Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Richard no do not treat your grandma like that :(
I was hoping that Johnny would break free and break him with his retard strength.

I hope Karate Wizard kills Richard eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Zmej posted:

tbh, I'm confused why Laura would appear to Cole at this point when I, if I remember correctly, Cooper is the only one who's talked to her post-death. Also, why reuse old Laura footage when we got old Laura earlier? It looked ok until they did that awful reverse shot. It was kinda spooky (until the last shot) for some weird poo poo since very little happened this episode.

The choices and use of CGI/effects in the show is so weird. Anyone else notice that really obvious and distracting CGI reflection of Richard Horne during the trailer scene?

The visual effects are very schizophrenic, they alternate between being drat good practical effects, followed by SciFi Channel Original Movie CGI, followed by crazy movie-quality CGI effects, followed by that shot of Ray shooting Booper where his gun looked like it had a muzzleflash MS Paint-ed onto it. I cannot for the life of me tell if it is on purpose or not.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Tallgeese posted:

Honestly, I was incredibly uncomfortable with the Dougie sex scene.

By all rights, that was straight-up rape.

i already made this joke

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Episode ruled, I really hope Candie and Dougie have a scene together soon.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Turdfuzz posted:

i already made this joke

Oh, rape is a joke to you, eh?

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
It's so weird to see Tom Sizemore given a fairly prominent role in this series after all the poo poo he's been through in the last decade or so. I hope he's doing alright now.

Tikifire
Jun 22, 2006

Would you like to touch my monkey?

Zmej posted:

Anyone else notice that really obvious and distracting CGI reflection of Richard Horne during the trailer scene?

I noticed that. At first I thought gassy trailer lady was holding a headshot photo of him behind the glass but then I realized it was just supposed to be his reflection, but it looked off. So weird.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
the dougie seduction/sex scene made me think of edward scissorhands for some reason

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

next ur gonna tell me marge simpson is a rapist

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

Turdfuzz posted:

next ur gonna tell me marge simpson is a rapist

living in a capitalist society consuming this product we are all rapists

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

kaworu posted:

Goddammit, the FUCKS ARE AT IT AGAIN

Tikifire
Jun 22, 2006

Would you like to touch my monkey?

Mad Wack posted:

the dougie seduction/sex scene made me think of edward scissorhands for some reason

I just couldn't stop laughing at her getting all into it (yelling, grinding, etc...) and him just grinning and flapping his arms. Seemed like a perfect example of what a first time to a very simple (or just plain inexperienced) person could be like. So funny.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
drat but Naomi Watts can generate some torque when she's of a mind

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

btw i hate jim belushi and wish lynch didnt hire him

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Mad Wack posted:

Made me think of The World According to Garp.

Though what was that movie or whatever where the two characters are about in the same relative positions, and she's like "Come on, can't you at least act like you're enjoying it?" and he starts sort of feebly flailing his arms up and down?

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Tikifire posted:

I noticed that. At first I thought gassy trailer lady was holding a headshot photo of him behind the glass but then I realized it was just supposed to be his reflection, but it looked off. So weird.
Like, I can't just say "season 3 is poo poo" because I genuinely enjoy parts of it and hell, I am paying money to watch it. But the choices and quality are so wonky. Coupled with my "ehhhhh-ness" for the overarching parts, I'm making faces or just simply bored about a half the time.

I can't wait for the pages-long debate about if Dougie was :tvtropes: or not.

Zmej fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Jul 17, 2017

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

cant wait for coop to get outta his stupor n arrest janey-e for rape in the 1st degree

nopants
May 29, 2004

Turdfuzz posted:

oh OOOOHHH rape
i thought u said ape
how embarrassing
ill see myself out

It's booper, the ape rapierist

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf

Zmej posted:

I can't wait for the pages-long debate about if Dougie was :tvtropes: or not.

Yeah. as soon as I saw that happening I was like "Oh nooo! The thread!".

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

My favourite part of the episode was going "is that loving Moby playing in the band?!" And then the credits confirming it.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Turdfuzz posted:

cant wait for coop to get outta his stupor n arrest janey-e for rape in the 1st degree

At this rate I don't think we're seeing actual Coop until like ep 17 at the earliest.

....And i'm somehow okay with that.

nopants
May 29, 2004

Ginette Reno posted:

At this rate I don't think we're seeing actual Coop until like ep 17 at the earliest.

....And i'm somehow okay with that.

I don't really give a gently caress. Lol if you establish a criteria before experiencing another person's work of art and don't try to experience and process it then decide if the experience was worthwhile

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Twin Peaks season 4 is going to be sick imo tbh

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

nopants posted:

I don't really give a gently caress. Lol if you establish a criteria before experiencing another person's work of art and don't try to experience and process it then decide if the experience was worthwhile

I've pretty much strapped in at this point and am ready to go where David wants me to.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Jesus, that Dougie sex scene was loving weird, and kinda horrifying considering how childlike he's been acting :ohdear:

And gently caress Richard Horne forever.

We got a lot of plot in that episode and I don't feel much closer to answers at all, except that Diane's definitely scheming.

Here's the Roadhouse song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHc-GXuubwQ

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
first meh episode imo

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
I thought the Richard Horne stuff was striking and interesting, but it sure would be great if something could happen with one of the main plot threads already.

Sardonik fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Jul 17, 2017

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Glad I'm not the only one who thought this was the worst episode yet. Still a bunch of good scenes though. Richard is loving horrifying, Candie was hilarious (even if I REALLY don't give a gently caress about that storyline otherwise), was nice to see the Log Lady again (seemingly just straight-up giving a monologue about the themes of the revival) and to get confirmation that Evil Coop owns the box and penthouse.

More certain than ever that Richard is Evil Coop's Kid but less sure about Diane now. Very interested to see where they go with this.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Turdfuzz posted:

btw i hate jim belushi and wish lynch didnt hire him

Same. Did someone see his name on IMDB and post that david cross story in the thread last week?

u_s_eh
Feb 19, 2005

I AM ALL I AM NONE
Maybe Candy was manufactured to protect Dougie, or for some other purpose. She doesn't act just like Dougie, but does seem a little spacey in her own way.

Her behavior isn't that out of the ordinary for Lynch, so this is probably yet another inane fanboy theory. Sorry!

Thanks for reading!

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

u_s_eh posted:

Maybe Candy was manufactured to protect Dougie, or for some other purpose. She doesn't act just like Dougie, but does seem a little spacey in her own way.

Her behavior isn't that out of the ordinary for Lynch, so this is probably yet another inane fanboy theory. Sorry!

Thanks for reading!

You're welcome

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Janey E is a keeper, I hope she and Coop remain an item whether he wakes up or not.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Naomi Watts is a dime no doubt about it.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I thought this episode was great still.

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

atrus50 posted:

first meh episode imo

I dunno, I thought Episode 9 was WAY WAY WAY more 'meh' than this episode.

Any episode with a monologue that fantastic from Margaret to a silent Hawk is pretty good. The bad-boy Horne robbing Sylvia as Johnny looks on was positively brutal.

And there were all kinds of nice little moments in the episode. Harry Dean Stanton strumming his guitar. Nadine and Dr. Amp. T-Bag got a lot of great material and would be stealing any other show with it. The stuff with Candie was totally weird and great. And there was solid advancement on several levels.

I think it's a bit tough for the show to find its legs after episode 8. It's literally like a nuclear bomb exploded in the middle of the season, and even though all the characters are just going on like nothing's happened, we're left without anything in the current narrative to really... connect us to what the gently caress we saw going on there.

If this were ANY other show, we would have gotten something - some point of reference that DIRECTLY connects the events we are currently witnessing to what we saw in episode 8. I feel like the closest we've come was Margaret talking about the electricity, and stating that "Laura is the one," along with Cole's very odd vision of Laura - which he did not mention to Albert, which makes me wonder whether he's seen that before.

But this isn't any other show, so I'm almost glad we aren't getting anything to immediately explain what we saw or why, nor is Lynch holding our hand and telling us exactly where to look.

Anyone catch who that was in the photograph with Mr. C at the end? The bald fellow in the white coat. I did not recognize him as a character but the actor looked vaguely familiar. I assume he was not credited?

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Nadine created a successful small business from her silent drape runners and no one is talking about this!

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

I liked this episode but i can see why people would feel disappointed with it - it's just a lot of setup and connecting material. if you really examine what happened this episode it put a LOT more wheels into motion that are surely going to come to fruition sooner rather than later

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
It is gonna be nice watching Lucy take down Chad with the letter thing

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

pissdude is a good username

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Is this the first episode that credited Hawk's full name or have I just been missing it? I pointed out his jacket and told my wife, "hey that's not his coat, he's a big fat phony" and whoops no, I suck.