Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
ahahahahaahahahah echo fox how are you so bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Schnorkles posted:

ahahahahaahahahah echo fox how are you so bad

I think misplays like that happen when you have two new players.

Damonte seems alright. But he's outplaying Seraph so...maybe not the best indicator of success.

That was a bad teleport. NV still loses the dragon and Seraph leaves a big stack of minions for Looper to collect.

Astounding. Looper does the miracle escape, EchoFox succeeds in the slowest flank, and Gate suddenly can't miss a hook.

I don't know if it's Damonte or Grig but EchoFox is competently playing mid game and doing a good job with lane management.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jul 16, 2017

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
captain flowers head looks like if a jock from a movie with bikini in the title died from being hit by a train and thats how he ended up looking in his open casket viewing.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
TSMs already won baby.... sven finally playing gragas. Also they've already won because they're playing team liquid.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
baby they call me the open casket kid

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Work Friend Keven posted:

TSMs already won baby.... sven finally playing gragas. Also they've already won because they're playing team liquid.

more like

Pee SM

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

TL comfortably translate their teamfight win into losing Rift Harold

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

TL carefully win another fight & use their map advantage to lose dragon and a turret. Now thats macro baby.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

TL strategically give up an inhibitor at 24 minutes

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
TL are so bad lmao

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
I was disappointing in Bjergs Syndra. Like it wasn't bad, it was probably better then 99% of all Syndra's but I just expect More you know?

Build Mejei's everytime

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

i'm the support galio

e: lmao

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Such disrespect, buying a dark seal vs bjergsen? I look forward to this upstart team to be taught.

ate shit on live tv fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jul 17, 2017

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

The renekton talia corki team got ahead of the trist cassio early good thing team liquid has good macro and will be able to close this out before TSM gets their items.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Props to DL there.

e: more props for the follow up triple.

ate shit on live tv fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jul 17, 2017

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Piglet...?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

seriously though what the gently caress was piglet doing up there as the long range poke ADC

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

appreciate when players do homages to their peers, as piglet did his best wildturtle impression

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

appreciate when players do homages to their peers, as piglet did his best wildturtle impression

Didn't flash in. 5/10

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

that wall lol

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

That was an extremely good move by Doublelift. Piglet needs some loving pen already!!!

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

This Echo Fox v. NV game 3 is pretty horrid.

Echo Fox has readily reverted to their Froggen/Akaadian ability.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Looper with the, um... interesting Flash.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

What the heck sort of engage was that? All Echo Fox did was trap Keith.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Hypocrisy posted:

What the heck sort of engage was that? All they did was trap Keith.

That was just a terrible lack of team coordination.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

what a sad, wet fart of an ending

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
So Jatt has ranked Jensen as the best midlaner in NA along with Sneaky being ranked as NA's best ADC and Smoothie always being mentioned as NA's best support player, I can't tell where they go from here when they do their Top/Jungle tier lists :riot:

Also Froggen is ranked #3 behind Jensen and Bjerg

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

RealFoxy posted:

So Jatt has ranked Jensen as the best midlaner in NA along with Sneaky being ranked as NA's best ADC and Smoothie always being mentioned as NA's best support player, I can't tell where they go from here when they do their Top/Jungle tier lists :riot:

Also Froggen is ranked #3 behind Jensen and Bjerg

Sneaky is washed up and Jensen isn't S-tier, he's just an S-hat.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I believe Jatt's logic for putting Jensen ahead of Bjerg in week five is that Jensen consistently is able to show up and perform well even when his team is inting, and a lot of C9's win conditions are based entirely around if Jensen is doing well or not, whereas Bjerg plays consistently good on a team of other consistently good players. Basically, Jensen is performing at Bjerg's level even when not surrounded by top-tier NA talent, which makes him "better."

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

You cannot convince me that Jensen is a better player than Bjerg. He's gotten better, but he still plays like it's solo queue where he stays in lane the entire game and tries to preserve his KDA above all things.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Vermain posted:

I believe Jatt's logic for putting Jensen ahead of Bjerg in week five is that Jensen consistently is able to show up and perform well even when his team is inting, and a lot of C9's win conditions are based entirely around if Jensen is doing well or not, whereas Bjerg plays consistently good on a team of other consistently good players. Basically, Jensen is performing at Bjerg's level even when not surrounded by top-tier NA talent, which makes him "better."

This logic by jatt is funny when then everyone else on c9 is rated higher than tsm counterpart. At some point players on tsm need to be rated at the top for this wacky logic to pan out. And they only have hauntzer and sven left :laugh:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

The tier lists have, of course, gotten it mostly right at the lowest tiers, but the top tiers really feel more like them pushing a narrative rather than looking at things with a fully critical eye. I just do not understand how you don't put Doublelift at the top of your standings right now. I've been scathing of his ridiculously HAM "gotta carry the game at all costs" mentality in the past, but he's almost completely overcome that. I think he's made maybe one or two really poor offensive Flashes this entire split, and he's been caught maybe once doing the ol' Sidelane Shuffle. He's played selfless ADCs like Ashe immaculately and landed some absolutely top tier ults, and has some downright cerebral Tristana play on the books. Even when I see Sneaky playing well, it's mostly been him playing extremely standard high level ADC play. That's impressive, but I simply do not think it's worth putting him above Doublelift at this point.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Shadow225 posted:

You cannot convince me that Jensen is a better player than Bjerg.

Jensen is both physically and mentally stronger

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://twitter.com/parthenaan/status/881331733672583168
and
https://twitter.com/parthenaan/status/886783158472941570

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

TSM is the best team and legit appear to be using regular season to try different play styles. If you have anyone but bjerg, hauntz0r, and doublelift at the top for their respective positions, you're just trying to find something to shout speak about on your weird fake espn ripoff esports segment.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Work Friend Keven posted:

TSM is the best team and legit appear to be using regular season to try different play styles. If you have anyone but bjerg, hauntz0r, and doublelift at the top for their respective positions, you're just trying to find something to shout speak about on your weird fake espn ripoff esports segment.

i somehow clicked on something on the esports site and saw an Around The Horn type segment

why does this exist

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Dragongem posted:

i somehow clicked on something on the esports site and saw an Around The Horn type segment

why does this exist
The director of E-Sports at Riot Games saw OGN and all the well-done content they put out and decided they wanted to do the exact opposite which is ESPN, another company that will be dead in 10 years.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Vermain posted:

Ya imo Jensen is a better individual player but overall Jensen is better. Both are S+ they just have different styles.

C9 were always bad imo. They have good players but 0 macro. They just waited for late game teamfights to win.

Looks like another free split for TSM. No one looks as good as them. IMT/DIG if they stay consistent which they have shown in the past they won't and CLG hasn't looked good vs the top teams imo aka IMT/TSM.

Also don't understand EF dropping Froggen who is legit top 3 midlaner and has nearly all their mvp awards. They didn't even play better as a team without him and Damonte was fine but not as good as Froggen. Froggen is almost always a monster in teamfights for EF even on Assassin picks.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I don't know if froggen is maybe looking to leave the team/retire soon so they're trying to give his replacement stage time and just sacrificing playoffs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Ulio posted:

Ya imo Jensen is a better individual player but overall Jensen is better. Both are S+ they just have different styles.

C9 were always bad imo. They have good players but 0 macro. They just waited for late game teamfights to win.

Looks like another free split for TSM. No one looks as good as them. IMT/DIG if they stay consistent which they have shown in the past they won't and CLG hasn't looked good vs the top teams imo aka IMT/TSM.

Also don't understand EF dropping Froggen who is legit top 3 midlaner and has nearly all their mvp awards. They didn't even play better as a team without him and Damonte was fine but not as good as Froggen. Froggen is almost always a monster in teamfights for EF even on Assassin picks.

I agree that Jensen is at least as good as Jensen.

• Locked thread