Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Real hurthling! posted:

you should check for CO leaks in your house if bloodborne gives you headaches.

That's just the insight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
I gave Bloodborne a headache.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Literally nobody of any consequence gives a single gently caress about Bloodborne's frame-pacing.

Norns posted:

Me I guess? Headaches kinda blow

Literally nobody of any consequence

Bloodborne is cool & fun, thanks for reading.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Blow me

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Finally playing Persona 5. drat is it stylish!

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Norns posted:

Blow me

Cant tell if you are doing a funny impression of a sarcastic idiotic whining child or just being one.

Does Poe's Law apply to getting butthurt about video games?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Yes

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Personally, the stutter in Bloodborne was super noticeable.

It's still one of my favorite games ever though.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
So, the EU store is having a Big in Japan sale right now and I've been looking at Akiba's Beat, do anyone have any experience playing this game and what did you think of it?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Bloodborne fanboys can't accept that their very imperfect game is not perfect, and get violent if anyone reminds them of it. You're lucky if any absolutely criticism of their favorite game doesn't bring them out of the woodwork.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Sylphosaurus posted:

So, the EU store is having a Big in Japan sale right now and I've been looking at Akiba's Beat, do anyone have any experience playing this game and what did you think of it?

every time I've ever seen someone talk about that game, it's about how bad it is

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I find it hard to believe that a group of people who post about video games all day and play video games all the time and who nitpick extremely minute details would also feign total ignorance to concepts as simple as "the framerate in Bloodborne is not smooth" and try to shout down very clear demonstrations of it not running smoothly.

It's not a dealbreaker but it is pretty noticeable to anybody with eyes and/or who plays games other than Bloodborne.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sylphosaurus posted:

It's bad, if you really want to try it though it'll be £10-15 in three months

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Andrast posted:

Personally, the stutter in Bloodborne was super noticeable.

It's still one of my favorite games ever though.

this is why I hated it in boost mode. The boosted frame rate actually makes the stutter way more noticeable.

It's noticeable but doesn't bother me outside of boost mode

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Montalvo posted:

Bloodborne is cool & fun, thanks for reading.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I'm getting that new Destiny 2 PS4 Pro in September and I'm excited to try Boost Mode Bloodborne.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

I find it hard to believe that a group of people who post about video games all day and play video games all the time and who nitpick extremely minute details would also feign total ignorance to concepts as simple as "the framerate in Bloodborne is not smooth" and try to shout down very clear demonstrations of it not running smoothly.

It's not a dealbreaker but it is pretty noticeable to anybody with eyes and/or who plays games other than Bloodborne.

Yep I've been replaying it this month and it's super easy to get slowdown:

Lecture Hall 1st Floor, the big room with all the students. Slows like crazy.

Watchdog of the Old Lords' frame rate also takes a poo poo, which makes the fight even more frustrating!

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Policenaut posted:

I'm getting that new Destiny 2 PS4 Pro in September and I'm excited to try Boost Mode Bloodborne.

It's hardly noticeable with BB. =/

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that one torch in old yharnam that murders the fps confuses me because none of the others are nearly as bad as that

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Digirat posted:

Bloodborne fanboys can't accept that their very imperfect game is not perfect, and get violent if anyone reminds them of it. You're lucky if any absolutely criticism of their favorite game doesn't bring them out of the woodwork.

Yeah that's whats happening. Not Noms having a breakdown because someone doesnt care about frame rates as much as him.

"Get violent"lol. you're as hyperbolic as he is. iamthebetterman.jpg

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

All I said was the game had fame pacing issues and was a problem for me.

Yall took offence and called me a broke brain idiot

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Bombadilillo posted:

Yeah that's whats happening. Not Noms having a breakdown because someone doesnt care about frame rates as much as him.

"Get violent"lol. you're as hyperbolic as he is. iamthebetterman.jpg

Thank you for providing another example

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Norns posted:

All I said was the game had fame pacing issues and was a problem for me.

Yall took offence and called me a broke brain idiot

No. Someone said it didnt bother them and you went all

"guess its perfect and theres not any problems."

Like a whining child who got disagreed with.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Digirat posted:

Thank you for providing another example

Did I get violent at you? Need a hug?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I'm so sorry

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Imo Bloodborne is p much the best game ever, but dog piling someone over saying something that is totally true is prime PS4 thread.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

Imo Bloodborne is p much the best game ever,

I played it again on a whim three weeks ago just to see if it holds up and it is SO much better than DS3 that it's staggering.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Eh. I just played them both again and dark souls 3 is fantastic. I'd say Bloodborne just inches it out by a hair.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I'm approaching the end of my Crash 2 playthrough. I have all the clear gems except for the absolute beast of a level that is Cold Hard Crash (made it to the end of the death route last night but slipped off at the end so I couldn't go back :negative:).

That said, I'm still missing two gems, besides Cold Hard Crash, and don't see slots for any more. Anyone know what those might be?

PantsBandit fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jul 16, 2017

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

every time I've ever seen someone talk about that game, it's about how bad it is

Sakurazuka posted:

It's bad, if you really want to try it though it'll be £10-15 in three months
That's really a shame since there are way too few games set in the present day. I guess I could go for Persona 5 but I think I'll hold off until it drops a bit more in price.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Digirat posted:

I am getting violent, yes.

I will soon thrust my clenched fist up your goonpig rear end and rip your entrails out through the ruined orifice.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

PantsBandit posted:

I'm approaching the end of my Crash 2 playthrough. I have all the clear gems except for the absolute beast of a level that is Cold Hard Crash (made it to the end of the death route last night but slipped off at the end so I couldn't go back :negative:).

That said, I'm still missing two gems, besides Cold Hard Crash, and don't see slots for any more. Anyone know what those might be?

Cold Hard Crash's death route is so loving insane. It took me like an hour to do it. My only advice is that the body slam can stop your momentum and you should try to gather 2 Aku Aku masks during the stage and in the route so when you get the other mask in the death route you can abuse the invulnerability to take out all the nitro crates. It won't help that much for you on the way back to get THE ONE CRATE THAT SPAWNS AT THE START when you hit the exclamation crate but it makes a difference.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

Eh. I just played them both again and dark souls 3 is fantastic. I'd say Bloodborne just inches it out by a hair.

I find the first bit of 3 a major slog on replays, especially Undead Burg. The sequence breaking route is excellent but it sucks it gates you at the Archives and you then have to go back and do the "proper" route.

I think BB has much more cohesive tone and story, 3 seems a bit all over the place in that regard and it doesn't seem like it fully commits to the faster combat in the way BB does.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I liked ds3 less each time I played it. never bothered to finish the dlc either because it wasn't fun to me. it's fine but derivative. all of the other games do something unique, but instead ds3 takes those things and says "remember this?"

bloodborne was the opposite. I actually hit the save file cap in that game, which wasn't something I even knew was there until I did it. really liked that game

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
People who think Bloodborne is imperfect are idiots. People who think Bloodborne is perfect are idiots. People who don't know or aren't sure are idiots.

This is a good and true post.

Edit: I've platted every Soulsborne game and they are all good but also bad.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I am getting violent, yes.

I will soon thrust my clenched fist up your goonpig rear end and rip your entrails out through the ruined orifice.

text me

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

After playing Nioh I went back to Bloodborne to try the DLC and everything seemed so stuttery

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I find the first bit of 3 a major slog on replays, especially Undead Burg. The sequence breaking route is excellent but it sucks it gates you at the Archives and you then have to go back and do the "proper" route.

I think BB has much more cohesive tone and story, 3 seems a bit all over the place in that regard and it doesn't seem like it fully commits to the faster combat in the way BB does.

Hm. Definitely don't agree, but different strokes I guess. Sword and boarding it is different than Bloodborne, but I like it just as much. And 3 knocks it out of the park compared to the older games.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I didn't like how a lot of Dark Souls 3 seemed to just be rehashes and repeats from previous Souls games. I understand that was kind of the point with the story given how it's all about this is the last chance with time and space folding in on itself or whatever and I liked the idea but in execution I just felt like I was playing Dark Souls: Greatest Hits (with new Bloodborne speed!) and I didn't like it very much. I still went out of my way to plat it but I never touched the DLC and I'd rather replay Bloodborne over it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ah yeah I mean it's my favourite series ever, ever since I became addicted to BB last year. A Souls game I rank slightly lower than another is still amazing. I still like 3 loads.