Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Rikimaru posted:

I can't wait for page after page of how you faggots organize your games you never play.

did you use to play Natural Selection on G4B2S servers?

also we can go back to chatting about who has the most shameful game playtime :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

We're steamcucks because we're not the ones being hosed by steam.

Guavatin
Mar 30, 2017

I think my tongues trying to kill me
How is path of exile these days? I'd be keen to get into it, just haven't heard to much of it lately.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

C.M. Kruger posted:

Anybody remember that Social Interaction Trainer game where you had to pay the dev money in a "silent auction" to unlock an achievement?

He's now melting down, has set the game price to $200 and is removing his games from Steam because they won't let him put a link to his patreon in them.

https://twitter.com/googumproduce/status/878306636464402432

I love how reasonable and sensible Steam support are being about this:

https://twitter.com/googumproduce/status/884934034584813568

singateco
Jan 28, 2013
That guy was so "indie" he couldn't even penetrate Steam Direct, amazing

Orv
May 4, 2011
"I don't take poo poo from wannabe cartels"

Real critical thinker on our hands here.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Mr. Flunchy posted:

It's as if the company that lives and dies by its customer database prefers you not leverage that database to advertise and make money somewhere else, but aside from that, you're more than welcome to make use of their services. Those bastards.

Tippis fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Jul 17, 2017

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah, I gotta side with steam on this one, it seems like they're trying to plug their patreon and get rich on the outrage.

dregan
Jan 16, 2005

I could transport you all into space if I wanted.

Anime... isn't real

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Guavatin posted:

How is path of exile these days? I'd be keen to get into it, just haven't heard to much of it lately.

It's still good but a bit quiet. I'd wait until the expansion to start at this point, when there'll be more people and you won't get cut off if you want to keep going on that character., unless you really want to start learning and be ready to shoot for the stats ASAP in the new content.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

SelenicMartian posted:

Omegaland cuts straight to the point.

OK, so, all fans of Eversion, get Omegaland. I've already said too much.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/619870/Omegaland/

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

Mr. Flunchy posted:

*snip* Twitter feed of a complete idiot that

My favourite part is that this rule doesn't seem to apply to the store page for your game, or the community hub, both of which will often post links to Bandcamp pages for game OSTs, but chuckles here is going to cut off his nose because he can't put it in the game directly. Even if I'm missing something, his games are still garbage and in that they simply seem to be a reflection of his personality so, you know, oh no please don't leave Steam because it totally needs low-effort cash-in bullshit.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

SelenicMartian posted:

This game is from the writer of The Sea Will Claim Everything and Talos' Principle. I haven't had the chance to check it out yet, but it should be great. And it's really cheap, too.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

deep dish peat moss posted:

Immortal Defense is the only one that really does anything unique.

i don't know about that because the ark of the covenant also melted eyeballs

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
I like how the whiny dev cuck guy has no likes on his tweets lol, like how do you end up being that insignificant that you can't even barely get two people to hit the button.

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK

Underwhelmed posted:

Seconding what others have said here:
Defender's Quest is one of the best pure TD games. I cant vouch for Immortal Defense though having never played it.

I would say that Dungeon of the Endless is easily my favorite of the bunch, but it isn't a traditional TD by any stretch so if you are specifically in the market for a TD, it might not fit the bill (I would say play it anyway because you will probably like it and want to put some time in with it eventually)

I ended up picking up Dungeon of the Endless, I did want a pure TD but this one seemed to creative and enough TD it may scratch that itch and more.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Did you know that Betrayal at Krondor is on steam? I may have a lot of tolerance for old school RPG's, but it still holds up.

Like "should I play some more TitS 3? Nah, let's keep going with BaK" levels of holds up.

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

Shima Honnou posted:

I like how the whiny dev cuck guy has no likes on his tweets lol, like how do you end up being that insignificant that you can't even barely get two people to hit the button.

Can you buy his game with Steam Cucks?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Turd Herder posted:

I ended up picking up Dungeon of the Endless, I did want a pure TD but this one seemed to creative and enough TD it may scratch that itch and more.

Creeper World is another fun TD/RTS series with some unique wrinkles.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Ahahahaha wow.

I wouldn't play this libertarian moron's games if he paid me to.

Valve: *has reasonable demands in order to use their absolutely massive international distribution network*

John Galt Wannabe: NO MY FREEDOMS! I AM BEING TROD ON! All I want is for Steam to act as an unwilling advertiser for my other revenue stream that they don't get a piece of, on their service, using their resources. Gabe Newell can only have the sweat off of one of my brows! :qq:

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

Really Pants posted:

Creeper World is another fun TD/RTS series with some unique wrinkles.

Added that to my wish list. Thanks

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Synthbuttrange posted:

We're steamcucks because we're not the ones being hosed by steam.

drat, you're right. He's the one getting hosed by Steam and we're just watching. I don't get why this guy just doesn't put a link in his game that says "Check out my website for more info!" and then put his patreon prominently on his developer website along with information about the game and whatever else.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

C.M. Kruger posted:

Anybody remember that Social Interaction Trainer game where you had to pay the dev money in a "silent auction" to unlock an achievement?

He's now melting down, has set the game price to $200 and is removing his games from Steam because they won't let him put a link to his patreon in them.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/519930/Social_Interaction_Trainer/
https://twitter.com/googumproduce/status/878306636464402432

This is just dripping with irony.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

SelenicMartian posted:

So this dev made something supposedly similar to this before called Phenomenon 32 (and by similar I mean very vaguely similar) and Phenomenon 32 seems like a pretty interesting game. However, the way it handles is just so...bleh and it is very grating on my eyes and you have pretty much no feedback on what areas you need to go back to and how much stuff is left there and aaaaaaaa just a whole bunch of confusion and poo poo. Basically I'm wondering if anybody here ever played that game and if they could just spoil the ending for me because idk how far into it I got but I can tell there's no way I could get to the end and I can't even find a video playthrough online.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
GMG is having a Warm Up for their Summer Sale with a bunch of things getting discounted. It isn't as diverse as Steam but good enough if you're still aching for some deals.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Is the Pathologic remake supposed to be :10bux: or is this a glitch?

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Xander77 posted:

I think it's only a HD version of the original, not the remake.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Xander77 posted:

That's just regular pathologic I think

Orv
May 4, 2011
The remake is not out yet, no.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

corn in the bible posted:

That's just regular pathologic I think
isthereanydeal is equally confused then :/

Orv
May 4, 2011
Both Gamersgate and Amazon are selling old Pathologic.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Has anyone played Star Fleet Armada Rogue Adventures? I'm trying to find out if it's any good under that delightfully antiquated UI, and of the two videos of it on youtube, none of 'em deal with actual combat.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Monochroma is a pretty fun Limbo-like cinematic platformer, at least thus far.

Also, Pneuma: Breath of Life is surprisingly good outside of one particularly frustrating puzzle (the floor tiles in chapter 5). There's also a puzzle in chapter 6 that I was able to skip by abusing checkpoints. It's quite short, but worth playing if you enjoy first-person puzzlers and can get it for cheap.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Xander77 posted:

Did you know that Betrayal at Krondor is on steam? I may have a lot of tolerance for old school RPG's, but it still holds up.

Like "should I play some more TitS 3? Nah, let's keep going with BaK" levels of holds up.

The first person control is hella janky (and to be fair, it was even when the game came out), and some of the combat stuff is pretty non-straight forward, but I agree it holds together pretty well considering it's age. It's got a decent pacing (no respawning or random encounters, thank god), the characters and story are fun, and the interface generally works the way you'd expect it to.

Floppy version is superior to the CD version IMO, I like the FM music better, and the voice acting doesn't really add much and slows things down a bit.

basalt
Jan 11, 2015

I really was not prepared for Everything's creative approach to character animations.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Floppy version is superior to the CD version IMO, I like the FM music better, and the voice acting doesn't really add much and slows things down a bit.
I've played a version of BaK that I bought on a CD, the GoG version, and (currently) the one on steam. None of them had voice acting. I think you might be imagining things.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Xander77 posted:

I've played a version of BaK that I bought on a CD, the GoG version, and (currently) the one on steam. None of them had voice acting. I think you might be imagining things.

Nah it has very limited voice acting, mostly just when you initiate a dialog with someone. Apparently it's buggy/limited though and will only play with certain audio settings?

From the GoG thread it sounds like you have to have Redbook music on in order to also get the voice acting, but there is a fan fix for it if you want MIDI + Voice Acting.

E: I did misremember that all of those things are togglable in the options of the CD version though so I guess it's more MIDI supremacy over lovely Redbook than anything.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jul 17, 2017

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Now that I'm posting my Weeklong Deal roundups on an actual website, the coding is different and it's a pain in the rear end to re-do for something that most people probably scroll past anyway. If you want to check them out you can do so here, but at the very least you should probably pick up Refunct if you haven't yet. It's still being updated with graphical enhancements and new achievements, and is now playable in 27 languages.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

basalt posted:

I really was not prepared for Everything's creative approach to character animations.
you see them rollin/you hatin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

basalt
Jan 11, 2015

awesmoe posted:

you see them rollin/you hatin
I honestly thought something had gone horribly wrong at first.

basalt fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Jul 17, 2017

• Locked thread