Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

Tsurupettan posted:

This is the last box-help post for a while, I promise!

My mom plays PAD too and I finally updated her padherder. she's a casual, non-iap player. right now I've got her set up with a Mito team because she's not very good at puzzling. she's like, a 3 combo, maybe 4 combo max player. but she enjoys the game a lot, so that's what matters! Anyway, I wanted to look into other leader options for her because finding Mito or Mito-compatible friends seems to be a struggle. she had 4 or 5 of them, and all but one changed from Mito. :rip:

https://www.padherder.com/user/oceansailor/ most dupes listed in the notes.

What are some competent, easy to play leaders/teams that I can help her put together? She wants to clear descends, but she'll likely not be touching super hard content. The new Norn evos will be nice once we get them, since they'll be fairly easy to play and they seem easy to find friends for.

Pretty sure the answer will always be: Dark Athena. Hope she saved all the MP from the various events.

Or force her to do an Anubis - Diablos team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

ChikoDemono posted:

Pretty sure the answer will always be: Dark Athena. Hope she saved all the MP from the various events.

Or force her to do an Anubis - Diablos team.

She has around 300k MP.

She's never going to manage an Anubis/Diablos team. That would just be painful for her.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Your mom should absolutely put together a Revo Leilan team, it's suuuper easy and she's got great subs for it

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Also god drat am I jealous of three Fujins in a casual non iap box

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Tsurupettan posted:

This is the last box-help post for a while, I promise!

My mom plays PAD too and I finally updated her padherder. she's a casual, non-iap player. right now I've got her set up with a Mito team because she's not very good at puzzling. she's like, a 3 combo, maybe 4 combo max player. but she enjoys the game a lot, so that's what matters! Anyway, I wanted to look into other leader options for her because finding Mito or Mito-compatible friends seems to be a struggle. she had 4 or 5 of them, and all but one changed from Mito. :rip:

https://www.padherder.com/user/oceansailor/ most dupes listed in the notes.

What are some competent, easy to play leaders/teams that I can help her put together? She wants to clear descends, but she'll likely not be touching super hard content. The new Norn evos will be nice once we get them, since they'll be fairly easy to play and they seem easy to find friends for.

You could maybe get her a decent Leilan team with a bunch of TE awakenings? Between Fujin and Glavenus that's three seconds worth of TE right there, which is basically Mito, and Tachibana adds another second on top of that. This may open up a lot more stuff? I'm pretty bad at the game, though, so take my advice with a grain of salt.

Something like Leilan(eventually revo)/Glavenus/Fujin/Tachibana/Diaochan. The problem there is that most of those seem like they're aimed at making 7+ combos, which is why they have so many TEs. Maybe Glavenus with some prong oriented cards instead, picking up fewer fingers overall but doing more damage? I really don't know. Also the +1 second badge, that's a thing too.

I guess you could also lead with Persephone or D/L Kanna, aiming for revo Persephone, with some dark dudes like Anubis/Eschimali/Kail/whatever and just jam dark orbs into rows and hope to find a Dathena BFF to pair with and demolish content. That's what I did.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

Goddamnit Wol.

Edit: welp

ChikoDemono fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jul 17, 2017

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
I wasn't paying attention and rolled the regular REM. Oops.

Edit: What is this awesome new avatar I have?! Who gave this to me??? It appears to be a cool grandpa-looking Tama? How long have I even had this before noticing?

Okay that's a Zeus tamadra. This is awesome! Thank you!

cryptoclastic fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jul 17, 2017

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Another 10 stones, another 5* dupe on the MH collab REM. :confuoot:

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

Made the L and D female hunters and B male hunter, pretty sure I'm satisfied w/ that. Also did two pulls each account on regular REM, and got an Oichi on both main and alt and a Nene on the main, both new so no complaints here.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Man, Anubisl/Diablos is ridiculous. Ran through the Ninegaruda and M. Zeus dungeons solo like they were nothing. Is there a good solo A3 team comp?

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
What's the name of the theme that is played during the non-boss stages of the Monster Hunter Dungeon? It's pretty awesome.

seebs
Apr 23, 2007
God Made Me a Skeptic
got bored, had a few stones, rolled in godfest (dark dragon swordsman, light healer girl, and "Tachibana Ginchiyo"), and rolled once in MH collab machine, getting "massacre demon diablos".

And I gotta say, 8.5x attack and reduced damage sounds nice. But 8x combos is hard. But not as hard on a 7x6 board.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

seebs posted:

got bored, had a few stones, rolled in godfest (dark dragon swordsman, light healer girl, and "Tachibana Ginchiyo"), and rolled once in MH collab machine, getting "massacre demon diablos".

And I gotta say, 8.5x attack and reduced damage sounds nice. But 8x combos is hard. But not as hard on a 7x6 board.

The great thing about Anublos is that, barring jammers and poison orbs, it is actually mathematically impossible for you to be locked out of full activation due to bad orb drops. It all comes down to how well you can puzzle

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Whats going on with this FF REM in JP?

I've rolled a total of 8 rolls across my 2 alts and FIVE have been crystal eggs. Why can't I have this kind of luck on the MH rolls?

Edit: for content, what pixel ults do people see as the must-haves? Looks like Cloud's is pretty useful if you have a Yogg team (I don't) but I'm trying to determine if any of the 5 stars are worth it, or if I should take my Seph/Cecil/Noctis towards pixel or normal ult. Leaving my Yunas as normal ult though because she's butter now.

another edit: Also, does anyone know what kind of multiplier the new 3x3 blob adds?

SweetJahasus fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Jul 17, 2017

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

SweetJahasus posted:

Whats going on with this FF REM in JP?

I've rolled a total of 8 rolls across my 2 alts and FIVE have been crystal eggs. Why can't I have this kind of luck on the MH rolls?

Edit: for content, what pixel ults do people see as the must-haves? Looks like Cloud's is pretty useful if you have a Yogg team (I don't) but I'm trying to determine if any of the 5 stars are worth it, or if I should take my Seph/Cecil/Noctis towards pixel or normal ult. Leaving my Yunas as normal ult though because she's butter now.

another edit: Also, does anyone know what kind of multiplier the new 3x3 blob adds?

According to Reddit, it's 2.5x. There's a video of Yog one-shotting Azathoth using pixel Cloud (and other power ups).

Already made my Cloud pixel. Debating if I should do it to the others. (I will)

Zeta
Jul 29, 2009

KWEOOOOOO
Pillbug
Well, after about 100 rolls on the MH collab I didn't manage to get Amatsu, but I did get a second Diablos. So I hypermaxed that one and threw it on the first. 355,176,208 if anyone want a Diablos with another Diablos inherited.

Also, [SA]Shanks I can't accept your friend invite until you clear up a space on your friends list.

\/\/\/\/ Added you. I have Diablos up constantly.

Zeta fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jul 17, 2017

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Zeta posted:

Also, [SA]Shanks I can't accept your friend invite until you clear up a space on your friends list.

Sorry. I made some space just for you!

seebs
Apr 23, 2007
God Made Me a Skeptic

Rasamune posted:

The great thing about Anublos is that, barring jammers and poison orbs, it is actually mathematically impossible for you to be locked out of full activation due to bad orb drops. It all comes down to how well you can puzzle

> clicks "Jupiter Genesis"
> cries

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Thanks for the advice from the both of you on setting her up with Leilan. That should be really easy for her, plus I have my own that she can pair with. I'll just need to grab her tablet and get carried next time those dungeons are up. A friend also pointed out she can just stack her three Sarias and Ilm, or Tsubaki, or Freyr. :eyepop:

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Also god drat am I jealous of three Fujins in a casual non iap box

My reaction to her getting them was 'huh, i wonder if these are good, they're rainbow eggs', and then looking it up and going 'god damnit i want these on my account!'

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

Rasamune posted:

I'm bad and didn't need to know this. :negative:

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Solkanar512 posted:

What's the name of the theme that is played during the non-boss stages of the Monster Hunter Dungeon? It's pretty awesome.

It's the arena theme from Monster Hunter X: https://youtu.be/-8X2MEEmC0g

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Random Kingtan question - when feeding skill-up mons of a different color, which color Kingtan do you use? The color of the skill-up mons, or the color of the mon being skilled up?

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

You use the color of the monster being skilled up.

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010
I think the gacha hates me, got my 100 day log-in magic stones during the godfest and decided to use them for three rolls in hopes of getting something like Nohime. Instead I got Ur-Chimera (which I immediately sold), Bearded Guan Yu, and Sun Quan. At least I can maybe put Sun Quan on my Julie team?

I also finally got a padherder up if anyone wants to pick through and see what I can work with: https://www.padherder.com/user/TelevisioFrankus/

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Rascyc posted:

It's the arena theme from Monster Hunter X: https://youtu.be/-8X2MEEmC0g

Awesome, thanks!

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

DaveWoo posted:

Random Kingtan question - when feeding skill-up mons of a different color, which color Kingtan do you use? The color of the skill-up mons, or the color of the mon being skilled up?

Sorting your drat box by skill before feeds saves lives

seebs
Apr 23, 2007
God Made Me a Skeptic

dragon enthusiast posted:

I don't know when that feature got added, but it's really wonderful. I was up to "box too full to deal with" again, then I spent about an hour going through sorted-by-skill and trying to clear space during an x5, and now life is a lot better.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

I wish it moved monsters that you had more than one of the same skill to the top though.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

PSA for new and returning players: folders have been added.

Others -> Options -> System -> Manage Boxes

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

DaveWoo posted:

The game won't let you feed the wrong type of Kingtan.

It also will prevent you from feeding a mon too many skillups when using a Kingtan.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Jul 18, 2017

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

I returned recently after the tan skillup change. I actually want them now. How often does the tan dungeons roll around? Dont think Ive seen them in the last couple weeks since I returned.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
If anybody needs rVenus(Trailo) to cheese Valk, mine is up for a few days.

Edit: PSA - if you haven't rolled a true gravity yet (Diablos/Trailo), I highly recommend saving a Diablos skill-up mat or two. Having a 100% gravity team is so useful.

TheQuietWilds fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Jul 18, 2017

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Anias posted:

I wish it moved monsters that you had more than one of the same skill to the top though.

Sort by skill on the multifeed menu after selecting the base monster :ssh:

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Sort by skill on the multifeed menu after selecting the base monster :ssh:

I think he means when choosing a base monster, move dudes that you actually have skillups for to the top.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

isndl posted:

I think he means when choosing a base monster, move dudes that you actually have skillups for to the top.

Yes.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

trucutru posted:

The game won't let you feed the wrong type of Kingtan.

It also will prevent you from feeding a mon too many skillups when using a Kingtan.

Really? I'm not used to that level of hand-holding in PAD.

Remember when we had to evolve mons by entering in the evo mats manually in the Power-up menu?

Funso Banjo posted:

I returned recently after the tan skillup change. I actually want them now. How often does the tan dungeons roll around? Dont think Ive seen them in the last couple weeks since I returned.

Once every couple weeks sounds about right. You also have a chance to get a Kingtan in Arena 2.

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed
It also warns you now when you're wasting plusses in a fusion. So much hand-holding now.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

DaveWoo posted:

Really? I'm not used to that level of hand-holding in PAD.

Remember when we had to evolve mons by entering in the evo mats manually in the Power-up menu?

Piis do the same thing and hard prevent you from wasting their effect.

There's also a soft warning if you try to feed a monster that could use the level 99 dupe method (e.g., feed an ult Goemon to another ult Goemon). If the card being fed is not level 99, the game will tell you that it will not have a 100% skillup chance, but still let you feed if you really want to.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

Finally got the last blue I needed for blue male hunter. Now to never use him. Also made red female hunter for no reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Hebug
May 24, 2004
I am a bug...

ChikoDemono posted:

Finally got the last blue I needed for blue male hunter. Now to never use him. Also made red female hunter for no reason

It was something to grind for I guess.