Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Narcos season 3 teaser! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j73-IvTvNN0 S3 drops September 3.

But I found out the thread is archived :( Guess I"ll make a new one in a month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Gong Show is rad as hell, it's cool that carnie acts have a place to perform in this day and age and that the judges never break kayfabe om them or the host. I like that they don't try and do the usual reality show competitiveness or tragic backstories for every performer to fill time, it's just a cavalcade of weirdness and fun.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Goliath is pretty great. I'd rank the "veteran actor in vaguely noir crime thriller show" recent revival as Chance > Goliath > Bosch

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I watched Goliath just because Olivia Thirlby was in it, and came out pleasantly surprised.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

You know what's hilarious about this?

Wil Wheaton.

Dude thought he was better than Trek, like he'd ascend to a level of acting beyond television. So he left the show and missed out on that contract money. So he spent a decade barely scraping by and only became relevant again because of a joke on a lovely sitcom.

:smuggo: Wheaton

I thnk i hate Will Wheaton, no wait i find him smug and witty. Night.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Wheaton was the celebrity guest on Whose Line is it Anyway the other day and I was impressed. Most of the ones on there are just props but he actually participated in his bits.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

blunt posted:

Highest score of the episode gets $2000.17 and a trophy.

Does this go up to $2,000.18 next year? Might be worth holding off for a season to appear.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Rhyno posted:

You know what's hilarious about this?

Wil Wheaton.

Dude thought he was better than Trek, like he'd ascend to a level of acting beyond television. So he left the show and missed out on that contract money. So he spent a decade barely scraping by and only became relevant again because of a joke on a lovely sitcom.

Wheaton really, really wanted to become a writer, that's why he bailed.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

blunt posted:

Highest score of the episode gets $2000.17 and a trophy.

The funniest thing about it is that I think that carries over the original Gong Show's joke of the winner getting paid SAG (or in this case, SAG-AFTRA) minimum—the same amount that everyone else is getting paid to appear on the show. The only difference is that the winner gets it in a kitschy oversized check, as well as a trophy.

Could be way off, of course, but it would explain why nobody's too broken up about getting gonged—OH, SPEAKING OF WHICH, you haven't seen one of the best acts of that night! It might be a little difficult, but try to watch the whole thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S274UvvKmgA

Later in the show, they brought this guy back for the singalong :unsmith:.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

how the gently caress do you gong this???!!!!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I bet Will Wheaton is a goon.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rocksicles posted:

I bet Will Wheaton is a goon.

Supposedly he is/was. I guess he he made a reference on Tabletop.

Which is loving terrible and you should never watch it.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

I went through a rough patch two years ago, during the hiatus season.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Stand By Me is still the best coming of age movie.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Rhyno posted:

Tabletop is great, what's the deal, man

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Vegetable posted:

Tabletop is great, what's the deal, man

It would be great if every episode ended with someone punching Wheaton in his stupid fat neck-bearded face.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I've been watching iZombie, about halfway through season 2.

Is the entire point of this show to poo poo on Major forever?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Correct.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yes. Get used to it tbh.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
It cracks me up that Chandler wants to lend Joey $1500 saying that that should keep him on his feet for a couple of months, in an enormous apartment, in New York.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Calaveron posted:

It cracks me up that Chandler wants to lend Joey $1500 saying that that should keep him on his feet for a couple of months, in an enormous apartment, in New York.

Joey lives with Chandler so presumably he doesn't have to pay rent during that time. Unless you have a real nose candy problem, $1500 in the late 90s would be plenty to live on, especially since he would have been able to get food stamps for being unemployed.

...I mean, :goonsay:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

precision posted:

Joey lives with Chandler so presumably he doesn't have to pay rent during that time. Unless you have a real nose candy problem, $1500 in the late 90s would be plenty to live on, especially since he would have been able to get food stamps for being unemployed.

...I mean, :goonsay:

It was after Chandler moved in with Monica and Joey was chronically unemployed

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Calaveron posted:

It was after Chandler moved in with Monica and Joey was chronically unemployed

I'm pretty sure that was a rent controlled apartment though, it's slightly plausible that the rent could have been as low as $700/month. I mean I personally have known people in NYC who had better deals than that, insane poo poo like $500/month east of 8th Ave.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Mu Zeta posted:

Stand By Me is still the best coming of age movie.

400 blows

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Guy Goodbody posted:

I've been watching iZombie, about halfway through season 2.

Is the entire point of this show to poo poo on Major forever?

On the off chance something good does happen to Major, it's just life setting him up for a bigger fall.

It's loving hilarious.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Calaveron posted:

Friends is a garbage show.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

You, sir, are wrong.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

precision posted:

I'm pretty sure that was a rent controlled apartment though, it's slightly plausible that the rent could have been as low as $700/month. I mean I personally have known people in NYC who had better deals than that, insane poo poo like $500/month east of 8th Ave.

Both the apartments were rent controlled, Monica's she got from her dead grandmother if I remember right.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

On the off chance something good does happen to Major, it's just life setting him up for a bigger fall.

It's loving hilarious.

He's slowly catching up to Jack Bauer on the misery carousel.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Party Plane Jones posted:

Both the apartments were rent controlled, Monica's she got from her dead grandmother if I remember right.

I believe Monica's apartment was legally owned by her grandmother who lived in Florida.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

quote:

Monica's grandmother is the official tenant and lived there before Monica. After she moved to Florida, Monica stayed in the apartment, sub-letting the apartment illegally (this also covers the fact that Monica could afford such an expensive apartment with her chef's salary).

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

The Strain season 4 starts tonight.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Mr. Robot season 2 is free with Prime now, ahead of the October season 3 start.

Also is there really not gonna be a non-spoiler Game of Thrones thread this year? I'd make it but, you know, I suck at that.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

precision posted:

Mr. Robot season 2 is free with Prime now, ahead of the October season 3 start.

Also is there really not gonna be a non-spoiler Game of Thrones thread this year? I'd make it but, you know, I suck at that.

Aren't they now multiple seasons ahead of the last book? How could anybody spoil it?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

They are ahead of the books, maybe he means legit spoilers from future episodes.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Guy Goodbody posted:

Aren't they now multiple seasons ahead of the last book? How could anybody spoil it?

The spoiler thread has a crapload of spoilers for pretty much the entire season, most of which are confirmed.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

GreenNight posted:

Wasn't the show cancelled? What the gently caress? I had to google to be sure you weren't making a joke. What in the hell. :psyboom:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

The trailer spoiled a shitload of the season off the top of my head.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

MiddleOne posted:

Wasn't the show cancelled? What the gently caress? I had to google to be sure you weren't making a joke. What in the hell. :psyboom:

This is the last season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

GreenNight posted:

gently caress yes!

• Locked thread