Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL
Comics see ghosts all the time it's a well known comic thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

GoldfishStew posted:

Comics see ghosts all the time it's a well known comic thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoNb_bswHa0

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

JFL42 is coming up again in September, the line-up is really good this year. The headliners are Ali Wong, John Mulaney, Tim & Eric, Bill Burr, Tom Segura, and for some reason the My Favorite Murder podcast. I've gone with Mulaney but will probably pick up a ticket for Ali Wong. I'm not getting a Tim & Eric ticket because I'm seeing them during the fest for some other day time thing.

Full lineup here: https://www.jfl42.com/the42/

I'm booked to see Jenny Slate, Morgan Murphy, a bunch of Andy Kindler's showcase shows which are always good, Kyle Kinane, Rhys Darby, Jay Pharoah and a few others... I take the week off work and try to hit 2-3 shows a day for the week, always a good time.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
Awesome lineup!! Wish Toronto was Seattle or Vancouver, holy poo poo.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

The Berzerker posted:

JFL42 is coming up again in September, the line-up is really good this year. The headliners are Ali Wong, John Mulaney, Tim & Eric, Bill Burr, Tom Segura, and for some reason the My Favorite Murder podcast. I've gone with Mulaney but will probably pick up a ticket for Ali Wong. I'm not getting a Tim & Eric ticket because I'm seeing them during the fest for some other day time thing.

Full lineup here: https://www.jfl42.com/the42/

I'm booked to see Jenny Slate, Morgan Murphy, a bunch of Andy Kindler's showcase shows which are always good, Kyle Kinane, Rhys Darby, Jay Pharoah and a few others... I take the week off work and try to hit 2-3 shows a day for the week, always a good time.

I watched the MFM people do a live show with some of the Cracked After Hours folk and it was good and cool. Perhaps they'll have some comedians join them.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Yeah I am sure they'll have some festival-related guests but that's still a bit of a gamble to use your one headliner slot on them over say, Ali Wong or a new Mulaney hour, but to each their own

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Just got back from seeing Tig Notaro for my second time. She killed, but she did a lot of crowd work tonight and even got a little confrontational with people -- in that good-natured, silly way that only she could do.

She had a bit at the end about Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi hanging out in the wings and kept introducing them, getting everyone fired up and excited, only to walk it back and say she was just kidding... or is she? She went on like that for ten minutes and had everyone on the edge of their seats with anticipation and hysteria. Of course they weren't really there, but people were losing their drat minds!

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

She did that when I saw her last year, except it was the Indigo Girls, and it went on for like 15 minutes (or so it felt like)

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Tig expects the same reaction from every audience and that's probably the worst thing you can do as a comedian

She tried to do the Taylor Dayne bit on Conan a few years back and it bombed so hard:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V97lvUKYisA

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Norm was right

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

Not sure you know what bombing is, she does perfectly fine in that clip you posted.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

But please tell do us more about how one of the finest and most respected comedians working today is making the worst mistakes. Your obvious expertise is so enlightening.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Lol

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Got tickets to John Mulaney's October show today (our second time seeing him), and we see Moshe Kasher and Natasha Leggero in Miami next month for the first time. This will have been a good year for seeing our favorite people.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

Like, I'm not sure he even posted the right clip. Bomb so hard is such an extreme exaggeration to that clip. Watch rob Delaney on kimmel, or listen to your own open mic set, I'm assuming.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
lol hey its the vaginal facsimile guy

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Wow, that Rob Delaney bit is terrible. There's a few people sheepishly laughing, that's about it.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Skip My Posts posted:

lol hey its the vaginal facsimile guy

leave him alone he's got a great torso guy if u need one

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
http://www.sacbee.com/entertainment/celebrities/article161645738.html

Whoa that is bizarre and sad.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Some concept renderings for the National Comedy Center in Jamestown, NY that's opening next year - looks like the museum will have holograms of old comedians:

http://www.wgrz.com/entertainment/television/programs/daybreak/celebrating-the-national-comedy-center/460157250

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Ricky Rawls has an interesting perspective on Chapelle getting some flak for having a trend of doing trans jokes lately. I think calling it Dave doing it to make a bigger point is a bit generous but his core point of 'white people adored his jokes about the black community and called them 'edgy' but now there's a line' is really solid.

https://twitter.com/RickyRawls/status/893450750910771200

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Thank you for sharing this important conversation with us.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Lmao gently caress Jezebel

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Maybe people were cool with Dave making deprecating jokes about black people because he is a black person but they aren't cool with him making aggressive trans jokes because he is not a trans individual. Crazy thought.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Jezebel's whole shtick is "everything is problematic" and gently caress anyone who reads it

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
why would dave chappelle give a gently caress what some retards on the internet are cool with him saying

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Someone uploaded a 4-hour Dave Chappelle set from 2009 at Comic Strip Live in New York City:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRBaZVILUq0

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Make America great again. Build a wall across Mexico. Was Trump there or something?

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Skip My Posts posted:

why would dave chappelle give a gently caress what some retards on the internet are cool with him saying

*gets banned 72 times from the SA Forums for calling people human being 72 different times*
"People like Dave Chappelle and I are fed up with PC culture. Let me count the wa

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
check the rap sheet boys

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
This Patton Oswalt interview is good and cool, which adds up, since Oswalt is good and cool.

http://www.playboy.com/articles/playboy-interview-patton-oswalt

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

El Gallinero Gros posted:

This Patton Oswalt interview is good and cool, which adds up, since Oswalt is good and cool.

http://www.playboy.com/articles/playboy-interview-patton-oswalt

He killed his wife

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Boy, you're really not good at this.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

Go back to /r opie and Anthony, mouth breather

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/tig-notaro-louis-ck-needs-to-handle-his-sexual-misconduct-rumors?source=twitter&via=desktop

Tig Notaro is speaking out on Louis Ck, mainly saying he needs to properly address the Sexual misconduct accusations from a couple years back.

While he is technically still an EP on her amazon show, she says he has no part in It and they haven't spoken since some kind of fight a year and a half ago.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
norm was right

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Marc Maron has a brand-new special on Netflix, and it's the funniest thing I've ever heard him do. In fact, it might be an all-time top ten stand-up special for me. My wife and I were dying the entire time. We're both getting older and more curmudgeonly, and we related so much to everything he said.

Give it a chance, even if you don't typically like Maron.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Marc Maron has a brand-new special on Netflix, and it's the funniest thing I've ever heard him do. In fact, it might be an all-time top ten stand-up special for me. My wife and I were dying the entire time. We're both getting older and more curmudgeonly, and we related so much to everything he said.

Give it a chance, even if you don't typically like Maron.

I normally find Maron incredibly boring and unfunny but holy poo poo is this my take too, dude was on fire in this and it's a must watch.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

sexpig by night posted:

I normally find Maron incredibly boring and unfunny but holy poo poo is this my take too, dude was on fire in this and it's a must watch.

Hot take: I liked it far more than Louis CK's last two or three specials, and the two recent Dave Chappelle ones. I've always found Maron's aging, bitter, angry burnout schtick tiresome, but this was really the best!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea it seems he's taken all the criticism of 'he's just kinda an aging dude complaining about the mundane world around him half the time' and gone 'alright, can I make that work as an actual bit though?' and hey guess he can because that was great.