that cures critical oxygen damage for the chemical equivalent of a strait jacket.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

pnutz posted:

Broadly speaking from experience; with Goonstation so long as you tell people what you're doing to them, and they consent, it's all kosher. And honestly, I'd wager most goons would INSIST you fill their IV bag with as many drugs as you have on-hand. Or that you make more this instant!

Forcing someone to drink your 'hilarious' drugmix is bad, but offering a glass of your hellish thrillride of narcotics in a cocktail glass for them to drink by choice is fine.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

or just leaving glasses of whatever in the bar

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

You can tell them that your cocktail will probably kill them and they’ll drink it anyway.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

If you just take stuff off the bar you take your life in your hands knowingly.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Speaking of which a good and fun way to learn horrible chem mixes is to scan bar drinks, take note of the chems, and then down it

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Well, I'm pretty sure I just successfully achieved the miscreant objective to enforce as much petty bureaucracy as possible.

All departments had their power off until a written request was provided. Conservation policies, you see, power isn't free. The AI was also enforcing petty regulations by refusing to obey orders unless they were provided in writing or by a Department Head. By the end, I was no-one's friend.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Dunno hiw I feel about the new map. It's definitely a departure from the cogwerks maps.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I can't remember what server it was on (all the non-goon, non-CM servers blur together for me) but I used to always play as a legless, half-blind Head of Security constantly suffering from epileptic seizures (you can pick all this stuff during character creation). It created this great juxtaposition where the RP security crew has to be respectful of the chain of command and help me get around, brutally punishing anyone that pushes me out of my wheelchair, while simultaneously quickly going through all the proper paperwork to get me fired because I'm completely useless at my job.

I'll also try to immediately murder the pets as discreetly as possible because nothing creates station-wide chaos like someone announcing that the corgi's been beaten to death.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Well, I'm pretty sure I just successfully achieved the miscreant objective to enforce as much petty bureaucracy as possible.

All departments had their power off until a written request was provided. Conservation policies, you see, power isn't free. The AI was also enforcing petty regulations by refusing to obey orders unless they were provided in writing or by a Department Head. By the end, I was no-one's friend.

Your end, or the station's?

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Luigi Thirty posted:

You can tell them that your cocktail will probably kill them and they’ll drink it anyway.

A quarter of the station commits suicide in the first ten minutes anyway, might as well go out with style.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I am hella PEEVED posted:

Your end, or the station's?

End of the round. I was actually one of the few to make it off the station due to Horse Horsington flooding the shuttle with metal foam. I was in the shuttle sickbay, patching myself up from the barman beating me up and throwing me out the airlock.

Said beating may have been due to me standing by the (unlocked) shuttle door, demanding to see people's tickets and/or travel papers at the time while insisting they wouldn't get to depart otherwise.

For what it's worth, an Engineer with a miscreant objective to make the station messy did so by scrawling "THE CAPTAIN SUCKS" and "gently caress THE CAPTAIN" in big letters on the hallway floors all throughout the station. I consider that a win.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Main Paineframe posted:

A quarter of the station commits suicide in the first ten minutes anyway, might as well go out with style.

I hosed up trying to make Colorful Reagent and ended up with a beaker full of drugs, acid, mutagen, and nasty chemicals that I couldn’t use. I turned them into pills, headed for the bar and asked the barman if he wanted to become a drug dealer. Handed over the pill bottle with the disclaimer that these pills are basically toxic waste and will more than likely kill anyone who eats them.

He offered the annoying screaming guy who has hung out at the bar all round a deal, if he ate a pill he’d give him free booze for the rest of the shift. The guy took the pill and announced he was tripping balls, puked everywhere, and ran away saying monsters were trying to kill him. Problem solved!

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015

Luigi Thirty posted:

I did this the last time I was chef. the barman was obviously a traitor so I took a sip from one of his glasses for a good laugh. almost as good as when I got superpowers and liquified myself without stablilising it :D

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
It seems like using the iv drip full of booze is a good way to get wasted without blacking out. I've only done it once so I could have just gotten lucky with my bo jackson and tequila mixer.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Luigi Thirty posted:

I hosed up trying to make Colorful Reagent and ended up with a beaker full of drugs, acid, mutagen, and nasty chemicals that I couldn’t use. I turned them into pills, headed for the bar and asked the barman if he wanted to become a drug dealer. Handed over the pill bottle with the disclaimer that these pills are basically toxic waste and will more than likely kill anyone who eats them.

He offered the annoying screaming guy who has hung out at the bar all round a deal, if he ate a pill he’d give him free booze for the rest of the shift. The guy took the pill and announced he was tripping balls, puked everywhere, and ran away saying monsters were trying to kill him. Problem solved!

Everyone always appreciates the huge stories, but the little anecdotes like this are wonderful. :allears:

Luigi Thirty posted:

I get disappointed when downing every drink available at the bar doesn't end with me dead.

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

Today on CM

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
The corporate liason never gets the respect they deserve. Whenever I get into an arguement with a marine or some medical shithead I point out that the Almayer is on loan to the USMC from Wey-Yu and they always say "NUH UH". Dumbasses need to read the lore! Also respect me when I tell you to do something stupid like make my office bigger.

Doctor Zaius
Jul 30, 2010

I say.
It's like they haven't watched the movies the server is based off of. Of course the Corporate rep bosses around the grunts to get them to do horribly unsafe poo poo/horribly stupid poo poo, it's their job!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

[quote="“Zamujasa”" post="“474446734”"]
I get disappointed when downing every drink available at the bar doesn’t end with me dead.
[/quote]

I like making Old Earth Vitality Tonic: radium water plus a dash of whatever junk I have in the still. (Probably burritos.)

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Doctor Zaius posted:

It's like they haven't watched the movies the server is based off of. Of course the Corporate rep bosses around the grunts to get them to do horribly unsafe poo poo/horribly stupid poo poo, it's their job!
Of course the grunts are entirely within their rights to treat them as a total douchebag behind their backs as well. Key there is behind their backs.

loving Paul Reiser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Way back on mushroom station, I repeatedly attempted to figure out Grog. I usually ended up with a watering can full of heinous poisons, drugs of all sorts, and rum.

Most of these times, I was HoP, so I'd head back to my desk and announce that anyone who drank and survived a shot of my signature house cocktail, Space Nightmare ™, would receive boosted access.

I of course sample my own supply and am an epileptic fat man. Two people come to take the Space Nightmare ™ challenge. First guy downs a shot, says that he feels fine, walks away, and gibs in five steps.

Customer #2 drinks her Space Nightmare ™, loses her hair, and goes blind. After waiting a minute due to a seizure to check for any further effects, I promote her to Captain and proceed to drink myself into the grave.