Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

lezard_valeth posted:

Fanart proof that Necrozma can make any pokemon look bad.

Now with Dunsparce please

e: Wait no I hope they do them with Kyurem Black and White

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

the angular design just doesn't work for pokemon i don't get why they keep going back to that to try to make a pokemon "cool"

none of the pokemon in the first three gens have random angular bits other than porygon and even he gets to be a good smooth boy as porygon 2

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Necrozma is a giant crystal. Why shouldn't he look angular?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Jazerus posted:

the angular design just doesn't work for pokemon i don't get why they keep going back to that to try to make a pokemon "cool"

none of the pokemon in the first three gens have random angular bits other than porygon and even he gets to be a good smooth boy as porygon 2

Gen 1 pokemon suck so using them as your design basis is a poor decision. Both Aesthetically and mechanically.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Jazerus posted:

the angular design just doesn't work for pokemon

Counterpoint:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Necrozma's design is good and the fact that it (along with many of the UBs) have such un-Pokemon like designs really work for the types of mon they are.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Gen 1 pokemon suck so using them as your design basis is a poor decision. Both Aesthetically and mechanically.

This is ignoring the fact that the two best pokes to have ever been are both gen 1- Jigglypuff and Wigglytuff.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Zelder posted:

And then sometimes they'll get an affection critical on something you're just trying to weaken

Toxic Heal Gliscor curing itself is also hella annoying! I just want my flying scorpion friend to heal himself and be immune to burns and sleeps.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Hustlin Floh posted:

This is ignoring the fact that the two best pokes to have ever been are both gen 1- Jigglypuff and Wigglytuff.

Wrong, it's Gengar and Nidoking.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

lezard_valeth posted:

Lugia needs giant extra crystal arms too. It's just not Necrosma armor without giant akward spare arms.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

In the world of Pokémon is getting to/beating the E4 something a reasonably committed person could do or is it like getting to and winning a world championship in a video game or board game in our world? Or maybe like winning the Masters or Wimbledon?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
It's like winning the game of thrones.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

It's the end goal for this very fun baby game for babies, no dedication required.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

NewFatMike posted:

It's the end goal for this very fun baby game for babies, no dedication required.

No he means like, in universe

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I like how the parents of the trainers so far have been a gym leader at best, but usually just stay at home moms. But then their kids just go out and get Mewtwo, and become multiple region champions in some cases. And then that one character's dad is just kinda hanging out in his gym waiting for a kid to fight him every few days or so.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Hrist posted:

I like how the parents of the trainers so far have been a gym leader at best, but usually just stay at home moms. But then their kids just go out and get Mewtwo, and become multiple region champions in some cases. And then that one character's dad is just kinda hanging out in his gym waiting for a kid to fight him every few days or so.

Hey, we've had two celebrity moms. One who's at the top of the contest game and another who's a world famous Rhyhorn racer :colbert:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I hope that 2 time champion Gold and his boyfriend Silver show up like Red and Blue did next gen.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i wanna see a 20 year old Kris, gently caress Gold and Silver!!!

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
hmm, wait that might have come out a little oddly

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Calling Ethan "Gold" is very odd indeed.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Kris was deleted from the Pokeverse for her crimes

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
against fashion and hairstyling

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
HERE LIES GREEN
SHE NEVER EXISTED

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uW166yY7D4

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Hello, pals, I had my Golbat (Mr. Crobat, I'm playing the waiting game) learn a move to replace Confuse Ray and now I have no available Z-Moves with him. I forgot that your Z-Move is attached to an acutal move, is there a TM for this or a way to relearn a move?

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

lezard_valeth posted:

the black dunce cap look doesnt really work imo

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

EmmyOk posted:

Hello, pals, I had my Golbat (Mr. Crobat, I'm playing the waiting game) learn a move to replace Confuse Ray and now I have no available Z-Moves with him. I forgot that your Z-Move is attached to an acutal move, is there a TM for this or a way to relearn a move?

There's a move relearner but they're stupidly late in SuMo. Just before the Elite Four.

Also Z-Confuse Ray is pretty bad?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Zore posted:

There's a move relearner but they're stupidly late in SuMo. Just before the Elite Four.

Also Z-Confuse Ray is pretty bad?

Yeah it's not great tbh I just like that it raised my Sp. Atk with the added bonus of confusing them. I mainly overwrote Confuse Ray because I thought I'd still have the Z-Confuse

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

EmmyOk posted:

If you specifically want Z-Confuse Ray back, you will have to find the move relearner. She isn't available until near the end of the game. She is an old lady with a green dress in a pokemon center, on top of a snowy mountain.

If you want to raise your Golbat's special attack, I'm not aware of any other moves it can learn that can do that. However, the Hau'oli City Poke Mart sells X Sp. Atks, which raise a pokemon's special attack by two stages when used in battle.

If you just want to be able to use Ghostium Z again, there is a solution. Go to Route 14, that's the spooky black sand beach. Ride out into the water and look around for some ruins. Within the ruins you will find TM30, which you can use to teach your Golbat or Crobat the move Shadow Ball. Of course, you'll want to check your bag first to make sure you don't already have it.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

Yeah it's not great tbh I just like that it raised my Sp. Atk with the added bonus of confusing them. I mainly overwrote Confuse Ray because I thought I'd still have the Z-Confuse

I mean, Golbat/Crobat is much more of a physical attacker unless you're breeding and doing a gimmick Nasty Plot set.

Give it Acrobatics, take away its Ghostium-Z and it'll shred things.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Thanks for the info pals! I wasn't really thinking too much about his future abilities and just assumed Z-Moves were good. I'll happily evolve him now! Genuinely appreciate how super kind and helpful the thread is!

Zore posted:

Give it Acrobatics, take away its Ghostium-Z and it'll shred things.

Sounds like a plan!

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

I'm running a pretty standard Mega-Salamence/Aegislash/Chansey battle tree team that lots of people say they've gotten 200+ wins with, but I've now lost twice between 75-100 to the Terrakion with swords dance and a citrus berry. I have no idea how to deal with that thing. I can't kill it with sacred sword and shadow sneak because of the sitrus berry and it one shots all of my Pokemon with Earthquake sacred sword and rock slide. Is there any way to beat it?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I'm finally getting around to sun and after spending ages bashing my head against totem salazzle because I took rowlet as my starter, I made it to Lush Jungle and immediately started slamming my head against rear end in a top hat regenerating Pokemon and his stupid friends

Who decided these games needed to have a challenge again

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the water area right before the fire one has a bunch of nice stuff that clown on salazzle's sad defense stats. the fire area is right before the grass one as well

araquanid from the water area is good against both. its ability removes its weakness to fire and its bug typing removes its weakness to grass while still being super effective against both gyms

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Manatee Cannon posted:

the water area right before the fire one has a bunch of nice stuff that clown on salazzle's sad defense stats. the fire area is right before the grass one as well

araquanid from the water area is good against both. its ability removes its weakness to fire and its bug typing removes its weakness to grass while still being super effective against both gyms

Yeah I caught a salandit and I'm working on leveling him up so that I can eat the grass gyms face, because holy poo poo that fuckin Synthesis poo poo is obnoxious

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Yeah I caught a salandit and I'm working on leveling him up so that I can eat the grass gyms face, because holy poo poo that fuckin Synthesis poo poo is obnoxious

Hope you're not intending to evolve it into salazzle.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Dienes posted:

Hope you're not intending to evolve it into salazzle.

I call all my Pokeymans him but also, I'm not

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
HOLY poo poo gently caress YOU GODDAMN INFERNO OVERDRICE TOOK OFF LIKE 98% AND THEN SYNTHESIS HEALED HIM TO FULL

THE MOST OBNOXIOUS loving MOVE

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The most obnoxious thing is wasting your super effective Z-Move on a Totem Mimikyu only for it to do zero damage because of decoy. Then your team is wiped because everyone is a low level there to get experience. Except the world's best Snorlax, Vegetables, who can't hurt ghosts. :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

EmmyOk posted:

The most obnoxious thing is wasting your super effective Z-Move on a Totem Mimikyu only for it to do zero damage because of decoy. Then your team is wiped because everyone is a low level there to get experience. Except the world's best Snorlax, Vegetables, who can't hurt ghosts. :saddowns:

A snorlax without Bite or Crunch is a sad snorlax indeed.