Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Titus Sardonicus posted:

That's not real, right?

What does your heart tell you?

MrUnderbridge posted:

And what I'd like to know is how exactly will Gore get everyone's money? The government will tax everyone and then just give it to him?

That point is especially dense.

I think the paranoid line of thought is that he's deeply invested in solar power or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

It's completely overwrought but I choose to believe that this rear end in a top hat got kicked out of an anarchist meeting.

Sounds like a perfectly feasible account of a libertarian at an old-school anarchist meeting. I think they were right about him being a fascist.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I hope that they stomped on his fedora.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

BarbarianElephant posted:

Sounds like a perfectly feasible account of a libertarian at an old-school anarchist meeting. I think they were right about him being a fascist.

There's actually video of this meeting.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

What's in it? I hate watching libertarian videos.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

It's just "help I'm being repressed" from Monty python.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Titus Sardonicus posted:

That's not real, right?

It's almost certainly a pisstake, but it's so funny that I choose to believe it is real.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
come and see the violence inherent in the system!

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

Who needs more millennial angst? Everyone gets enough of that on their own. This thread needs real political cartoons.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Guys we're gonna get some weird George Romero obits.

Edible Hat
Jul 23, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Bennett is turning (has turned?) into Bill Day and it's bumming me out.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Jonas Albrecht posted:

This drat thread always is the bearer of bad news :negative:

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt

Rebel Blob posted:

Who needs more millennial angst? Everyone gets enough of that on their own. This thread needs real political cartoons.

What is this and where can I see more?

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Captain_Maclaine posted:

What does your heart tell you?

It's just so over the top, from the fedora and bow-tie to the "well actually guys, real anarchism is..." that it reads like parody. I want to believe, but

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Luxury Tent Carpet posted:

What is this and where can I see more?

Looks like the revival of Fiends of the Eastern Front in 2000AD.

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

Jedit posted:

Looks like the revival of Fiends of the Eastern Front in 2000AD.
Yeah, it's Fiends Of The Eastern Front: Stalingrad from Judge Dredd Megazine 245-252. Only the most sophisticated political cartoons here. You can find scans online pretty easily if you want, or buy the Fiends Of The Eastern Front collection.

Also, something from the 1960s I found yesterday. Guess who put this out (or just read it in the lower right if you want to take the fun out of it):

A political cartoon from the American Nazi Party!

Rebel Blob fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Jul 16, 2017

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Will there be transphobic bathroom cartoons about the protagonist of Doctor Who regenerating as a woman?

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I'm torn between jokes about the Catholic resurrection, and jokes about remembering to properly prepare his body for the zombie apocalypse. He wanted to be cremated right?

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

The New York Times Magazine commissioned some swell cartoons from Andrew Rae.

(Roger Stone and Steve Bannon)

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Cat Mattress posted:

Will there be transphobic bathroom cartoons about the protagonist of Doctor Who regenerating as a woman?

How many of our regular cartoonists are even nerdy enough to expect a Dr. Who reference to fly? One can more or less count them on one hand, can't we?

I do look forward to hearing someone cry about how it's wrong and ruining the spirit of the series somehow.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://legiscan.com/US/bill/HB2796/2017

Scum loving Elephants posted:

Civil Rights Uniformity Act of 2017 This bill prohibits the word "sex" or "gender" from being interpreted to mean "gender identity," and requires "man" or "woman" to be interpreted to refer exclusively to a person's genetic sex, for purposes determining the meaning of federal civil rights laws or related federal administrative agency regulations or guidance. No federal civil rights law shall be interpreted to treat gender identity or transgender status as a protected class, unless it expressly designates "gender identity" or "transgender status" as a protected class.

I feel like there's gonna be a Dr. Who reference with this new bill somehow mixed in.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Even knowing what I know about the GOP and their constituents it seems petty and mean.
More fool me.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

No, tomorrow will be all zombie cartoons about George Romero. :(

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

Shangri-Law School posted:

(Roger Stone and Steve Bannon)

I mean didn't Roger Stone actually say he was going to get this exact tattoo done?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Rebel Blob posted:

Yeah, it's Fiends Of The Eastern Front: Stalingrad from Judge Dredd Megazine 245-252. Only the most sophisticated political cartoons here. You can find scans online pretty easily if you want, or buy the Fiends Of The Eastern Front collection.

Also, something from the 1960s I found yesterday. Guess who put this out (or just read it in the lower right if you want to take the fun out of it):

A political cartoon from the American Nazi Party!

:psyduck:

A pro radiation poisoning cartoon?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

VitalSigns posted:

:psyduck:

A pro radiation poisoning cartoon?

gently caress Nazis.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

DrakePegasus posted:

"This is the Day of the Dead I didn't want to see." - JJRose, 2017

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

DrakePegasus posted:

Priggee seems to me the most likely. I'd guess however, we'll be seeing more Martin Landau than George Romero obittoons from the field.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

These are good just for Trump's tie. It's totally banal for a cartoonist to mock a political figure by drawing them as a little goblin with exaggerated features or whatever, like Ramirez' wormbama. Picking up on little details like "why the gently caress does he wear his ties like that" and incorporating them into the cartoon is a lot more clever IMO.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Bonus points if they mention healthcare somehow.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

BarbarianElephant posted:

Even the reddit libertarians he was looking for sympathy from were like "given that greece has basically no ancap/libertarian tradition yeah it was totally fair of them to think you were a fascist."

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Erenthal posted:

Greece.txt, from the bitcoin thread.

All this did was make me miss the cool folks I met in Greece. :(

What are either of these fuckers doing in a non-Kelly Heaven? :mad:

Rod Serling created Twilight Zone specifically to comment on current events. That was the whole point! :tizzy:

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

After The War posted:

All this did was make me miss the cool folks I met in Greece. :(

What are either of these fuckers doing in a non-Kelly Heaven? :mad:

Nixon's hell is having to stand outside the gates of heaven watching Kennedy enjoy himself while a bunch of wrongfully incriminated people blow marijuana smoke in his face.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Pembroke Fuse posted:

Were those the "good old days", when even political hacks would change their minds when presented with evidence opposing their world views, or am I just hallucinating?

Here's a writeup of Hubenthal -- the author notes that he stuck by Nixon to the very bitter end. It was only when the tapes came out that he admitted defeat.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
kim jong un is leftist if we just completely ignore what leftist means

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sandpuppy posted:

Priggee seems to me the most likely. I'd guess however, we'll be seeing more Martin Landau than George Romero obittoons from the field.

I'd expect one from Peters, being a Pittsburgh native (I think?) as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Metal Jesus
Jun 11, 2007

Got no use for psychiatry
I can talk to the voices
in my head for free
Mood swings like an axe
Into those around me
My tongue is a double agent
But, like, at the end of the day, what do words even meaaaaaaaaaaan, man.

• Locked thread