Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Pesticide20 posted:

I looked this up and his reasoning involves the fact that the colony will only be able to have about 40 people. I think there's going to be a bigger problem than gay people if he thinks 40 people is enough to continue the human race.

uh humanity started with TWO people and now look how far we've come thanks adam and eve

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Adam and eve not Adam and steve

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Waroduce posted:

Adam and eve not Adam and steve

:same:

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Pesticide20 posted:

I looked this up and his reasoning involves the fact that the colony will only be able to have about 40 people. I think there's going to be a bigger problem than gay people if he thinks 40 people is enough to continue the human race.

What the congressman had failed to consider is that one of our notable scientists has calculated that the optimal ratio for a reserve breeding population is ten women to each man. Now, this will regrettably necessitate the abandonment of the so-called monogamous sexual relationship, as far as men are concerned. I hasten to add that since each man will be required to do prodigious... service along these lines, the women will have to be selected for their sexual characteristics, which will have to be of a highly stimulating nature.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's also great that he apparently thinks that being gay makes you literally incapable of having sex with a member of the opposite sex.

Or that he doesn't know that artificial insemination exists.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Trans Exclusionary Radical Fatwa

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Dead Reckoning posted:

What the congressman had failed to consider is that one of our notable scientists has calculated that the optimal ratio for a reserve breeding population is ten women to each man. Now, this will regrettably necessitate the abandonment of the so-called monogamous sexual relationship, as far as men are concerned. I hasten to add that since each man will be required to do prodigious... service along these lines, the women will have to be selected for their sexual characteristics, which will have to be of a highly stimulating nature.

Death by Snu-Snu it is.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

so lemme get this straight lard dipped bullets are cool and good but getting shot by a transwarrior is too offensive to radical islamic sensibilities

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

I assume he means because it shows prospective ISIS recruits the depravity and unholiness of the US military or whatever but it's still godamn stupid.

Well yes, the same reasoning could be used to say that American women shouldn't drive cars or learn to read or...
oh right, Gohmert Pyle is probably in favor of that too.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

shame on an IGA posted:

so lemme get this straight lard dipped bullets are cool and good but getting shot by a transwarrior is too offensive to radical islamic sensibilities

The lunatic from Texas is partially correct, but not in the way he thinks :v: It's not ISIS but Russia that produces propaganda against countries with homosexual and transsexual troops http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/latvia-propaganda-1.4162612

quote:

A website with the same name as a prominent Russian news program has re-published infamous photos of convicted killer Russell Williams, a former commander in Canada's air force, posing in women's underwear, suggesting the Canadian military is full of homosexuals and shouldn't be counted on by Latvians.

Canadian commanders had been warned to expect a barrage of negative Russian propaganda over this mission.

The article appeared on a Russian-language news site called Vesti.lv, which is also the name of a TV news show in Russia.

The story mocks Canada's military mission in Latvia with the headline, "The Gay Battlegroup: NATO has dug into Latvia."

It goes on to say that the U.S. has the only worthwhile military in the Baltics and all the others — including Canada — are "deeply comical."

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!

Arc Light posted:

You'll be as rich as the miners in West Virginia, an economy too feeble even to support Walmart.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jul/09/what-happened-when-walmart-left

Oh, that's why McDowell County sounds familiar:

http://reason.com/blog/2017/01/03/mcdowell-county-west-virginia-poverty

:smith:

Edit:

orange juche posted:

Aaaand its a pretty safe bet that they're Trump supporters.

http://www.politico.com/2016-election/results/map/president/west-virginia/

Yep.

Beeb fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jul 16, 2017

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Prop Wash posted:

The lunatic from Texas is partially correct, but not in the way he thinks :v: It's not ISIS but Russia that produces propaganda against countries with homosexual and transsexual troops http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/latvia-propaganda-1.4162612

Look if it's good enough for the Sacred Band of Thebes and the USMC it's good enough for Canada

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
They are auctioning off some moon dust collected by Neil Armstrong when they faked the moon landing.

I'm serious when I say that if I was rich as gently caress that's definitely something I would be interested in owning. It's valued at $2-4 million.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

TBeats posted:

They are auctioning off some moon dust collected by Neil Armstrong when they faked the moon landing.

I'm serious when I say that if I was rich as gently caress that's definitely something I would be interested in owning. It's valued at $2-4 million.

I've got a bridge to sell you.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

tastefully arranged labia posted:

I've got a bridge to sell you.

Do you deliver to nz friend?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Two Finger posted:

Do you deliver to nz friend?

For all the tea in China

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Everyone knows they smoked those moon rocks in their reentry vehicle before being rescued to ascend to the lunar plane and be eligible to join the Illuminati

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Isn't moon dust like insanely dangerous because it's basically aerosol razorblades?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Vasudus posted:

Isn't moon dust like insanely dangerous because it's basically aerosol razorblades?

Turns out ground up moon rocks are pure poison. I am deathly ill.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Vasudus posted:

You wouldn't want to snort it, but I think it's mostly just silica dust.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

SMOKE MOON ROCKS is a bitch

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Vasudus posted:

If that were true wouldn't we have mined significantly more to weaponize ?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Kawasaki Nun posted:

If that were true wouldn't we have mined significantly more to weaponize ?

lol

i could totally see people destroying the moon and causing all sorts of hosed up poo poo to occur on earth for profit, and then blaming it on a liberal conspiracy.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
*horrible bloody cough* trumptron for space president! bring back moon mining jobs!

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I mean, Cave Johnson jokes aside, I remember reading about how they're really sharp and incredibly annoying to handle.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Prop Wash posted:

quote:

It goes on to say that the U.S. has the only worthwhile military in the Baltics and all the others — including Canada — are "deeply comical."

Well they're not wrong... :v:

Especially not when it comes to the Canadian military. CSIS and their SF guys are great, but the regular military is a wreck thanks to a completely hosed procurement process.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

The Iron Rose posted:

Well they're not wrong... :v:

Especially not when it comes to the Canadian military. CSIS and their SF guys are great, but the regular military is a wreck thanks to a completely hosed procurement process.

to be fair the US military is also a wreck and the only reason we accomplish anything is because we have half a trillion dollars backing us.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

TBeats posted:

to be fair the US military is also a wreck and the only reason we accomplish anything is because we have half a trillion dollars backing us.

Our incompetence is only matched and exceeded by the incompetence of every other military on the planet. Everyone's military is a wreck, we just happen to have one that's the least wrecked.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Moon mining would be better than coal mining because silicosis will kill you even quicker.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
We want more dangerous-to-handle moon sprockets! Save moon mining jobs despite how dangerous the process is or useless the product!

Seems about on par with the push behind coal mining, though the usefulness of dialing in lunar travel methods represents a major boon over whatever technologies coal mining has resulted in

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
George Romero died

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Dude I work with started talking earnestly about chemtrails in the office, I loudly announced that I already knew that the US is run by illuminati lizardpeople, he got really red and I think he probably hates me now because everyone started staring at him and me.

Apparently those clouds are all a government plot something something mind control, sterilization, takin are guns etc democrats.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I've mentioned it here before somewhere that my VA psychiatrist is a chemtrail believer. the fuckers are literally everywhere.

TBeats posted:

George Romero died

Is that the zombie guy or the Doom level designer guy?

Because gently caress both of them.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Jul 16, 2017

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

orange juche posted:

Dude I work with started talking earnestly about chemtrails in the office, I loudly announced that I already knew that the US is run by illuminati lizardpeople, he got really red and I think he probably hates me now because everyone started staring at him and me.

Apparently those clouds are all a government plot something something mind control, sterilization, takin are guns etc democrats.

My parents (who are normally pretty loving rational people) one day called me up and said some bull poo poo about chemtrails. They don't listen to Alex Jones so I really wonder what weird crap they got into that day.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Kawasaki Nun posted:

We want more dangerous-to-handle moon sprockets! Save moon mining jobs despite how dangerous the process is or useless the product!

Seems about on par with the push behind coal mining, though the usefulness of dialing in lunar travel methods represents a major boon over whatever technologies coal mining has resulted in

Luckily moon mining and Martian mining necessitate the operators never be exposed to the materials.

I'm 100% in favor of strip mining all of mars and making it a real 40k forgeworld. There is no ecology to protect and every habitable space will be entirely artificial anyway.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

M_Gargantua posted:

Luckily moon mining and Martian mining necessitate the operators never be exposed to the materials.

I'm 100% in favor of strip mining all of mars and making it a real 40k forgeworld. There is no ecology to protect and every habitable space will be entirely artificial anyway.

Uhh the bacterial life we might find could one day evolve to say otherwise, you Monopoly-man strip mining fatcat gently caress!

No martians-4-oil!

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

TBeats posted:

George Romero died

He'll be back.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

M_Gargantua posted:

People would track more and more moon dust into whatever habitat they're living in every time somebody goes outside and then comes back in. It would probably take a while to be a problem, but could over time cause some serious issues.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Is that the zombie guy or the Doom level designer guy?

Because gently caress both of them.

Night of the Living Dead and Dawn of the Dead were cool and good movies, but the genre gets pretty weird and crappy after that. Notable exceptions: Lucio Fulci's Zombi (where a zombie fights a shark under water, no joke) and Return of the Living Dead.

Kinda NSFW for 70s scuba boobs

https://youtu.be/dH2Eh3wEarY

Apparently the shark was fed horse meat full of tranquilizers before that scene, and the zombie is the shark's wrangler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Internet Wizard posted:

People would track more and more moon dust into whatever habitat they're living in every time somebody goes outside and then comes back in. It would probably take a while to be a problem, but could over time cause some serious issues.

i promise you, if humans are involved and the timeline is long enough, we will find a way to royally gently caress it up.

• Locked thread