Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

What if everyone from U7 just flat out loses. Preferably before they're anywhere near the final rounds.

The robot universe would win, wish everyone back, and there would be an episode just of the Zenos describing how cool the final fight was while Goku looks disappointed in the background.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
That rat motherfucker has some bad poo poo coming his way sooner rather than later.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Pureauthor posted:

What if everyone from U7 just flat out loses. Preferably before they're anywhere near the final rounds.

I would absolutely love for Toppo and the Pride Troopers to win out and save the universes but who knows. I think if U7 has to win then the Gohan V Toppo final match is the most interesting one, but if it's gonna go down to Goku V Jiren I'd prefer Jiren to be the one to take the win.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Goku would probably wish back all the fighters for more fights.

"So, our homes & families...?"

"Still erased. Sorry!"

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
We've already gotten a shot of Goku, with his shirt off, showing his back to the camera. For him to lose now would be an affront to God and Nature.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Dias posted:

That rat motherfucker has some bad poo poo coming his way sooner rather than later.

Kekekekeehhhhhhhhhhh

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Say what you will about Quitela, he's the smartest villain this show has ever had.

Like, objectively.

No one has ever really pulled off a scheme like he did with Sidra and Rou and gotten away with it. Even Zamasu's plan only succeeded because TIME TRAVEL.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Akumos posted:

What? Why wouldn't Vegeta be stronger with blue?

Gohan was pretty close to his dad in Blue. It was the kaioken blue he couldn't match.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Two Tone Shoes posted:

At the end of the day, Krillin is the second weakest guy there.

Third, probably. He's most likely stronger than Tien and Roshi

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
I've been reading the DBZ manga for the first time, and I noticed that Toriyama is really careful not to have Androids 17 or 18 kill anybody. Even when 17 blows up the truck you get a panel afterward showing the driver lived.

I feel like the anime implies the two of them kill a bunch of random people. And then Krillin looks like an idiot when he doesn't want to kill 18. The whole thing makes a lot more sense in the manga.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

nrook posted:

I've been reading the DBZ manga for the first time, and I noticed that Toriyama is really careful not to have Androids 17 or 18 kill anybody. Even when 17 blows up the truck you get a panel afterward showing the driver lived.

I feel like the anime implies the two of them kill a bunch of random people. And then Krillin looks like an idiot when he doesn't want to kill 18. The whole thing makes a lot more sense in the manga.
Coincidentally, I had just watched the Anime scene where Krillin wishes for the explosives to be removed from 17 and 18 and he brings up that they were basically innocent and hadn't killed anyone.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

RealFoxy posted:

Coincidentally, I had just watched the Anime scene where Krillin wishes for the explosives to be removed from 17 and 18 and he brings up that they were basically innocent and hadn't killed anyone.

Kinda makes you wonder why Future 17 and 18 were so murderous.

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010

TFRazorsaw posted:

Kinda makes you wonder why Future 17 and 18 were so murderous.

I think the idea was that Future 17 and 18 were completed fully by Gero, while present 17 and 18 were released early, so full brainwashing hadn't happened yet?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
They also lacked 16 as a tempering element, I guess.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
The answer is Goku.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I guess its a mix of 16, actually having a Goku to kill instead of waking up with orders that make no sense and being more powerful than their future counterparts, so being harder to control as Gero himself noticed.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

khwarezm posted:

Reminder that Goku has failed to beat the final bad guy in every single Super arc so far.

Reminder Goku hasn't beaten a main villain clean since loving Piccolo Jr. in Dragon Ball OG.

Vegeta took him down to a broken heap opn the grouand and it took a Cheap shot from Yojirobe, and then Gohan and Krillin beating him in with the spirit bomb toss around to send vegeta out.

Freeza took Piccolo distracting him to build up the SB. Goku handled the rest with SS but didn't even finish freeza off either time.

Cell was Gohan.

Buu Was Vegeta wrassling with him and Mr. Satan rallying the people of earth to help while Goku stood there.

What I'm saying is Goku doesn't win fights alone.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jul 16, 2017

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
So watching the "Good Universes" react to 9's erasure as "necessary sacrifice" for balancing energy of the cosmos, how safe is it to bet that wishing the losing 8 universes back into existence sets off the good universes and/or grand priest because UNIVERSAL BALANCE? Either this is just something they brought up with Zeno to get him into an erasing mood and balance of energy is complete bullshit or that together, the "lesser" 9 universes at play in the Tournament of Power take up less energy than the 4 perfect ones, but they think they deserve existence more because of their perfection.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

it's definitely an interesting idea but I still don't buy the Grand Priest being evil, and the Gods of Destruction of the exempt universes seemed to take Goku's side more then anything; they were noting it was a bit silly of the other universes to all team up on Universe 7 when if it wasn't for him they'd all already be dead anyway.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Burkion posted:

Meanwhile Freezer came up even against Kaioken SSJBlue Goku

Goku didn't use Kaioken when they punched each other

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Stallion Cabana posted:

it's definitely an interesting idea but I still don't buy the Grand Priest being evil, and the Gods of Destruction of the exempt universes seemed to take Goku's side more then anything; they were noting it was a bit silly of the other universes to all team up on Universe 7 when if it wasn't for him they'd all already be dead anyway.

Well he might buy into the potential proper gardening of universe more than Zeno who just doesn't care unless something cool is going down or he gets to erase something. Either there's a limited amount of RAM for all of the universes and ToP is a way for one of the "unimportant" programs to prove its right to continue to exist or this is some Zemasu bullshit from the four good universes.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Kriller time was too good to last. I hope 18 fucks Frost up.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Stallion Cabana posted:

It's also easy for the four exempt universes to view things in a more calm manner when they haven't been in a frenzy for the last 40 hours due to their impending demise.

Also it's hard to guess at whatever the Grand Priest's motives are at this point, but the Zenos are idiot children who don't understand the gravity of their actions. The Grand Priest is repeatedly shown as the decision maker behind the two and is fully aware of the scope of his actions. I somewhat doubt he's gonna be the eventual antagonist of the tournament but I'd be legitimately surprised if he doesn't end up as a major villain before Super is over.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spiritus Nox posted:

Kriller time was too good to last. I hope 18 fucks Frost up.

Honestly Frost and the U7 B Team are the only ones who seem to be taking this seriously. Don't get caught in unnecessary fights, wait for an opportunity to strike, and above all else stay in the ring. 18 went off by herself, got caught off guard, and had to be rescued. If she had stuck to the plan Krillin wouldn't have had to split off from the group to rescue her, and wouldn't have been left open for Frost.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

I think him and Goku will fight because he's been set up as a huge deal but I don't think it'll be out of antagonistic focus and I don't think it'll be this soon. I could see another Grand Universe Exhibition Match where Zenos wants to see Goku versus Grand Priest as the finale. It was only like two arcs ago that Whis noted his dad was one of the top 5 strongest people in Existence, so there's awhile to go yet.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I wonder if Frost is going to rethink his allegiances once Frieza goes gold. He probably sees himself and Frieza as equals right now.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I feel like the Tri-Beam should have been the 10th team member instead of Tien.

People like the Tri-Beam, people don't actually give a poo poo about Tien.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

IcePhoenix posted:

Third, probably. He's most likely stronger than Tien and Roshi

It's not very clear who is stronger, but if we go by who has kept up with training, Tien should be stronger than Krillin.

The show treats Tien like he's stronger- no one worries about if Tien is up for the job, Tien basically assumes a Piccolo role in everything he does, Gohan certainly didn't pull any punches against him. Tien also doesn't act like he's weaker like Krillin does, choosing to go straight at enemies instead.

But we have no real way of knowing and it doesn't matter either way.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

tien has specifically called krillin stronger than him before

Burkion posted:

Also the reason why I think Gohan might be stronger than Vegeta now, is because he was able to hang with SSJB Goku. It took Goku going all out with Kaioken to win the fight.

Meanwhile Freezer came up even against Kaioken SSJBlue Goku

gohan kept asking him to go all out and when he did, goku instantly knocked him out

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Krillin has more confidence issues but it doesn't mean he's weaker. Gohan had confidence issues too but he still was stronger than Goku

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Manatee Cannon posted:

gohan kept asking him to go all out and when he did, goku instantly knocked him out

But only because Goku went kaioken, which doubled his power. Gohan was matched with SSB Goku

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

17 was also keeping pace with him in ssb, it doesn't mean anything. it's just their way of saying "hey no this guy isn't useless it's fine"

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Manatee Cannon posted:

tien has specifically called krillin stronger than him before

That was before Krillin gave up fighting, I'm pretty sure. They haven't said anything about it recently.

We'll see how Tien fares. Odds are in his favor though- he did dick all leading up to now, where as Krillin played all of his cards except his team attack with 18.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Manatee Cannon posted:

17 was also keeping pace with him in ssb, it doesn't mean anything. it's just their way of saying "hey no this guy isn't useless it's fine"

Didn't Toyotaro or someone specifically say that, when the tournament began, 17 was like the third strongest on the team?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

toyotaro doesn't count

like y'all are acting like those fights were some kind of tiering process and that makes zero sense. roshi kicked the poo poo out of tien and fought base form goku evenly. now recall that goku also fought buu in base form and they were treated as pretty equal. is roshi about as strong as buu now? no, that's silly. hell, buu should be clowning on base goku as well. then you look at krillin's beam struggle with ssb goku; dude should have instantly evaporated to that, but since he wasn't I guess he's stronger than buu. if gohan is as strong as ssb goku, and piccolo was trashing him throughout their entire training process, does that mean piccolo is stronger than ssb ggoku? no, obviously not. these fights aren't there to show off that a character is as strong as goku or w/e; they're there to show that power levels aren't important for the tournament

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

khwarezm posted:

Didn't Toyotaro or someone specifically say that, when the tournament began, 17 was like the third strongest on the team?

Toyotaro writes what he wants, doesn't mean it's true in anime land.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Frieza has been forgotten in all this.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Burkion posted:

That was before Krillin gave up fighting, I'm pretty sure. They haven't said anything about it recently.

This isn't true at all. Literally before this arc started, outside material repeated that Krillin was the strongest Earthling (as well as pointing out other things, like Gohan having his Ultimate form back, before it was shown in-series).

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

RBX posted:

Frieza has been forgotten in all this.

Goku and Jiren are going to knock each other out at the end, leaving him the victor. He'll wish for a pair of shoes that fit his feet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Kuririn... Is loving epic?!

• Locked thread