Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash

GreenMarine posted:

What's up with Necrons? Almost every kit is sold out online.

I really want an IG Manticore tank but they're out of stock online and crap painted ones on ebay are going for $70

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Same thing with Carnifexes, sold out online and in store.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Guess we're getting a preview of the meta.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Meanwhile the first bids for First Strike stuff are up on eBay. $10 each for the Inceptor and Reiver sprues.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Hey guys I talked with the TG mods and they're cool with leaks so long as they don't break NDAs. So the next time someone finds the stats for the new Primaris Murderfart Butttrain feel free to post them here.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Primaris Murderfart Butttrain

Please dont doxx me and my erotic fan fiction

thesurlyspringKAA
Jul 8, 2005
For 200 points, the Space Marines can get a 7 man devastator squad with 4 lascannons.

The same 200 points with Tau gets you one broadside with railgun, 2 plasma rifles, and 2 drones.

Just under 200 points: 3 crisis suits, one fusion blaster each.

What's the best way to communicate with GW to tell them the points values are all out of whack right now? I mean, am I crazy or are tau suits just total dogshit at the moment?

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Hey guys I talked with the TG mods and they're cool with leaks so long as they don't break NDAs. So the next time someone finds the stats for the new Primaris Murderfart Butttrain feel free to post them here.

no

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
The Crisis suits move twice as far, can fall back and still shoot, can assault fliers as a last ditch and avoid being shot by them next turn, and have two wounds each.

Have you considered that the points account for things you don't use or like using?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

BULBASAUR posted:

Hey you Ork players. Do any of you fine goons have any of these bits floating around?

Isn't that an IG piece and yeah I got a bunch.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Strobe posted:

The Crisis suits move twice as far, can fall back and still shoot, can assault fliers as a last ditch and avoid being shot by them next turn, and have two wounds each.

Have you considered that the points account for things you don't use or like using?

3 wounds each, at T5.

I dunno crisis suits seem pretty good to me.

Broadsides probably costs too much though. If 200 points only gets you one broadsides with a drone, you can get a leman russ for 190. Broadsides has way less toughness and wounds than a vehicle. Comparing it to a predator is probably good, since the heavy rail rifle compares well with the TL lascannon predator, and one of those is about 170.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Strobe posted:

no man you don't understand the only thing that matters in this game is the MEQ of the guns on the models

e: Agree though that broadsides seem bad rn

thesurlyspringKAA
Jul 8, 2005

Strobe posted:

4 lascannons hitting on 3+ is WAY more firepower than 3 fusion blasters that hit on 4+
The point I was making is that a crisis team has to be 300+ points in order to hit with any real power, and at that price point a marine player could bring even more poo poo.
I haven't even played a game against marines yet this edition, but things aren't lookin good.

Edit: and they don't move twice as far. They move 2 inches more than a devastator.

thesurlyspringKAA fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jul 17, 2017

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
No but seriously you don't understand that things like more wounds per model, the ability to move further distances, ignore terrain when moving, and the ability to fall back and still shoot are things that increase the points value of the models?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Primaris Murderfart Butttrain

You forgot the Venerable

thesurlyspringKAA
Jul 8, 2005

TheChirurgeon posted:

No but seriously you don't understand that things like more wounds per model, the ability to move further distances, ignore terrain when moving, and the ability to fall back and still shoot are things that increase the points value of the models?

Yes I understand a crisis should cost more than a devastator. I just think they shouldn't cost as much as they do right now. Plasma rifles, the crisis bread and butter weapon, are now objectively worse than their imperial counterpart, even without overcharge!Additionally, they cost more per weapon.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

thesurlyspringKAA posted:

Yes I understand a crisis should cost more than a devastator. I just think they shouldn't cost as much as they do right now. Plasma rifles, the crisis bread and butter weapon, are now objectively worse than their imperial counterpart, even without overcharge!Additionally, they cost more per weapon.

Tau plasma rifles are 11, marine plasma rifles are 13

Also tau is going to be hitting poo poo with markerlights most of the time, that is factored into the cost. if it wasn't then you'd need to pay 50 points more per markerlight. So the BS difference doesn't matter that much. Tau is effectively BS 3.5+ after one markerlight.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
Wargear and abilities don't have to cost the same across factions. It's OK for one faction to pay more for some ability than another faction, especially if that ability is supposed to be outside of that faction's core competency. Also it's OK for weapons to cost more/less depending on the unit they'll go on.

And anyway, Chutche2 is right, Plasma guns cost a cupola points more than a plasma rifle

thesurlyspringKAA
Jul 8, 2005

chutche2 posted:

Also tau is going to be hitting poo poo with markerlights most of the time, that is factored into the cost. if it wasn't then you'd need to pay 50 points more per markerlight. So the BS difference doesn't matter that much. Tau is effectively BS 3.5+ after one markerlight.

Tau plasma rifles are fired at guardsman BS and guardsmen pay 7 points for a more versatile weapon with the ability to re-roll ones while overcharging if near a commander. Imperial plasma is straight better, objectively.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Guardsmen can't ignore cover, move as fast, or have three wounds each. The platform that a weapon can go on is a part of its cost.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Tau plasma rifles are fired at guardsman BS and guardsmen pay 7 points for a more versatile weapon with the ability to re-roll ones while overcharging if near a commander. Imperial plasma is straight better, objectively.

Giving rerolls to guardsmen means having commanders either right next to them or investing more points into a vox network, and you only get 1-2 orders per commander, and it only works for guard infantry.

A markerlight works for every tau model firing at the target after hitting it once.

Edit: And yeah, guard plasma is on a T3 W1 5+ save dude, Tau plasma is on a T5 W3 3+ save dude.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Tau can also use any drone within 3" with Savior Protocols as ablative wounds. The FW heavy gun drones have 3 wounds each themselves, so even if it just eats the attack as a single mortal wound, it can do it 2 more times. Not to mention it's dual 18" Assault 4 S5 guns.

Sure they're 18 points a piece, but I'd say that's well worth it for that much more additional firepower.

Edit: And they have a markerlight.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

Tau can also use any drone within 3" with Savior Protocols as ablative wounds. The FW heavy gun drones have 3 wounds each themselves, so even if it just eats the attack as a single mortal wound, it can do it 2 more times. Not to mention it's dual 18" Assault 4 S5 guns.

Sure they're 18 points a piece, but I'd say that's well worth it for that much more additional firepower.

Edit: And they have a markerlight.

Those sound pretty loving awesome, then. I'd pay 18 points to give my characters or terminators 3 more wounds.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
Imperium is the strongest right now. Especially with Guillimon. The Slaughterhouse GT in North Dakota just finished and the top 3 lists all had Robby G. WInning list was 6 Storm Ravens and Robby G.

Yeah, Tau have Markerlights. Marines get to reroll hits and wounds if near their special character.

Naramyth needs to get in here and give a more detailed report.

thesurlyspringKAA
Jul 8, 2005

chutche2 posted:

Those sound pretty loving awesome, then. I'd pay 18 points to give my characters or terminators 3 more wounds.

Ah the answer to "crisis and broadsides are way overpriced" is "just buy some forgeworld drones for them"

Go ahead and link me the drones, I'll buy em.

Edit: which of these is a heavy gun drone ?
https://imgur.com/gallery/1Vg7h

thesurlyspringKAA fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jul 17, 2017

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

chutche2 posted:

Throw in some DX-4 technical drones, and you can heal D3 wounds to one Battlesuit in a unit on a 4+, or remove cover saves from one enemy unit within 12". :getin:

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Ah the answer to "crisis and broadsides are way overpriced" is "just buy some forgeworld drones for them"

People in here seem to all be agreeing broadsides cost too much, but I think crisis suits are fine.

Hell, compare a broadsides to a venerable dread, you can get one of them with a twin lascannon and a missile launcher for 165.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Holy poo poo someone is out-Cupola-ing Cupola himself.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

:eyepop: Jeez, dude.

Also, Broadsides are good as hell.

Kilazar
Mar 23, 2010

chutche2 posted:

Markerlight chat. Marker lights suck. It is really hard to get that +1 bs 5th light. I stopped running marker drones in favor of gun drones and token markers for the level 1 reroll effect. I dont use crisis teams cause a commanders get the job done better.

As far as the no cover save marker level, I bypass cover with a recon drone now.

The tau players in my local meta that are still trying massed mkl and crisis teams are getting stomped While my 4 mkl drone list is holding number one in our league for 4 weeks now, with 13 games. Only lost 1 and it was a real close loss against chaos. And that loss was due to my opponent being really good and me making a bad target elimination choice with my breacher pf fish team and not sealing the kill.

Crisis suits are not worth their points in my limited experience. And markers are nothing to really be feared this edition.

Kilazar fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jul 17, 2017

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Kilazar posted:

Markerlight chat. Marker lights suck. It is really hard to get that +1 bs 5th light. I stopped running marker drones in favor of gun drones and token markers for the level 1 reroll effect. I dont use crisis teams cause a commanders get the job done better.

Oh, no doubt Getting 5 markerlight hits on one target is super unlikely. He was just acting like BS 3+ vs 4+ was a huge deal, when it's pretty easy to get some token markerlights to hit a few things to give everything rerolls, and that narrows the gap a lot. Yeah marines can get rerolls too, if you're using the right HQs and having them sit by your guns not doing much.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Just played my first games of 8th ed. Had a hilarious moment where my malignant plaguecaster died to perils of the warp and took out 2 lietenants, 3 hellblasters, and an ancient with him.

Just clarifying, can you shoot through friendly units? I was running some plague marines behind poxwalkers and we were wondering if they can shoot through the screen to the enemy.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Geoff Zahn posted:

Just played my first games of 8th ed. Had a hilarious moment where my malignant plaguecaster died to perils of the warp and took out 2 lietenants, 3 hellblasters, and an ancient with him.

Just clarifying, can you shoot through friendly units? I was running some plague marines behind poxwalkers and we were wondering if they can shoot through the screen to the enemy.

If you can see it, you can shoot it. No screening cover saves anymore either.

Also perils is d3 mortal wounds to each unit, are you sure you did that right?

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Geoff Zahn posted:

Yeah, just had a unit of killa kans unleash skorchas on my HQ going through a big CC pile, and it felt...weird.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
Robooty is kinda nuts right now.

In an addendum to the story where he got back up and slaughtered half my army we later decided to see what would happen if he fought a knight.

Each got a round of shooting, each takes 4 damage.

Knight was given the charge, proceeds to land with a single 1 damage kick. Takes 15 wounds plus 5 mortal in return, killing it.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
So my local GW manager did a fairly wicked thing on the weekend.

All the regulars who were hanging about were challenged to paint one of the 'Learn2Paint' Bigmars in a unique chapter. The chapter itself was decided by way of ONLINE RANDOM CHAPTER GENERATOR (seriously, click, it's a hoot)

8 people were handed the Bigmar, and given a couple weeks to create their abomination. Many brave people pressed the 'Generate Chapter' button and accepted their fate:
  • Desolation Tigers
  • Blood Avengers
  • Dancing Sharks
  • Grail Justicars
  • Sapphire Angels
  • War Brothers
  • Doom Falcons
  • Regal Consuls
...SOME rules were placed on known guys, such as the Desolation Tigers guy was not allowed to use a palette of Red and Black, as he does that all the time, and the War Brothers dude was mandated to have an exposed head. the Dancing Sharks guy very nearly veto'd his name but after some careful though decided to roll with it. One other dude joined in, but he rolled Thunder Wyverns and decided he didn't like it (Which is a travesty) as such he will create something on his own. The Desolation Tigers guy is currently agonising over 'how much tiger print is too much' for example.

Funnily enough, I am the guy who rolled Doom Falcons, and my submission has already been accepted and is now displayed in store alongside the 'pro painted' demo model for Dark Imperium.

So it isn't strictly a competition, but damned if it isn't super fun and exciting to watch in progress. If people are interested, I will keep people posted on the progress in this thread?

a cock shaped fruit fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jul 17, 2017

Alokgen
Aug 14, 2005

Are you saying I'm a sinner?

Sykic posted:

I'm honestly not sure I'd want old marines anymore, just because they look so much worse compared to primaris. The intercessors anyway, the gravis stuff looks silly. Speaking of things that look bad, I finished a test intercessor.

And here I thought squatting marines was the problem all these years. :v:

Looks dope. Good job.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

seems legit

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

The Ultra Marines being distinct from the Ultramarines would actually be a funny idea for a custom chapter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

chutche2 posted:

If you can see it, you can shoot it. No screening cover saves anymore either.

Also perils is d3 mortal wounds to each unit, are you sure you did that right?

But like... can they technically see through? I know it says your models can shoot through other models in the same unit, but nothing about shooting through other units. Wouldnt poxwalkers block the LOS? Id like to think i can shoot through but I dont want to be unfair.

And yeah we did it right - should have said everyone was wounded already.