Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

navyjack posted:

I know nothing about her, but this is good? What should I watch to get to know her a bit?

I'm just glad it's a woman for lots of reason, but can we start collecting some mad takes? This is gonna be better than Trump for a few days!

She's great in Attack the Block which is also a great film with a great director.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Watch the first season of Broadchurch. It's amazing.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

navyjack posted:

I know nothing about her, but this is good? What should I watch to get to know her a bit?

I'm just glad it's a woman for lots of reason, but can we start collecting some mad takes? This is gonna be better than Trump for a few days!

Broadchurch season 1

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Man I am going to miss Capaldi a whole lot, but this is really cool.

navyjack, check out Broadchurch - not only is she a giant part of the season (and really loving good) but it's also a look at Chibnall getting to run his very own show instead of aping somebody else's style in a script, and it's far better than I would have ever expected it to be.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
All I've seen her in is that awesome episode of Black Mirror and if thats anything to go by then I'm pretty drat happy with this

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

PriorMarcus posted:

She's great in Attack the Block which is also a great film with a great director.

And a great other cast - Finn from Force Awakens and Father Christmas himself, Nick Frost

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Chibnall

Please

Don't gently caress this up man

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I had her mixed up in my head with Jodie Marsh, which would have been an unexpected choice

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Very happy with that. Every single time they talked about the chances of a woman actress being picked it was always "Olivia Colman because the producer knows her well, Phoebe Waller Bridge if they want someone young and attactive. Oh and also Jodie Whittaker I guess", even though Whittaker loving owns as an actress.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

Man I am going to miss Capaldi a whole lot, but this is really cool.

navyjack, check out Broadchurch - not only is she a giant part of the season (and really loving good) but it's also a look at Chibnall getting to run his very own show instead of aping somebody else's style in a script, and it's far better than I would have ever expected it to be.

Ok, that's my free time sorted for the week, thanks!

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
This explains why Netflix has a big old Black Mirror splash running right now

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Plavski posted:

The last one was so cringely awful I'm sure it traveled through time itself to stop the future ones being shown

I thought the third one was ok. It was something new at least.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gorn Myson posted:

Very happy with that. Every single time they talked about the chances of a woman actress being picked it was always "Olivia Colman because the producer knows her well, Phoebe Waller Bridge if they want someone young and attactive. Oh and also Jodie Whittaker I guess", even though Whittaker loving owns as an actress.

To be fair, Olivia Colman is who everybody would cast as their first choice (TV, film, radio etc) if it was possible :)

navyjack posted:

Ok, that's my free time sorted for the week, thanks!

Enjoy recognizing most of the cast from various seasons of Who, too!

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Already a lot of sulkers answering that BBC tweet. Oh no, don't stop watching, please come back.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Ha, I just remembered David Bradley is in Broadchurch as well.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

To be fair, Olivia Colman is who everybody would cast as their first choice (TV, film, radio etc) if it was possible :)
Yeah but Olivia Colman *is* cast as everything anyway! She was even in Phoebe Waller Bridge's TV show! Shes awesome but she is on TV pretty much constantly.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tp_Fw5oDMao

They really were following the regenerations in Curse of the Fatal Death

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Plavski posted:

Jodie Whittaker

Sure

I really liked her in Attack the Block, so cool

Agreed

I've not seen Broadchurch but my mum said "oh she was amazing" so good stuff

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
gently caress YEA

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
okay we got the cool part out of the way now post the meltdowns I DEMAND MELTDOWNS

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HopperUK posted:

Already a lot of sulkers answering that BBC tweet. Oh no, don't stop watching, please come back.

Such a shame to lose the he-man woman haters club demographic, but I hope the show can somehow stagger along without them. :allears:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I also like that they had her in costume, but not, presumably, HER costume, just Peter's old coat and hoodie (which are, of course, slightly too big for her now). Plus, it's a nice spring day in the forest, as opposed to wintery and snowy. Like a metaphor or some poo poo.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/OliverHackett/status/886601581466144769

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
They should have done this years ago, rather than now when all the millennials on the internet have been bleating about it.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

yesssss that's the stuff

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

P.S Also she is a really good actor!

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!

Jerusalem posted:

Such a shame to lose the he-man woman haters club demographic, but I hope the show can somehow stagger along without them. :allears:

I think Chibnall running the show will be a bigger problem.

n4
Jul 26, 2001

Poor Chu-Chu : (
They're forcing their feminism down our throats!

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

n4 posted:

They're forcing their feminism down our throats!

It is a man's job to force things down throats!

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Does the winner of Wimbledon get to be the new companion

n4
Jul 26, 2001

Poor Chu-Chu : (
I hope the 13th Doctor is a lesbian too

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

My niece is 11 and a huge fan and she's going to be so goddamn excited. :3:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
And she's still not ginger...!! :doom:

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

Jerusalem posted:

I feel like I'm in a real minority, but I can't stand Olivia Colman, so I'm glad its someone else!

Really don't want to see Capaldi go, but if he has to then this is probably one of the best ways to do it, with something completely fresh.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
The logistics of this will be interesting as The Doctor hasn't changed genders before.

I'm sure the burn in time will result in ~hijinks~ which is worrisome as post regeneration episodes are almost all uniformly terrible :mad:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Everyone's telling you to watch Broadchurch now, but watch Attack The Block too, nerds. John Boyega owns bones and so does Whittaker.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

"Tits! I've got tits! I don't like the colour."
"…of your tits?"

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/sawboneshex/status/886613052447129601

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

thepokey posted:

I feel like I'm in a real minority, but I can't stand Olivia Colman, so I'm glad its someone else!

I forgive you because I can't stand Tom Hanks even though he seems a really sweet guy and a good actor and everything.

• Locked thread