Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ventana posted:

Are they just not gonna have any guilty gear characters in there? Why not?

I think saying mvci has been in development for 2 years is being too generous

Because they don't have more modern 2D GG sprites, but that prob won't stop them from using them if they want GG chars tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
when arcsys made the jump from GG to GGX they actually used the same lineart, but drew new sprites over them, they might do the same thing if that ever happens

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

anime was right posted:

theres gonna be a trailer for a smash-style game after t7 developed by ex-blizzard and ex-riot and some project m ppl btw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug88HO2mg44

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Endorph posted:

because theyd have to make new sprites for them that would only get used in this game. their old sprites would look super out of date next to the bb/p4a/uniel ones. if theyre going to make new sprites anyway they might as well reach out to a new demo that might not play FGs much instead of just piling on more arcsys fanboyism.

that said it wouldn't surprise me if like, sol is a bonus character or something

Captain Baal posted:

Because they don't have more modern 2D GG sprites, but that prob won't stop them from using them if they want GG chars tbh

Does that mean the rbwy character's sprites are from some different game? I just assumed they were making new sprites there. If it's all reused sprites then that would make sense

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Ventana posted:

Does that mean the rbwy character's sprites are from some different game? I just assumed they were making new sprites there. If it's all reused sprites then that would make sense

they're adding new sprites to the new ip that doesnt play arcsys fighting games already

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also there's prob gonna be a solo RWBY game after this so if anything they're getting the work done early

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ventana posted:

quote:

if theyre going to make new sprites anyway they might as well reach out to a new demo that might not play FGs much instead of just piling on more arcsys fanboyism.

you lowprofiled that reading comprehension hombre

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

they draw the bb sprites over 3d models if memory serves, so if they really wanted to i'm sure they could convert sol or something. hell i'll be surprised if they don't do at least one.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

im already sold on that blazblue game tbh

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Ventana posted:

Are they just not gonna have any guilty gear characters in there? Why not?

I think saying mvci has been in development for 2 years is being too generous

Only registered members can see post attachments!

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Endorph posted:

whats your agenda

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Keegers posted:

We are to young to remember any mutants, but we definitely remember Darkstalkers characters.

I am too young to remember X-23 in the best comic book movie from this year.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

that arc sys game is gonna have all the sword boys in it so im like 1000% down

also uniel was fuckin sick and fun and yall should play it

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
As a big fan of Jedah they did a good job of making me go "Yeah, that sure is Jedah."

Then made him Ivan Ooze too for some reason? Why is this so loving hard.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

I know it won't happen but what if all the characters from each game were in the BlazBlue tag game. Just imagine it. :allears:

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Official trailer for That One Game Arikia Is Doing, with info on platforms and two new characters, including an old friend...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gulVi0NDVnU

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

Captain Baal posted:

As a big fan of Jedah they did a good job of making me go "Yeah, that sure is Jedah."

Then made him Ivan Ooze too for some reason? Why is this so loving hard.

blood will make the game rated m and not able to come out in some region (without changing blood color/doing effort)

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009
i'm glad to see ArcSys is bringing back anime fighting games full force

next year's evo is gonna be peak anime and it will be good

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I know why they made him purple ooze, but why would you pick a character who has gore and blood so heavily associated with him. It's a really bad effort to make it seem like you didn't forget about Darkstalkers when the outfit is worse and he is missing one of the most defining features of his character.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if theyre reusing sprites i cant imagine them not putting in a decent amount of them. probably not the entire casts but a very large chunk. like 14 from each series + 6ish from rwby.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

Endorph posted:

if theyre reusing sprites i cant imagine them not putting in a decent amount of them. probably not the entire casts but a very large chunk. like 14 from each series + 6ish from rwby.

14 from each series + 6 from rwby = 48 characters? i really doubt this

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They should do 69 characters for the lulz.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

thats obvs on the highend but sprite reuse is a trip my man. guess it depends on how long this has been in development.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

As long as Yukiko and Margaret are in, I'm happy.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The geese is leese in t7

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

anime was right posted:

they're adding new sprites to the new ip that doesnt play arcsys fighting games already

Endorph posted:

When I read that bit I thought it was like a joke or something. For the point about the audience, I still think it's weird to go this way, but hey if there's a chance that the new audience is down for fighting games then it's all good.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

can capcom just pack it up because everyone else making FGs is just thoroughly owning them

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

boxcarhobo posted:

can capcom just pack it up because everyone else making FGs is just thoroughly owning them

no we can make fun of icons now too

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

boxcarhobo posted:

even though capcom is working with sony they are literally pulling an xbox one here.

They made some huge steps forward for fighting game revival in general with sf4 but have been making GBS threads themselves viciously ever since.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

The geese is leese in t7

gently caress yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q81ptFSA4mk

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

anime was right posted:

i wont let you

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Tekken has the King of Bosses, now.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

anime was right posted:

nah that poo poo still looked better than whatever capcom is doing

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
the sound design was really bad and the lighting could use work, but i mean its made by like 12 ppl or something

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

at least icons seemed like it was made by people who wanted to make it

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

anime was right posted:

the sound design was really bad and the lighting could use work, but i mean its made by like 12 ppl or something

yeah like, its a small team and a new ip, im willing to give it a pass, especially since they're hitting a niche that has literally one game

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

anime was right posted:

but enough about mvci

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
yeah the sound design definitely sucks right now but i have enough faith in the P:M team and their past work to give them benefit of the doubt that it'll improve, esp since the gameplay seems exactly what i want so far

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/886715439572598784/photo/1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

so with akuma and geese in tekken, i'd have to guess the GG character will also be a badguy (not that one)