Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Commentator
Hellpockets
James "Old Man" Chen
Ultra "I See You Colluding" David
Infiltration
UltraChen
Yipes
Chris Hu
Zhi (Late Night mode)
Zhi (Corporate Sponsored mode)
Aris
Ryan Hunter
Seth "My LoL Money" Killian
Spooky
When's Catherine?
View Results

• Locked thread
Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

HoneyBoy posted:

Is this defensible in 2017 with the amount of fighting games that are coming out now

it's hilarious that infinite is gonna have less characters than vanilla mvc3 despite 2/3rds of the infinite cast being recycled from it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

pospysyl posted:

Infinite's going to replace MVC3 next year, but what's the Dragon Ball game going to replace?
My guess is Dragon Ball on Saturday next year with no BlazBlue. Sunday would be Infinite, Guilty Gear, Tekken, Melee, SFV

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Keegers posted:

Melee... But probably BB or GG...

Unfortunately it'll probably bump KOF.

I still love you KOF.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.

Zand posted:

they did this for sfv soooo

And again, you don't see dudes like me beating Xian or NuckleDu because the game is SOOO EASY now.

You still need to have drat good execution, knowledge (general and matchup specific), footsies, and all kinds of poo poo. The guys who were good are still good, and the new players who are good have put in a ton of work and practice. The meta continues to grow and change.

You can't even complain about Ibuki since she isn't in top 8. Or Balrog, Urien, etc.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

C. Everett Koop posted:

Dude spent way too long thinking of his opening statement there

He should've just gone with "gorilla fair is coming".

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The BlazBlue guide in the OP is really helpful.

And what, do people really believe Melee will be bumped UP next year

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
god drat those are some anime titties

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

blazblue exists in the 2001 space odyssey universe

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Dias posted:

There's some potential there, game's gonna look ugly as gently caress but again I know you assholes are KOF14 apologists so ???

It helps that for SNK's situation, they had an extremely limited budget to work with. Capcom is a much bigger company that's repeatedly made dumb decisions that wasted potential.

That said, I actually thought Kof14 gameplay still looked good. I don't like the things they are taking out for MVCI

Benson Cunningham posted:

When they say easier to get into to, do they just mean they want new players to be able to do flashy moves? Because there's no way some chump is going to take sets off a pro unless you dumb the entire game down to literal rock paper scissors.

They mean "We want our games to sell as much as MKX/Injustice 2" instead of SF5. They don't really care about players getting better.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

HoneyBoy posted:

god drat those are some anime titties

they ain't that fat

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Benson Cunningham posted:

And again, you don't see dudes like me beating Xian or NuckleDu because the game is SOOO EASY now.

Didn't nuckledu lose to some random online mika player right after he won the CPT

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
Is there a single blazblue game that doesn't have a totally ridiculous character introduced late? nine, CP kokonoe, CT nu ect ect

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Nine seems cool, anime witch is a cool character design archetype that they should add to SFV

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

iPodschun posted:

My guess is Dragon Ball on Saturday next year with no BlazBlue. Sunday would be Infinite, Guilty Gear, Tekken, Melee, SFV

Melee

Hahahahahaha let it go man it's dead it isn't going back to Sunday, Smash4 is the replacement. Gotta accept it.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Veib posted:

Nine seems cool, anime witch is a cool character design archetype that they should add to SFV

we have rose she's literally an anime and a magician :colbert:

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Ventana posted:

It helps that for SNK's situation, they had an extremely limited budget to work with. Capcom is a much bigger company that's repeatedly made dumb decisions that wasted potential.

That said, I actually thought Kof14 gameplay still looked good. I don't like the things they are taking out for MVCI

Basically this. Going from sick sprites to those models at least had the excuse that SNK is broke and trying to make an honest attempt at coming back. That and I liked poo poo like EX timer instead of wasting a bar on EX moves.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

roshi's witch sister should be in dbzf and play exactly like this

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Dias posted:

Doesn't have the pointy witch hat, doesn't count (and also isn't in SFV so)

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Dias posted:

Yeah but she's not a 900 year old vampire witch with a pointy hat

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Brother Entropy posted:

roshi's witch sister should be in dbzf and play exactly like this

Baba?

hahaha, there's so many awesome characters I love to see in DBZF, Pikkon and Tien personally

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

BlazBlue players are definitely the most well dressed of the FGC.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Veib posted:

Doesn't have the pointy witch hat, doesn't count (and also isn't in SFV so)

HoneyBoy posted:

Yeah but she's not a 900 year old vampire witch with a pointy hat

:colbert:

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

pospysyl posted:

BlazBlue players are definitely the most well dressed of the FGC.

that is such a low bar.

9 should be compared to tessa not rose.

rose a fortune teller not a legit witch.

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013

FanaticalMilk posted:

Or maybe it'll be like Brawl and people will make a modded version that ends up becoming legitimate competitively.

We're seeing signs of this happening right now. There are mods out there for UMVC3 that gives Iron Man actual combos and other neat changes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwwbpIy0W0I

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

That's not canon

I forgot about Tessa, she's cool, they should add her to Infinite

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Commissar Ken posted:

Basically this. Going from sick sprites to those models at least had the excuse that SNK is broke and trying to make an honest attempt at coming back. That and I liked poo poo like EX timer instead of wasting a bar on EX moves.

Yep SNK sacrificed their awesome sprites to a cheaper character model due to limited budget in order to keep their really awesome and solid mechanics and I can respect that because it still FEELS like a KOF game and still has an insane roster amount. Even with that weird fighter with pillow based offense.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

yay i love izanmi's

edit. oh ok.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
huh i did an accidental nine cosplay with my wizard in d3 and i just realized it now

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

I know they'll probably change nine in the future. but i hope if they do they dont make her weaker but make her other spells more useable so she feels less rail-roady.

There are wayyy to few magical characters in fighting games.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
things i know about blazblue: carl is a little rear end in a top hat that has a sexdoll for a sister

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I just realized something Rikki Ortiz didn't show up this year did she?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
things i know about blazblue: izanami was added into cf to fill out a character archetype the game hadn't covered yet: petite titties

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Jiro posted:

I just realized something Rikki Ortiz didn't show up this year did she?

She's there.

https://twitter.com/HelloKittyRicki/status/886297489501954048

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Dias posted:

things i know about blazblue: izanami was added into cf to fill out a character archetype the game hadn't covered yet: petite titties

lies.

noel is right there.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

^^^dang

Dias posted:

Lies. Science cat Kokonoe was already there.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

glad we got the blazblue titty experts in this thread rn

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
not enough sideboob on those two, friends

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Huh, guess she didn't make it out of pools. Is......is that an amorphous cat umbrella??????

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Jiro posted:

Hahahahahaha let it go man it's dead it isn't going back to Sunday, Smash4 is the replacement. Gotta accept it.
lol if you think I want melee there

I'm going with the assumption that Wiz and co. will keep switching it up so that it's not just the same games on Sunday every year other than SFV of course

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

That was an rear end whooping.

• Locked thread