Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

...Has Tien even had a line since the tournament started? "HAAAAAAAAAAAGH" doesn't count.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Can there be a thread challenge where nobody loving mentions Reddit or the DBZ fanbase for 3 days

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

look I know that there are some bad posts from time to time but shutting the thread for 3 days isn't the answer

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

ImpAtom posted:

Trunks explicitly doesn't recognize Android 19 so if he existed he wasn't anything significant.

Trunks was also literally a baby at that time.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Can there be a thread challenge where nobody loving mentions Reddit or the DBZ fanbase for 3 days

What about Radditz?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Rhonne posted:

What about Radditz?

Mediocre

But acceptable

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Nalin posted:

Trunks was also literally a baby at that time.

Yeah but he knew about a bunch of stuff because his mom taught him. Presumably if Android 19 had actually shown up she'd have at least gone over it.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
why didn't they recruit radditz from hell

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

TheKingofSprings posted:

I originally read it as Raditz.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Cease to Hope posted:

That would be kind of cool considering he's Goku's only loving BROTHER.

But probably he reincarnated or some poo poo and he's pathetic anyway. Vegeta would die laughing.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Wouldn't new Vegeta love to train and help his fellow Sayian brother

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Redditz

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Assumedly 19/20 just died to 17/18 and whatever attacks 19/20 did were just attributed to 17/18.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I was thinking about it and I'm kinda surprised we didn't get an extended movie about the demise of Future Trunks' timeline. Like, not just the Gohan thing, but Vegeta and all the other dudes getting bodied Rogue One-style.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
goku and vegeta and frieza i think are way stronger than gohan. i feel like goku was holding back in all his prelim fights , in order to give confidence to his allies.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Do you think we're going to get a new Super Saiyan form out of this? Other than Legendary Super Saiyan becoming canon?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Covok posted:

Do you think we're going to get a new Super Saiyan form out of this? Other than Legendary Super Saiyan becoming canon?

we did. It's Super Saiyan Berserker.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I want ssj3 form, but blue with God ki.

and I want Caulifla to be the one to achieve it.

Covok
May 27, 2013

TFRazorsaw posted:

Covok posted:

Other than Legendary Super Saiyan becoming canon?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

TFRazorsaw posted:

He already said "other than Legendary Super Saiyan becoming canon". And if your argument is with the name, "Berserker" is entirely fan-made, the form has not been named in any way as of yet and is blatantly Broly's signature form.

I do think we could get new forms though. There's that red flash from Goku in the opening, and how Gohan wants to obtain a never-before-seen "Ultimate" form. I'm not saying we are or are not though, the red flash could easily be Goku just overclocking his Kaio-ken to ridiculous levels (Lord Slug's x100 made canon!) and the latter could just end up with Gohan getting nothing because Gohan, but they're distinct possibilities.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I missed where he said Legendary Super Saiyan.

That being said, I was just going off the wiki calling it something different, so I thought it was official.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

He already said "other than Legendary Super Saiyan becoming canon". And if your argument is with the name, "Berserker" is entirely fan-made, the form has not been named in any way as of yet and is blatantly Broly's signature form.

I do think we could get new forms though. There's that red flash from Goku in the opening, and how Gohan wants to obtain a never-before-seen "Ultimate" form. I'm not saying we are or are not though, the red flash could easily be Goku just overclocking his Kaio-ken to ridiculous levels (Lord Slug's x100 made canon!) and the latter could just end up with Gohan getting nothing because Gohan, but they're distinct possibilities.

SSB + Kaio Ken × 1,000,000,000,000,000

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Cease to Hope posted:

Raditz presumably has moved on to reincarnation, presumably as a heat vent worm.

Hey, maybe if Goku and co. murder all the gods, nobody will ever be reincarnated! They'll keep their identities forever, and stack up in the afterlife like cordwood, beseeching the living to grant them the eternal boon of resurrection.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Spiritus Nox posted:

...Has Tien even had a line since the tournament started? "HAAAAAAAAAAAGH" doesn't count.

I think in the most recent episode he says "wow that sucks" after U9 gets deleted

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

TFRazorsaw posted:

Trunks actually started to do it in the Zamasu arc so foreshadowing.

Cease to Hope posted:

Reincarnation is a thing in the Dragonball universe it's the same reason they can't wish back the saiyans. Although you could probably use a dragonball wish and maybe ask a kai for new souls to reincarnate as saiyans. At this point since every human-saiyan descendant has a 50/50 shot of being a saiyan it'd be easier to wait it out.

Speaking of Kai's they have to fix Shin being the only kai so right? Shouldn't there be a few around? Part of the reason he's so bad at his job is it's supposed to be done with 3 other people. Also Goku and Vegeta would be terrible GoD's especially Goku. That's probably why it's Toppo and not Jiren you got to have the right mindset if it was just a strength thing Jiren wins.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Covok posted:

At least 2. Gohan's and Goku's

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
that poster with "the work of the gods ends here" is loving cool

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

New theory: King Vegeta and Bardock reincarnated as Trunks and Goten, respectively.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/886731657444765696

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The Awesomesaurus posted:

New theory: King Vegeta and Bardock reincarnated as Trunks and Goten, respectively.

I like this theory, but the idea that Trunks and Goten are Vegeta and Goku if they had grown up as normal kids is better in my headcanon

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I must've missed it, but is Vegeta completely down with becoming a god of destruction?

Because I too, am also down with that, reaffirmation of the importance of family and all, still completely down with ascending to godhood and taking the job.

I mean, it seems like an easy job anyway, right? Mostly everything in U7 is dead anyway except for earth. At this point it's just putting out small fires

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jul 17, 2017

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
You know, with all this talk about reincarnation, I think I preferred the filler and GT depiction of hell as an ex villain support group. It was fun seeing Cell, Frieza and the Ginyu force mope around watching whatever Goku and the gang were up too with no way to affect things.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Reminder that Cell is never coming back because Toriyama and everybody involved in the art of the show hate doing his spots, and that matters more than any other reason for why we got Freeza instead of Cell.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Cell being brought back, and having him follow the directions of older Gohan as a Team Leader would've been pretty awkward.

Frieza has a huge motivation in comparison to Cell. I say this as someone who would've preferred Cell than Frieza by the way. Ressurection F happened, and Frieza not letting go because a concussed monkey with bad hair bested the emperor of everything not once, not twice by another monkey, but thrice, is good motivation enough

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Cell is back and now... He's Spotless Cell. More perfect than ever before

"I took a bath and they washed right off!" He says, walking out of bulma's house wearing a shower cap and towel to meet the z-fighters upon their return home from the tournament

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

-Fish- posted:

Reminder that Cell is never coming back because Toriyama and everybody involved in the art of the show hate doing his spots, and that matters more than any other reason for why we got Freeza instead of Cell.

A bit like the 'Fans forced Toriyama to make Goku the protagonist again instead of Gohan' thing from earlier, there are so many exaggerations, poorly translated interviews and straight up lies about this sort sort of thing floating around in the Dragonball fandom that I have to wonder if it's that straightforward.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Fargin Icehole posted:

I must've missed it, but is Vegeta completely down with becoming a god of destruction?

Because I too, am also down with that, reaffirmation of the importance of family and all, still completely down with ascending to godhood and taking the job.

I mean, it seems like an easy job anyway, right? Mostly everything in U7 is dead anyway except for earth. At this point it's just putting out small fires

The moment Whis tells him that he needs to accept that role to be trained by him, Vegeta evades the question hard by exploiting Whis' love for food to get the training anyways.

While Goku has been very direct about not wanting godhood (and this is not even the first time, he also refused to get Kami's role), Vegeta has been far more subtle about it to get all the advantages he could out of Whis and Beerus. Nonetheless, he's still clearly against it.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

khwarezm posted:

A bit like the 'Fans forced Toriyama to make Goku the protagonist again instead of Gohan' thing from earlier, there are so many exaggerations, poorly translated interviews and straight up lies about this sort sort of thing floating around in the Dragonball fandom that I have to wonder if it's that straightforward.

I'm sure there are plenty of other reasons on top of that one, but that one's probably the one that would be hardest to work around. I can't attest to the accuracy of the translation of the interviews and whatnot, but my wife and all her friends are art folks, and they'd loving riot if an employer tried to get them to consistently draw that mess over and over again.

-Fish- fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jul 17, 2017

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

-Fish- posted:

I'm sure there are plenty of other reasons, but that one's probably the one that would be hardest to work around. I can't attest to the accuracy of the translation of the interviews and whatnot, but my wife and all her friends are art folks, and they'd loving riot if an employer tried to get them to consistently draw that mess over and over again.

I guess, but at the end of the day they had him around as the main villain for more than fifty episodes with regular cameos thereafter, second only to Frieza in that regard. I doubt that the art is really preventing them from bringing him back, if it came to it they could simplify his design a bit and I'm sure the fans would settle.

From what I can tell this all comes from an interview where Toriyama basically just said it was a bitch to draw all of those drat spots but he didn't go on to say that as a result he'll never show up again and that is the final word of god.

New transformation, Platinum Cell with oddly missing spots. Boom, now he can imitate Frieza with aplomb.

khwarezm fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Jul 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Kelp Plankton posted:

Cell is back and now... He's Spotless Cell. More perfect than ever before

"I took a bath and they washed right off!" He says, walking out of bulma's house wearing a shower cap and towel to meet the z-fighters upon their return home from the tournament

Yeah I think that was a thing that I brought up too. If they have such a big problem with it then, and it's a thing now, just give him a spotless form and everything'd be gravy.

I mean, gently caress it, who cares, this is a series that prides on ditching logic

• Locked thread