Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Wheat Loaf posted:

What do Americans think of Blackthorne's American accent? I think it's pretty good but I'm not much of a judge.

I'm so accustomed to him using it (between Arrow and The Dresden Files) that it's a bit weird hearing his natural voice. You know, like Alexis Denisof and David Anders?
The accent's perfectly fine, but he's got such a bad lisp that hish wordsh all schmush togedja like disch.

It's tough listening to him sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Shivakamini Somakandarkram!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I liked McKenna a lot, for the brief time we got to spend with her. She was a civilian, but as a cop, it seemed like she could have handled Oliver and his crazy world back then in Season 1, before it was as insanely comic-booky as it is now.

It helped that Janina Gavankar is one of the most gorgeous women I've ever seen, even among the ridiculously beautiful women in all the Berlantiverse shows. I'm sure she won't return, though.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Aphrodite posted:

New costume for Dinah from EW:

Oh yeah look at those bare... upper arms?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You wouldn't want the gloves to make contact with the top because then that fake leather makes a horrible squeaky sound when it rubs.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Well, every other character on the show besides Ollie has full sleeve costumes. Clearly Dinah and Ollie will be a romance next season, at which point Ollie will piss her off, they'll break up, and they'll spend a couple of seasons being really awkward.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

JazzFlight posted:

The accent's perfectly fine, but he's got such a bad lisp that hish wordsh all schmush togedja like disch.

It's tough listening to him sometimes.

He wasn't that bad on Dresden Files.

I just assume he's roleplaying the long-term effects of alcoholism.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ojjeorago posted:

So like, he flies around in a red suit and identifies what song is playing?

That totally needs to be a Barry Allen gag.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They're bringing back Oliver's maid next season!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I thought Oliver was TV broke.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Most people are taking it as evidence William's mother dies and Oliver asks her to help him with the kid.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

The trailer for the season sure makes it look like the kid's mom died.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHZEeDEwRE0

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Oh man I can't wait. So I guess Slade is a good guy, for now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Best of the CW trailers yet.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
DUDE MICHAEL EMERSON IS JOINING THE SHOW. I have to watch again. I have to. It's loving Finch, man!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

Best of the CW trailers yet.

This doesn't surprise me at all. It's the only one I'm still watching.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

Supergirl wasn't bad last season. More good than bad anyways. But Flash is pretty much unwatchable.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Anatoly (Oliver's Russian frenemy) is also coming back as a recurring character next season.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

gently caress yeah more Manu!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

Supergirl wasn't bad last season. More good than bad anyways. But Flash is pretty much unwatchable.

I love her in the role, but there's just something about the series itself that doesn't grab me at all. But I also LOVE the guy playing Superman on it. I watched his episode and he's so good in the role.

muscles like this! posted:

Anatoly (Oliver's Russian frenemy) is also coming back as a recurring character next season.

I'm happy about this.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

X-O posted:

Even Legends???

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

I love her in the role, but there's just something about the series itself that doesn't grab me at all. But I also LOVE the guy playing Superman on it. I watched his episode and he's so good in the role.

Tiny Superman needs his own show.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Its Rinaldo posted:

Even Legends???

I mean I hear they went full dumb with it but I only caught a couple episodes of the season before I just kind of stopped. It wasn't like Flash where I literally could take no more of it but I just didn't feel I needed to watch anymore.

Rhyno posted:

After all Smallville put us through for a few minutes everything was ok because a great Superman was on TV.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He really is just great in the role. I hope we get some announcement that he'll pop in more this year and/or he gets his own mini or something.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

So Michael Emerson just has to be the guy that Helix rescued from Argus last season right? That just makes too much sense not to be the casting.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

The Manlet of Steel also works.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

X-O posted:

So Michael Emerson just has to be the guy that Helix rescued from Argus last season right? That just makes too much sense not to be the casting.

Yooooooo. Now my money is with you on this.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
Even though 90% of that trailer was S5, what we saw of S6 was really well shot. Like so unlike most of the last few seasons, but I'm guessing they just used a lot of their best looking shots for the trailer.

Also, where's the goatee?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sir Potato posted:

Even though 90% of that trailer was S5, what we saw of S6 was really well shot. Like so unlike most of the last few seasons, but I'm guessing they just used a lot of their best looking shots for the trailer.

Also, where's the goatee?

James Bamford was promoted this year and said he's been trying to give the show a more movie like cinematography feel.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yes but where's the goddamned facial hair.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Yes but where's the goddamned facial hair.

That's going to be the big finale moment. Kind of like Superman putting on the suit having the suit CGIed onto him.

Oliver defeats his biggest foe, and then you get a 5 month timeskip. You hear Felicity's voice "Oliver, he's back". Rambo gear up montage, with the last bit being adjusting his van dyke. LOGO.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ALTERNATELY

Oliver and a Canary, but you can't tell which, are sparring in low light so you only get their silhouettes. Oliver dodges a high kick, but gets caught with a left jab and knocked to the floor. He raises his hands in submission, then flips back his hood revealing the beard.

Then he says "So much for the tolerant left"

LOGO

You never find out which Canary it is so that maybe the internet will shut up.

They won't though.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Aphrodite posted:

James Bamford was promoted this year and said he's been trying to give the show a more movie like cinematography feel.

Hopefully no more pill cutter - appliance housing kitbash props as well.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

That's going to be the big finale moment. Kind of like Superman putting on the suit having the suit CGIed onto him.

Oliver defeats his biggest foe, and then you get a 5 month timeskip. You hear Felicity's voice "Oliver, he's back". Rambo gear up montage, with the last bit being adjusting his van dyke. LOGO.

I do enjoy that enough of you guys know how much I hate Tom Welling and how that finale shook out triggers the gently caress out of me.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

So how excited are you that Tom Welling is gonna be in Lucifer next season?

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew

R-Type posted:

Hopefully no more pill cutter - appliance housing kitbash props as well.

Random props getting destroyed in these action scenes are what make them great. They just stopped using them completely around season 3 and decided that fight scenes in uninteresting flat-surface, dimly lit spaces was good enough and it's not. The best fight scene of all of last season was the one between Ollie and Adrian with about 4 episodes left when they're just going crazy on each other and smashing through walls and poo poo. Give the fights at least some gravity. Warehouses are just poo poo cinematically.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

GreenNight posted:

So how excited are you that Tom Welling is gonna be in Lucifer next season?

He's going to be cast as an angel and then refuse to put the wings or halo on.

Also the pilot was not good so I have yet to get back to that show.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Rhyno posted:

He's going to be cast as an angel and then refuse to put the wings or halo on.

Also the pilot was not good so I have yet to get back to that show.

It's one of the best shows on network television.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's one of the best shows about the devil on Fox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Lord Bude posted:

It's one of the best shows on network television.

That may very well be but the pilot was pretty bad. I even recall many regulars in here panning the show based on the pilot. I never said it was a lovely show or that I would never watch it, I said

quote:

the pilot was not good so I have yet to get back to that show.

So gimmie some time, I still got 7 seasons of Supernatural to wrap up.

• Locked thread