Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Had a great sniper spot set up for the last 10 kills, had a decent ammo load, was ready to shoot for last man standing... And a crate landed three feet from me, with basically all ten people left running for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J
Jun 10, 2001

Someone tell me how to efficiently loot the georgopol shipping container area because I never loving find poo poo for loot there but all my friends swear by it so I'm probably doing something wrong but they sure as gently caress can't seem to explain it.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Are you looking on top of the containers? And in each of those little guard towers?

Fun things to do with a ghillie suit and buggy

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

I occasionally get this too. What is happening, exactly? Is it blocking the UI engine from loading properly? (Coherent is known to be wildly unstable and often has memory leak issues, btw)

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Has anybody else been getting stuck at the "Connected. Waiting for response..." screen?

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

So I was on the rear end-end of the map on foot with the zone on the other side, and the ring closing in. There was no way I would make it without a vehicle. I see some guy driving a jeep in the distance, and I fire a few rounds at him to try get his attention. He carries on, and I keep hoofing it.

Next thing I get shot at from ahead. Turns out he tried setting up an ambush for me at a ditch, still several kilometers away from the zone. We exchange fire and I duck behind a tree. Now the blue creeps up on us and that guy starts panicking and running away, and I drop him. I grab his meds and car, just managing to get back to the zone after healing several times on the way.

If you can't reach the zone, just hail the pubbie taxi.

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.
Sometimes you do poo poo that makes you feel like a bad rear end.

Audio not entirely necessary

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

Hockles posted:

Has anybody else been getting stuck at the "Connected. Waiting for response..." screen?

Me. Cancel and select the unsecured reconnect button and you should be fine.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

God damnnnnn, two good runs today solo

- Started super far north on the island only for the circle to collapse allllllllll the way onto the southern end of the military base. Had to fight through seven people to finally get to the late game and roped around the southern end of the island as the circle closed on the air strip south of the radar tower. This loving sucked because it came down to the final three and one of the last dudes left was far enough in the circle that he could sit atop one of those hangar/bunker/whatever entrances in a bush and pick me off as I came barreling in, chomping on steroids and chuggin energy drinks to try to survive, a load of poo poo/lucky bastard/excuse/etc./etc.

- Just now I finished a game ninth where I ended up the hills south of Georgopol and played King of the Hill where I took on about six people who tried to take away one of the plateaus I was on, but a decked out M4 and a SKS with an 8x scope made it relatively easy until loving four people emerged on all sides and started a crossfire right over my head among the rocks as I was prone. I tried to get the jump on one, missed, and fell off the side of the hill (lol) but I got two flick headshots with my M4 before having to reload. A third dude came steadily around a corner and didn't see me at first but I moved to early and sprayed and missed and he barely got me.

I think I'm better at this game when I smoke a bowl honestly

FYAD SECRETARY
Aug 14, 2003

Good soup! posted:

yup, also add a beer or two for confidence and you will find yourself making game winning decisions. altho for me instead of a bowl it's a few hits of concentrates

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

MrYenko posted:

Had a great sniper spot set up for the last 10 kills, had a decent ammo load, was ready to shoot for last man standing... And a crate landed three feet from me, with basically all ten people left running for it.

Yeah when a crate hits that near you late game it's basically a death sentence. Sometimes kinda fun but your chances of winning go waaay down.

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.
So according to this page; http://playbattlegrounds.com/partners.pu you must have average concurrent viewership of 150+ on Twitch and broadcast 3 times a week or upload content weekly. I bet we could find someone among us, or just all start following and pile in on someone among us, and we can get a version of the custom game mode client.

Then we can run custom goon games with survival and modified loot tables...

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

:toot:

Silenced uzi in the middle of the field finished it for me. Last couple of circles were very favorable to the bush I was hiding in and people had to come to me.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

RizieN posted:

So according to this page; http://playbattlegrounds.com/partners.pu you must have average concurrent viewership of 150+ on Twitch and broadcast 3 times a week or upload content weekly. I bet we could find someone among us, or just all start following and pile in on someone among us, and we can get a version of the custom game mode client.

If someone posts a bullet point list of instructions that me, a mental child, can follow to help achieve this end I will do so.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

RizieN posted:

I think someone in here... maybe Bobbin Threadbear? He was trying to get it together but didn't seem to be getting many responses

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

RizieN posted:

Hell even i've been trying to get in on that.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

I was trying to get it, as I run the discord, but no one wanted to give me fake follows to help everyone out. Hope this helps.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

RizieN posted:

no that one salty guy already said this was dumb

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!
This game is some of the most fun I've had when in a group but it is some of the least fun when playing solo. It's a funny thing.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Where is there a discord/ steam group for playing this with goons?

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

zapplez posted:

Where is there a discord/ steam group for playing this with goons?

literally the second line of the op wtf

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ILL Machina posted:

literally the second line of the op wtf

Thats about as good as I am at finding 5.56 ammo.

Thanks!

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Searched 7-9 houses in Pochinki and couldn't pick up one weapon except for a nade. Managed to nade a guy from the third floor across the street. Made the night

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
It's funny how invisible you become just laying in grass. Down to the final 15 people and the zone is shrinking. Dude literally walks on top of my and only noticed me when I shot him point blank with a sniper.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
for one of my wins i crawled right up to a dude laying in a bush and he only reacted when i got up in a crouch because my gun was too long to aim that close to me while prone

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

B-Mac posted:

This game is some of the most fun I've had when in a group but it is some of the least fun when playing solo. It's a funny thing.

I hate playing this game with other people. I can't stand 4 man squads. Duos even get irritating sometimes. I guess I just don't like people telling me what to do and I can improvise much easier playing solo.

Jumping into a populated area and killing your way out of it all by your lonesome is the best feeling in the world.

Mistle posted:

It's the Groza, it should be on starter island, the furthest table on the left(standing on the runway), closest to the runway. It's often one of the first guns picked up, but if you're early, you should nab it eventually.

Right behind it on the far left is the p16c, the fart pistol. I think it actually shoots faster than the uzi, but it's rear end for control on full auto. Also a fun thing to play with.

Yeah, I got that bit. I've messed around with it on the starter island. I just wondered how it handled out in the wild

Gr4vyB04t fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Jul 17, 2017

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
tuned in on Grimmmz checking the stats of a guy who killed him, checked out his 1 kd and concluded it Must have been a Stream Snipe Lag Switch

"He has a kd of 1. An average of 1 kill per match. Only 1 kill be it squad game or solo game. hmmmmmm"

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Jul 17, 2017

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Grimmmz is pretty salty he just hides is better than most. I watched him for a while but eventually that's all you can notice during his stream.

Viss is one of the few streamers I watch anymore.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

i tuned into beaglerush earlier this night, right as he went on a rant about grimmmz, and about how he's crazy salty but just hides it better than most because he has a meek personality/voice.

also about how joshog is scum.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Popete posted:

It's funny how invisible you become just laying in grass. Down to the final 15 people and the zone is shrinking. Dude literally walks on top of my and only noticed me when I shot him point blank with a sniper.

Helmet and outfit color, plus the "prone wiggle" when you look around without holding alt are strong giveaways, personally, but not moving is really hard at close range, high or low res.

Another thing that gives people away: sticking the guns out windows. "I wonder if that m4 sticking out the second floor window knows how to catch a grenade :getin: "
*Proceeds to flub the throw, nades a squadmate by mistake*

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

Popete posted:

People just turn off foliage anyway right?

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
You can turn it down, but not off. Even at it's minimal setting you can often just fail to notice people who are lying still in the grass and bushes, even when you are bumping into them and wondering why you can't move forward.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Isn't foliage on at ~100m regardless of settings? I'm pretty sure that the patch note said that they made it consistent across all settings, I took that as meaning it's fixed for everyone and that higher settings won't put players at a disadvantage.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

https://clips.twitch.tv/SinglePerfectHerringWow

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

VulgarandStupid posted:

I was trying to get it, as I run the discord, but no one wanted to give me fake follows to help everyone out. Hope this helps.

this probably has more to do with you sitting in private channels & statsing people as a pre-requisite of replying to them whatsoever than the demand for a private server.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Cinara posted:

Grimmmz is pretty salty he just hides is better than most. I watched him for a while but eventually that's all you can notice during his stream.

Viss is one of the few streamers I watch anymore.
I have enjoyed https://www.twitch.tv/chocotaco lately. Guy is very low on pretense. No catchphrases. Doesn't get mad. Plays smart and tends to explain decisions so you can learn a thing or two.

Maybe bordering on too sober but that can be nice sometimes.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
to put it in another manner, people would be more privy to reaching your goal if they thought they could also partake in the private servers as opposed to just the handful of people you play with

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

Roobanguy posted:

i tuned into beaglerush earlier this night, right as he went on a rant about grimmmz, and about how he's crazy salty but just hides it better than most because he has a meek personality/voice.

also about how joshog is scum.

I would very much like to see this.

quote:

this probably has more to do with you sitting in private channels & statsing people as a pre-requisite of replying to them whatsoever than the demand for a private server.

daaaaaamn

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Tonetta posted:

yeah lol at !stats'ing people before deeming them worthy of receiving tech support

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Good soup! posted:

The game has a lot of tense waiting. So something to calm the nerves would go a long way

• Locked thread