Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
They already pretended major battles in the show being won instantly with cavalry charges. What difference is it gonna make?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Adun posted:

This show really went downhill when they stopped focusing on supply chain management!!!!

Yes, I am sure this is exactly what he is saying

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006
Some things matter more than others.

Where Dany lands doesn't matter because most people who watch the show probably don't know almost anything about the map.

Things like the relative power of sides changing at a whim is more troublesome.

bathhouse
Apr 21, 2010

We're getting into a rhythm now
What time of day does the new ep usually show up on Go?

bathhouse fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jul 16, 2017

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

I mean Dragonstone is loving fine. It's where Aegon started his poo poo. Plus it has a direct line to the capital. Coming in from the reach or dorne is a long march with probably a bunch of battles on the way.

That being said, show bad and as much as i'm looking forward to tonight i'm entirely expecting to be disappointed.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Constant posted:

I cant believe no one made a show thread this year :ohdear:

it feels like people have just given up on GoT. no new threads here, no watch parties being set up, barely any coverage on it being back, it's kind of strange.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit

the escape goat posted:

it feels like people have just given up on GoT. no new threads here, no watch parties being set up, barely any coverage on it being back, it's kind of strange.

We pretty much know what to expect at this point.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

the escape goat posted:

It's only 7 episodes with 6 episodes next year. What's the point of getting into it when the author doesn't care anymore about it and the TV show writers are trying to fly through it as fast as possible to get it over with? What's the point of getting into it when as soon as we do it will be over? I expect it's going to be high budget battles between good vs evil from here on out. That's absolutely not why I fell in love with the series.

Oh and it's also going to be written 100% by hacks without the talent of GRRM who only like the shocking and action parts.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Pedro De Heredia posted:

Some things matter more than others.

Where Dany lands doesn't matter because most people who watch the show probably don't know almost anything about the map.

Things like the relative power of sides changing at a whim is more troublesome.

You mean the map that get's show for about a minute on every episode?

TK-42-1 posted:

I mean Dragonstone is loving fine. It's where Aegon started his poo poo. Plus it has a direct line to the capital. Coming in from the reach or dorne is a long march with probably a bunch of battles on the way.

That being said, show bad and as much as i'm looking forward to tonight i'm entirely expecting to be disappointed.

Aegon actually only started on Dragonstone because the Targs owned Dragonstone long before he was born. His actual conquest started near the place where today King's Landing is, where he landed with 1.6k soldiers, his two sisters and 3 dragons. If you factor in the fact that Dany's army has large contingents of troops that specialize on land warfare (Unsullied, Dothraki) and might even be unfit for amphibious warfare (Dothraki in particular) it makes no sense to land on Dragonstone, which offers no advantages except for ~it's my hoooommmmmeeee~

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Just tune in for the realistic fight choreography folks.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Well... it's how you go about locking down the enterance to Blackwater Bay cuz it's right in the middle of it and makes an awesome place to moor your ships while blockading the capitol... but yea, other than that, no real goontactical reason for it.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

jfood posted:

Well... it's how you go about locking down the enterance to Blackwater Bay cuz it's right in the middle of it and makes an awesome place to moor your ships while blockading the capitol... but yea, other than that, no real goontactical reason for it.

That might be a valid strategy, if King's Landing were reliant on sea access and Dany's would not have to acquire provisions for all the Dothraki while blockading KL but moreover, there is a scene where she tells Tyrion "Let's beginn" at the end of the first episode on Dragonstone, clearly indicating that she did not pick Dragonstone to block KL, but because it makes for cool visuals.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Dany will also land in Dragonstone in the books, I mean, come on it's not about mere visuals it's about the fact that everything in ASOIAF has some mythological historical precedence that our protagonists are bound to recreate due to fate and symbolism, or whatever.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

lol... check out the fun-hater who doesn't know poo poo about pretend dragon warfare.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Tenzarin posted:

They already pretended major battles in the show being won instantly with cavalry charges. What difference is it gonna make?

In the books too, of course.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006
I don't know where this thing is going, who will disembowel who or who is going to end up on what throne. Don't really care. All I want for Christmas is for the teenage assholes that gleefully murder people with circus artistry to die horribly.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Whose ready for more badly written dumb schlock!!!!!!!

I'M

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I keep forgetting I've already read the spoilers for this season and thus there's no reason to watch it.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Same.

I am ready for met-expectations!

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Hey I expect high-for-tv-budget-cgi nonsense and I don't think I'm going to be disappointed.

They cut on the episode count just so that they could do more cgi, it's going to be all dragons all the time!!! I'm hyped as gently caress.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Show hasn't hit Dexter levels of bad yet and I watched all of that garbage. 13 hours left, why bail now??

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

GobiasIndustries posted:

Show hasn't hit Dexter levels of bad yet and I watched all of that garbage. 13 hours left, why bail now??

A little more than that, I think.

Some crew person (sound designer or whatnot) hinted that season 8 episodes might be 80+ minutes long

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Watching it to laugh at the silliness with you goons afterwards. More than worth it.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

This is gonna suck.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I read the spoilers and then forgot them, which probably doesn't bode well for the season.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Wait, this poo poo isn't starting until midnight? What the gently caress is this bullshit?

edit: oh I'm dumb and my FIOS has HBO for both East and West

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
I'm anticipating more the returns of some posters I only see in GoT threads than I am anything to do with the show. I hope Mischitary returns this year. And Dolash and Darko.

I can't wait for the Dave Hill jokes.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Eurons a huge pussy on this show. Book euron was like Khal Drago high on cocaine.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

PostNouveau posted:

I read the spoilers and then forgot them, which probably doesn't bode well for the season.
Same
It's convenient though

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Why hasn't this poo poo leaked yet?

Guessing HBO trusts nobody and didn't screen for critics?

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Shneak posted:

Why hasn't this poo poo leaked yet?

Guessing HBO trusts nobody and didn't screen for critics?

No review eps or screenings for critics/journos

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
D&D took it in stride, but the Season 5 leak really pissed off some HBO suits.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Can't wait for this to play out.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
drat no wonder he thought he could stick a sword through his wife's heart to make it perfect.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Tenzarin posted:

Can't wait for this to play out.

Patton Oswalt?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Anyone have that incredible fanart of Jaimie and Brienne in the bathtub?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Can't wait to watch this epic show again.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

I can't wait to see how this show continues to gently caress up the best character (Jaime)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Ciprian Maricon posted:

I can't wait to see how this show continues to gently caress up the best character (Jaime)

He'll spend all season passively watching Cersei gently caress things up, and then he'll get owned by Grey Worm or something.

He might die when he gets owned too because it sure looks like his book plot is headed toward an ending with Lady Stoneheart, therefore extraneous to the show, and they'll probably want to kill one of the big characters this season to make things more extreme. Then again, I don't remember him dying in the spoilers.

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jul 17, 2017

• Locked thread