Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Night and Dawn are excellent, Day isn't great, Land is bad and Diary of the Dead is legit one of the worst horrors movies ever made. The acting is ATROCIOUS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
For non Zombie movies: Creepshow, Martin, Nightriders, and Tales from the Darkside were also good to great Romero movies/shows.

I will always like that Romero's first gig was working on Mr. Roger's Neighborhood and getting inspired to do Night of the Living Dead after working on a episode where Mr. Roger's got throat surgery. Mr. Rogers actually supported Romero and after the first screening said to him that it was a great movie.

Maybe my town/mall will finally get a statue of him made since Dawn of the Dead is one of the big reasons why people still go to that mall, especially around comic convention/Halloween season

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
I made a best of Jack compilation

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Where the hotdogs at

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

achillesforever6 posted:

For non Zombie movies: Creepshow, Martin, Nightriders, and Tales from the Darkside were also good to great Romero movies/shows.

I will always like that Romero's first gig was working on Mr. Roger's Neighborhood and getting inspired to do Night of the Living Dead after working on a episode where Mr. Roger's got throat surgery. Mr. Rogers actually supported Romero and after the first screening said to him that it was a great movie.

Maybe my town/mall will finally get a statue of him made since Dawn of the Dead is one of the big reasons why people still go to that mall, especially around comic convention/Halloween season

thats cool and makes me like mister rogers more.

polishthunder84
Jul 29, 2014

You feel it too, don't you?

Groovelord Neato posted:

skinny mike and skinny rich are Not Canon.

this

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

New Planet of the Apes movie is loving excellent.

Emphatically agree. I dunno if it was just emotionally manipulative or if I'm a little bitch but I was invested in the CGI apes the entire time and got a little weepy.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

thats cool and makes me like mister rogers more.

I would love to have seen what his reactions were while watching it.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Schweinhund posted:

I wanna make a compilation of every time they celebrate that Milwaukee is mentioned:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kakU6kQDmU4&t=2211s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3plH6M1LadY&t=2380s

But I think that's it.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Schweinhund posted:

g*d bless u

canned from the band
Sep 13, 2007

I'm a man of intensity. Of cool, and youth, and passionately
Watching pre rectum. They're playing Battlegrounds, which is super fun, but OMG they're sooooo bad and boring.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

pre rec gets a pass from me because jack and rich were the only people that were right about alien isolation.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

FrensaGeran posted:

Emphatically agree. I dunno if it was just emotionally manipulative or if I'm a little bitch but I was invested in the CGI apes the entire time and got a little weepy.

It's the best CGI I've ever seen

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I don't want the monkey movies to be good.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
lol new blade runner trailer minces no words about deckard being a replicant unless that is some extremely misleading poo poo

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

bring back old gbs posted:

lol new blade runner trailer minces no words about deckard being a replicant unless that is some extremely misleading poo poo

Man, Ridley Scott just will not let it go. "If you make this new Blade Runner movie you be sure to bring back Harrison Ford and you be drat sure he's a replicant!".

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I replicant believe Harrison Ford isn't dead irl.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

reignofevil posted:

I replicant believe Harrison Ford isn't dead irl.

Every day he gets into the cockpit of a plane, is a chance we may get video of his fiery death.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

reignofevil posted:

I don't want the monkey movies to be good.

They are way better than they have any right to be.

Best sci fi series in years easily.

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler
it's so weird how all these new trailers have a 5 second trailer for the trailer you're about to watch at the start

I believe in Denis Villeneuve, hopefully he has a lot of independence with the new Blade Runner

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

If Deckard is a replicant I'll probably never watch Blade Runner again.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Old Story posted:

I believe in Denis Villeneuve,

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Jonas Albrecht posted:

If Deckard is a replicant

PART time. :geno:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Jonas Albrecht posted:

If Deckard is a replicant I'll probably never watch Blade Runner again.

Ridley has already decided, didn't you see the red letter media video about it? That doesn't mean anything though because lol who gives a poo poo about some old man yelling?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

KakerMix posted:

Ridley has already decided, didn't you see the red letter media video about it? That doesn't mean anything though because lol who gives a poo poo about some old man yelling?

Yeah, basically Deckard as a replicant got Kessel Run'd, but by the creator instead of by fans.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

Old Story posted:

it's so weird how all these new trailers have a 5 second trailer for the trailer you're about to watch at the start

It's doubly weird when they have someone shill for it at the start, sitting in a little director chair in front of a curtain.

"Hello my name is Blooby Doop and you're about to watch a trailer for my upcoming film Flibbity Flam Five. I really hope you enjoy it, we worked really hard on it, and...enjoy."

It comes off like they know it's poo poo and they're begging the audience to give it a chance like it's their only option.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

FuturePastNow posted:

Every day he gets into the cockpit of a plane, is a chance we may get video of his fiery death.

and our own

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

vermin posted:

It's doubly weird when they have someone shill for it at the start, sitting in a little director chair in front of a curtain.

"Hello my name is Blooby Doop and you're about to watch a trailer for my upcoming film Flibbity Flam Five. I really hope you enjoy it, we worked really hard on it, and...enjoy."

It comes off like they know it's poo poo and they're begging the audience to give it a chance like it's their only option.

Season 3 of Rick and Morty airs 30/07.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Old Story posted:

I think my favorite dumb internet thing was watching a commercial so I could watch a 15 second teaser announcing the teaser trailer for the full trailer for the film SPECTRE.

An unskippable ad to watch an ad for an an ad for an ad for a product.

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler
NEW teaser poster for the upcoming promotional poster for trailer #3 for the Mrs. Doubtfire reboot just dropped :gizz:

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
If we just kill the celebrity plastic surgery industry we can surely fund a program for an ad free internet! :colbert:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Old Story posted:

NEW teaser poster for the upcoming promotional poster for trailer #3 for the Mrs. Doubtfire reboot just dropped :gizz:

Me, personally, I love this movie.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
Okay maybe I'm forgetting how Replicants work in Blade Runner, but if Deckard is a Replicant, shouldn't he have died years ago and not aged to be an old man who just wants a paycheck?

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler
I just googled it and holy poo poo there really was a Mrs. Doubtfire 2 in the works when Robin Williams offed himself and the project simultaneously

have a lol quote from the director himself

Director Chris Columbus posted:

That was the last time I saw Robin, sadly, when we were talking about the sequel to Mrs. Doubtfire.

did Williams die to save us from trash?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Vaguido posted:

Okay maybe I'm forgetting how Replicants work in Blade Runner, but if Deckard is a Replicant, shouldn't he have died years ago and not aged to be an old man who just wants a paycheck?

No.

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler

Vaguido posted:

also if he was a replicant how could he have been a well-known blade runner for so long? and how is he better than the latest model replicant that we're introduced to in the film? and how did he pass all the testing that seemingly everyone gets all the time? It's almost like Ridley Scott is a madman

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
i want the last jedi to be bad because the meltdowns will be much funnier

i think it will be a very safe diverse movie though that is decent enough to watch but gets 92% somehow

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Old Story posted:

also if he was a replicant how could he have been a well-known blade runner for so long? and how is he better than the latest model replicant that we're introduced to in the film? and how did he pass all the testing that seemingly everyone gets all the time? It's almost like Ridley Scott is a madman

It all makes perfect sense. I could link you to a bunch of articles, but I'm sure you can find them yourself.

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler
the bad part isn't suggesting that Deckard is a replicant, it's the director coming down on the issue one way or another imo. You're supposed to wonder if he's a replicant, and about the difference between replicant and humans, and what an identity means in a world with implanted memories et cetera. Just stating categorically that he's a robot takes the fun out of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Old Story posted:

the bad part isn't suggesting that Deckard is a replicant, it's the director coming down on the issue one way or another imo. You're supposed to wonder if he's a replicant, and about the difference between replicant and humans, and what an identity means in a world with implanted memories et cetera. Just stating categorically that he's a robot takes the fun out of it

Ridley Scoot accidentally made Alien.

• Locked thread