Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Instead of a new form, Cell just wears clothes now. The Badman shirt is back full-time and he's got a 10 gallon cowboy hat to go with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

khwarezm posted:

I guess, but at the end of the day they had him around as the main villain for more than fifty episodes with regular cameos thereafter, second only to Frieza in that regard. I doubt that the art is really preventing them from bringing him back, if it came to it they could simplify his design a bit and I'm sure the fans would settle.

From what I can tell this all comes from an interview where Toriyama basically just said it was a bitch to draw all of those drat spots but he didn't go on to say that as a result he'll never show up again and that is the final word of god.

New transformation, Platinum Cell with oddly missing spots. Boom, now he can imitate Frieza with aplomb.

Fans have never settled for anything and we all know it.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

-Fish- posted:

Fans have never settled for anything and we all know it.

It would be a new low if people were angrily contrasting the number of spots on Cell in Super to the amount he has in Z. That sounds like some dumb Hyperbole I'd make up to mock people on Reddit.

Its not like visually complex characters are beyond Dragonball's remit. Piccolo's been around forever and his arms and cloak must tedious as all hell to get right.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91eIDu6Aw-8&t=3s

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Fargin Icehole posted:

I must've missed it, but is Vegeta completely down with becoming a god of destruction?

Because I too, am also down with that, reaffirmation of the importance of family and all, still completely down with ascending to godhood and taking the job.

I mean, it seems like an easy job anyway, right? Mostly everything in U7 is dead anyway except for earth. At this point it's just putting out small fires

yea vegeta doesn't gaf. he became a demon/majin just to stronger.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I'm also pretty sure that the comment for Cells spots being hard was made with regards to the manga at the time in the 80's.

We have better tools for drawing spots now.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Mordaedil posted:

I'm also pretty sure that the comment for Cells spots being hard was made with regards to the manga at the time in the 80's.

I want Cell's spots to just be a texture overlayed to his green bits, and they don't shift as he moves like he's in Chowder or something.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

TheHan posted:

I want Cell's spots to just be a texture overlayed to his green bits, and they don't shift as he moves like he's in Chowder or something.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
One thing that I found pretty random these last episodes is Frieza's overconfidence.

Like yeah, he was always arrogant, but back in RoF he literally shat his pants when he saw Beerus.

He was able to overcome the energy of destruction so maybe he doesn't see Beerus as much of a threat anymore, but he is already believing that he can overcome the 2 beings that can think you out of existence?

Either Frieza is gonna get bodied, throw a tantrum and get erased on the spot, or he is really gonna win and get to wish himself stronger than Zen'o.

My money is on the former.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
He's been to hell and back twice, of course he's confident as gently caress

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Mordaedil posted:

Spot technology is advanced you can spot something from a mile away

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Covok posted:

SSB + Kaio Ken × 1,000,000,000,000,000
"Kaioken Infinity+!" goes Goku, as his body instantly crushes itself beyond recognition.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

tbp posted:

goku and vegeta and frieza i think are way stronger than gohan. i feel like goku was holding back in all his prelim fights , in order to give confidence to his allies.

I don't think that's strictly true. I don't think Goku is especially capable of holding back, once he gets going. He gets a fight boner and forgets what his original objective was. ESPECIALLY with regards to Gohan. Recall the moment we always loop back to, Goku giving Cell the senzu bean. Dude's not gonna pull his punches for Gohan.

Gohan is a wild card here, because "Mystic Gohan" is still kind of a nebulous concept. His normal form is supposed to be powerful beyond his Super Saiyan form at this stage, at least with regards to Ki manifestation. I think SSJ is more of a weird crutch for Gohan now, that he used while he was undertrained earlier because he had lost touch with the mental discipline required to maintain his Unleashed Potential. He got that back by letting Piccolo kick his rear end for like half a day, because Saiyans, and now he's in line to have another weird transformation that they foreshadowed when he sparred with Goku.

I think we'll see another situation where Gohan does something loving amazing and kicks a lot of rear end, but then Goku still gets the finishing blow and wins the loot roll.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

deadly_pudding posted:

I think we'll see another situation where Gohan does something loving amazing and kicks a lot of rear end, but then Goku still gets the finishing blow and wins the loot roll.

Vejobber talks trash before getting humiliated, Gohan has a moment of awesome and ~great potential~ before loving it up somehow, Goku comes in and mops up. Also somewhere along the line, one or several members of the B team will die or get seriously injured.

The formula hasn't changed much since the first tournament in Dragonball and probably won't, which is why it's extra funny when people whine about Super being OMG NOTHING LIKE MY PRECIOUS Z! (Disclaimer: I love Z and also find it precious)

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

lezard_valeth posted:

One thing that I found pretty random these last episodes is Frieza's overconfidence.

Like yeah, he was always arrogant, but back in RoF he literally shat his pants when he saw Beerus.

He was able to overcome the energy of destruction so maybe he doesn't see Beerus as much of a threat anymore, but he is already believing that he can overcome the 2 beings that can think you out of existence?

Either Frieza is gonna get bodied, throw a tantrum and get erased on the spot, or he is really gonna win and get to wish himself stronger than Zen'o.

My money is on the former.

The worst case scenario if he picks a fight with the Zenos and loses is he doesn't exist anymore, which is still a massive improvement on where he was a couple hours ago.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

rare Magic card l00k posted:

The worst case scenario if he picks a fight with the Zenos and loses is he doesn't exist anymore, which is still a massive improvement on where he was a couple hours ago.

People keep saying this, like, 'Frieza would totally prefer non-existence to Hell' but that really doesn't seem like a thing Frieza would want? He wants to rule, not die. Even when he's doing the whole 'gently caress you' planet busting trick, it's only because he can survive in space that he does it.

Frieza is a survivor. He doesn't seem the type to commit or welcome suicide over the possibility of future revenge.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Rhjamiz posted:

People keep saying this, like, 'Frieza would totally prefer non-existence to Hell' but that really doesn't seem like a thing Frieza would want? He wants to rule, not die. Even when he's doing the whole 'gently caress you' planet busting trick, it's only because he can survive in space that he does it.

Frieza is a survivor. He doesn't seem the type to commit or welcome suicide over the possibility of future revenge.

Having already touched Deletion Ki and survived, I think Frieza probably honestly believes that he could somehow resist or counter getting erased along with his universe. Maybe he's right, maybe he's not. Frieza and Goku are both in a weird cosmological gray area right now. Goku and Vegeta both literally become gods while they're Blue, and it stands to reason that Frieza undergoes something similar when he becomes Golden, based on the visual effect they use for his hosed-up evil overlord ki and the fact that it explicitly can keep up with or surpass SSJGSSJ. Since they exist outside of Zeno's hierarchical pantheon, it's an opportunity at least for the writers to do a semi-interesting asspull later.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
They would most definitely not survive deletion, the GoD for Universe 9 got erased and Goku & Pals are most likely not as strong as he was

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
By the rules of the Tournament, the team with the most fighters at the end of the 48 minutes wins right? Someone on Reddit had a good theory that this will be the way out for Universes 6, 7, 11 and (hopefully) 2, they all end up with one or two of people surviving until then, all even so no one universe specifically wins, and the Omni-kings decide it was such a good show they won't go into any kind of tie-breaker round and let them survive.

Probably means Gowasu, Robo-verse and rat universe will go the way of universe 9. Alas, some sacrifices must be made.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

khwarezm posted:

this will be the way out for Universes 6, 7, 11 and (hopefully) 2

Look at this guy who wishes death on my man Gowasu.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

a cartoon duck posted:

Look at this guy who wishes death on my man Gowasu.

I love the guy and will be sad that his vlogging career will be cut short but unfortunately his team are clearly a bunch of jobbers and they'll probably need to perma-kill at least one character established before the current arc to ratchet up the tension.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

khwarezm posted:

By the rules of the Tournament, the team with the most fighters at the end of the 48 minutes wins right? Someone on Reddit had a good theory that this will be the way out for Universes 6, 7, 11 and (hopefully) 2, they all end up with one or two of people surviving until then, all even so no one universe specifically wins, and the Omni-kings decide it was such a good show they won't go into any kind of tie-breaker round and let them survive.

Probably means Gowasu, Robo-verse and rat universe will go the way of universe 9. Alas, some sacrifices must be made.

But Gowasu is bae.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

CharlestonJew posted:

They would most definitely not survive deletion, the GoD for Universe 9 got erased and Goku & Pals are most likely not as strong as he was

I'm not saying it matters how strong they are. It matters if they can asspull a way to survive it, anyway :v:

In fact, to wit, Frieza was only pretending that the deletion ball was hurting him, and he was actually in control the whole time. It was Goku who had a Bad Time in there when Frieza kicked it onto him.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Zamasu...

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Android 18: "Who throws a shoe, honestly?"

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

seiferguy posted:

Android 18: "Who throws a shoe, honestly?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn9xNMz2NEM

homer watches dbs confirmed

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

It would be hilarious if Universe 9 ended up being the only one to get deleted.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I think Frieza and maybe Goku and Vegeta could have beaten Sidra

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I wonder how much of these random assholes are going to get into games in the future. When dudes like Apool appear multiple games does that means Random Flying Furry rear end in a top hat #74 will someday too?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Trio de Dangers will for sure.

Also going to hope for the Kamikaze Fireballs.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
At least one member of the Trio de Dangers (probably Bergamo, if his gimmick is workable), Ribrianne, Toppo, and Jiren seem like shoe-ins for future games.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Bee posted:

At least one member of the Trio de Dangers (probably Bergamo, if his gimmick is workable), Ribrianne, Toppo, and Jiren seem like shoe-ins for future games.

Oh yeah, no, I fully expect us to get anyone who fights a main character significantly without any real question. Kale and Broly are probably going to have a million what-if fighting scenarios.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I will crush you all as 'guy who failed to Bowserplex Goku out of the tournament'.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

Oh yeah, no, I fully expect us to get anyone who fights a main character significantly without any real question. Kale and Broly are probably going to have a million what-if fighting scenarios.

I want a game sidestory that's nothing but "what if Kale had to suffer through every single bullshit gently caress scenario Dragon Ball has thrown at these goons" just to see her hem and haw and act all lame and subby only to go full ripshit every single time until everyone is dead and she moves on timidly and apologetically to the next bloodbath

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

It'd be neat to have a game with every character in the tournament. Obviously that alone would not result in it being good, but it'd be neat.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
[name] gets swapped into Future Trunks' timeline and has to fight Black and Zamasu, what do they do?

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Xenoverse 3 will be about Trunks going rogue and teaming up with the GT and Super Trunks. 3 Trunkses for the third Xenoverse

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I could see them doing another Fusions that includes every single character in this tournament, since it's surely easier to make unique guys in that style.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
I can't wait to see what they do with the ToP for Dokkan Battle. :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

rare Magic card l00k posted:

I will crush you all as 'guy who failed to Bowserplex Goku out of the tournament'.

So long, gay Goku

• Locked thread